• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do people still buy online?

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2013
Do people still buy cards online? Like off of e-bay? Or is is pointless to even try to sell them?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Between May 27th and this past Sunday, I bought 13 different cards from the first 2 generations (check the card collection thread for pictures of them). I used eBay all but one time when I couldn't find a Ho-Oh card in mint condition and had to use PokéOrder to buy it, which costed me a good sum of money. I plan on buying more in the future off eBay. I notice that someone was trying to sell a first edition holographic Zapdos card for $1000 on eBay and it made me think, "does he or she really think they can sell that card for that much?". I mean, that card is rare nowadays but $1000? Some are either greedy, have no clue what the value is or they do know how to properly price items. I've been lucky to find the ones I want at reasonable prices.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I just bought a couple of shinings last week.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Yes they do. I started collecting the cards again this year and I've bought Base, Jungle, Wizard Promo, Fossil, Base 2, Team Rocket, Gym Heroes, Southern Island and Rumble sets from eBay, as it's pretty much the only way to get them in the UK.

Back