Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

View Poll Results: Have you ever found a shiny?
Yes 19 73.08%
No 5 19.23%
Yes, but I lost it! 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 8th, 2013 (2:06 PM).
The Unbeatable

It really depends on if you want any of the moves that can only be learnt above level 50. In Scyther's case its Air Slash at level 53, Swords dance at level 57 and Feint at level 61. If you want those moves, go ahead. I not there isn't much use...

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 16th, 2013 (2:13 AM).
Yep, that's me
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
Hey guys, the game is Leaf Green and I am in the seafoam cave, trying to get you know who. This seems to be the only way I can go, to the water that is too strong to use surf. How can I get past this? Any help is welcomed. I am a newbe, so please use newb talk if possible, thank you.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old June 16th, 2013 (2:33 AM).
weirdguybuizel

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to waveguidebuizel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu View Post
Hey guys, the game is Leaf Green and I am in the seafoam cave, trying to get you know who. This seems to be the only way I can go, to the water that is too strong to use surf. How can I get past this? Any help is welcomed. I am a newbe, so please use newb talk if possible, thank you.

You'll have to go to upper floors and push boulders into holes so that they block the water currents. That'll stop the water from moving and allow you to surf on it.
Old June 16th, 2013 (2:36 AM).
Yep, that's me
Silver Tier

Oh yeah I think I have been to a place like that, umm...where is that again? Sorry for the hassle but I am stumped here. Thanks for helping me mate.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Old June 16th, 2013 (10:40 AM).
weirdguybuizel

Send a message via Skype™ to waveguidebuizel
You'll see them if you climb up the ladders, if that's what you mean. I don't remember the layout of the Seafoam Islands, so just explore a bit and you'll eventually find them. I know it's a pretty confusing place; once, I got lost there, so I just proceeded to Cinnabar from Pallet. =P You're welcome, and sorry for the late reply. ^-^
Old June 16th, 2013 (3:07 PM).
hmph.
Super Moderator

For future reference, please use the Advance Generation Q&A thread when you have questions about LeafGreen. :) When games already have a section that has it's own specific Q&A thread, you use that one, not this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Quick Questions and Answers thread rules
- If the question you're going to ask already has a forum dedicated to it, like Black and White, please ask in that section's Q&A thread. Your posts may be deleted if they are specific to one game that already has a thread or belong elsewhere entirely.

icon by my gurl maotelus
starboy
Old June 16th, 2013 (6:54 PM).
Yep, that's me
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
For future reference, please use the Advance Generation Q&A thread when you have questions about LeafGreen. When games already have a section that has it's own specific Q&A thread, you use that one, not this one.
Sorry I am no good on GENS so I do have trouble figuring out where to post, but I am getting better!

Hey I need a hand with GENS if anyone can help me, what GEN's do these Pokemon belong?

1. Riolu

2.Entai

3. Mudkip series

4. Minun and Plusle

Thank you!

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Old June 16th, 2013 (7:01 PM).
hmph.
Super Moderator

Quote:
1. Riolu Gen 4

2.Entai Gen 2

3. Mudkip series Gen 3

4. Minun and Plusle Gen 3
The answers are in bold :)

icon by my gurl maotelus
starboy
Old June 18th, 2013 (11:18 AM).
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Ok, so I joined this forum back in February and asked what may have happened to my Pokémon Crystal game for GameBoy Color, as I hadn't played it since 2008 when I found out that all the game data had been erased. I was told that the battery dried up as to why the data was wiped out and that I need to replace the battery. Well, here is another problem I discovered today.

I decided to check today to see if my Gameboy Color worked at all after years of not using it. I have had it since 1998 when I got my first Pokémon game, the Yellow version. I also wanted to make sure the batteries in it weren't corroded as they've been in there a long time and didn't want my GameBoy Color to be ruined. They were in good shape and the GameBoy Color still worked, so I was relieved. I popped in my Crystal version to test and see and yep, it still says "new game" and "options", so it's still the same as when I found out it dried up. After this, I decided to see if my other Pokémon games, the Yellow, Blue and Silver versions, worked and still had the saved game data. I popped in my Silver version and found out that it too had all the data erased, so I felt down upon finding that. Next, the Yellow version, and again, all its data was gone. Lastly, the Blue version, and it said on the bottom of the screen "the file data is destroyed", so now all 4 of my Pokémon games are without their saved game data. It was bad enough that I found my Crystal version in that condition, and now the other three are like that.

How could all 4 of my Pokémon games for GameBoy Color lose their data like that? Is my Gameboy Color just old and not reading the cartridges? Did all of the cartridges just dry up and erase the data? I hadn't played any of them in 5 years or more after my Crystal version dried up and didn't think they would end up the same. Did not playing them for this long cause this? The last I checked on any of them was years ago and they were fine then, even after I found my Crystal version empty of data. I'm quite disappointed that I have to start all of them over again but can't if its a battery problem and needing to replace them all to keep saved data from being erased again.

Help me
Old June 19th, 2013 (3:19 AM).
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier

Yeah, most likely it was the internal battery drying up. I mean, they're over 10 years old and if you hadn't played them for 5 years, they're just sitting there running down battery. They could've been erased a day after you stopped playing them, or a day before you checked them.
Old June 19th, 2013 (3:30 AM).
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
Yeah, most likely it was the internal battery drying up. I mean, they're over 10 years old and if you hadn't played them for 5 years, they're just sitting there running down battery. They could've been erased a day after you stopped playing them, or a day before you checked them.
I thought as much. How much is that gonna cost me to replace all 4 of their batteries?
Old June 20th, 2013 (1:49 PM).
Yep, that's me
Silver Tier

Game: Leaf Green

Elite Four: Beaten

I have got 60 Pokemon and now what to get a Pichu. How do I do that? I don't have a rainbow pass and can't get to Island four an am like going a little crazy trying to find out how to do it.

Any help is welcomed with open arms! Thanks!

I am a newbe so please go slow.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Old June 20th, 2013 (3:32 PM).
hmph.
Super Moderator

Just breed two Pikachu. That should result in Pichu. No crazy item combos like in later gens, haha. And for the Rainbow Pass, you'll need to speak with Celio to get it. That also starts your quest for the Sapphire and Ruby to trade with...well, Ruby and Sapphire. And Emerald, of course.

Also, I've told you this before, but please, when you have a question for a game of a specific generation, this being Advance Generation, you need to ask in that section's Q&A thread. I'm going to delete your post as spam next time.

icon by my gurl maotelus
starboy
Old June 22nd, 2013 (6:01 AM).
So these are complete noob questions about training pokemon ev values. I want to practice doing it for pokemon X and Y and never done it before since I'm used to pokemon Gen 1 and 2. I read alot of forums and guides, so I'm aware of basic stuff so these are questions I feel I still don't quite understand.

1. If two pokemon battle the same foe pokemon does the pokemon who beat the foe only get the ev point?

2. I've read a lot of people say they train pokemon for ev after the in-game story is done. Does this mean they train a set of 6 new pokemon? because all the trainer and gym battles give ev points so to do afterwards would seem pointless since the pokemon have been getting ev already.

3. I've been practicing ev training already, but I don't see the effects happening... For example I'll have my lillipup battle 8 patrats that means I should have two extra atk stats when it level ups since 4evs = +1, but when it levels up it's atk stat is still only going up by one so I'm confused on when the effects of ev training actually apply and it's nature is adamant

I know it's alot, but if you can help I'll really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old June 22nd, 2013 (6:48 AM). Edited June 22nd, 2013 by molivious.
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
1. Both get it, as long as they "showed up" in the battle; If someone holds an Exp. Share, he will also gain all EVs regardless of sending him into battle.

So, for instance, you have two Lillipups you'd wanna train for the ATTACK stat -- by killing patrats. You can both interchange them during the same battle so that both gain EVs on that one pokemon -- halving your training time. Now you have a Pikachu holding an EXP share, whether he participated in battle or not, he still gains that 1 attack EV from Patrat.

(this example does not count pokerus/EV boosting calculations; for that matter, it varies individually)

-----

2. EV training is like training for better stats. You don't really have to start with new pokemon, but you would most likely do because your current pokemon already have messed-up EVs. Also, they/you might be targeting for a beneficial nature, which makes starting over (breeding for a fresh, new poke) more likely to happen.

Doing the EV training post-game also allows access to any area. This makes it easier to find a perfect spot for your EV training.

-----

3. It doesn't happen immediately. Just keep count and make sure you're not losing track. It all adds up once you reach the final level. An explanation would be: your lillipup might not have actually gained an attack stat (naturally) at that level, and that 1 point was most likely from the EVs you've gained.

Unless you really train for more EVs, you won't notice big changes.

tip: EV training could be easier if you find/trade for a pokemon with Pokerus, too. Same goes with macho brace... I forgot about the individual items, but those were better than macho braces... try googling EV items. They reduce 252 pokemon -> 24 pokemon if you're doing things right.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old June 22nd, 2013 (7:18 AM).
I hate Smeargle.
Gold Tier

Actually, Exp. Share DOES pass EVs along with the experience. So you could backseat EV train something weak no problem. It's far faster if you use a power item though.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old June 22nd, 2013 (7:26 AM). Edited June 22nd, 2013 by molivious.
so much fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Actually, Exp. Share DOES pass EVs along with the experience. So you could backseat EV train something weak no problem. It's far faster if you use a power item though.
Oh, it seems you're right.

fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Old June 23rd, 2013 (3:51 PM).
"Last Raven"

Nature: Bold
i got a problem, my black 2 will connect to my home, but my my diamond and soul silver game will not connect.

any suggestions
Old June 24th, 2013 (5:20 AM).

Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I imagine you have WPA network security like the majority of the world. Unfortunately the original DS only allows archaic network encryption so you have to change your internet network settings to allow your Gen IV games to connect. Black 2 has DSi capabilities so it can connect with WPA security.

If that isn't the problem then I really have no idea, but usually that is the problem.
Old June 24th, 2013 (12:57 PM).
"Last Raven"

Nature: Bold
thanks nuke, by the way do know how to do that
Old June 25th, 2013 (3:58 PM).

Gold Tier

Sorry for the late response, I've only just checked back.

Hopefully you've solved it by now, but if not then you need to find out how to access your network settings. Unfortunately the way to access these largely differs depending on your network provider so I can't really help beyond that.
Old June 25th, 2013 (7:51 PM).
Master of Ice

I have been wondering about it and wanting to know if there is or not. I use my laptop every day so I would like to occupy my free time with something Pokémon-related to play with on my laptop.
Old June 25th, 2013 (7:56 PM).
hmph.
Super Moderator

Please remember to use the Q&A thread. I've merged quite a few of your threads with it in the past, so please remember that it's there. :)

Anyway, the only Pokemon computer game I know of is Pokemon Play-It! which is basically TCGO before we even had TCGO. It's pretty fun! But because it's really old, I don't think it would work on your computer now, unless you download a CD-ROM emulator to play. Pokemon Play-It! 2 is actually the better one that you'd want. It's old cards, but this one has more decks to choose from than the first and you can build your own.

icon by my gurl maotelus
starboy
Old June 25th, 2013 (9:12 PM). Edited June 29th, 2013 by molivious.
so much fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
I have been wondering about it and wanting to know if there is or not. I use my laptop every day so I would like to occupy my free time with something Pokémon-related to play with on my laptop.
Fortunately, Wikipedia (click this link) has all the PC games listed. :D

Old June 28th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
Woah

I need a website that lets me play Pokemon. But I can also put in cheat codes. (Just a code where I can have any Pokemon I want) Anyone know?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links