ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old June 8th, 2013 (6:52 PM).
Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
    Nononononoo.... What I meant was those two in a single event.

When there are 5 or less Pokemon in the Party, it will ignore those and give the Player a Pokemon in Storage Box 1, thus perfectly ignoring the Player's Party count and gives the Player a Pokemon in the PC no matter how many Pokemon he has in his Party.

EDIT: Reworded for more "sense".
    You simply have to store the variable in address of "current party count" somewhere else in ram, change the value in "current party count" to 06 (or whatever the format is, 06 00 ??), give the pokemon, and load the variable (= "real party count") back to the address where "current party count" is located.

I don't know how well the ram structure is commented about FR, but at least somebody should know where the party pokemon data (and especially, party count) is stored.
    If for some odd reason nobody knows, debugging process would be a good way to go for it (which won't be that easy though).

Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
    CP of encountered pokemon in GO

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
    -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 8th, 2013 (8:18 PM).
    Heiki Hecchara‌‌
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    Nononononoo.... What I meant was those two in a single event.

When there are 5 or less Pokemon in the Party, it will ignore those and give the Player a Pokemon in Storage Box 1, thus perfectly ignoring the Player's Party count and gives the Player a Pokemon in the PC no matter how many Pokemon he has in his Party.

EDIT: Reworded for more "sense".
    As far as I know there is no way to simple way to deposit a Pokemon directly into the PC so you will have to be creative to get this effect. I was able to achieve this by continuously giving the player a Pokemon until their party is full, give them the desired Pokemon and then remove the extra 'party filler' Pokemon using HackMew's takepokemon routine.

This is what I came up with:

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start // Counting the number of party members and assigning the value to 2 variables
    countpokemon
    copyvar 0x8004 0x800D
    copyvar 0x8005 0x8004
    goto @Loop1

#org @Loop1 // This segment will keep looping until the player's party is full and then adds one more Pokemon (which will be transferred to the PC)
    givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
    addvar 0x8005 0x1
    compare 0x8005 0x7
    if 0x1 goto @Continue
    goto @Loop1

#org @Continue // Setting up for the next loop or skipping it entirely if you initially had six Pokemon in your party
    copyvar 0x8005 0x8004
    setvar 0x8005 0x6
    comparevars 0x8005 0x8004
    if 0x1 goto @Finish
    goto @Loop2

#org @Loop2 // This is subtracting a number based on your starting party size to be compared in the next loop
    subvar 0x8005 0x1
    if 0x0 goto @8004Set
    goto @Loop2

#org @8004Set // Setting 0x8004 to be used in the next loop
    setvar 0x8004 0x5
    goto @Loop3

#org @Loop3 // This loop takes away all of the extra Pokemon given to the player
    callasm 0x810001 // This is where I inserted HackMew's routine in my ROM
    subvar 0x8004 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @Finish
    goto @Loop3

#org @Finish
    msgbox @Goodbye 0x2
    release
    end

#org @Goodbye
    = I hope you like your Pikachu!\nIt is in your PC!
    It doesn't work correctly if you don't have any Pokemon in your party, but it does put a single Pokemon in your PC in all other cases. I tried to condense it as much as I could (otherwise it would be pretty huge) so sorry for all the loops if they get a bit confusing :P
    Old June 8th, 2013 (8:30 PM).

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
      As far as I know there is no way to simple way to deposit a Pokemon directly into the PC so you will have to be creative to get this effect. I was able to achieve this by continuously giving the player a Pokemon until their party is full, give them the desired Pokemon and then remove the extra 'party filler' Pokemon using HackMew's takepokemon routine.

This is what I came up with:

Code:
      #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start // Counting the number of party members and assigning the value to 2 variables
      countpokemon
      copyvar 0x8004 0x800D
      copyvar 0x8005 0x8004
      goto @Loop1

#org @Loop1 // This segment will keep looping until the player's party is full and then adds one more Pokemon (which will be transferred to the PC)
      givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
      addvar 0x8005 0x1
      compare 0x8005 0x7
      if 0x1 goto @Continue
      goto @Loop1

#org @Continue // Setting up for the next loop or skipping it entirely if you initially had six Pokemon in your party
      copyvar 0x8005 0x8004
      setvar 0x8005 0x6
      if 0x1 goto @Finish
      goto @Loop2

#org @Loop2 // This is subtracting a number based on your starting party size to be compared in the next loop
      subvar 0x8005 0x1
      if 0x0 goto @8004Set
      goto @Loop2

#org @8004Set // Setting 0x8004 to be used in the next loop
      setvar 0x8004 0x5
      goto @Loop3

#org @Loop3 // This loop takes away all of the extra Pokemon given to the player
      callasm 0x810001 // This is where I inserted HackMew's routine in my ROM
      subvar 0x8004 0x1
      if 0x1 goto @Finish
      goto @Loop3

#org @Finish
      msgbox @Goodbye 0x2
      release
      end

#org @Goodbye
      = I hope you like your Pikachu!\nIt is in your PC!
      It doesn't work correctly if you don't have any Pokemon in your party, but it does put a single Pokemon in your PC in all other cases. I tried to condense it as much as I could (otherwise it would be pretty huge) so sorry for all the loops if they get a bit confusing
      Thanks for that!

So if I understand right, when a Pokemon is given to the Player with 6 Pokemon in his/her party, it will automatically get transferred to the PC?

I didn't knew that! All the time I was playing Pokemon games and when someone would give you Pokemon, they'd ask you to empty a slot first. Thanks again!

Old June 8th, 2013 (9:00 PM).
      Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
        Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
        I think the problem may be that jigglypuff's theme is a fanfare. I will change the bytes that define it as a fanfare to a normal song...

And Kearnseyboy6
        to solve your problem, after you assemble your song theres a popup. Click yes and it fixes the length issue.
        True, "You failed it again" must be a fanfare too which is why mine failed it as well.

If you want to add more, I have read a tut by LAZ which expands song tables but I have no need for it yet.

Your tuts awesome btw!
        Old June 8th, 2013 (10:44 PM).
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
        Quote:
        Hey guys! One question!

Can I give the player a Pokemon in these conditions?

-Player's Party contains only 5 or less Pokemon
        -I give him a Pokemon in the PC Storage Box without him knowing
        In PKSV, there is a giveitemtopc command. XSE likely has it too. You could copy and rewrite it a bit into a 'givepokemontopc' command. Then it would always be accessible through a script editor.
        Old June 8th, 2013 (10:48 PM).
        The Booze Cruise

Quick question!

Can i change what the badges look like? Will I be able to find/change their sprites in unLZ?
          Old June 8th, 2013 (10:58 PM).
          • Crystal Tier

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
          Quick question!

Can i change what the badges look like? Will I be able to find/change their sprites in unLZ?
          Of course, you can check it in an UnLZ index. If you tell me your codebase, I could look it up for you.

FR: 149
          EM: 2525
          RS: I couldn't fit it yet.
          Old June 8th, 2013 (11:52 PM).
          Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
            I have three questions.

1. It is possible to add extra Town Map to Pokemon Ruby? I want add Johto Region to them. (DO NOT GIVE ANSWER LEARN ASM - This is the worst answer) Where is routine to displaying maps.

2. How to set and Johto Wild Battle *Which i repleced with Test theme of Littleroot town* To playing in Johto Areas?

3. It is possible to resize amout of abled SPRITES in Pokemon Ruby? I want add all Johto Leaders without only 6 of them.

I need Explain and number of thouse routines. And as I said. I do not need answers like "LEARN ASM" It is not simple as you think.
            Old June 9th, 2013 (12:36 AM).
            The Booze Cruise

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DeltaSalamence View Post
              Of course, you can check it in an UnLZ index. If you tell me your codebase, I could look it up for you.

FR: 149
              EM: 2525
              RS: I couldn't fit it yet.
              Thanks Delta! I'm using FireRed, I don't know why it didn't occur to me to search UnLZ index.

Also, I replaced the sprites for a Pokemon using the Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor, and checked (using showpokepic, as well as givepokemon) that the sprite was showing properly in-game.
              Then I edited him using YAPE, and when I saved my changes things went haywire. Showpokepic only reveals a black box where his sprite was, and in Advanced Sprite Editor it now tells me "data is not LZ77 compressed!". Any idea what happened?

As always, thanks a MILLION for your help guys. Each time I think i'm getting the hang of this, I hit another wall.
              Old June 9th, 2013 (12:52 AM). Edited June 9th, 2013 by Akiba.
              • Crystal Tier

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
              I have three questions.

1. It is possible to add extra Town Map to Pokemon Ruby? I want add Johto Region to them. (DO NOT GIVE ANSWER LEARN ASM - This is the worst answer) Where is routine to displaying maps.

2. How to set and Johto Wild Battle *Which i repleced with Test theme of Littleroot town* To playing in Johto Areas?

3. It is possible to resize amout of abled SPRITES in Pokemon Ruby? I want add all Johto Leaders without only 6 of them.

I need Explain and number of thouse routines. And as I said. I do not need answers like "LEARN ASM" It is not simple as you think.
              I could help you, but I don't quite understand what you mean.

1.Town Map? As in a World Map, right? If you don't want to learn ASM, then you could copy and repoint the world map data, then set the script (called from the behavior byte) to display different world maps. It would require a lot of repointing and hex editing, though.

2. I'm not quite sure what this means, but I'll guess at it. To change the music, just compile a Johto sequence into the ROM. Then change the battle music per map in Advance Map.

3. Changing the amount of allowed sprites? Just ignore the last two and never call them.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
              Thanks Delta! I'm using FireRed, I don't know why it didn't occur to me to search UnLZ index.

Also, I replaced the sprites for a Pokemon using the Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor, and checked (using showpokepic, as well as givepokemon) that the sprite was showing properly in-game.
              Then I edited him using YAPE, and when I saved my changes things went haywire. Showpokepic only reveals a black box where his sprite was, and in Advanced Sprite Editor it now tells me "data is not LZ77 compressed!". Any idea what happened?

As always, thanks a MILLION for your help guys. Each time I think i'm getting the hang of this, I hit another wall.
              Maybe you saved separate instances of the ROM?

Some hacking tools are programmed to load a copy of a ROM into memory, edit that, and save it when done. If you are using two separate programs, unless both write directly to the ROM, you'd have to finish one task and start another.
              Old June 9th, 2013 (1:03 AM).
              Rejishan awake...

You do not understand me with JOHTO WILD BATTLE THEME. I think about set a WILD POKEMON JOHTO BATTLE THEME when you are in one of Johto Areas.
                Old June 9th, 2013 (1:07 AM).
                The Booze Cruise

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DeltaSalamence View Post
                  Maybe you saved separate instances of the ROM?

Some hacking tools are programmed to load a copy of a ROM into memory, edit that, and save it when done. If you are using two separate programs, unless both write directly to the ROM, you'd have to finish one task and start another.
                  Hmmmm, sounds like a good guess, but unfortunately YAPE was the only program I had open at the time, so that couldn't be it. Hopefully somebody familiar with the LZ77 error will see this soon.
                  I've attached a photo of the error i'm getting.
                  Thanks for your time again, Delta.
                  Attached Images
                  File Type: png Errors.png‎ (49.2 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                  Old June 9th, 2013 (1:26 AM). Edited June 9th, 2013 by Jambo51.
                  Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
                    Quote:
                    I have three questions.

There are only 2 answers to your first and second questions.

1. Learn ASM and figure out how to do the effect for yourself or
                    2. Get a willing ASM hacker to help you out.

Both of the first 2 things you want here require ASM (as in, it's not achievable through any other means). It's not my job, nor anyone else's, to do research for your hack on your behalf.

If you don't like this, then tough. Welcome to the real world. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but simply refusing to learn ASM and reiterating your demand for information that likely nobody has (Ruby isn't widely hacked, and almost no ASM hackers hack on Ruby) isn't going to get you anywhere.

Secondly, take it from me, learning to ASM hack is an archetypal example of people turning a molehill into a mountain. It's actually pretty simple to ASM hack at the level of stuff you're doing. Rather than simply telling us it's hard, why not take the word of every ASM hacker I know when they say "it's not as hard as it's made out to be".

As to your third question, that can be achieved by combining some pseudo-ASM (that is to say, limiters research) and a simple table repoint. I don't know where the table is in Ruby, although it's easy enough to find by looking for the pointer to the first trainer sprite in the game (the offset for which can be found by looking at it in unLz.)
                    Old June 9th, 2013 (2:55 AM).
                    Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                      As to your third question, that can be achieved by combining some pseudo-ASM (that is to say, limiters research) and a simple table repoint. I don't know where the table is in Ruby, although it's easy enough to find by looking for the pointer to the first trainer sprite in the game (the offset for which can be found by looking at it in unLz.)
                      Hi, regarding this limiters research, are there any tutorials around here that dive into this topic? It would be cool to know how Hackmew and you guys actually finds limiter bytes as they are quite hidden!
                      Old June 9th, 2013 (3:00 AM).
                      Rejishan awake...

Can you explain me what Exacly Should I do to repoint them?
                        Old June 9th, 2013 (3:09 AM).

Nature: Timid
                          I have a quick question, could someone tell me in detail how I would go about changing the default name selection for my rival in Fire Red?
                          Old June 9th, 2013 (3:17 AM).
                          Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Puffle754 View Post
                            I have a quick question, could someone tell me in detail how I would go about changing the default name selection for my rival in Fire Red?
                            Download A-text, then search for the default names the search section, "GARY, GREEN... etc" in the order. Add the text then edit it.
                            Old June 9th, 2013 (3:17 AM).
                            • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                            Why should he, there are plenty of tutorials that document how to repoint tables.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                            Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                            Old June 9th, 2013 (3:20 AM).
                            Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
                              Read the tutorials Advanced Overworld Sprites 2 by karatekid552, this exactly explains how they repointed the table and all frames.
                              Old June 9th, 2013 (3:23 AM).
                              Rejishan awake...

But I do not need OVERWORLD sprite changing. But Add extra TRAINER SPRITES in battle scene.
                                Old June 9th, 2013 (3:28 AM).

Nature: Timid
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
                                  Download A-text, then search for the default names the search section, "GARY, GREEN... etc" in the order. Add the text then edit it.
                                  Thanks for the quick reply!

Phew, I'm glad to hear it's that easy. I was worried that it was going to be something super complex.
                                  Old June 9th, 2013 (3:28 AM).
                                  Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Quote:
                                    But I do not need OVERWORLD sprite changing. But Add extra TRAINER SPRITES in battle scene.
                                    Why not just edit the used ones? If your hacking Ruby then change the 50 or so unused FR ones.
                                    Old June 9th, 2013 (3:38 AM). Edited June 9th, 2013 by karatekid552.
                                    What happens if I push it?....

Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Quote:
                                      Oh my god. Dude. Grow up. Repointing things is the same everywhere. If you know how to repoint one thing, you can repoint others.

And listen to Jambo. He took the time to answer your question very thouroughly. ASM is not as hard as it seems. Most ASM is extrememly simple. Believe it or not, I have only been hacking since mid-October. I started learning and really using ASM in Februrary. By March I wrote my OW editing tut and by April I had finished writing the ASM for the Battle BG tut. It isn't that hard, nor does it take that long to learn. In just takes dedication.

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
                                      Why not just edit the used ones? If your hacking Ruby then change the 50 or so unused FR ones.
                                      Lol, you have this backwards. FR has 50 unused ones from Ruby, not the other way around.:p

Paired with Simba
                                      Old June 9th, 2013 (3:41 AM).
                                      Rejishan awake...

But I do in my hack HOENN and JOHTO. I need 2 extra places for Sprites to make PRYCE and CLAIR.
                                        Old June 9th, 2013 (3:49 AM).
                                        I am legend

Anyway I have a quick question, yes.

I was really curious about this a few days back:
                                          Expanding the ROM.

See, the thing is, the last offset available is 0xFFFFFF. This takes six digits, so adding 08 makes eight digits (four bytes), which is the standard pointer size. Like so:

Code:
                                          FF FF FF 08
                                          That's pointing towards 0x08FFFFFF or just 0xFFFFFF, right?

Now I expand the ROM. I make it 32 MB. So, what happens is that new offsets like 0x1000000 emerge. These have SEVEN or EIGHT digits. But adding 08 makes a ten. And that doesn't fit into a pointer, or does it? I don't know, that's why I put it up here.

Quick Reply