Sixth Generation The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old June 3rd, 2013 (10:13 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
  • Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I agree, a small region like Kanto's Sevii Islands or Sinnoh's battle peninsula (that's my nickname for it) would be better than a whole region imo which could potentially be devoid of all that made it fun in it's original games like Kanto in gen II.
Something like this exactly. Although I kind of preferred the Sevii Islands to the Resort Area, they were both good post-game additions to the games that didn't rely on visiting past regions. Neither really had a giant amount to do on them though (outside of the Battle Frontier for the Resort Area), so if we wre to have anything like this I'd like to see them put some more work into it and give us some more stuff to do.

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 6th, 2013 (8:18 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
    Maybe they could make an island chain that's both a post game mini region and a battle frontier. Like three buildings could be on one island, and later you'll be able to surf to another island. Or maybe they could seperate the first and second levels of the frontier, the first is on one island and the second level (gold) is on another, and maybe create a third (Platinum) level.
    https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
    Old June 6th, 2013 (11:24 AM).
    • Silver Tier

Kalos is based on France and France has an overseas department (French Guiana) in South America and not too far from Guyana where Mew was supposedly found. Maybe a small Sevii Islands kind of jungle coast could be available to get Mew in some way once you've beaten the game.
    Old June 6th, 2013 (4:04 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
      Kalos is based on France and France has an overseas department (French Guiana) in South America and not too far from Guyana where Mew was supposedly found. Maybe a small Sevii Islands kind of jungle coast could be available to get Mew in some way once you've beaten the game.
      If they do that, maybe Mewtwo's new forme will have something to do with the place?
      Old June 6th, 2013 (5:17 PM).
      Eye of the Storm

I like the concept of this overseas island. This will be a downloadable content item, count on it.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
        Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler.

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old June 6th, 2013 (8:50 PM).

It certainly sounds more likely than say having Unova as DLC.
          Old June 7th, 2013 (3:04 AM).
          Banned

Nature: Naughty
            Bonjour, mon ami! This couldn't be more French. I want an African themed region next... if they DARE do an Indian one, then I am probably going to scream. Racist, no, I am not. India is over used though, so I am a little annoyed, lol.
            Old June 7th, 2013 (8:32 AM).
            Eye of the Storm

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
              Bonjour, mon ami! This couldn't be more French. I want an African themed region next... if they DARE do an Indian one, then I am probably going to scream. Racist, no, I am not. India is over used though, so I am a little annoyed, lol.
              They (people from China, India, etc.) are also a minority in our part of the world, so they tend to get what they want first. Jobs, money, you name it. (No, I mean nothing racist by that, but what I say is true.)

But then, Japan creates the game. Perhaps Africa will be more of interest.

Maybe they'll do something in the Rio de Janiero (Brazil, South America) area; isn't the Olympics there in 2016?

Watch for in-game clues. We had France from Unova, after all, with French spoken. Though there is Spanish in one building, as well (Spanish is a common language in the U.S.).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old June 7th, 2013 (10:58 PM).
              Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
                Thought they hadn't covered all of Japan's land yet on the map? The French thing is interesting though. Curious to see how this plays out in the show itself.
                Old June 8th, 2013 (12:08 AM).
                Epic Pikachu

Nature: Gentle
                  this game could possibly be two regions like johto or more added to the region because it seems very small to me if you look all the way SE you can see a waterway leading to somewhere else

PM me if you want to Join the team!
                  Old June 8th, 2013 (6:57 AM).
                  Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Pikayosh View Post
                    this game could possibly be two regions like johto or more added to the region because it seems very small to me if you look all the way SE you can see a waterway leading to somewhere else
                    It would be very interesting if that waterway connects to Hoenn or Sinnoh somehow. They are remote areas in Japan, however, so perhaps the connection is a Gen. VII one. Or they plan to introduce the area in Z. Or heck, maybe it's just, you know, THERE. A red herring, if you will.

Cyclone

Old June 8th, 2013 (5:13 PM).
                    Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
                      It is possible for them to make DLC regions or islands. They surprised us and changed a lot of what we are use to in Unova. Nothing is impossible, but I would love to go back to Hoenn. I don't see us getting remakes any time soon for Hoenn, so maybe downloadable content to or part of Hoenn.

Also, people need to keep in mind that the routes reset in Kalos.

And to the person who said something about them still having a lot of land in Japan, a good amount was used in Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. I aslo think some was used in the pokemon ranger games. (Sorry for getting off topic here.)
                      Old June 9th, 2013 (4:17 AM).
                      dorks
                      • Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
                      It is possible for them to make DLC regions or islands. They surprised us and changed a lot of what we are use to in Unova. Nothing is impossible, but I would love to go back to Hoenn. I don't see us getting remakes any time soon for Hoenn, so maybe downloadable content to or part of Hoenn.

Also, people need to keep in mind that the routes reset in Kalos.

And to the person who said something about them still having a lot of land in Japan, a good amount was used in Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. I aslo think some was used in the pokemon ranger games. (Sorry for getting off topic here.)
                      It would be too much work and development which they may aswell just put into a remake all together, I'd much prefer to explore Hoenn in a remake following the storyline with Team Aqua & Magma rather than downloading it as a DLC serving no real purpose. We could get a few extra areas as did Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity but I couldn't see a Region being a likely DLC.
                      Old June 9th, 2013 (9:41 AM).
                      Eye of the Storm

I was musing on the DLC of Hoenn idea. What would people think if they had DLC and provided part of Hoenn in it, but mainly as a trolling teaser, whereby the future (yet to be announced) remake will - upon first being played in the same 3DS - will activate the entire area as a bonus in X/Y? That way, people with the remake can also explore all of Hoenn in X/Y as well.

Of course, I presume this would become a free DLC to those who register the game and the DLC would be available only then for existing X/Y games. This could apply to any remake as well and allow one to easily catch that generation's Pokémon in the newest generation without us having to go back to, say, the GBA to import three times to the newest generation.

It wouldn't be a connection; more like a ticket system. After the new region is added, a character shows up near the access point (a boat terminal, let's say) and automatically stops you telling you there is a new destination available and, hey, would you like a ticket to travel there? They can do something to make it interesting in X/Y such as super-difficult Gyms and an even more difficult E4, with possibly leveling of their teams to match you (and vice-versa) so that both opponents have, say, Lv.80 Pokémon. The whole thing can be introduced by a Xtransceiver-esque phone call.

It would be cool to later have an entire region added somehow like this! Thoughts?

Cyclone

Old June 10th, 2013 (3:01 PM).
                        RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter

Nature: Quirky
                          By the look of it, it seam like it will be akin to FF12 where you returned to the main city after every location. However they could just not show routes on the map in this region.

Old June 16th, 2013 (6:21 PM).
                          Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
                            Why are a bunch of people already speculating on Gen 7's landscape? X and Y haven't even come out yet, lets take a step back here and examine this land. We already know it's based on France, we already know a little bit about some of the towns. But, what about the rest of the land? And I noticed someone earlier say that this Generations land looks small. Are you serious? They have to split the Pokedex into 3 different sections to cover everything. That isn't small. This place is going to be huge.
                            Old June 19th, 2013 (7:08 PM).
                            Pokémon Coordinator

Nature: Adamant
                              oui! this looks sooo cool! i love that it is based on France. its so..... magnifique! i would love it to be connected to "spain" as a johto/kanto thing.
                              also i am really curios about the island in the top left corner of the map.... maybe a legendary cave??
                              Old June 20th, 2013 (10:09 PM).

i think i know where this generation graveyard will be-under lumiose city.
                                lumiose based on paris, and under paris you will find "the catacombs of paris"(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris).
                                i don't exept to see a walls made of skeletons like in the catacombs but i think that a graveyard under the city that is based on paris would be a nice reference.
                                what do you think?
                                Old June 20th, 2013 (11:10 PM).
                                WUB WUB
                                • Gold Tier

^This would be a pretty neat reference!
                                But at the same time, i think it would be the first time the PokeGraveyard is located at/under the main city of the game?
                                Still love the idea, shiny and glamorous on top, creepy and spooky at the bottom :D

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
                                Old June 21st, 2013 (8:54 AM).

The catacomb wall can be filled with Duskulls.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
                                  XY IGN: Yvonne
                                  Old June 22nd, 2013 (3:28 PM).
                                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

That'll be cool to see. Hopefully they'll also add 'Le Arc de Triomphe'.
                                    Old June 23rd, 2013 (3:44 PM).
                                    • Silver Tier

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                                    That'll be cool to see. Hopefully they'll also add 'Le Arc de Triomphe'.
                                    Maybe as one entrance to the city, even if that's not how the real one is.
                                    Old June 23rd, 2013 (5:02 PM).
                                    "He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
                                      I'm still hopping they have a Monaco inspired area, just off of the main region
                                      Old June 24th, 2013 (2:45 AM).

Nature: Jolly
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
                                        i think i know where this generation graveyard will be-under lumiose city.
                                        lumiose based on paris, and under paris you will find "the catacombs of paris"(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris).
                                        i don't exept to see a walls made of skeletons like in the catacombs but i think that a graveyard under the city that is based on paris would be a nice reference.
                                        what do you think?
                                        On the left of the map, to the right of the stonehenge area it looks like a graveyard though. They look like headstones.
                                        Old June 24th, 2013 (3:21 AM).
                                        I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
                                          On the left of the map, to the right of the stonehenge area it looks like a graveyard though. They look like headstones.
                                          Isn't Stonehenge in general a megalithic structure representing a burial area? I could be wrong, I don't know. Though that area and the "catacombs" both sound very plausible.

Tied in with Stonehenge, I like the idea of, but am not very hopeful about, a "haunted plains" where you could be crossing it and a random encounter with a ghost/dark type happens.
                                          Quick Reply

Sponsored Links