• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

That was pretty good, not quite to the standard of the aforementioned though. Has a beautiful ending instrumental by the same guy that did the music for Naruto and Mushishi.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I just watch whatever I want. Whatever people think the "good" ones are of their opinion.
GAAAAAAAAAAH! I hate it when people say this! Pointing out that people have opinions in a subjective world...well, the fact that there is no objective "good" or "great", and conversely there is no "bad" or "terrible", should be common knowledge. Problem is that SO many people present their opinions as fact (or they present them in a very cynical "as a matter of fact way") that the phrase is actually valid.

You should not have to tell people that their opinions are just opinions and that other opinions are solely opinions as well...but it seems to be a concept that many people can't grasp :/

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years

My opinion, just watch whatever appeals to you and whatever looks good, enough said.

Currently re-watching CardCaptor Sakura after many many years, such a great classic~ <3
Will be watching either Shugo Chara, Guilty Crown or Tsubasa Chronicle afterwards~

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Interestingly enough, a lot of people watch things simply for the sake of watching them, even if they think they're bad. That's why bad things get sequels...or rather, what most people agree is bad get sequels (Not referring to anime specifically, this is pretty general). But whatever, because as long as there is crap, the good stuff will only get better. That's just how it works. You can either have rubies among rubies or a diamond in the rough. So I guess...in a sense...you'll be getting a shot, but you're still gonna get your lollipop afterwards if you act right, and if you don't, all you'll be left with is a bandage over the puncture...if all that makes sense.

Though I never did watch Cardcaptor Sakura. When I had just found out what manga was, I started getting the books for it from the library (along with the Rayearth manga) when I was younger since, before that, I used to love Cardcaptors. Heck, I even have a book that contains the Clow Cards.

Last edited:
Years

GAAAAAAAAAAH! I hate it when people say this! Pointing out that people have opinions in a subjective world...well, the fact that there is no objective "good" or "great", and conversely there is no "bad" or "terrible", should be common knowledge. Problem is that SO many people present their opinions as fact (or they present them in a very cynical "as a matter of fact way") that the phrase is actually valid.

You should not have to tell people that their opinions are just opinions and that other opinions are solely opinions as well...but it seems to be a concept that many people can't grasp :/

I'm sorry if you feel that way. After going through a horrible phase of people just coming in week after week to lambaste, nitpick, and just overall troll to hate on a series that I love make me adopt this view.

I tried to argue about the good points of a series and had to go on a freaking trench war with no middle ground to the worst way humanity could express what they think is "bad" or "good" that I just developed this idea that it's no use using heuristics developed by flawed humans.

Seriously, trying to have a rational conversation with people who have developed an idea of whether a series is truly "good" or "bad" is an exercise in futility and circular arguments. Why bother talking about something when you guys can't bridge your opinions and come to a respectful middle ground?

So yeah, it's the internet where the basest instincts of people come out to bite you and tear what you believe is really good and spit it in your face.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Pandora Hearts' soundtrack is better than the anime series itself. :V I mean, it was enjoyable, but the ending seriously lacked. The manga is way better (I still need to continue that one). But yeah, just saying what I think. 8D; Kaijura Yuki's work is always good. She also did the SAO OST. PH's and SAO's OSTs shound a bit alike, I figured it sounded familiar before I read on MAL that it was Kaijura's work.

Little me is still watching Uta no Prince-sama and took up Chihayafuru 2 again. There's enough episodes to keep me entertained now for a bit again. I stumbled on this one tumblr blog that has piano versions of some of the UtaPri's songs as BG music. They're pretty.

http://berselium.tumblr.com/post/51849406325 It's on autoplay, so yeah...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

My watching list is pretty under control atm, will probably start something that isn't airing now later on. I wish I could get into marathoning Yawara but I can't atm.

esFDOR3.png

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

It's all gravy.

Pistachios are good, probably my favourite kind of nuts. Although Cashews are pretty bloody good as well.

Could the regulars in here go and post on this pls? I'm curious.

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Have some Shakespeare

"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?"

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm sorry if you feel that way. After going through a horrible phase of people just coming in week after week to lambaste, nitpick, and just overall troll to hate on a series that I love make me adopt this view.

I tried to argue about the good points of a series and had to go on a freaking trench war with no middle ground to the worst way humanity could express what they think is "bad" or "good" that I just developed this idea that it's no use using heuristics developed by flawed humans.

Seriously, trying to have a rational conversation with people who have developed an idea of whether a series is truly "good" or "bad" is an exercise in futility and circular arguments. Why bother talking about something when you guys can't bridge your opinions and come to a respectful middle ground?

So yeah, it's the internet where the basest instincts of people come out to bite you and tear what you believe is really good and spit it in your face.

I know how it is. This sort of thing used to have an adverse effect on me. Then I went on GBAtemp for a year (where that adverse effect was at its worst). Prepped me real good for that sort of thing, so much so that I'm less bothered by the factual types (though I still stay away from comments on Youtube and IGN and the like).

I mean, our world is subjective, there is no objective moral right or wrong or an objective good or bad, it all comes down to...well...the subject. The thing is, there are so many closed-minded people that arguments do, as you said, become circular and rarely end on a good note. Conflicting opinions hardly ever come to a consensus, which is...unsatisfactory to me. It seems as if arguments based on opinion, more often then not, are a struggle to change the other person's opinion, if not to defend one's own. It may not start out that way, but they pretty much always become that way, whether it's intentional or not.

The problem is, people aren't quick to give up on their opinions, and they'll be damned before they let someone have their own. They want to be right, so they'll never concede to any sort of middle ground, no matter how convincing the argument. To them, their opinion is fact...and technically speaking, it is (since the subject's opinion would be objective to themselves), but they wouldn't dare accept someone else's opinion even be viable.

...So, in short, people are close minded and the internet is even more aggressive about that close-mindedness. I definitely agree with you.

@Twilight-kun - Christianity refutes that last one. Jesus argues cheeks.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I hope I'm not one of those people that made Netto want to destroy all of humanity.

If he shoots up his school because I hated on Sword Art Online I'll feel pretty bad for a while.

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Just make sure you don't kill yourself Netto

all those school shooters who do kill themselves are idiots

anywho, the 8.5 Synthesia instrument/song design/layout is a horrifying disaster

Years

Nah it's all good. I respect your opinion. Its the people who came in week after week to say the same things over and over that got to me. I understand why some critics didn't like SAO. I loved it mostly because of the expansive world building, and really I'm a simple guy, I appreciate the simplest cliche fairytale stories to the complex sex and violence filled orgies of expansive novels. Since well they're both there to entertain me. And TBH I just like it when others like what I like lol.

So yeah there is no good or bad per se. You like what you like, and others you don't hell there's probably other things that we both like that can bridge our interests so it's fine.

As for shooting things up, there's so many things to do in the world. You can do all the stress venting on video games or distract yourself with Animuz or mangoes. Why waste your life with a futile one off?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Also most of my posts against the show (or any show) are to be taken with a pinch of salt, I didn't like it but I'm hardly an elitist now am I?

I seem to remember somebody saying it goes a bit Matrix later on. Perhaps that would be interesting. Might be like Oreimo for me, hated the first series but am enjoying the hell out of the second.

Spoiler:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Aren't those screens from the first series though?

ANYWAY. For those who for some reason read HASHI, and especially those who wait for the chapters to end before reading, I've finally finished chapter three!
So get ready for dark edginess, nonsensical dialogue, and the highly anticipated combat scenes that just never seem to come! All that, and more (I guess), in the A for Awesome-rated webcomic, HASHI.

Shameless advertising is of course okay because I'm flippin' Pokestick.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Ayase was always great.

I like it
Spoiler:
and advertising is good as I don't regularly check da accounts anyway. Looking forward for seeing future developments. Out of interest how far ahead have you written?

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

In my head, there are things years from now in-story that I've already set up in the comic. So there's quite a lot of stuff planned.

...But written? I've barely started writing the next chapter.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I feel as if I should make a comic.

Ok, my next buy that isn't food or rent will be a graphics tablet. Then I will become king of the comic people in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back