Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!

TrollandToad.com

Old July 9th, 2013 (10:20 PM). Edited July 11th, 2013 by skylarmt.

Introducing Pokémon Generation:United!

I have been thinking on this game for quite some time. I even wrote a good portion of it. Then, it was forgotten. A long time later, I decided to do a complete rewrite of it, using what I have learned in the meantime. The game does not have a plot. It is closer to a sandbox or open-world game than a traditional Pokémon game. What it does have, or will soon have, is the ability to import your Pokémon from your "official" Pokémon games. It will support all generations of games for import. This is the whole point of the game, that is, to continue using your old favorites and friends from your games in this new world. When you open the game, you can choose which city or town to start in, meeting people (yes, actual people) and Pokémon along the way!

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Use your own servers in the game!

Search Bulbapedia, veekun, Serebii, or other websites for Pokemon information!

Title screen inspired by Minecraft!

Credits:
    Spoiler:

I am using Visual Basic .NET 2010 to make this game. Background tiles came from the games, I ripped them myself. Maps come from the games too. Everything else can be found in the Credits in-game.

UPDATE! There is now an updater program on Sourceforge. It will update the game to the latest version with one click. If you want to try out the game, this is a perfect way, because you will easily receive the latest version! Just place the updater exe in the same folder as the game.

Everything else is on Sourceforge, including a wiki and downloads:
    >>Go to Sourceforge site>>

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 10th, 2013 (9:09 AM).

Cool, but what is this? Like, a battle MMO? If so, it sounds like an awesome idea! Good luck!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
      Old July 10th, 2013 (12:15 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by joeyhugg View Post
        Cool, but what is this? Like, a battle MMO? If so, it sounds like an awesome idea! Good luck!
        You could say that. It could go several ways from where it is, but if you want a battle MMO, you'll be able to use it as one!
        Old July 10th, 2013 (12:57 PM).
        #BAMFPokemonNerd

Nature: Sassy
          I'm picturing minecraft with pokemon (i'm assuming its not going to look like a minecraft mod)
          are there going to be many areas to travel where you can buy items, save, train, and stuff like that? an open ended world is good, but only if it can be controlled; otherwise it could become very boring - just a thought
          it seems like it could become something interesting if you work hard on it, good luck, and keep at it.

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old July 10th, 2013 (7:04 PM). Edited July 10th, 2013 by skylarmt.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
            I'm picturing minecraft with pokemon (i'm assuming its not going to look like a minecraft mod)
            I modeled my menus after Minecraft. Otherwise, it's not much like it except for server multiplayer and such. You can only do so much Pokemon in Minecraft.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
            are there going to be many areas to travel where you can buy items, save, train, and stuff like that?
            Well, since the game is aimed at people who have already played most of the main series games, you can actually warp into most cities and towns from the menu. Wild Pokemon will appear while you walk around, and you can choose to start a battle or run away. The game autosaves whenever things happen.
            Old July 11th, 2013 (8:44 PM).

There is now an updater program on Sourceforge. It will update the game to the latest version with one click. If you want to try out the game, this is a perfect way, because you will easily receive the latest version! Just place the updater exe in the same location as the game.

Quick Reply