Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Draconius GO
View Poll Results: Have you ever found a shiny?
Yes 19 73.08%
No 5 19.23%
Yes, but I lost it! 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old July 7th, 2013 (4:03 AM). Edited July 7th, 2013 by Iash654.

So basically, I want to complete the SS nationaldex without having any cheated in pokemon. however most of my legends were cheated in at some point or another in a friend's game that he then traded to me. The thing is, I have completely beaten the story line at this point in the game and restarting isnt going to be the easiest thing to do right now.
    Also, I don't particularly understand the friend code thing, so i wont be able to get half of the legends back to complete the pokedex. What do you guys recommend??

I also have "Inhouse" a copy of diamond (s/l completed) and platinum (no save file yet) however most of the legends of diamond were also cheated in and given to me by the same friend.
    Pokemon ...

My Pokemon Fanfic: http://dft.ba/-6pHm

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 7th, 2013 (8:54 AM).

So basically, I want to complete the SS nationaldex without having any cheated in pokemon. however most of my legends were cheated in at some point or another in a friend's game that he then traded to me. The thing is, I have completely beaten the story line at this point in the game and restarting isnt going to be the easiest thing to do right now.
      Also, I don't particularly understand the friend code thing, so i wont be able to get half of the legends back to complete the pokedex. What do you guys recommend??
      Pokemon ...

My Pokemon Fanfic: http://dft.ba/-6pHm
      Old July 7th, 2013 (8:31 PM).
      • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Iash654 View Post
      If your wi-fi connections are good, I advise checking out the Trade Corner section in this very PokeCommunity forum. Unlike the GTS, which tend to have ridiculous offers like "Level 9 and under (insert Pokemon that cannot legally be that level)" while the Trade Corner is guaranteed to get whatever Pokemon you need.

And Friend Codes are registered when you use the Pal Pad after logging into the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Most members here tend to have them written in their signatures or on their profiles. Click here for more information on Friend Codes.
      Old July 11th, 2013 (10:48 PM).
      no more sad songs
      • Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
      Hey everybody, the first spinoff game I've played was Red Rescue Team, I didn't like it because of its difficult controls & not so cool graphics, but I kinda liked the story...
      I then saw screenshots of Gates To Infinity & I liked the graphics a lot, so...
      Do you think Gates To Infinity might be the one for me? (please list pros & cons :)
      Honestly going from Red Rescue Team to Gates to Infinity is quite a jump. If I were you I'd play Sky/Darkness/Time. It probably has the best features out of all the dungeon games. I haven't played the new games but after reading up about them they work a lot differently to the others. Legends seem to be unavailable to use in your team and can only be battled with downloads. Legends in the other games are recruitable and thus usable.

I think if you're looking for a good storyline (and super long!) go for Sky/Darkness/Time where 492 Pokemon are available (491 for Time/Darkness) the graphics are the same as Red/Blue but imo the graphics are simple and cute. The 3D ones though seem to be better Pokemon-wise though as 5th Gen Pokemon are available.
      Old July 19th, 2013 (1:21 PM).
      Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
        Here's a quick question out of curiosity. What HMs are absolutely required to beat each game from Generations 1 to 4? I know that Cut was needed to beat B/W, and Surf for B2W2, but I can't remember the others.
        Old July 19th, 2013 (1:46 PM).
        so much fail...

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
          Here's a quick question out of curiosity. What HMs are absolutely required to beat each game from Generations 1 to 4? I know that Cut was needed to beat B/W, and Surf for B2W2, but I can't remember the others.
          Gen 1 - Surf, Strength, Cut
          Gen 2 - Surf, Strength, Cut, Waterfall, Whirlpool (dragon's den)
          Gen 3 - Surf, Strength, Waterfall, Dive, Rock Smash
          Gen 4 - Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Waterfall

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
          Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
          Old July 19th, 2013 (10:08 PM).
          Professional Rom Hacker

Nature: Naughty
            Can I get anyone to help me decide a great pokemon team for my second time playing this game?
            I'm just not sure which pokemon to use
            I hope to get a bunch of replies regarding what anyone thinks
            Old July 19th, 2013 (10:48 PM).
            Memento Mori
            • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
            Espeon
            Wailrein (Spheal from Blue brother)
            Ampharos (Mareep from Yellow brother)
            Flygon (Trapinch from PokéSpot)
            Ninetales/Arcanine
            And something like Aggron if you need full party.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
            Old July 21st, 2013 (5:52 PM).

At what number of ev's are you forbidden from using a vitamin? is your last chance at 90, or can you use them up until 99?
              Old July 21st, 2013 (6:03 PM).
              Nyeh?
              • Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
              You can't use vitamins on a certain stat anymore if that stat has 100 or more EVs. If your Pokemon has 100 or more EVs in Attack for instance, you can't use any more Proteins on it.

Old July 21st, 2013 (6:04 PM).

ok so you're good even at 99? that was my intended question
                Old July 21st, 2013 (8:53 PM).
                so much fail...

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Fawster View Post
                  ok so you're good even at 99? that was my intended question
                  Yes, but that would be a waste, money-wise.

Vitamins only push the stat to 100, no more, no less.

Old July 22nd, 2013 (2:37 AM).

A little question : Eating items like protein use 10 Evs and only raise 1 stat , but beat pokemon and get 4 Evs will have 1 stat .

So eat boosters are waste of Evs right ?

Happiness is useless and those boosters are so expensive .

And I tried it , level up A pokemon with rare candy gets 3 atk

Then I reset , feeding A pokemon 1 protein , then I use rare candy to level it up , it gets 2 atk ONLY !?

Booster sucks or what ? I wan perfect stats EVER ! ( Rayquaza > 456 sp.atk is my highest record without a suck boosters )
                    Old July 22nd, 2013 (5:17 AM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by molivious.
                    so much fail...

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by GOGBLITZ View Post
                      A little question : Eating items like protein use 10 Evs and only raise 1 stat , but beat pokemon and get 4 Evs will have 1 stat .
                      Nope, eat 1 Protein get 10 EVs for attack. Eat 10 Proteins, get 100 EVs for attack. There's a limit to using vitamins though. You will know this once you read an article or two about EV boosts.
                      Quote:
                      And I tried it , level up A pokemon with rare candy gets 3 atk

Then I reset , feeding A pokemon 1 protein , then I use rare candy to level it up , it gets 2 atk ONLY !?
                      I don't really know what happened in the situation above. Especially when there is little being said. But anyway, chill. You don't get to see the effects in a flick of a finger.

1) the "4EV = 1 stat" rule only applies IF your pokemon is Lv100. So basically, EV boosts "scale with your level".
                      Now, let's say you want a badass Rattata on your team. Even if you fed it some proteins and EV-trained it all the way, you will never get a Lv10 or 20 rattata that has 100 attack.

2) [here's a link] if you wanna do the math. I'd suggest you read the whole article about EV training as well. It will rid you of these misconceptions.
                      Quote:
                      Booster sucks or what ? I wan perfect stats EVER ! ( Rayquaza > 456 sp.atk is my highest record without a suck boosters )
                      You simply just misunderstood EVs and EV training. In fact, your Rayquaza is actually already "boosted" with that number. Every time you defeat a pokemon, you're already EV-training.

Again, I'd highly suggest reading the whole article in the link I've given above. It will give you a deeper explanation for everything I've mentioned here.

Old July 22nd, 2013 (5:29 PM).

I finally ordered today 3DS XL , after some years I didn't touched Pokemon games (since 2005) I can finally play again now, the problem is, I saw that there is A tons of Unique Pokemons, that only obtainable through events, but most of them if not all of them already over, my question is, it's "Legit" to use Action Replay Just for the Events and Events Pokemons that i Missed?

I won't get ban from the online by using AR for EVENTS?
                        Old July 22nd, 2013 (5:49 PM).
                        i'm a shapeshifter
                        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
                        I don't know if they'll be allowed online, but you're honestly better off checking trade shops here on PC for the event Pokemon you missed. Hopefully some nice people will trade them to you, and since PC's Trade Corner doesn't allow hacks (ie. Pokemon from action replay), then you're pretty much guaranteed a legit Pokemon.

challenges | klippy
                        Old July 22nd, 2013 (5:54 PM).

I can get banned for using Action Replay only to get access to Events and Event Pokemons?
                          Old July 22nd, 2013 (6:17 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by molivious.
                          so much fail...

I'm fairly sure that if you didn't directly hack in the pokemon itself, then you could definitely use them online. For example, using AR to make all your pokemon encounters shiny still creates "legit" pokemon that you could use for battling.

The same should apply for events. If you've only used AR to trigger events, then you should be safe... For example, using AR to get the event item Azure Flute. Azure Flute then triggers the event to allow you to acquire a non-hacked Arceus.

Old July 22nd, 2013 (6:37 PM).
                            i'm a shapeshifter
                            • Crystal Tier

You can do what molivious suggested, but remember that if you do and you decide to trade with people, do not offer hacks. You'll get infracted for trading them. That's here on PC, anyway. If you do it over GTS, then that sucks for them. Though it's a bit distasteful anyway, and I'd advise you not trade them at all.

I know how you feel though. I had to hack in the 4th gen events cause I didn't have wifi back then.

challenges | klippy
                            Old July 22nd, 2013 (6:38 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by Sydian.

So I think that im fine lol, sorry for all this crappy questions, but there is even A chance to get ban from the online/tradings thing?

someone here ever got ban or know someone who got ban for using Action Replay for "Legit" things only like adding TMs/Money or by getting "Events Pokemons"

Not that I will ever want to ruin my game by adding max stats pokemons or some crazy **** -__-

I will use it only for Events, and maybe to add some TMs (need some Earthquakes )

Edit : for the one above, yea it's sucks that only because I didn't had DS I missed basicly all of the events...

I want all those unique Pokemons like the Surfing and the Flying Pikachu, the Spiked ear Pichu, Shiny beasts, shiny Milotic, Mewtwo, Mew, all of those uniques (there's freaking tons of them...
                              Old July 22nd, 2013 (6:49 PM).
                              i'm a shapeshifter
                              • Crystal Tier

No one gets banned for hacking in extra TMs and Rare Candy and such. Even cloning with an AR is acceptable. It's just the Pokemon obtained with it that aren't going to fly.

Also, for future reference, if you're going to swear, don't try to filter it by adding characters like ! in place of an i. Just type the word like you normally would and let the censors pick it up. You can get in trouble for bypassing it.

challenges | klippy
                              Old July 22nd, 2013 (7:28 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by molivious.
                              so much fail...

It's important to note that: using AR to acquire distributed event pokemon, such as the Shiny beasts from Gamestop (specific movesets), the exclusive VGC Shiny Milotic, etc, automatically flags your pokemon as hacked.

The reason behind this is that these pokemon are, as mentioned, given away through specific means. Yes, they are event pokemon. But there are no "in-game events" that allow you to capture these pokemon legitimately. You will only be able to legally acquire these exclusive pokemon during the events.

So yeah, AR can never simulate a "giveaway". Be careful of using AR through these means or even trading with others that have such. Thankfully, PokeCom's trade corner is a safehouse.

These are prime examples of pokemon you shouldn't use online, if you "cheated" for them via AR, that is.

Old July 22nd, 2013 (7:33 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by molivious View Post
                                  It's important to note that: using AR to acquire distributed event pokemon, such as the Shiny beasts from Gamestop (specific movesets), the exclusive Shiny Milotic from a certain championship, etc, automatically flags your pokemon as hacked.

The reason behind this is that these pokemon are, as mentioned, given away through specific means. Yes, they are event pokemon. But there are no "in-game events" that allow you to capture these pokemon legitimately. You will only be able to legally acquire these exclusive pokemon during the events.

So yeah, AR can never simulate a "giveaway". Be careful of using AR, and even trading with others.
                                  So I should do only the "Quest Events"
                                  Old July 22nd, 2013 (7:39 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by molivious.
                                  so much fail...

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by FalseKingAllant View Post
                                    So I should do only the "Quest Events"
                                    That's for you to decide. Would you take the risk? I was just reminding you about my first reply XD

Old July 22nd, 2013 (7:51 PM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by molivious View Post
                                      Preferrably, just to be safe.

I mean, no one's stopping you from hacking in the rest of the event pokemon. Just be aware that you're putting yourself at risk if you do so.
                                      I will only do the quest events, I don't want any risks... that's why all those question lol, I don't want to ruin my online/trading/whatever for Pokemons that not have any value other than make ur boxes looks nice lol,

but I will definitely do the Arceus event and the rest of the quest events,

btw how many "Quest Events" there in HG/SS?
                                      Closed Thread

Quick Reply