• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best grinding spots

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Try Nimbasa's Sports Stadiums. The trainers there are at a decent level depending on where you are in the game. However, you can only challenge the trainers within them once a day, and there are times when you can't get in the stadiums at all because of a game going on.

There are also Pokémon breeders dotted around Unova, who will always battle you once when you enter their locations; they're in Lostlorn Forest and Routes 4, 6, 7, 11 and 22.

Or you can try grinding with Audino; just run/bike around a field of tall grass until a patch shakes; when you enter it, there's a good chance you'll run into a wild Audino.

You can also battle in dark grass, since the Pokémon there will have a higher level compared to ones found in regular grass, plus there's a chance you'll be put in a double battle.

Each of these tips are better when your Pokémon is holding a Lucky Egg.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I prefer to grind the E4 so that I get lots of cash while I grind. Either that or grind in White Treehollow- the hardest levels have Pokemon in the upper 70s (and low 80s on Challenge Mode) and the Pokemon Breeders use Happiny/Chansey/Blissey which give loads of EXP and you also get tons of cash.

Years
I also just found out that in entralink you can do missions and get pass orbs to get an exp gaining bonus

Years
Try Nimbasa's Sports Stadiums. The trainers there are at a decent level depending on where you are in the game. However, you can only challenge the trainers within them once a day, and there are times when you can't get in the stadiums at all because of a game going on.

There are also Pokémon breeders dotted around Unova, who will always battle you once when you enter their locations; they're in Lostlorn Forest and Routes 4, 6, 7, 11 and 22.

Or you can try grinding with Audino; just run/bike around a field of tall grass until a patch shakes; when you enter it, there's a good chance you'll run into a wild Audino.

You can also battle in dark grass, since the Pokémon there will have a higher level compared to ones found in regular grass, plus there's a chance you'll be put in a double battle.

Each of these tips are better when your Pokémon is holding a Lucky Egg.

^ Basically what he said.

My best recommendation is Audino grinding, because you can find them in any area with tall grass (except B2/W2's Route 19) and defeating loads of them gives you loads of EXP which is great for leveling up quickly.

And also the cafes and dojos in Join Avenue can gain levels for your Pokemon if you get them to the higher ranks.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
You can also grind for EVs, not just levels. I've always remembered that the best place to train Special Attack is in the Celestial Tower, to hunt for basculin in the sea at Route 19 for speed training.

Alternatively you can battle Pokemon breeders too, as in B2W2 you can battle them all the time (And get extra cash in the process). If you want your Pokemon to be a bulky physical attacker I would battle Marcus on Route 7, or if you just want to focus on Speed call April on Route 6.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I recently discovered that battling Audino is a great way to earn some extra experience points, as long as it's your level or higher. It takes a little patience to run around tall grass until it rustles, but it's worth it! You will be able to find wild Audino just about anywhere in Unova.

The next best way to grind would probably be at either of the two Nimbasa stadiums. The trainers there give pretty good EXP, depending on where you are in the game. Only problem is that you have to wait a day after defeating everyone, unless you time travel, then it shouldn't be a bother. Remember to hold your Lucky Egg!

Last edited:

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Speaking of Audino's typing and moves, Ghost-type Pokemon are the easiest to beat it since they are immune to its moves, followed closely by Rock and Steel types, especially if you pack Toxic into its movepool.

The next best way to grind would probably be at either of the two Nimbasa stadiums. Only problem is that you have to wait a day after defeating everyone, unless you time travel, then it shouldn't be a bother. Remember to hold you Lucky Egg!

Or if you want to raise low-leveled Pokemon, give them an Exp. Share, and if it's pre-evolved, don't evolve them yet unless you really think they are at the right level, as NFE'd Pokemon will grow quicker that way.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
It's possible to grind Attack from Marshal, Special Defense from Caitlin and Special Attack from Shauntal. However, one needs to take note that not all five or six of their Pokemon gives out the EVs that he/she wants.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
I grind in the E4 and White Treehollow. Even then the most thats gotten me is level 90...

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
For experience, I grind Audinos. The best place to do it, IMO, is Route 12, west of Lacunosa Town. It's a nice long narrow strip of grass, so there's lots of room to ride back and forth and it's relatively easy to get to the shaking grass without running into something else along the way, and it's a quick trip back to the PC whenever you need to heal.

Another good spot to grind Audinos is along the west side of Route 7, north of Mistralton City. You can run up and down the walkway, then drop down onto the grass, generally either right on top of or next to the shaking piece. That's where I caught a shiny Audino in Black.

I also grind a fair amount in Giant Chasm, just because it's a good mix of relatively high exp. pokemon.

I'm just now playing White 2 for the first time, so I haven't gotten a chance to try out White Treehollow yet.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, what Arlo said. Earlier in the game the best place is definitely grinding all of the audinos. They're easy to take out and are good for EXP.

Later in the game, just go down Victory Road, and realy late on just keep versing the Elite four.

Back