• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Kingdom Hearts

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Kingdom_Hearts_logo.png

Alright, soooo Kingdom Hearts! Is anyone else a fan of the series, or at least played one Kingdom Hearts game? Just to give you a reminder, here's the list of the KH Games (if I missed one, just give me a holler):

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts Coded, Mobile phones
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom Hearts 3 (Coming Soon)

Anywho, which Kingdom Hearts Game have you played, and which one is your favorite? Which characters are your favourite? Least favourite? What do you personally think of the KH games?

Feel free to share all thoughts about the KH games here. :)

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Whenever I hear "Kingdom Hearts," I hear "Broken, convoluted, money-making train wreck."

I have played every single game in the franchise, including that ridiculous Coded nonsense. I have played the Final Mixes, which were a pain to import. Although 3D was refreshing and decent, I really have lost most of my adoration for the series since they decided to get on the spin-off gravy train.

My favorite is definitely 2's Final Mix. It ironed out some issues I had with the original KH2. Plus you can finally use the right analog to move the camera around in 2, because that camera set-up in KH1 made it so freakin' painful to get around sometimes. My least favorite is 358/2 Days....because it was completely horrid and unnecessary, storywise and gameplay-wise

Favorite Character??? I guess that would be Heartless Ansem/Xehanort. He just had that whole "Everything is horrible and dark so I can be as evil as I want" mentality, and I've always loved that pure evil sort of villain. Reminded me of Seymour, honestly.

My least favorite character is Riku. He's just your cliché anti-hero rival/friend/occasional enemy. Reminds me of a poor man's Vegeta, haha.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
I've loved Kingdom Hearts since it first came out and fell in love with the first game, and have been following the series ever since playing every single game (including Final Mixes, but haven't played coded). Now, I'm gonna be honest I do think the games are fun gameplay-wise (birth by sleep's introduction of the command deck was amazing) but the story is god awful, and it's what's mainly deterring me away from the series sometimes. But, I'm going to be sticking around for Kingdom Hearts 3 as it finally ends Xehanort's saga and since I played mostly all of the games, I might as well finish it. But, if Nomura is really planning to continue the story after Xehanort's saga, that's where I might be finally dropping the series.

My favorite game in the series has to be Birth By Sleep. I simply adore the Command Deck, since I thought it was such a great innovation for the series, aside from the constant "TRIANGLE" mashing from KH2.

My least favorite has to be COM, since I felt that the card battle system was a little bit boring, and I just couldn't get into it.

Favorite character has to be Aqua. Big step-up from Kairi as being one of the main female leads.

Least favorite has to be Roxas. I'm gonna be honest, as a character he's kinda boring; but he's pretty awesome with dual-wielding I must admit.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I have played KH but the mobile ones like original coded, Verizon Disney made only one, and KHMobile.

my favorite is Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. my least favorite is Re:Coded.

Its my favorite series, I don't care how many games they have, more KH more fun for me. :) Kingdom Hearts III which is I cant wait :DD, also preordered English version KH1.5 which I imported too. But KHFM Translated in english as in text YESSS im so getting that haha.

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I got into it when KH2 was released and I've played every game but the original one/its FM. Thought about hunting down a copy but then I had some trouble with a preorder at Gamestop and ended up moving that money to 1.5 so I'll just save that experience for then.

But yeah, Kingdom Hearts. Good series. Good concept. Strange plot that gets muddled from time to time, but the gameplay is (generally) pretty solid. I love the boss battles the most. My favorite game is either Birth By Sleep or 2 FM, but my least favorite is definitely CoM because I absolutely hated the stupid battle system. Re:CoM was a bit better, but the basic idea of using cards to regulate your attacks was still there.

Favorite character? I'm not too big on any of the original characters since most of them get pretty tiring after a while, but oh boy do I love me some Hades. Least favorite is definitely Riku. There have certainly been better rival characters created.

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Kingdom Hearts was always one of my favorite series of games and to me was disappointingly under appreciated sometimes. Great story, lovable characters and good enemies whats not to love about it?

My favorite was KH 2, while to be honest I saw the first game as the hardest *hides face in shame* and I have played all the games except for the ones for the cell phone.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Kingdom Hearts is one of those games I should love - I adore disney films and the final fantasy series makes up most of my gaming collection.

I have tried playing the original and another (I think it was KH2?) but I found it really not for me. I think the clashing between the disney and ff worlds, with so few original characters, made me feel it was a bit off? Like a mash up gone wrong ><.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a KH game that might change my mind?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Kingdom Hearts is one of those games I should love - I adore disney films and the final fantasy series makes up most of my gaming collection.

I have tried playing the original and another (I think it was KH2?) but I found it really not for me. I think the clashing between the disney and ff worlds, with so few original characters, made me feel it was a bit off? Like a mash up gone wrong ><.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a KH game that might change my mind?

If it wasn't KH2, please play KH2, as it is awesome (and my personal favorite). If you don't like that, play KH3D. That game is beautiful.

But hey, if you don't like it, you don't like it. You don't have to like it just because it combines Disney and Final Fantasy. I used to detest these games despite the fact I liked everything they mixed, until I decided to sit down and play KH1. xD

On another note...
The PS4 might be the only non-Nintendo console that I buy myself, if not just for Kingdom Hearts III. I'm still wondering what those Heartless were doing in the trailer.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Only played KH 1,2 and COM but the others never really interested me, I have loved the game ever since the first one and the 2nd improved on that. I have heard bad things about all the other games really but COM I actually enjoyed.

When KH3 was revealed (which I had said it would be) me and 2 friends were just non stop talking about it for the rest of the night. We all love that series beyond belief and can't wait for it to be released.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I was never a big fan of Kingdom Hearts.

When it came out, I had a strong lust for Square Enix games, so it caught my attention sorely because it was developed by Square. My brother managed to get it during the first few weeks of release and after playing it a little at the time, I still wasn't sold. The graphics were pretty, but I thought the idea of mixing Final Fantasy and Disney was downright idiotic, so I never gave it much thought.

I got Chain of Memories for Christmas a few years later and I really liked playing that. Never beat it though.

Then recently, like a week ago, I got the urge to play through the ones I could access. Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Chain of Memories, and any that are on PSP. So I've been playing the first one and I gotta say... it's a lot better than I thought it would be. I actually quite like it.

I will say that it's pretty overrated. It's not as amazing as people say it is, at least I don't think so.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I've been playing Kingdom Hearts since 2002 and the first game is still my favourite one. I really preferred when the game was about adventures and rescuing princesses from a witch. Also having a keyblade was actually unique back then. It was also nice how you didn't have to beat some post game super boss to get the Ultima Weapon.

My favourite character is probably Maleficent, she's not a keyblade master, a heartless or a nobody etc... Yet she's still one of the most feared characters in the game simply because she's strong and not because of some plot related nonsense. If you don't believe me go play Riku's story in Chain Of Memories, 3 of the Organization members are pissing themselves when they thought Maleficent was revived for a brief second. These same members are mentally prepared to anger some keyblade users and fight Xenmas along with the rest of the Organization.

Back