• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Beach

Shawn and Sting both wound up avoiding the cracks in the ground from the Earthquake attack, but Shawn's head was shook up and starting to pound heavily. Out of pure reaction, his hand went up to cradle his head. He looked towards Ash as he heard her words. He simply shook his head, "My job is not merely to win, but to learn from others. If I can learn something from this battle, I win in the end." He tried to push past the pain and after a minute, he had succeeded in focusing on the battle.

He glanced down at Sting, who was shook up a little, but was still in this fight. "Time for your Thunder Fang attack," he said, just loud enough for Sting to hear. At that command, Sting skittered forward as fast as he could. When he got near the foe, Sting leapt forward, his jaws shimmering with a yellowish glow. Shawn knew if he could at least paralyze or maybe even burn the Lucario, he had a chance.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Hallways

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
->
404.png
633.png

Mana didn't get Kilik's question. Perhaps if he clarified it better... "What I mean is, is she good using physical attacks, like Tackle or something?" Kilik hopes Mana will be able to understand his question clearly. If she's a human with Espeon DNA, how does she battle herself? Perhaps that's a question that should be left.

This idle chat was going well. Mana brings up the topic of Kilik's Pokemon. She wanted to know what kind of Pokemon he had. Kilik doesn't have that many Pokemon, but he has some good Pokemon. "Well, let's see," he taps his chin as he began thinking of the Pokemon Mana hasn't seen yet. "You've already seen Yaiba & Tentou. I also have Zoroark, nicknamed Mistress, Gligar, nicknamed Pierce, & Deino, nicknamed Ganta. That's about it. I'm still training some of my Pokemon, Tentou for instance." Kilik pointed out to Tentou who was having his own idle chat with Felicity. Wait, why was he starting to glow?

Too much praise for Tentou. It was his first battle, at least that's what he remembers, & already the audience is noticing his talents. Sure, he still has a long way to go, so he'll have to give it his all to be the very best! "All right! I'll do my best!" Tentou cheers & jumps in the air, & when he lands, he suddenly starts glowing bright. His form was changing, his whole shape adjusting to a new size.

Kilik already couldn't believe it. The recent Pokemon he caught was already evolving. Tentou was now a Luxio. "Amazing. How much he did after I met him, he's already this strong." Kilik was starting to wonder how strong Tentou truly was. It's a huge surprise. Training will bring many surprises later.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Route Leading Back To Academy

Oak Town was now nowhere to be seen. Conor was unsure how long he and Poliwag had been walking for. Looking around Conor saw the same Pokémon that he previously seen on his way to 'Oak Town'. As he and Poliwag proceeded along the road back to the Academy, a wild Phanpy jumped in front of them and prevented them from passing. Conor clenched his fist, "Looks like it's not going to let us past Poli" "Only one thing left to do, Poli you up for it?" Conor asked looking at Poliwag. Poliwag jumped down from Conor's shoulder, frowned and locked its eyes towards Phanpy.

"It's been a while since I last battled" Conor muttered. "Alright Poli, start this off with water gun" A sharp blast of water came from Poliwag, the attack crashed into Phanpy and it slid back from the attack. As Phanpy regained its composure, it looked Poliwag dead on and charged head first. "Look out Poli", Boom! The Phanpy hit Poliwag and send it flying backwards. "That's tackle" snarled Conor "This isn't going to be easy". As Poliwag got back on it's feet. "Poli it's time to use Hypnosis!" said Conor. Poliwag closed it's eyes and started to emit waves of energy from its stomach towards Phanpy.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Ash

Hearing Shawn, Ash sighed. "You're so boring... Kira, duck to block, Blaze Kick the teeth. Follow it up with a trumpet fire." Kira nodded, smirking. Poor lad. They've done one of the few things his mistress never enjoys: made her bored. Ash did about as well with boredom as he did her stupidity. "Maa... oh well." She suddenly smiled. "I guess it's your choice... but still..." She scratched her head. "Have any fun? Like... ever? Or are even friends just a job to you?"

She didn't sound sneering or even like the question was worth asking. She just said it; like you would observe rain falling onto the ground. Then she smiled at him.

Skye

"Ow! Skye, what the heck?"

"Shh..."

Rama grumbles as Pala blows tiny puffs of concentrated cold onto his fur. "Hate the cold..."

Skye strokes his ears, flattening the rude tufts that simply won't go down after Volca's attempt to brutalize the pair of them. "Yuh-hou're the wuh-one whuh-ho wuh-hon't yuh-use the mah-hachine," he commented softly, brushing at the shards of frozen skin under the fur. They cracked away at his simple touch, falling to the floor. Skye sighs as Pala pokes at them in curiosity. "Nuh-hot food."

"Why?"

"I probably taste bad,"
Rama offered with a snort. Pala blinked and shook her head, going to scratch off the ice with her tiny claws. Skye puts them down gently on the bench and slowly walks up to the Pokemon Center counter. Seeing the incident with the Gardevoir and the trainer made him raise an eyebrow, but he decided to forgo asking. He only offered the Gardevoir a shy, polite smile and turned back to the Nurse Joy.

"Duh-Do you... hah-have any buh-hurn sah-salve?" It was hard to keep looking her in the eye, due to his own embarrassment. Skye thought the Pokemon was staring at him over her food... which was really quite... odd. He decided to let it go for now and then add rather sheepishly. "A-hand a duh-hustpan? Ruh-Rama hah-hah-" He paused and sighed sadly. Skye really hated when words just did not come out. "Doesn't luh-luh-like the mah-machines."

"Darn straight."

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Dexter Patrick Prince || Out of Dead Forest
511.png
17.png
352.png
+ Helioptile​

Rosie called out her Skarmory. The Steel-type appeared once more in a red flash of light. Using one hand as support, he helped Rosie climb behind Pokemon, securing her so that she can wrap her hands around Skarmory's neck, in case sudden changes in the Pokemon's flight surprises her. Dex stepped back and lookec closely at his handiwork.

"Do you reckon Silver can carry the both of us?" Dex asked, checking the body of the Skarmory for a possible foothold. It was smooth metal, and the only way Rosie managed to get up was by using Dex' hand as a leverage. Like a step-ladder. "I think I won't even be able to ride its back."

As if answering him, however, Silver knelt so Dex could easily climbed in behind Rosie. "Well, smart bird?"

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Zen
Aw1lIZf.png
282.png
Pokemon Center

Chapter One: Part Two
A Wild(?) Gardevoir Appears!

Joy looked to Zen, a confused look on her expression. Zen sighed and put her tray down on the counter. "Don't worry, I've got this." Stretching as she stood up, she held both her hands over the Pokemon. Her hands began to glow, and sparkly bits seemed to fall from her hands onto the Pokemon, healing effects soon becoming the result. "There... Better?" She slid back up onto the counter, closing her eyes. "You know, it's not easy to understand gibberish." She added this plainly.

"You know, you could be of some use here, with those abilities." Joy smiled, and Zen turned to her in confusion. "Your healing powers. That was a Heal Pulse, was it not?"

Zen nodded. "I suppose so... I know Wish as well... And Healing Wish, though I've never had a reason to use the last one."

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years

Steven Yew
picture.php

The Discovery (pt. 2)
Forensic lab

Yew looked up from a particularly interesting deformation in the skeleton's humerus to see Zayne. He smiled, and replied, "Well, I believe that we've found an ancestor of the modern day Rhydon. As you can see, it is obviously female, and a bit different than the general structure of the Rhydon that you and I know."

Tetra looked up from the large machine she was using, and said, Master Yew, I have just identified the skeleton to be approximately 150 years old, and judging by the shape of the femur, it is of Johto origin. Yew lightened at this, and said, "Thamk you! I'll write this down immediately!" AS a young child would, Yew excitedly began jotting down notes, completely forgetting about his friend.

Professor of Pokemon history and mythology

Party:
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Fixed Float!

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
295332_364632546975737_188531419_n.jpg
Rosalyn Smith

Rosalyn smiled slightly as Dex helped her onto Silver's back murmuring a thank you. "Do you reckon Silver can carry the both of us?" Dex asked as she watched him look at Silver. "I think I won't even be able to ride its back." though before she could answer Silver knelt so Dex could climb on. "Well, smart bird?"

"He's a very smart Pokemon" she patted Silver's neck as Dex climbed on as well. "very proud and arrogant as well" she shook her head as Silver huffed in response. "Oh hush now Silver, you know it's true" she smiled affectionately. "alright Silver, take us to Oak Town please" Silver took off into the air and Rosalyn held onto his neck with one hand, the other keeping her long hair close to her shoulder so the wind wouldn't make it hit Dex in the face. About five minutes later Silver landed gracefully on the ground outside of the Oak Town Pokemon Center.

miltankRancher

Years
Dexter Patrick Prince || Oak Town
511.png
17.png
352.png
+ Helioptile​

Dex held on tightly as Silver took off. Pid is way too small for riding yet, so Dex have never felt flying with a Pokemon. He tried finding a secure hand-hold, but failed to do so. Instead, he grabbed one of Skarmory's steel wings, and hoped that the Pokemon does not mind. It didn't.

Silver landed in front of the Pokemon Center in Oak Town. Dex felt a familiarity with the establishment. Almost an hour ago, he was just here healing his Pokemon. Was it just one hour? It felt like almost five. Dex jumped down, and held out his hand for Rosie to grab. "Here. Careful in going down. The ground is a little bumpy, so try not to jump too hard. Your ankle might worsen." Dex smiled as he waited for Rosie to grab his hand.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith

"Here. Careful in going down. The ground is a little bumpy, so try not to jump too hard. Your ankle might worsen." Dex smiled after he jumped off Silver's back and held out a hand to help her down. Nodding in response to what he said she was about to jump off when Silver knelt so the ground was closer to her. Smiling back at Dex she took his hand and carefully slid off Silver's back landing lightly on the ground putting most of her weight on her good ankle only grimacing slightly at the slight pain in her injured one.

"thanks" she smiled at Dex not letting go of his hand as she turned her head to look at Silver and gently patted the Skarmory's neck with her free hand. "your such a good boy Silver" she chuckled slightly. "Thanks for kneeling lower so I could get down easier" she patted her Pokemon one more time before recalling him to his Pokeball and looking back at Dex. "I mean it, thanks for helping me Dex"

miltankRancher

Years
Dexter Patrick Prince || Oak Town
511.png
17.png
352.png
+ Helioptile

"I mean it, thanks for helping me Dex," Rosie said, not letting go of Dex' hand. His heart started beating wildly. While the two are not yet acquainted for the most part of the day, it seemed that the incident bonded the two of them immediately. I don't know what to do with this circumstances. Shall I let go? Dex just smiled.

"Let's go inside, and have that ankle of yours checked," Dex led Rosie inside, supporting her by the arm. The Pokemon Center was, as usual, bustling with people. Many trainers loitered outside the establishment and, like before, Dex could see a wide selection of Pokemon. "Come on," Dex whispered as he led her towards the doors of the Pokemon Center.

Last edited:
Years

Zayne Alta

Yew became quite excited about his latest find, although nothing had been said or anything... Zayne assumed that his Gardevoir had said something telepathically.
"Uh..." Zayne wasn't entirely sure what to say, it seemed as though Yew and completely forgotten he was in the room "Well, I'll see you later like we agreed anyway. Perhaps you can tell me more about your find then. See you."

Zayne left the building and decided he'd walk around Oaktown for awhile - he had nothing better to do until his class started.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Route Leading Back To Academy

The waves of energy pulsed towards Phanpy, they got closer and closer until … Phanpy jumped out of the way! "This Phanpy's smarter than I thought" growled Conor. The Phanpy let out a large growl, placed its head down and started sliding its leg along the ground. The Phanpy took off charging towards Poliwag, Conor had little time to react as the Phanpy raised its head as it crashed into Poliwag with full force, sending Poliwag skywards.

As Poliwag came crashing down to the ground, it stood up with a strain. Conor could see that Poliwag looked tired and worn out. "Come on Poli, hang in there". Phanpy circled back around and again came charging head first at Poliwag. "Alright Poli, water gun now!" Conor shouted. Poliwag released a jet of water from its mouth, it hit the Phanpy throwing it off balance and crashing into the ground. "Nice one Poli, now wrap this up with Hypnosis". Waves of energy again came from Poliwag. As Phanpy stood back up and regained its composure, it could do little to avoid the Hypnosis this time. The waves hit Phanpy, it struggled to stay upright and also staggered a minute before falling into a deep sleep.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard - Pokemon Center

As the ghost taunted him yet again, his anger only grew. That little runt was going to die. Now. He would rip his spine out... if he had a spine. Did ghosts even have spines? Well, they were ghosts, so he would have to take to doing something else. He was sticking his rear out at him, so why not attack that? He opened his right claw wide as it began to glow a bright white. He sped right at the ghost and yelled out as he moved his claws to grab onto the body part that stuck out, and if he grabbed onto it would not hesitate to grip at tightly as he could to inflict as much pain as he could.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
It was working so far... Snype was putting up a fight toward Roberto. Hopefully it'd be worth it by the time he got through with this turn. All he had to do was stall long enough... just one more attack and he'd be able to pull off his strategy. Roberto's anger toward him was a big weakness. Snype wanted to talk to Roberto but he was going to save it once his flaws were made clear. Snype was grabbed right from behind. By now his Safeguard would have worn off giving Snype the chance to strike! It was all or nothing here and Roberto was at point blank and absolutely enraged. Snype's eyes gave an errie glow as he released a flurry of blue flames toward Roberto. The flames would cause Roberto to get burned, crippling his phsyical attacks by half. Since he was taunted, he could use any other tricks to help him out.

"Kehe, getting a bit personal aren't we?"This grudge you have against me is going to be your downfall." Snype said with a smirk.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard - Pokemon Center

Roberto cried out in pain as the flames seared his body. It just enraged him even more as the ghost just taunted him however he could, though he had just marked a potential target on his body. Roberto immediately focused in on his gemstone eyes and a rather cruel thought entered his mind. Without hesitation Roberto powered up another Metal Claw and flung it right at the left eye. Would it shatter? He didn't know, but it would be fun to see just what would happen!

"Yeah, and you're about to be blind!" The Scizor sneered right on back.

At least... he hoped the ghost would be. Hehe, try and recover from a destroyed eyeball you jerk!

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype braced himself for Roberto's next attack. To his surprise though, the Scizor aimed for his eye which took a direct hit! And boy did it hurt! Not enough to shatter them though. The gemstones were much more durable then that. Still, was Roberto crazy? He couldn't call out to him for a cheap blow since Snype's fighting style revolved around playing dirty but that was a really brutal move He covered his left eye and cried out in pain.

"Gyahhhh! I'm lucky I burned you... that would have really hurt you crazy Scizor..." Snype muttered. The only attack Snype had to hurt Roberto efficiently with was Low Sweep, so he'd have to use his feet to fight this guy. Snype swept his leg under Roberto's feet once more from his position.

"Whats your deal? I'm not the same Sableye from before. I would never kill!"He insisted as they continued to fight.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith

"Let's go inside, and have that ankle of yours checked," Dex smiled leading her inside supporting her by her arm. "Come on," he whispered as they neared the doors to the Pokemon Center. Rosalyn smiled back, she was grateful he was being so helpful. Sure they had only met that day, but she was sure they had bonded over the incident in the Dead Forest.

As soon as they crossed the doors into the Pokemon Center a nurse spotted them and quickly walked over glancing worriedly at her. "Are you okay Dear?"

Rosalyn smiled slightly at the nurse. "I fell in the forest and hurt my ankle"

The Nurse took her other arm and Rosalyn let go of Dex as the nurse led her off. "Let's take a look at it dear."

---------------------------

About ten minutes later Rosalyn entered the lobby again. Her ankle was bandaged and she had a pair of crutches in one hand and walked with a slight limp. "Just a mild sprain. It's a good thing your friend helped you and got you here quickly. Just take it easy, try not to put to much pressure on your foot, and use the crutches when you need to. You should be fine in a week since it's a mild sprain"

Rosalyn nodded. "I will, thank you"

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Pokémon Center (Room 5)

"Just for a few days," Alice said, "I'm kind of new here as well." With a smile on her face, finally feeling no pain in her head, she looked at the girl's Skitty, who had apparently saved her from that Gastly. "Hello, Merida!" she said happily, "Nice to meet you too, and thank you!"

Her mind then diverted to the two boys. Vanille said that they stared at her, blushed and ran away without saying a word. Who could they be? And why would they torture her while she slept? It's not like she had done anything bad to anyone, right? Okay, Alice, let's not ruin the moment, she thought, Stay happy, keep smiling. Her last thoughts were reflected on a big grin on her face.

"Oh, and I almost forgot!" she said, "I'm from the Entei Dorm. What about you?"

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou dorm - Beach

"Well, that didn't take too long..." he thought as the Lucario lashed out with a Blaze Kick, sending Sting end over end, followed up with a powerful flame attack that sent him reeling. Sting landed with a hard THUD to the ground, the burns and the kick taking their toll. Sting, though, still tried to get up, but it was all for naught as he collapsed again, his energy sent.

Shawn recalled Sting to his poke ball as he thought about the question she asked. "I've had lots of fun before. I also had a few friends, but I was travelling with my parents a lot, too. Recently, I've been too focused on training myself to be stronger so I can go find them. My parents disappeared a while back, which is why I'm here," he stated, looking dead into her eyes as he spoke. She seemed almost emotionless, which he kinda envied right now.

"Sorry for boring you, anyways," he continued, "I've only battled one other trainer since coming here, and I'm only used to battling wild pokemon. Maybe when I get better, I can entertain you more." With that, Shawn kinda laughed, feeling more alone now than ever.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Back