• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How and when do you plan to get the games?

Have you Pre-Ordered Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

• Yep!

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Nope, I'll just pick up a copy in store.

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I'll probably just use the same way I did with Black 2 - download a 3DS emulator and grab the game in the torrents!
I would love to grab it for 3DS, not for PC, but I don't think you can buy them both in Eastern Europe. :(

Only problem is there is no 3DS emulator right now.

Augenis

Lithuanian PokéNerd
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
It will probably come out until October.
If it won't, then screw it, I will forget everything I knew about X and Y.

blue

gucci
Years
I've actually put a £5 deposit in at GAME to ensure they will reserve me a copy on the day, just in case there's a sudden sell out of the games which is likely given the amount of people wanting them.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I haven't yet, but I do plan on pre-ordering Pokemon X from GameStop. c: I plan on getting Y too, but probably not on the same day, because I am sadly a broke person. x3 So Y I'll probably buy later on, probably used. xP

alexithymia

Time Lady
Years
I saw pre-order cards for them at Target, so I grabbed one of each. I'll get them at some point during release day. :D

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I never really trade-in any games, so it'll be pretty much the same thing when it comes to getting Pokémon X and Y. I've got both Pokémon X and Pokémon Y pre-ordered anyways, so I'll be getting it right on it's release date once it's revealed during the E3 Nintendo Direct next week.

And here's the thing: even though Nintendo and TPC did say "Worldwide October 2013", but I'm sure they meant it's going to be separate release dates within the same month. :P

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I never really trade-in any games, so it'll be pretty much the same thing when it comes to getting Pokémon X and Y. I've got both Pokémon X and Pokémon Y pre-ordered anyways, so I'll be getting it right on it's release date once it's revealed during the E3 Nintendo Direct next week.

And here's the thing: even though Nintendo and TPC did say "Worldwide October 2013", but I'm sure they meant it's going to be separate release dates within the same month. :P
I guess i will have to shut down the WiFi then.... XD

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I do not have a 3DS yet. I am going to see if they will have a combo pack with the game and a 3DS and buy it then most likely. Other wise, I plan to get it the same day I get a 3ds.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
I'll buy it the weekend after it comes out. I think there has been a trend in the UK (where I live) where it has been released on a Friday, so there is only one day until the Saturday. But it's a worldwide release so perhaps it will be different. I also have not bothered buying a 3DS yet, as the only reason I'm buying one is for the new Pokemon games. No other games interest me on the system.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I preordered and paid for both in full. I may also get another copy to give to my younger brother for Christmas. I preordered using birthday money.

blue

gucci
Years
I guess it's going to be another early wake up on the day of the release, I remember picking up Black & White from GAME in my town at around 10AM.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I'll do it the old-school way, and just walk into a store when the game makes it to the stores around here. I don't have much hope for the game being on the eShop in the first place, so I guess I'll have to make do with that. Kind of annoying, to be honest.

Nakala Pri

On my birthday. I won't preorder because, well... too hard and I know it's coming. I am weird, so don't question me. xD

Back