Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

Closed Thread

Old June 6th, 2013 (9:42 AM).

Nature: Calm
    I have a quick question to ask everyone. Is it worth it to buy both Black and White versions? Or should I just stick with White 1 and 2?

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 7th, 2013 (1:33 PM).
    Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
      Depends on what you are looking for. There are vast differences between them IMO. White is more of an ancient older feeling, where as Black is more futuristic. I think its a good Idea to get white2 and black2. So you can link the two together unless you can get someone to link it for you. Also depends on which pokemon you want to so. Need to figure out what you want and whats best for your gameplay
      Old June 7th, 2013 (6:27 PM).

I will be getting white and white 2. Should I still get black 2, since I will be be getting Zekrom in W. and Reshiram in W. 2 wouldn't that be a little pointless to buy W. 1,2 and B. 2?
        Old June 7th, 2013 (7:12 PM).
        the fox pokémon
        • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
        I've seen people ask a few questions like this, but usually the best advice I've seen is get the sequel that matches up with your color. Like say, if you have White you should get White 2 cos then you can get both Zekrom (W) and Reshiram (W2). Same sorta goes with Black and Black 2 but the opposite. Also, version exclusives usually make people decide which game they want. I have both the original B/W pair and the sequels, but I play Black and Black 2 more cos I liked the version exclusives better than White/White 2's.

Then there's also differences in appearance of certain locations in B2/W2, like Route 4, Opelucid City and Reversal Mountain. And there's also the obvious Black City and White Forest. Also, if you have the original Black/White and Black 2/White 2 you can use the Memory Link in the latter (it requires 2 DS systems though) and you can unlock new cutscenes in B2/W2, as well as catch N's Pokemon.

I hope that has helped you in some way.
        Old June 7th, 2013 (10:17 PM).
        If I fits...
        • Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
        I've seen people ask a few questions like this, but usually the best advice I've seen is get the sequel that matches up with your color. Like say, if you have White you should get White 2 cos then you can get both Zekrom (W) and Reshiram (W2). Same sorta goes with Black and Black 2 but the opposite. Also, version exclusives usually make people decide which game they want. I have both the original B/W pair and the sequels, but I play Black and Black 2 more cos I liked the version exclusives better than White/White 2's.

Then there's also differences in appearance of certain locations in B2/W2, like Route 4, Opelucid City and Reversal Mountain. And there's also the obvious Black City and White Forest. Also, if you have the original Black/White and Black 2/White 2 you can use the Memory Link in the latter (it requires 2 DS systems though) and you can unlock new cutscenes in B2/W2, as well as catch N's Pokemon.

I hope that has helped you in some way.
        Everything that Hikari said, but I wanted to add that you won't need 2 DS systems for Memory Link, you can also use Game Sync, via Nintendo WFC. You sync your Black or White game, you're given a code, and you can just input that code to link from your Black 2 or White 2. Memory Link is one of my favorite features, I was really glad to be able to use it.
        Old June 8th, 2013 (9:54 AM).

Thanks guys, after hearing what you had to say, and looking up videos on youtube I have changed my mind to go with pokémon black and black 2. I also looked up videos on youtube and saw the looks of both versions. I just love the look of pokémon black compare to white, and I hope to catch some awesome pokémon.
          Old June 16th, 2013 (12:03 AM).
          Banned

Nature: Naughty
            The best thing about Pokemon Black is Reshiram. I made the mistake of getting Black. :C
            Old June 18th, 2013 (4:20 AM).

Nature: Hasty
              Next time use Quick Questions thread please.

Sponsored Links