• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2015
Hello. Ages ago I used a Rom Extender tool but I can not find it anymore. Google is not getting me any results. I am pretty sure that I found it on these forums. This is for Gen III hacking.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Hello. Ages ago I used a Rom Extender tool but I can not find it anymore. Google is not getting me any results. I am pretty sure that I found it on these forums. This is for Gen III hacking.

XSE can expand ROMs, you can find it here.

Once you've downloaded it, open it and click File --> Open... and choose the ROM that you want to expand. After that, click Tools --> ROM Resizer --> Expand.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
This is most likely because you only did the map connection on one map. They don't synchronize, as a map connection is a property of a map, and not just a single value that dictates all maps.

You'd have to change the map connection on both maps in order for it to work.

Both maps are connected perfectly fine.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Is there a way to make it where pokemon can never gain exp and to level them up you need an item?

Lot's and lots of ASM my friend.:p

Both maps are connected perfectly fine.

I have seen and done this before. Your map connection going back is wrong. Any offsets you have on the map alignment need to be the opposite (negitive becomes positive and vice versa). So, you need to go to the Route map and change its connections. Also, I can guarntee you that if you walked far enough to let the town map go offscreen, it wouldn't be there when you walked back without the proper connection.

That, or your map is srewed up in some way and you should make a new one in a different slot. Basically, insert both maps (or just the route) new slots and adjust connections and warps accordingly.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Lot's and lots of ASM my friend.:p

I have seen and done this before. Your map connection going back is wrong. Any offsets you have on the map alignment need to be the opposite (negitive becomes positive and vice versa). So, you need to go to the Route map and change its connections. Also, I can guarntee you that if you walked far enough to let the town map go offscreen, it wouldn't be there when you walked back without the proper connection.

That, or your map is srewed up in some way and you should make a new one in a different slot. Basically, insert both maps (or just the route) new slots and adjust connections and warps accordingly.

It's still there when I walk all the way in, and all the way back, the connections are set to 1/-1 which fits them perfectly.
I've tried reinserting maps, putting them into seperate slots, or using a different map.
Nothing is working.
I might just Re map then in a clean ROM.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
It's still there when I walk all the way in, and all the way back, the connections are set to 1/-1 which fits them perfectly.
I've tried reinserting maps, putting them into seperate slots, or using a different map.
Nothing is working.
I might just Re map then in a clean ROM.

Sometimes when I forget to remove old connections (if replacing a map) this happens, and if I reinsert the map I forget to remove the old connections making life confusing for me.

Make sure there is only one connection each way to start.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
NEIN!
I don't have a copy, but a question. When I do trainerbattle 0x9, the game freezes when an attack is done. Why?

This happens to me as well, I just found out. It might be a problem with the music that you inserted into the ROMs, but it doesn't matter to me because I don't use that command anyways :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
How do I get a map script to work? Specifically, I'm trying to get the player to walk forward when the map loads. I have a working script the only problem is when I put it in "Map Script" section in AdvanceMap it either freezes the rom, or the script does not run.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Here's a tutorial by cooley, It tells you everything you need to know about map scripts.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
Did you put the .ini back in when you deleted it? If you did and it still don't work, just re-download it. Possibly from a different source.

Yes, I did. I also tried downloading several different versions of XSE. All of them return the same error.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Okay now THIS. IS. SERIOUS. FOR. ME.

What's the palette offset for the flames in the Title Screen of FR?

Please answer quick.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have a serious problem here. Whenever I get into a battle (any battle) this happens after about 2 attacks:
Spoiler:

I recently patched my ROM with the D/P font patch and that is not the problem. Can anybody help me with this?
(Sometimes the game completely crashes on me) :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Well I am enhancing my Fire Red Rom, so far I have :

- Turned the pokemon into moe versions through a patch (thanks to its author : Moegar)
- Added RTC and DNS through the tool from here
-Used the reasonable randomizer and the universal one to meet all pokémon, remove trade evolutions, and upgrade moves
- Used Don'tknowhowtoplay's special/physical patch and PGE to insert the 4th generation Physical/special split in Fire Red...

I'd like to add the physical/special/status symbol to moves and to edit the ingame description of Acid and Crunch. Are those hard to do for someone who only use tools and never hacks or should I stop there and enjoy the game as it is now ?

I really don't know anything about hacking...I'm so ingnorant I don't even know what Hex editing and ASM hacking mean, or what are the differences between the two...so if someone patient would like to teach me, I'll be happy but only after the 23rd of June, since I have important exams the days before...

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Well I am enhancing my Fire Red Rom, so far I have :

- Turned the pokemon into moe versions through a patch (thanks to its author : Moegar)
- Added RTC and DNS through the tool from here
-Used the reasonable randomizer and the universal one to meet all pokémon, remove trade evolutions, and upgrade moves
- Used Don'tknowhowtoplay's special/physical patch and PGE to insert the 4th generation Physical/special split in Fire Red...

I'd like to add the physical/special/status symbol to moves and to edit the ingame description of Acid and Crunch. Are those hard to do for someone who only use tools and never hacks or should I stop there and enjoy the game as it is now ?

I really don't know anything about hacking...I'm so ingnorant I don't even know what Hex editing and ASM hacking mean, or what are the differences between the two...so if someone patient would like to teach me, I'll be happy but only after the 23rd of June, since I have important exams the days before...

Somewhere around here... There is information by Darthatron on how to add those images. I also think Robin22gongon made a patch with them working.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
How about... You learn how to find palettes. Learn how to search for palettes in APE, by saving the palette in VBA.

I know how to find them using the VBA-APE Method. But when I view it's palette in VBA, I don't know if I did something bad but the palette doesn't come right so if anyone has an offset, please tell me.

Somewhere around here... There is information by Darthatron on how to add those images. I also think Robin22gongon made a patch with them working.

Please don't leak my patches out bro. I'd also appreciate if you deleted my PM/VM that contains it.

BTW, if anyone tells me the RIGHT offset for the palette, I'll give you a copy of the patch karatekid552 was talking about. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back