The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Main Series Games Sixth Generation
A New Land, the Kalos Region

Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old May 25th, 2013 (6:47 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Riddle me suspicious, but it's no accident that the train station is over there. Either that or they're trolling us (very successfully, I might add) once again.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
    Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 25th, 2013 (7:53 AM).

Nature: Jolly
      Well the 5th gen games are the closest to the 6th gen games graphically/aesthetically.

So if they were going to convert a region to the new style for Pokemon XY, the most straight forward one would probably be Unova.

I'm not convinced game freak would be too concerned about having played the last four games in Unova as a reason not to go back there....
      Old May 25th, 2013 (12:07 PM).
      10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
        Well this region looks much bigger than Johto, and doesn't seem like it'll need another region to give us a full Pokémon main game experience. It'll be nice to visit Unova but I don't think the two will be physically connected to one another.
        https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
        Old May 25th, 2013 (1:18 PM).
        • Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
        Obviously an extra region would be a bonus but as MRAS said, this region looks large enough to explore without the need to add a second region.
        Old May 26th, 2013 (4:43 AM).
        just a guy
        • Silver Tier

I think the routes being reset again is a big sign this region is set far away from the other regions. If anything, that railroad leads to a place hidden under the clouds or just another city or town on the map. Like MRAS, KALOS looks like a rather large region, with enough mass to stand on its own.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
        I'm thinking this could work? But what if....what if they were in their own caves, kind of like R/S/E, y'know? Going by the assumption that an R/S/E remake won't be existing anytime soon (if at all), they could at least revive some of the elements there and make the legendary mascots for this generation appear in a similar form that Kyogre and Groudon did, at least?

...On second thought, though, this does seem rather hard to imagine. .-.
        Neither of them seem like Pokémon you'd find in a cave. They feel more like Ho-oh and Lugia where they can be found in two separate and distinct locations on the map.
        Old May 26th, 2013 (10:44 AM).
        WUB WUB
        • Gold Tier

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
        Obviously an extra region would be a bonus but as MRAS said, this region looks large enough to explore without the need to add a second region.
        I agree, Kalos seems big enough to offer plenty of adventures without the need of another region.
        And the routes being reset seems to support this

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
        Neither of them seem like Pokémon you'd find in a cave. They feel more like Ho-oh and Lugia where they can be found in two separate and distinct locations on the map.
        Imo, Xerneas should/could be found in a forest and Yveltal on top of a Mountain

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
        Old May 26th, 2013 (2:13 PM).
        I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
        I'm really happy with just the fact that it's not linear - that was maybe the biggest flaw of Unova in my opinion so I'm realllyy happy that's not the case here!

Also someone posted in another thread that it looks like it could be connected to Unova which would be cool, but I think Kalos is pretty big on its own! I mean, doesn't it have 3 split Pokedexes? (though maybe that's just because they've included a lot of Pokemon and have nothing to do with the actual region size)

..I'm just happy its green and not linear and looks big enough

ORAS/XYBW
        Old May 26th, 2013 (2:38 PM).

Maybe the dex being split into three means that each section of the region has as much diversity in Pokémon as the entire region has in terms of biomes, a lot.
          Old May 26th, 2013 (2:46 PM).
          ► My Happy Little Pill 
          • Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
          Quote:
          I agree with this. I mean, I still think it's possible that the purple crystalline place is somewhat significant (and I guess it could be a Gym too as stated, but eh. You can't really make out any other buildings that distinctly on the map, so seems unlikely to me. Or it's just that big and cool =P), but they definitely do look like they'd be found in two different places. Xerneas definitely doesn't look like a cave-dwelling Pokémon, and Yveltal I feel like needs easy access to the skies.
          Old May 27th, 2013 (1:23 PM). Edited May 27th, 2013 by Guy.
          Unhatched Suicune Egg

Im amazed nobody thought about this yet but I mean, what if instead of trains, since the land is filled with rivers and waterways.... What if there is a new travel mechanic that lets you get on a gondola/ferry/miniboat/or just your pokemon that knows surf. And ride around the region like that. If I knew how to post pictures on here then I would show you how I mapped it all out but whatevs.

Here it is. I know my mousewriting and stuff sux but....... Deal.

Spoiler:

Love is earned. Not given. Be prepared for the hardest time of your life!
            Here's my Youtube channel for Pokemon: http://www.youtube.com/user/MyJT1990
            Old May 27th, 2013 (4:47 PM).

I thought of that also (and believe I mentioned in other chat), due to all the rivers, and this being based on france it'll make sense...maybe we'll go on a ride in a ferry with the antagonist xD.
              Old May 27th, 2013 (5:17 PM).
              Unhatched Suicune Egg

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                I thought of that also (and believe I mentioned in other chat), due to all the rivers, and this being based on france it'll make sense...maybe we'll go on a ride in a ferry with the antagonist xD.
                Lol that would be too awkward! What would the converation be
                You: ...................................................................
                Antagonist dude: So I see youre a young trainer on a journey yes?
                You:....................................................................
                Antagonist dude: Yes....... I remember those days... Did you know that I'm a crime lord?
                You:...................................................................!
                Antagonist dude: *Monologue* So finally.... MY PLAN IS TO USE THE *insert games legendary here* TO TAKE OVER THE ENTIRE KALOS REGION!!!!
                You:*ellipses along the lines of "I wont let you!"*
                Antagonist dude: Try and stop me!
                You: *Push him off the boat*

Love is earned. Not given. Be prepared for the hardest time of your life!
                Here's my Youtube channel for Pokemon: http://www.youtube.com/user/MyJT1990
                Old May 27th, 2013 (5:30 PM).
                Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
                  As others have said, I do not think Kalos is linked to Unova. I thought that it could be as well, but the routes do reset in Kalos like they did in Unova. So I don't think it will be linked. They may be thinking about using that train in the 7th Gen if it takes place in Germany. They had already started working on this game when 5th Gen first came out. The hint was the French people on Route 16 ( I think) and the Game Freak guy saying, I am working on an idea for the next game In Castelia City.
                  Old May 27th, 2013 (6:42 PM).
                  • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
                  Quote:
                  Well, to be fair, Lugia was found in a cave, next to a Waterfall, if I'm correct. :x Could be the situation with at least one of these Pokemon, but I do agree they don't really seem like cave-dwelling Pokemon by any chance. Wouldn't it be interesting if if they were pokemon to roam around, though? Considering how big the region is, I wouldn't put it past GF to force the player to try to actually look for and find them, kind of like how you find Raikou/Entei/Suicune.

...Then again, I don't see that going too well. Perhaps seeing them on top of a structure of some sort (like in Ho-oh's case) would be best.

we're living limitless

Old May 27th, 2013 (7:03 PM).
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

That's right Lugia was catchable in a cave with a incave waterfall from which it comes out of to battle you (well in SS it comes out of the waterfall). If there's a cave involved in any legendary capture I'll imagine it being Yvetal but that'll be the path to get it, like we may need to enter the cavern in the large mountain in the map and climb to the top and eventually arrive outside or to a crack in the mountain that allows one to see the sky and suddenly Yvetal can attack from the sky/cloud like Lugia with the waterfall.
                    Old May 28th, 2013 (2:29 AM).
                    • Platinum Tier

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MJT1990 View Post
                    Im amazed nobody thought about this yet but I mean, what if instead of trains, since the land is filled with rivers and waterways.... What if there is a new travel mechanic that lets you get on a gondola/ferry/miniboat/or just your pokemon that knows surf. And ride around the region like that. If I knew how to post pictures on here then I would show you how I mapped it all out but whatevs.

Here it is. I know my mousewriting and stuff sux but....... Deal.

Y'know I'm surprised I didn't think of that, what with all the rivers flowing through France I think it would be a great way to get around. It would certainly be a new transport system for the world of Pokemon and it would fit in with the whole European theme.
                    Old May 28th, 2013 (7:27 AM).
                    ► My Happy Little Pill 
                    • Platinum Tier

I think I actually did bring that up awhile ago (at least I think I did, but I probably just had it in my head and never said it =P), but obviously I agree that'd be a really cool idea. There are pretty much rivers all around the river that connect most of the region, so it'd definitely be cool to see ferries that would carry around the region on the water. If not, it'd still be fun to Surf on the rivers as a way of travel as well.
                    Old May 28th, 2013 (8:12 AM).

I sure hope we get to at least surf on them, Unova didn't give us much of a chance to ride it's rivers all the way up, and all the other regions had small rivers (the most fun I think were Hoenn's as some of them had waterfalls in them, and it'll rain occasionally, oh and capturing feebas), and in Hoenn's case most of the Surfing was on the open sea.
                      Old May 28th, 2013 (10:37 AM).
                      ~~King Of Valla~~

I really think that Gamefreak is going to use Unova as a DLC... and a rather expensive one.

3DS:4871 4138 8216
                        Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
                        Old May 28th, 2013 (2:07 PM).

Nature: Brave
                          I'm hoping the train is a reference to the Eurostar and the 7th Gen will be in the UK

Old June 1st, 2013 (1:35 PM).
                          Patnogonian

Nature: Hardy
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
                            I really think that Gamefreak is going to use Unova as a DLC... and a rather expensive one.
                            I don't think Gamefreak would ever have a DLC. They haven't done one for any DS game yet, so why now? Also, since the very beginning, players have always been enticed to play with friends and do all kinds of multiplayer interaction. Just being able to BUY a completely separate region would exclude the people who don't buy it from participating in this. I don't really think they would do that..

My Youtube Channel:
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLiLiBubba?feature=mhee
                            Old June 1st, 2013 (6:46 PM).

Well some of the legendaries in japan require one to pre order a ticket to the movies to get a certain legend, that's as close as they've gotten. Also Gf don't have much titles they made that have come out in systems with DLC. Mystery dungeon which irc is made by another group does have DLC though, so it's not alien to the franchise as a whole.

Now a whole region or a large area the size of unova sounds like a lot...
                              Old June 2nd, 2013 (4:30 PM).
                              ► My Happy Little Pill 
                              • Platinum Tier

I don't really see Unova as a DLC add-on to Kalos. If anything, I'd hope that they would stray away from Unova. I don't want to re-visit the same region for the third time in a row, and I'm hoping Game Freak will recognize that's a silly decision. It really appears like Kalos itself has enough going on for it to where we won't need another region to explore as post-game content. If anything, I'd rather just have another mini area that's exclusive to Kalos itself.
                              Old June 2nd, 2013 (6:05 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
                                I don't really see Unova as a DLC add-on to Kalos. If anything, I'd hope that they would stray away from Unova. I don't want to re-visit the same region for the third time in a row, and I'm hoping Game Freak will recognize that's a silly decision. It really appears like Kalos itself has enough going on for it to where we won't need another region to explore as post-game content. If anything, I'd rather just have another mini area that's exclusive to Kalos itself.
                                I agree, a small region like Kanto's Sevii Islands or Sinnoh's battle peninsula (that's my nickname for it) would be better than a whole region imo which could potentially be devoid of all that made it fun in it's original games like Kanto in gen II.
                                Old June 3rd, 2013 (8:07 PM).
                                Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by j_Woo View Post
                                  I don't think Gamefreak would ever have a DLC. They haven't done one for any DS game yet, so why now? Also, since the very beginning, players have always been enticed to play with friends and do all kinds of multiplayer interaction. Just being able to BUY a completely separate region would exclude the people who don't buy it from participating in this. I don't really think they would do that..
                                  Doesn't Gamefreak do the Mystery Dungeon series? It has DLC, so your "any DS game" comment is refuted.

Main series Pokémon game? No, they haven't. Who says they can't?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                                  Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links