The PokéCommunity Forums Off-Topic Discussions Off-Topic
Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old June 15th, 2013 (11:50 PM).
Mana's Avatar
Mana Mana is offline
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
Spoiler:
I couldn't believe how slow they were running, lmfao. Anyway, yeah, I jumped out of my seat when he attacked Mikasa. Obviously she'll be alright, but what the hell happened? Was it just a lack of titans to attack that caused him to attack the nearest thing, or...? I'm worried that he won't be able to control his titan form in the most dire of instances, especially right now. aaa ;_;
Spoiler:
Mikasa has to survive! She's one of the few endearing characters!

I've been trying to think of a reason why he punched her, but idk o_o not like there's a titan hiding in the roofspace.
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #77    
Old June 16th, 2013 (12:01 AM).
derozio's Avatar
derozio derozio is offline
s c a r l e t
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Akihabara
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 5,503
I spoiled myself by reading the manga and cannot enjoy the anime much anymore. ;_________; Someone please wipe my memories, please!!!

Though, really, anyone here follows the manga regularly? Did ya read the latest chapter??

Spoiler:
Things are progressing sooooo slowly. 42 pages of nothing. :< At least we got confirmation that the great ape titan belongs to a different faction (hinted earlier when he didn't recognize 3d gear) and that there's much more than meets the eye. And that those "mass murderers" actually have reasons as to why they're doing what they did.
Reply With Quote
  #78    
Old June 16th, 2013 (12:19 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
I spoiled myself by reading the manga and cannot enjoy the anime much anymore. ;_________; Someone please wipe my memories, please!!!

Though, really, anyone here follows the manga regularly? Did ya read the latest chapter??

Spoiler:
Things are progressing sooooo slowly. 42 pages of nothing. :< At least we got confirmation that the great ape titan belongs to a different faction (hinted earlier when he didn't recognize 3d gear) and that there's much more than meets the eye. And that those "mass murderers" actually have reasons as to why they're doing what they did.
Spoiler:
Yeah... the last 3 or 4 chapters progress really slowly... I would really like to see something important for a change... it is really boring right now...
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #79    
Old June 16th, 2013 (12:38 AM).
derozio's Avatar
derozio derozio is offline
s c a r l e t
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Akihabara
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 5,503
Yeah, considering it's a monthly manga I expect the plot progression to be a bit fast. It is good to have mysteries and try to keep the interest level high by revealing things little by little but chapters where nothing much happens at all is just...boring. I mean, it's okay if it happens in a weekly manga. I forgive One Piece for doing it at times. But man, to wait for a chapter a whole month and not get some good progression is, well, not good. :<
Reply With Quote
  #80    
Old June 16th, 2013 (9:25 AM).
antemortem's Avatar
antemortem antemortem is offline
rushing, ad infinitum
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 7,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Spoiler:
Mikasa has to survive! She's one of the few endearing characters!

I've been trying to think of a reason why he punched her, but idk o_o not like there's a titan hiding in the roofspace.
Spoiler:
ofcourseofcourseofcourse

idk, that sounds like a reasonable observation. Or maybe when he loses control it doesn't just attack titans, it might attack anything. By that I mean it's not like a regular titan and tries to eat humans, but attacks anything with a heartbeat in the surrounding radius, or something like that.
__________________
TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS
Reply With Quote
  #81    
Old June 16th, 2013 (9:31 AM).
danks_'s Avatar
danks_ danks_ is offline
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
     
    Join Date: Jun 2013
    Location: Darmstadt, Germany
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Serious
    Posts: 106
    Ah, I see the anime has advanced since the last time I saw it (I think EP. 6), I couldn't handle the pressure got weak and had to read the whole damn manga. Now every time I see the anime it's just like "Yeah... I know that happens. Whoops, not impressed..."

    Trust me guys, you can't even imagine how BETTER and crazier it'll get in about 2 episodes from now.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #82    
    Old June 16th, 2013 (9:44 AM).
    Mana's Avatar
    Mana Mana is offline
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: UK
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 10,006
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
    Spoiler:
    ofcourseofcourseofcourse

    idk, that sounds like a reasonable observation. Or maybe when he loses control it doesn't just attack titans, it might attack anything. By that I mean it's not like a regular titan and tries to eat humans, but attacks anything with a heartbeat in the surrounding radius, or something like that.
    Spoiler:
    Maybe but he defended them with his odd half-titan shell in the previous episode?

    Seems odd, unless maybe his body is too tired to fight off the titan urges at the moment?
    Reply With Quote
      #83    
    Old June 16th, 2013 (11:10 AM).
    derozio's Avatar
    derozio derozio is offline
    s c a r l e t
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Akihabara
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Lonely
    Posts: 5,503
    @danks_ - Yeah, same here, haha. Except I started reading the manga after watching episode 5. Couldn't stop myself from reading as I wanted to know wtf happened with Eren, lol. Really though, patience is rewarding. Try not to read the manga if possible. Just helps you enjoy the anime much more.

    @Antemortem & Switfsign - I don't remember it clearly but I think he's just not in control.
    People won't get spoiled by this mere sentence so keeping it un-spoiler'd. =p
    Reply With Quote
      #84    
    Old June 16th, 2013 (11:33 AM).
    danks_'s Avatar
    danks_ danks_ is offline
    NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
       
      Join Date: Jun 2013
      Location: Darmstadt, Germany
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Serious
      Posts: 106
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
      @danks_ - Yeah, same here, haha. Except I started reading the manga after watching episode 5. Couldn't stop myself from reading as I wanted to know wtf happened with Eren, lol. Really though, patience is rewarding. Try not to read the manga if possible. Just helps you enjoy the anime much more.
      Well, I've always been more the manga fan myself ahahaha and yeah, people should wait for the anime. Although I find the manga a lot more mature in terms of language and gore.

      Did you read the 4th part of the last chapter? Don't spoil anything for the others, if you did just tell me how your face looked when you finished reading it.

      This was mine:
      Spoiler:


      Reply With Quote
        #85    
      Old June 16th, 2013 (2:49 PM).
      antemortem's Avatar
      antemortem antemortem is offline
      rushing, ad infinitum
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2012
      Location: Texas
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naughty
      Posts: 7,563
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
      Spoiler:
      Maybe but he defended them with his odd half-titan shell in the previous episode?

      Seems odd, unless maybe his body is too tired to fight off the titan urges at the moment?
      Spoiler:
      Well yeah, that was just a shell and had very little muscle, only one arm, and no legs so it couldn't really attack anything if it wanted to. XD
      Reply With Quote
        #86    
      Old June 17th, 2013 (12:45 AM).
      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
      Memento Mori
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 14,447
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
      @danks_ - Yeah, same here, haha. Except I started reading the manga after watching episode 5.
      For me, it was like after episode 2 or 3 :D
      Reply With Quote
        #87    
      Old June 17th, 2013 (3:06 AM).
      Pokedra's Avatar
      Pokedra Pokedra is offline
      Retired
         
        Join Date: Dec 2008
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 1,660
        I personally prefer the anime's drawing style over the manga. Not to say it isn't good but the anime just has more detail and feels imo less rough.
        Reply With Quote
          #88    
        Old June 18th, 2013 (1:27 AM).
        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
        Memento Mori
        • Gold Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2008
        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
        Age: 24
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 14,447
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Pokedra View Post
        I personally prefer the anime's drawing style over the manga. Not to say it isn't good but the anime just has more detail and feels imo less rough.
        Well... Production I.G. is one of the best studios there is =)
        I like both drawing styles.
        Reply With Quote
          #89    
        Old June 18th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
        Sweets Witch's Avatar
        Sweets Witch Sweets Witch is offline
        I just love ham jerky.
           
          Join Date: Jan 2013
          Location: Old People Community, USA
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 1,420
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Pokedra View Post
          I personally prefer the anime's drawing style over the manga. Not to say it isn't good but the anime just has more detail and feels imo less rough.
          The coloring in the anime really helps the visuals a lot, although a lot of the titans just look plain silly in both forms. I'm hoping that the anime progresses to a point that'll showcase the 3m class with the gigantic nose that shows up a lot in later chapters of the manga.

          Clarification edit: That's not a spoiler. It has absolutely no plot significance whatsoever and just appears in a lot of panels.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #90    
          Old June 19th, 2013 (8:26 AM).
          antemortem's Avatar
          antemortem antemortem is offline
          rushing, ad infinitum
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Jan 2012
          Location: Texas
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 7,563
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
          The coloring in the anime really helps the visuals a lot, although a lot of the titans just look plain silly in both forms. I'm hoping that the anime progresses to a point that'll showcase the 3m class with the gigantic nose that shows up a lot in later chapters of the manga.

          Clarification edit: That's not a spoiler. It has absolutely no plot significance whatsoever and just appears in a lot of panels.
          I love the coloring of the anime, and essentially how vivid everything is. I'm glad it was highly funded since the manga is so popular in Japan, because this franchise deserves the best. I personally love the titan with the shoulder-length green hair and huge brown eyes. I believe they started appearing in Episode 5 and more frequently through the next three or so. It was one that attacked Sasha when she missed in the assault in the supply room. That one is cute. xD
          Reply With Quote
            #91    
          Old June 19th, 2013 (9:12 AM).
          Sweets Witch's Avatar
          Sweets Witch Sweets Witch is offline
          I just love ham jerky.
             
            Join Date: Jan 2013
            Location: Old People Community, USA
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 1,420
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
            I love the coloring of the anime, and essentially how vivid everything is. I'm glad it was highly funded since the manga is so popular in Japan, because this franchise deserves the best. I personally love the titan with the shoulder-length green hair and huge brown eyes. I believe they started appearing in Episode 5 and more frequently through the next three or so. It was one that attacked Sasha when she missed in the assault in the supply room. That one is cute. xD
            This one?

            Spoiler:


            If so...I don't really have anything to say. Just look at this.

            Spoiler:
            Reply With Quote
              #92    
            Old June 19th, 2013 (9:54 AM).
            antemortem's Avatar
            antemortem antemortem is offline
            rushing, ad infinitum
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2012
            Location: Texas
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naughty
            Posts: 7,563
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
            If so...I don't really have anything to say. Just look at this.

            Spoiler:
            Literally crying right now looking at this. xD; But yeah, that's the one I was talking about. It's one of the most feminine looking titans I've seen so far and it's somewhat endearing!
            Reply With Quote
              #93    
            Old June 21st, 2013 (11:36 PM).
            derozio's Avatar
            derozio derozio is offline
            s c a r l e t
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: May 2009
            Location: Akihabara
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 5,503
            Well, she's better than the weird ones we saw in episode 1, at least. :p

            Came across a pretty nicely done Gintama + Guren no Yumiya video :D
            Reply With Quote
              #94    
            Old June 22nd, 2013 (1:29 AM).
            Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
            Memento Mori
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 14,447
            That opening works with everything xD
            I'm not surprised that Gintama has its Eoten OP as well =D
            Reply With Quote
              #95    
            Old June 22nd, 2013 (5:44 AM).
            derozio's Avatar
            derozio derozio is offline
            s c a r l e t
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: May 2009
            Location: Akihabara
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 5,503
            Well, it's true that it does work with quite a lot of stuff. But the editor him/herself have to be given credit. A random bunch of scenes won't work quite as nicely with it. He made it look really close to the actual thing. :p

            Anyway, really, I've stopped watching the anime. **** me for reading the manga. I'll probably only be watching this when they're done with the first season and I get the chance to marathon the whole thing in one or two sittings.
            Reply With Quote
              #96    
            Old June 22nd, 2013 (5:18 PM).
            antemortem's Avatar
            antemortem antemortem is offline
            rushing, ad infinitum
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2012
            Location: Texas
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naughty
            Posts: 7,563
            Spoiler:
            Episode 12 had very little progression, though I will say I'll be really upset if Jean doesn't make it out alive and Eren continues to sit completely useless, haha.
            Reply With Quote
              #97    
            Old June 22nd, 2013 (6:01 PM).
            TwilightBlade's Avatar
            TwilightBlade TwilightBlade is offline
            All dreams are but another reality.
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: May 2007
            Location: Florida
            Age: 25
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 6,675
            There are so many fan videos using the SnK OP. :P I can't stop listening to the OP. <3

            Episode 12 out today, whooo

            Spoiler:
            Slow pacing, yeah. I started feeling a tad upset seeing Jean running from the titan; I don't want him to die. :(

            Mikasa was cute when she blushed. xD



            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #98    
            Old June 22nd, 2013 (6:16 PM).
            Olli's Avatar
            Olli Olli is offline
            I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Location: Skyloft
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 2,612
            Hnggg, these episodes are waay too short. Every week I just want more and every week just goes by slower and slower hfdsuifhf. I really hope this anime doesn't do an SAO and start off amazing and just gets progressively more and more boring with each episode, because that was so disappointing. But yeah, loving the anime so far, with how intense and on-edge every episode (nearly :p) feels, and it's just such an interesting and well-done plot. I wouldn't really call it unique, since it can kinda be compared to a lot of zombie movies and such, but unlike with those, I actually find this anime interesting :D

            Spoiler:
            Get moving already! They spent a whole episode getting to that boulder, and then a whole episode protecting Eren from the titans. Not getting anywhere! And I'm still curious to what caused titan Eren to attack Mikasa in the first place, since I didn't think he cared about anything other than killing titans >:O But yeah, hoping we'll see some action and some actual progression in the episode, because the last two have been relatively boring (relatively being a key word, since they're still amazing kdfhsfhg). Also I don't get how Eren can't see that Mikasa is madly in love with him :O She's constantly doing everything to protect him, and always wants to be with him. Like, I get why he would think she's just treating him as a little kid, but sheez. Take the hints man!
            __________________
            Not removing this from my signature!

            Reply With Quote
              #99    
            Old June 22nd, 2013 (7:05 PM).
            antemortem's Avatar
            antemortem antemortem is offline
            rushing, ad infinitum
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2012
            Location: Texas
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naughty
            Posts: 7,563
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
            Spoiler:
            Get moving already! They spent a whole episode getting to that boulder, and then a whole episode protecting Eren from the titans. Not getting anywhere! And I'm still curious to what caused titan Eren to attack Mikasa in the first place, since I didn't think he cared about anything other than killing titans >:O But yeah, hoping we'll see some action and some actual progression in the episode, because the last two have been relatively boring (relatively being a key word, since they're still amazing kdfhsfhg). Also I don't get how Eren can't see that Mikasa is madly in love with him :O She's constantly doing everything to protect him, and always wants to be with him. Like, I get why he would think she's just treating him as a little kid, but sheez. Take the hints man!
            Spoiler:
            I AGREE! He's like 'I am not your brother, stop treating me like your actual family.' Yeah, well, no ****, she's like so far in love with you it's not even funny, lmao.
            Reply With Quote
              #100    
            Old June 22nd, 2013 (7:17 PM).
            derozio's Avatar
            derozio derozio is offline
            s c a r l e t
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: May 2009
            Location: Akihabara
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 5,503
            Dunno if I should enclose in spoiler or not. Might just as well.

            Spoiler:
            Too bad Eren's the oblivious kind. He's probably never gonna realize that Mikasa has the hots for him. :p I'm OKAY WITH THAT. CUZ MIKASA IS MINNNEEEE!!!
            Reply With Quote
            Reply
            Quick Reply

            Sponsored Links
            Thread Tools

            Posting Rules
            You may not post new threads
            You may not post replies
            You may not post attachments
            You may not edit your posts

            BB code is On
            Smilies are On
            [IMG] code is On
            HTML code is Off

            Forum Jump


            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:50 AM.