• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Oblivion: Reality Collapsing (T) (OOC)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
2_zps6256de44.png
Rated T for Teen. Contains violence, coarse language, and romance.​
This is a universe of Pokemon alone. There are no such things as humans in this RP, nor were there ever any.​
>>>>> Co-GMed by Ray Maverick <<<<<​

plot_zps9f201a80.png

We are not alone in this universe, oh no. Far from it. In this Ethereality, this existence, are ten worlds, or Planes, on which we, Pokemon, can exist. These Planes of Ethereality are fragile, though. Too much conflict, or Strife, on a Plane can mean its demise. So what is there to ensure that the Planes themselves do not die? The answer is us: the Ethereon Protectorate. For thousands of generations, the Protectorate has guarded the Planes from total demise. When Strife arrives on a Plane, so do we; descending from the stars to defend the Plane from its own inhabitants, who, in their ceaseless conflicts and wars, unknowingly begin to rip their world apart. The threads of Ethereality are thin, and it is up to us to make sure they do not snap.

However, all is not well with the Planes. Only ten years ago, a mysterious outbreak of Strife had struck them, resulting in the demise of four Planes in recent years. The Ethereon Protectorate can no longer keep up with the sheer amount of conflict in the Planes. They are failing. Now, in the midst of all this chaos, six Protectors set out to restore peace to the Planes. But will they succeed? If they do not, all of Ethereality may well collapse.

you_zps3fc362f3.png

Welcome to the Ethereon Protectorate! You are a Protector of the Planes, one of the Ethereon Protectorate's elite members destined to protect our Ethereality from Strife. Whether you are a Keeper or a Watcher, you are essential to the survival of the Planes. You and five others have been sent on a mission to investigate mysterious activities in your homeland of Ultima. These happenings may have some connection to the Loyalists, an extremist group on the rise in Ultima. This mission is only the first of many, though, and where your missions will take you, you cannot begin to imagine. Good luck.

Here's the SU Template:
Spoiler:

planes_zps6d381420.png

Spoiler:

protectorate_zpse64abdcb.png

Spoiler:

rules_zpsf9965e7a.png

1. All PC Rules apply.
2. No bunnying other peoples' characters without permission.
3. No godmodding. Ever.
4. This is rated T for fantasy violence, moderate romance, and coarse language.
5. If you remain inactive without a valid reason, you will be kicked from the RP after one week.
6. Good grammar is required. If I am not satisfied with your writing skills, you will be booted from the RP.
7. I, Xilfer123, and Ray Maverick, the co-GM, make the choices around here. You all have a say in what goes on in the RP, but in the end, our decision is the final one.
8. Any mary-sue or gary-stu SUs will be declined. Try to get some originality in there!
9. SUs are not accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Even after four spots have been reserved, more people can reserve, and SUs will be accepted by quality. Basically, you're competing against each other for a slot.

characters_zps9aefd1e9.png

There are four slots for players in this RP aside from myself and Ray Maverick. However, any number of people may post sign-ups for the four spots, since you're all competing for one. (Read rule 9 if you haven't already)

Xilfer123's Alistair "Phoenix" Furie:
Spoiler:

Ray Maverick's Thrace V Vinyáya (Reserved)

CourageHound's Goroh Diluo

Typh, Reserved

DJYosh's Vern Daelic (Reserved)

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
:D!!! I'd like to reserve a spot!!

I think this will be the last RP i'll be joining for right now, but I can't not join this~

Years
  • Seen today
seems interesting, I'd like a spot... My SU will be up as soon as I can get it up.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Oi peeps, here comes a WIP o' my SU.

Name:
Thrace V Vinyáya
Species:
Flygon
Sex: Female
Class:
Techniques: Dragonbreath, Flamethrower, U-Turn, Dragon Claw, Giga Drain, Earth Power
Appearance:
Spoiler:

History:
Personality: Thrace is wild by heart, a shameless rogue by nature. Her fierce demeanor has gotten her into trouble frequently, while it has also helped her get out of it. She isn't the type of person who cares a lot or puts too much thought into things; rather, she is quite impatient and jumps into action when she senses it nearby. She's all about the thrills and gets her kicks out of danger, but when things don't go the way she wanted them to, she loses her temper and becomes vicious and relentless.

Other:
RP Sample: You've seen how I RP :D

CourageHound

Years
Lol the most trying time of making a Pokémon related SU....choosing what pokemon you want to be :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
Name: Vern Daelic
Sex: Male
Species: Butterfree
Class: Watcher
Moves: Bug Buzz, Acrobatics, Sleep Powder, Psybeam, Electroweb, Tailwind

Appearance: For the most part an ordinary Butterfree. However the two antennae on the top of his head are rather long for a butterfree. Vern also has himself a pair of protective green lens goggles for eye protection when he's working with electronics.

Personality: Vern is a tinkerer at heart and loves to analyze new things. However, he is rather timid and is not very confident about his own combat ability. He is slightly neurotic; it is uncommon to see Vern in a truly relaxed mood. However, when he is using his brain, whether it be for a puzzle or a brand new piece of machinery, his mind completely clears. He gains a certain clarity and confidence with himself when he is applying his craft.

History: Vern was always behind his fellow caterpies in terms of evolving growing up. When all of his fellow bug types turned into their cocoon stage Vern found himself still stuck being a simple little worm. Vern felt somewhat jealous of this and threw himself into his studies in order to compensate for his small size. His mind was like a sponge, absorbing tid bits of information as he went.

Vern's hard work payed off for him. At the ripe age of 14 he had graduated from being a neophite and was working to become a fully fledged watcher. Vern excelled in his courses; everything from the 10 Planes to Strategics and Philosophy. But his true passion was dealing with Ethreal energy and it's uses. He always had some kind of science project in the works. His space was cluttered with gadgets, gizmos tools and many other things of that nature. However, despite his progress in the mental area... physically he was still a caterpie. One of the saddest moments of this stage of his life was when he watched all of his friends migrate as freshly evolved winged insects while he sat alone still stuck as a measly worm.

However, it wasn't long after that when Vern finally transformed into a metapod at the age of 17. And while for the most part he was still stuck on the ground, it gave him the motivation he needed to power through his studies. He studied everything he needed to know with renewed vigor and determination. He was a bit of a shut in around this time. He was simply too busy cramming several years of study into such a short amount of time. But it was all worth it. Eventually he took the test to become a fully fledged Watcher and managed to pass with flying colors. Just a few moments after he seen his test results he finally evolved into a butterfree. It was probably the happiest moment he had in his relatively short life.

It has been a year since Vern became a watcher and he's had some mild success. People are often impressed with his impressive grasp of Ethreal tech and the planes, but despite his intelligence he lacks experience. In some circles there has even been talk of revoking his watcher status due to his youth and lack of experience and getting him to retake the exam after a few more years as a Neophyte but thankfully he hasn't been stripped of his rank as of yet.

Other:

RP Sample:

Vern had his nose in a book huddled up among his things. Tools lay scattered about the floor; generally the butterfree's living abode was a complete mess and today was no exception. He decided he wanted to study a bit more of the 10 planes and what caused them to disappear. Vern has just finished refreshing himself on the history of the different planes when a knocking came to his door.
"Who on earth could that be..?" Vern said to himself as he spread his wings and fluttered to the doorway. When he pulled open the door to his small home a young magby stood there with a somewhat nervous expression. He held a letter in his hand. There was an awkward moment of silence before Vern spoke.
"Can I assist you?" He said with a curious tone of voice.
"Oh! Right." The magby called, "I have a letter for you!" The magby thrust the enveloped piece of paper into Vern's hands before running off.

Vern peered through his doorway to see the final steps the magby took before exiting Vern's apartment. Vern shrugged before closing his door and inspecting the letter. It looked as if it came from the protectorate. With his sharp teeth he cut through the seal and opened up the letter to read it. It looked like the protectorate needed him. Vern quickly dropped the letter and dashed out of his doorway to the exit. He nearly bumped into the very same magby as he burst his way outside. He opened his wings and took off towards the protectorate headquarters.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
There we go, all done!

Name: Goroh Diluo
Sex: Male
Species: Swampert
Moves: Muddy Water, Superpower, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Waterfall, Ice Beam

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Goroh's appearance is more imposing and sturdy than other swampert. All of his features in somewhat fortress like in nature and stature. Sometimes his hulking figure can intimidate smaller pokemon, but those notions are set aside with one gaze into his inviting eyes. Goroh's neutral posture is often leaning forward, attributed to his habit of always observing and listening to everything around him. Always mindful of his appearance, Goroh always makes sure his skin is moist. Goroah always has a pair of work goggles specially made for him strapped to his forehead.

Personality: Goroh always tries to keep himself and others around him in the brightest of spirits. It's just his nature to often sway to the positive side of things, as he always stresses "Being upset is unhealthy for you.". A big talker as well, you can expect him to ramble on and on if you get him on the topic of machines and general idea of philosophy as there are always different ideas flowing through his head about near everything. As such it was a given Goroh would become a watcher, but some of his instructors questioned if his tank like physique would go to waste. This never worried the Mud Fish however. The Swampert was never known to doubt himself or show anything but unyielding confidence while always being calm and collected.

Where his strength and passion is being used however, is during his time heavy lifting, tinkering, and exploring new thoughts and ideas. He takes pride in the fact that his position is a part of a major driving force behind the Ethereon Protectorate. The water type's true desire is to do all he can to shield his home Ultima and all the Pokemon who live there from the poisonous veil of Strife. Goroh also cares deeply for his fellow comrades. A great deal of pain had been dealt to him as an effect of the war including the loss of his parents. On bad days Goroh usually takes long swims to clear his head and think things through. Truth is however, that his cheerful personality is often used to repress his deep hidden sadness.

History: Goroh was the only child of a small family within the heart of Ultima. Though somewhat goofy and mischievous as child, the young Mudkip showed natural talent in the form understanding different things and concepts surprisingly quickly for his age as well as being very inquisitive. As such, his Uncle; Darwin an Empoleon proposed to his parents to have Goroh selected to become part of the protectorate. Although worried for her son's safety at first his Mother also agreed to let the young Mudkip become an Initiate of the Ethereon Protectorate at the age of 6.

Goroh's perspective in his time spent with the initiates were that it was an amazing place of knowledge. His tutors would often be drenched in questions with each lesson he attended. All of the inquiries that were left unanswered were immediately and heartily researched. Higher order thinking, the Ethereon Code, problem solving were all things he excelled at. However the water type's weak point was actual combat. Goroh was in every sense of the notion, a capable fighter. However something he could not often do is bring himself to fighting. Even in the midst of sparing sessions with other initiates, Goroh found it difficult to fight among comrades and would often not fight back but would rather parry blows. It was rather vexing for his instructors on the account of Goroh never actually been defeated(rather the other pokemon would tired him/herself out while Goroh defends himself) and it was rather odd to see such a capable pokemon neglect such talents for battle.

Some of his instructors encouraged the young initiate to pursue his strengths while others criticized him about his reluctance to fight. Goroh couldn't dwell on this for long however, before The First Great Strife erupted its chaos onto Ultima. This time was the most confusing and troubling for him. Nearing the end of the first year of the war, his Parents were caught in a crossfire and were killed. Goroh survived but was mortified at the loss of his Parents. The Ethereon Protectorate then assigned his uncle Darwin(who was also a protector) to watch over him and care for him during the duration of the war.

Darwin was the reason Goroh was able to push back the grief over the loss of his parents. Over the remaining three years of the First Great strife, Darwin taught his nephew the rest of his lessons and training as an initiate. A few times the Empoleon had to fight off enemy pokemon while protecting Goroh. This inspired his nephew to be just like his uncle. Darwin while instructing Goroh, taught him of bravery, never giving up hope, and always be try to cheerful in spite of the darkness that surrounds them. His virtue was that without hope, not even the strongest pokemon could survive. The Empoleon became Goroh's entire inspiration.

After the war subsided, Goroh graduated to a Neophyte with flying colors. His new resolve was to do everything he could to defend his home of Ultima even if he had to fight, as fighting was inevitable at some point. He showed exemplary wisdom as well as fighting prowess. Despite his efforts however, some of new instructors still commented him to be too soft in terms of attacking other pokemon. Despite this he still graduated from his Neophyte training at age 26. The Swampert was satisfied to finally be able to become a watcher. The position suited him well(especially since his primary objective wasn't actually fighting) and his mastery of the position was very soon to come. After the events of the First Great Strife Darwin founded the Ultiman Guard. A task force that greatly assist keeping the peace within the plane of Ultima.

Goroh once becoming a Watcher, wasted no time in joining the Guard to protect his beloved home of Ultima. When the second Great Strife emerged, the Ultiman Guard was at the heart of the War to do whatever possible to end it. After the tragedy finally did end, Goroh continued living with his Uncle and serving within the Ultiman Guard as a brilliant mind as well as an engineer/mechanic. During free time, when he wasn't in his workplace working with machines and gadgetry, you either find him swimming or tucked somewhere reading a novel.

Other: Goroh can sometimes be a bit clumsy moving on land but his swimming ability is vastly superior and greatly unchallenged. This clumsiness can occasionally translate to his work such as misplacing a few documents or various nuts and bolts, or forgetting certain dates. However when something is truly important you can count on Goroh to get the job done. However to this day he still has trouble finding the willingness to fight unless absolutely necessary.

RP Sample:
From Wolf's Rain - Extinction
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Your SU is spot on, Courage. However, I must ask that you include an RP Sample, since it is necessary. Also, I would also suggest a tiny bit of revision to check for grammatical errors. Other than that, the content is excellent.

As for everyone else, I have decided to set a time for when the SUs should be completed. All SUs, from both reserved members and members who wish to join, should be completed by next Saturday. (That means you too, Ray)

CourageHound

Years
Gotchya.

Added RP sample and I believe I weeded the dramatically errors.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
I just finished up my SU as well. I didn't know what to put in my RP sample so I just did something that probably won't be canon as far as Pokemon Oblivion is concerned.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
@CourageHound: Looks excellent, Courage. This'll probably get accepted by Saturday.

@DJYosh: Your RP Sample can be anything you want, actually. You can write about anything you wish, as long as it is written well. The idea is the RP Sample is to give me an idea of how you write your posts.

Years
  • Seen today
Got my SU done

Name: Titanis Colossus
Sex: male
Species: Metagross
Moves: Psychic, metal claw, confusion, reflect...

Appearance:
1421390.png

like a standard metagross, except he is a shiny. his skin is iron grey and the X on his face, and the claws on his feet are gold colored like polished Topaz. he weighs about 2 tons, and is slightly larger than the standard metegross. He has an unknown mark on the top of his head that he has had from since he was a beldum.

the mark on his head is in an abnormal shape... the shape of a crevice. the mark glows a teal blue. Titanis's eyes are an iron grey with a firey looking rim around the pupil. the rest of his eye around the Iris and Pupil are the standard black.

Personality:

Most pokemon try to steer clear of this watcher, many often call him crazy because of his love of science. he is always working on some sort of scientific experiment, having to deal with the other dimensions. he is however having the mind of a supercomputer capable of laying out a variety of strategies and figuring out which would be the best for the circumstance.

he want's to help others, that's why he has his hobby of sciences and experiments. He enjoys helping and protecting others, he helps whoever he can. many see him as not a threat but just out of the ordinary. most of the time he is calm and collected, there are however many times where he has released a wondrous amount of fury. he is mostly quiet but when it comes to the defence of friends, family or a complete stranger he is always the first to respond. this often makes him slightly reckless and naive because of his willingness to stick his neck out for others.

History: (Your character's past, all the way up to the present. 3 Paragraphs minimum)

Titanis was born to a proud family of Metagross in Holio. His family were not exactly members of the 'Hood or the Traducians, they were members of the Traducian Brotherhood however, when it was formed, Titanis' family was a family of fearsome warriors, who fought to improve the lives of their combined tribe, and protect them from threats. he was born a normal looking Belldum, during the time of prosperity among the Brotherhood. His family were considered nobles in many respects, their fearsome reputation for being outstanding warriors and strategists, as well as their kindness towards others. his family, the Colossus family were strong, intelligent and were known for their developments in science and technology, which was used to improve their ways of life. then came the time of Strife, when the members of the Brotherhood started fighting itself, during this time Titanis developed a strange mark on the top of his head, the mark caused his family to be curious.

at a strange point in time, as he was evolving into a Metang his coloring changed, to being the colors of a shiny. The only color that remained the same was the color of his mark, which now stood out like a Matang painted white among a group of standard Matang. That is when Titanis and his family went into research as to what the mark on him means. Titanis' family went into hiding, as they had a tendency to lean more towards the side of the Traducians.

During an experiment, at their hiding place an accident happened, causing him to travel to another plane, when he awoke he found himself in a sort of recovery room of the Ethereon Protectorate. his recovery took about a week, then in that time he had learned that his home plane was destroyed by Strife, completely devastated. angered, hurt, and confused he left for a while, a month actually, during that time he mourned the loss of his family, he felt that he could no longer feel happiness, his sorrow was terrible, for another pokemon it would be unbearable. he watched the skies, and well everything move on. and he learned something valuable. he was brought to the Protectorate for a reason... to save him from death... that he might live to save others.

With renewed determination and revelation in his eyes Titanis marched back to the Protectorate and Signed up to become part of it. after the basic training he decided to become a watcher, the area where he could serve the best. He worked hard but it was worth it. although when his original home is ever mentioned he does get quite upset (to the point of smashing something at times). Titanis wants to help others avoid the fate of his home... and that's the reason he joined the protectorate

Other: (Anything else you didn't get the chance to squeeze in?): nothing else

RP Sample: (This is very important! It is necessary, and if I don't like your RP Sample, I may decline the SU altogether)

Titanis' eyes opened as the Metagross woke from his slumber, he was at his workbench, a new device in front of him, the device looked like a gauntlet... then he remembered what it was for, it was a new gauntlet for Alistair, although the Metagross doubted that the Blaziken would want such a gift, particularly one like a gauntlet. Oh, well, Titanis thought it cannot be helped he wants to make some breakthroughs soon on this project of his or he might as well rethink his life.

The Metagross used his psychic abilities to lift the gauntlet for him to examine and to figure out what else he needs to do to the device. he knows that he should not be having other members of the Protectorate test his prototype devices, however all of his experiments have been benign, to the other members so most people ignore it. Titanis observed the crystal he had placed in there, the crystal was from a meteorite that Titanis had found a while back that came from another plane... and he wanted to know what it does so he made his prototype

After Titanis made sure everything was in place, secure and together. he took the prototype, "OK now to find Alistair and ask him to help me test this." With that the Metagross stood, with the prototype on the top of his head and walked out of the door to find Alistair. Titanis made sure to close and lock the door to his workshop so that people wouldn't see what he was working on in there. he walked down the hall looking for Alistair, his eagerness to test this experiment was building with each step he took. If he didn't find Alistair soon he thought he would explode with excitement.

please let me know if there is anything I need to add or change to make the SU better...

[SU IS CURRENTLY BEING REVISED]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
I kind of feel like your character completely trounces my character in every conceivable way.

One of the biggest features of Vern is that he was so young and became a watcher, but you're a year younger and a watcher yourself which kind of disables the point of much of my history. Another important element is that Vern is not very physically imposing, but your character weighs over two tonnes and has a very powerful move set. Your character is already a brilliant inventor and has a reputation for creating a way to travel between planes, and he doesn't seem to suffer under any of the disadvantages of being young and inexperienced. Vern is clever and everything but he has yet to create an invention brilliant enough to earn him a large reputation and that's specifically because of his youth and inexperience. Your character is perfect in nearly every way but he doesn't have any weaknesses beyond "I'm upset that my home was destroyed that one time."

Vern was studying to become a Watcher since an early age, the main drive being for him to compensate for the fact he was always under evolved. Your character began training for the protectorate just a couple years before but he's already a fully fledged watcher who is also fully evolved despite his youth. Vern is inexperienced and not very confident about himself due to the inferiority conflict caused by his slow growth growing up. Your character is a brilliant inventor with a major reputation for developing teleportation technology without any of the downsides of joining such a prestigious role at such a young age. Part of Vern's character is that he feels pressure for being in such a role so young, and he also feels like he is the victim of scutiny a lot from higher ranking watchers. Does your character experience any of that?

I think that you either need to make your character older to make him seem like a bit less of a Mary Sue and have it make sense for him to already be an inventor with such a large reputation. Or you need to add a few more negative traits besides being sad about loosing his home because he doesn't seem very balanced compared to the other watchers already introduced. Depression and Anger issues do not translate very well into character weaknesses because they can easily be activated or deactivated for plot convenience.

I'm sorry if I come across as too critical, but I sort of feel like a character like yours kind of tips the scale in their favor in too many ways to make for a healthy RP. But of course I'm not the one in charge of accepting SUs, Xilfer is. But I just thought I'd leave some suggestions and explain why I believe it's beneficial.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
First, I'd like to point out that Watchers are not actually too skilled at combat, as they receive other kind of training. They may have some battling skills, of course, as all Pokemon have, but still. A Metagross of 18 years cannot possibly have such moves in his moveset. And, while I understand that he's a Metagross and therefore a skilled inventor/technician/scientist, I can't agree with the idea of what you call Blink. If he indeed had invented something like that, he'd be revered in Ultima. Titanis would overshadow the rest of us.

I agree with all of DJYosh's points, although his place wasn't to criticize; his suggestions make sense. Typh, your character is OP. Such character might fall apart if you can't live up to the things you claim him to be in his SU. You might want to create realistic characters, possibly inspired by another ones you have seen on a movie/read on a book, again though with no excessive achievements and with a problem that might be driving them forward.

As for DJYosh: it'd be good to develop upon Vern's personality a little bit more. Give us a deeper insight of what kind of person he is.

And here's my own SU:

Name: Thrace V Vinyáya
Species:
Flygon
Sex: Female
Class: Keeper
Techniques: Dragonbreath, Flamethrower, U-Turn, Dragon Claw, Giga Drain, Earth Power
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Thrace is wild by heart, a shameless rogue by nature. Her fierce demeanor has gotten her into trouble frequently, while it has also helped her get out of it. She isn't the type of person who cares a lot or puts too much thought into things; rather, she is quite impatient and jumps into action when she senses it nearby. She's all about the thrills and gets her kicks out of danger, but when things don't go the way she wanted them to, she loses her temper and becomes vicious and relentless. She's not one for diplomacy, so she always seeks to resolve conflict the best way she knows: by using violence.

Thrace is often sarcastic and appears to be a cynical person, though in truth, she is optimistic and overconfident. While ferocious, she has a more mild and compassionate side. She cares for her friends, though she avoids showing it, as if it's a weakness of her.

History: Thrace never knew her parents. She didn't know what parents were till she was much older. She was raised along with other Trapinch in a massive underground network of pits, the world of the ground type Pokemon underneath Ultima's surface. She didn't know or care if the other Trapinch were her family; she only worked with them, forever digging with no other purpose than to find food. That life did not appeal to her, and from the moment she saw a Flygon in flight, she knew she wanted to have wings and fly sky high. The promise of adventure brought her to the surface of Ultima, where she set out in the jungle on a quest of evolving and learning, feeling an immense urge to escape the meaningless life she led as a Trapinch. She wanted to widen her horizons, to live free and soar the skies.

So, Thrace travelled from a young age, when she was a soft, kind and cute adolescent, unaware of the dangers of the world as there was no one to warn her. Instead, a personal promise of her drove her forward: she had to be stronger than the strongest to survive out in the wild, and she hoped others who would help and talk kindly to her were immediately her friends. She was trusting of stranger Pokemon and quick to tag along with them and make friends as she moved about, exploring the jungle she had ended up to. Twelve years she spent exploring all of it while practicing hunting by setting up traps for her prey, when she came upon a massive cliff, a mountain wall which you couldn't look over. A desire to look what was above and beyond it overtook her, but she could not seem to be able to dig her way through. She had to fly, she figured out. She realized it was time to evolve to a Vibrava. The desert was what she found beyond that massive cliff, when she flew; there, she met a Mandibuzz that spoke to her of the Ethereon Protectorate. She was fascinated of what he was talking about, even though she couldn't comprehend with half of it. If there were more worlds to explore, she would gladly jump into it even though she didn't even know all of Ultima just yet.

When she mentioned she wanted to join the Protectorate to the Mandibuzz, he introduced her to a Keeper of the Protectorate, who promised to take her there. On their way through the desert, the two Mandibuzz turned against her and attacked her; it turned out the other Mandibuzz was no Keeper. They only wanted to lure her out of the desert. When she was openly confronted, she knew it was a battle for her life. Her desire to live fueled her and she fought them back with such ferocity that the Mandibuzz flew away, afraid for their lives. The bitterness she had felt made her reconsider the way she viewed the world and its people. From then on, she decided she was alone in this world, and that no one who seemed the least bit friendly was her indeed her friend. She disregarded as the Ethereon Protectorate as a lie the Mandibuzz had made to lure her further into the desert. So, in the desert she lived as a rogue, deceiving and attacking every Pokemon that lived on the land to release a silent fury on them. She dwelt on the promise of adventure in a fake dream, where the Protectorate truly existed.

When she came upon a big city somewhere in the desert, though, she learned that the Protectorate was indeed true. Though, she also learned that Ultima was warring at that time; the First Great Strife of Ultima was upon their Plane. The city she was into, though, was not taking an active role in the war, so she was still able to join the Protectorate as an Initiate. Her personality of the past and now were kind of fusing together. She was a bitter, sarcastic and uninviting person on the outside, but those she had confirmed they were truly her friends, she loved. The other initiates in the training program soon begun to be some sort of family for her; she had already forgotten the other Trapinch in the pit, and when she saw other Pokemon with their parents, she laughed at them for being so dependent on other Pokemon. The fact that she was so independent and knew how to survive in the wild was recognized by her tutors at once.

Thrace's fighting style as a Vibrava was peculiar, yet effective. Her philosophy in battle was take what you can get, without giving. In that sense, surprising her foe by using stealth or by raining down a flurry of swift attacks would grant her a quick victory. She wanted victory so bad, she became relentless when facing one in combat. She became one of the best fighters, as her desire to become stronger and stronger was thriving yet bigger, but on the studies of the world and the higher learning, she was oblivious. During class, she would constantly look down, drifting off. The point was, she was not used to this kind of... living. Thrace still did her best at the Initiate's Trials, and she graduated to be a Neophyte. She didn't care much for keeping the peace in her missions; rather, she liked exploring and the thrill of adventure the time she was setting out with a team gave her. Due to her brash and defiant nature, in her early years as a Neophyte, she wasn't too good and she was often frowned down upon because of her rash decisions and the way she handled things.

When she was 22 years old, a crucial mission of her career brought her into the underground, where she searched for her family, merely out of curiosity. The Trapinch were nowhere to be found, nor the Flygon she had seen flying in the cavern. From the natives, though, she learned that she was the fifth of her name in a family of Flygons, the Viny
áyas. These natives were calling her Thrace V. It was then when she realized that she did not remember who gave her her name, Thrace. She vowed to find out, one day. When she returned to the Protectorate HQ, she was promoted; she chose to be a Keeper, as that would obviously be fitting her best. That was when the Second Great Strife of Ultima happened, when she also evolved into a Flygon and soar the skies. Her whole person changed after that. She became more dedicated in her missions as a Keeper and maintained a more collected attitude around problems, though she was still unruly and craved for action rather than caution. After the Great Strifes, after witnessing the demise and death of hundreds, her heart softened a bit and she showed to be a bit more compassionate with those in need, though she was still focused around her own survival.

Last edited:
Back