Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

TrollandToad.com

Old May 6th, 2013 (6:57 AM).
If I fits...
  • Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
I see, and I guess that actually makes sense, since my idea wouldn't really work as a fan club I sent a message to Forever to ask about this, so we'll see.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 11th, 2013 (8:20 PM).
TheRedReshiram

Nature: Jolly
    Hey guys!!!

I am fairly new to PC and therefore, I am unaware of any application forms I must fill out before I am authorized to create a club, if any. Although I did find a small form consisting of three basic questions. Given how the questions were not very detailed or long, I'm not sure if this is the right form.

Why do you want to open up the club?: There isn't already a Dragon type club, which strikes me as strange, considering the averages of all the total stats of all Dragon Pokemon do beat any other types average. And they look pretty awesome as well.
    How often do you intend to update the club?: I myself, for the time being, cannot come online more than once a week. This is soon to increase to everyday. But for now, like I said, it is once a week. Although I do intend on finding a Co-Owner to help me update more than once a week and to help out with the club anyway.
    How long are you hoping for the club to last?: This is club is going to last as long as there are people who love Dragon types. And that, I believe, is endless. If, in any case, I cannot continue being the owner, a Co-Owner would step up to replace me or even a member can as long as he/she would make a fitting owner.

Thanks for reading mate!
    Old May 12th, 2013 (1:59 AM).

Nature: Gentle
      Hi PC, this is gonna be my form for my club, the Eeveextreme Club. Here goes, guys!

Why do you want to open up the club?: Well, the club is based around Eevee and its eeveelutions. I'm quite surprised that a club hasn't been made for this yet. Eevee seems to be quite a popular Pokemon nowadays, and even X and Y is gonna announce the new eeveelution when the game is released. I wanted this club to be a place where all Eevee enthusiastic fans can gather together and talk about, well, Eevee, and also to make friends with other members.

How often do you intend to update the club?:I intend to update it every few days, probably not longer than three days or so between updates and contests and such. Unless, that is, if I'm on vacation and I'm stuck without Internet access, I'll probably ask a fellow staff or reliable member to keep the club going while I'm away.

How long are you hoping for the club to last?: I'm hoping for the club to last as long as I keep dedicating time to this Club. I would want it to last forever, but we all know that such stuff can't happen, so I will try my best to keep it alive as long as members are still frequenting the club.

Quote:
      Eeveextreme Club Profile:

Username: Shaturu711
      Partner Pokemon: Umberon

Titles: [None]
      Old May 12th, 2013 (3:20 AM).
      I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
      • Silver Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by RedReshiram View Post
      Hey guys!!!

I am fairly new to PC and therefore, I am unaware of any application forms I must fill out before I am authorized to create a club, if any. Although I did find a small form consisting of three basic questions. Given how the questions were not very detailed or long, I'm not sure if this is the right form.

Why do you want to open up the club?: There isn't already a Dragon type club, which strikes me as strange, considering the averages of all the total stats of all Dragon Pokemon do beat any other types average. And they look pretty awesome as well.
      How often do you intend to update the club?: I myself, for the time being, cannot come online more than once a week. This is soon to increase to everyday. But for now, like I said, it is once a week. Although I do intend on finding a Co-Owner to help me update more than once a week and to help out with the club anyway.
      How long are you hoping for the club to last?: This is club is going to last as long as there are people who love Dragon types. And that, I believe, is endless. If, in any case, I cannot continue being the owner, a Co-Owner would step up to replace me or even a member can as long as he/she would make a fitting owner.

Thanks for reading mate!
      Hey there!

While it's great that you actually took time to fill out the form, there doesn't seem to be much use for it anymore. The reason an application form was made in the first place, was because the section at one point got an overwhelming amount of clubs, where a lot of the owners ended up just leaving all the responsibilities rather quickly, however that isn't really the case today. I guess it's also best to make the decision on whether or not you want to own a club after you've actually tried it, so you can experience what it's like.

But on the topic of the club. Unfortunately, updates to the opening posts can only be done by either the one who made the post, the moderator of the section or a member of H-staff, so a co-owner would only really be able to guide the club with new topics and the likes, but not add new members to the member list, or manage whatever other things there'd be added to the opening post. So if you're only able to get on once a week, I don't know if it'd really be a good idea to make it. It's your call on whether you want to go through with it, since clubs with dedicated members can run without an active owner, however it's not very likely to happen :/

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Shaturu711 View Post
      Hi PC, this is gonna be my form for my club, the Eeveextreme Club. Here goes, guys! ;)

Why do you want to open up the club?: Well, the club is based around Eevee and its eeveelutions. I'm quite surprised that a club hasn't been made for this yet. Eevee seems to be quite a popular Pokemon nowadays, and even X and Y is gonna announce the new eeveelution when the game is released. I wanted this club to be a place where all Eevee enthusiastic fans can gather together and talk about, well, Eevee, and also to make friends with other members.

How often do you intend to update the club?:I intend to update it every few days, probably not longer than three days or so between updates and contests and such. Unless, that is, if I'm on vacation and I'm stuck without Internet access, I'll probably ask a fellow staff or reliable member to keep the club going while I'm away.

How long are you hoping for the club to last?: I'm hoping for the club to last as long as I keep dedicating time to this Club. I would want it to last forever, but we all know that such stuff can't happen, so I will try my best to keep it alive as long as members are still frequenting the club.
      The club has been approved, and it looks like you'll be a great owner for it. Good luck with managing the club!

Club Updates - May 12th

Shaturu711's Eeveextreme Club was approved.

Section Updates - May 12th

The application form for members that'd like to make a club has been removed, since it had barely even been used for quite a long time now, and since it wasn't really needed anymore.

Old May 12th, 2013 (4:18 AM).
      TheRedReshiram

Quote:
        Hey there!

While it's great that you actually took time to fill out the form, there doesn't seem to be much use for it anymore. The reason an application form was made in the first place, was because the section at one point got an overwhelming amount of clubs, where a lot of the owners ended up just leaving all the responsibilities rather quickly, however that isn't really the case today. I guess it's also best to make the decision on whether or not you want to own a club after you've actually tried it, so you can experience what it's like.

But on the topic of the club. Unfortunately, updates to the opening posts can only be done by either the one who made the post, the moderator of the section or a member of H-staff, so a co-owner would only really be able to guide the club with new topics and the likes, but not add new members to the member list, or manage whatever other things there'd be added to the opening post. So if you're only able to get on once a week, I don't know if it'd really be a good idea to make it. It's your call on whether you want to go through with it, since clubs with dedicated members can run without an active owner, however it's not very likely to happen :/
        I see. The thing is, I'm only able to log on to the internet using my laptop once a week. I can do minor changes using my mobile everyday and I could tell the Co-Owner what to do through a private message. Also I would like to know what "updates" should be done to maintain a club. Is it like, update members list, change in Co-Owners, etc.?If that's the case then these updates I can perform daily.
        Old May 12th, 2013 (4:39 AM).
        • Silver Tier

Updates to the opening post depends on what kind of features you include. If you're just following the basic layout, all you really have to do is update the club members, but some club owners include spots for current and previous topics in the opening posts as well, meaning you'd have to update those as well, whenever a new topic is started. Some also have points systems, but how those are managed usually varies between different clubs. All in all, the changes really depend on how you make the club. If it's simple, then doing it on a mobile device probably wouldn't be much of a problem, but if it includes various different features that need to be updated regularly, then it's probably not gonna be quite as easy.

But yeah, things like starting new topics, competitions and greeting new members can all be done by a co-owner, so if those are the things you're worried about, it's all manageable :)

Old May 12th, 2013 (7:13 AM).
        TheRedReshiram

Oh if that's the case, I think I can manage a club pretty well. From what I understand, most of the major changes that are near impossible with a mobile device are not ones that need updating regularly. Therefore those changes I can make weekly while the minor changes can be done daily.

I think, by what you said, I am now authorized to create a club. So should I continue to do so? I don't want to create one only to find it closed the next day.

BTW, thanks for all your
          Old May 12th, 2013 (7:36 AM).
          • Silver Tier

You actually don't even need to post in here before making a club, as this thread is mainly made for reservations and approval updates. Upon submitting a club they'll be moderated and hidden from view for the members untill they're approved, so that rather than having to close all the threads that don't make it (clubs lacking any content and effort put into them, duplicates, etc.), cluttering up the first section with closed threads, the members would get the chance to add/change what's needed, without the embarrassment of having their club closed for everyone to see (thus why usernames were never revealed when clubs were revoked and why I eventually decided to not update with revoked clubs anymore).

But yeah, in short. Don't worry about the club not making the cut the first time around, as no one else will know, and I'm here to help you with the club if you need it :)

Now have fun making that club!

Old May 14th, 2013 (2:59 AM).
          TheRedReshiram

Quote:
            You actually don't even need to post in
            here before making a club, as this
            thread is mainly made for reservations
            and approval updates. Upon
            submitting a club they'll be moderated
            and hidden from view for the members untill they're approved, so
            that rather than having to close all the
            threads that don't make it (clubs
            lacking any content and effort put into
            them, duplicates, etc.), cluttering up
            the first section with closed threads, the members would get the chance to
            add/change what's needed, without
            the embarrassment of having their
            club closed for everyone to see (thus
            why usernames were never revealed
            when clubs were revoked and why I eventually decided to not update with
            revoked clubs anymore). But yeah, in short. Don't worry about
            the club not making the cut the first
            time around, as no one else will know,
            and I'm here to help you with the club
            if you need it Now have fun making that club!
            I see. Well, thanks for everything mate! Is it possible to keep the name 'Dragon Masters' reserved since right now I'm having to use my mobile and therefore cannot design it well. Thanks again Olli.
            Old May 14th, 2013 (4:24 AM).
            • Silver Tier

Sure thing! You'll have it reserved untill the 21st :)

Old May 21st, 2013 (11:16 AM).
            • Silver Tier

Club Updates - May 22nd

galooloo's ABRA CLUB was approved.

Old May 26th, 2013 (8:54 PM).
            • Silver Tier

GoldenRayquaza's ~Wings and Things~ A Bird Pokemon Fan Club was approved

Old June 17th, 2013 (4:34 PM).
            • Silver Tier

Approval Updates - June 5th

Manfred Mankey's Earth Band's *shivers* A ghost type fan club was approved.

Approval Updates - June 16th

UltraMew's The Gen 1 Pokémon Fan Club was approved.

CloysterOyster's ~Chills in the air~ (Ice-type Pokémon fan club) was approved

Approval Updates - June 17th

UltraMew's *|\I choose you, Pikachu!/|* The Ash Ketchum Club was approved

Old June 17th, 2013 (10:31 PM).

Nature: Brave
              Hey isn't there no Club for Gen 4 or any Dragon type Loving Club???
              Old June 18th, 2013 (2:03 AM).
              • Silver Tier

Nope, so feel free to make one if you want :)

Old June 20th, 2013 (3:09 PM).
              • Silver Tier

Approval Updates - June 20th

CloysterOyster's Shocks and Volts: Electric type Pokémon fan club was approved

Old June 25th, 2013 (4:30 PM).
              D-I-N-O-S-A
              • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
              I shall be making a Bug Club kthx. <3
              Old June 25th, 2013 (6:17 PM).
              • Silver Tier

Well if you say it like that... >:O

Then sure thing! You'll have it reserved till the third :)

Old June 26th, 2013 (11:51 PM).
              gotta catch 'em all

I'd like to reserve ~YABADABADOO~ The Flintstones fan club

Old June 27th, 2013 (1:47 AM).
                • Silver Tier

You'd have to go make that club in the Fan Clubs & Groups section, since this forum only deals with clubs related to Pokemon :)

Old June 27th, 2013 (9:34 AM).
                D-I-N-O-S-A
                • Crystal Tier

Hey guys, we've been working on a new idea and would love your input! We were thinking of starting a Pokémon Trainer's Club, in a similar vein to the Shiny Hunters Club, which would be a place to relax with other club members and talk about your days of training Pokémon and what goals you have/how you're doing with them. Is this an idea that people are interested in or not?

Thoughts would be lovely :)
                Old June 28th, 2013 (7:36 AM).
                • Silver Tier

Approval Updates - June 28th

TrainerMussadiq's Heroes of the 4th Generation { 4th Gen Pokemon Fan Club } was approved.

Old June 29th, 2013 (5:05 AM).
                Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
                  If the dragon club is free, then I'd like to reserve it.
                  Old June 29th, 2013 (5:59 AM).
                  Friends Till The End

Nature: Calm
                    Dratizard I Was Thinking To Create Dragontype Club Too But If You Want To Create Dragon Type Club Ok Then I Will Help You To Create Dragon Type Club
                    Old June 29th, 2013 (6:03 AM).
                    D-I-N-O-S-A
                    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
                    If the dragon club is free, then I'd like to reserve it.
                    The club is yours, it's reserved 'till the 5th!

Quick Reply