• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Yes, let us kill it. This is the best way to do it. This won't stop at 21, though.

tumblr_mlo31oJGeD1rt3gdco1_400.gif

derozio

Years
Well, if you're gonna go into it then be aware of the fact that the initial episodes are boring. I gave up on the series after watching the initial 10-15 episodes. Things get a lot better after episode 20, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I think if I tried getting into Gintama it would be the manga because it's pretty long and I don't have time to watch however many episodes it has. :V

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Manga isn't as funny for me. Timing of comedy is almost as important as content, the anime does that a lot better. That and the brilliant music and seiyuu talent anyway.

derozio

Years
No, the initial episodes were sort of boring. In comparison to what lies ahead, at the very least. There are reasons, though. Viewers aren't familiar with the characters and those episodes serve as the building blocks for them. The anime, in my opinion, becomes much more fun when the viewer comes to know the characters and their traits.

Honestly, if a show's first episode or the second makes you want to stop watching it then it is boring. People say One Piece's beginning was boring/slow. I disagree. But Gintama's first few episodes made me drop the series for almost 5-6 months.

Though I agree, Lappy, that the anime's much more fun. I tried giving the manga a chance but...it just doesn't feel as good when you're used to the anime. I mean, the voice actors are terrific and the soundtrack is amazing. Animation too. I think the comedy works better in the anime adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back