• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Ehh, I might host a small tournament like with 8 people or something. When do you think Smash 4 will come out?
All we know currently is that the release date will be announced in 2014 so there is still a lot of time. If you ask people on the thread if they would be up for it, go ahead. It would be good to discuss with the moderator of VG, Shawn, if you are willing to host an event. I'm sure he would help n.n

On another note, I am really confused as to what attacks Wii Fit Trainer will have as well as her final smash. It's gonna be really weird with her in the game, I don't see her with any special attacks, only physical attacks would be logical...

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i love ssmb! it sucks though because i have it for the wii, and the disk kept not reading. i've gone through about three ssmb games. i think it's cause i played it too much, or my wii is messed up. xD i always play as a green kirby.

Years
Kirby is my favorite, too! I find Kirby very fun to use and I enjoy the variety of attacks on offer. Same thing happened with my Smash Bros disc u.u will probably go and get another one, considering they're pretty cheap now :)

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
Kirby is my favorite, too! I find Kirby very fun to use and I enjoy the variety of attacks on offer. Same thing happened with my Smash Bros disc u.u will probably go and get another one, considering they're pretty cheap now :)

yeah at my work SSBB is only 29.99 at the moment. grr :P

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Olimar is back...I just wonder how Rock Pikmin and Winged Pikmin will be incorporated. Good thing he wasn't replaced.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I personally doubt we'll see Rock and Flying Pikmin since it's Olimar and honestly it's best not to give him MORE options, dude is already SO DAMNED GOOD as he is, no need to make him as good as Meta Knight. :P

Imagine if Rock Pikmin was as rare as a stitch face but also acted like one? Olimar would be more overpowered than MK.
i love ssmb! it sucks though because i have it for the wii, and the disk kept not reading. i've gone through about three ssmb games. i think it's cause i played it too much, or my wii is messed up. xD i always play as a green kirby.
Is it the Wii that can't play the game? And did it the game ever work on your Wii? Because your Wii might not be able to read dual-layered discs, like Brawl, and need a new a Wii.

And honestly I must be the only person in the world who can't play as Kirby. His playstyle is so boring, even worse than Meta Knight. (lol)

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
On another note, I am really confused as to what attacks Wii Fit Trainer will have as well as her final smash. It's gonna be really weird with her in the game, I don't see her with any special attacks, only physical attacks would be logical...

Her final smash has already been shown. Its waves of workout routine flying at the opponents, sort of like Mario's Final smash. As for special attacks, would throwing a wii balance board work?

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
I personally doubt we'll see Rock and Flying Pikmin since it's Olimar and honestly it's best not to give him MORE options, dude is already SO DAMNED GOOD as he is, no need to make him as good as Meta Knight. :P

Imagine if Rock Pikmin was as rare as a stitch face but also acted like one? Olimar would be more overpowered than MK.

Is it the Wii that can't play the game? And did it the game ever work on your Wii? Because your Wii might not be able to read dual-layered discs, like Brawl, and need a new a Wii.

And honestly I must be the only person in the world who can't play as Kirby. His playstyle is so boring, even worse than Meta Knight. (lol)

yeah the wii wouldnt play it lol. it's okay it's been working now lately

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Does Wii Fit Trainer really need a projectile though? Not all character needs projectiles as long as they have good reach and are mobile, like Wii Fit Trainer.

A lot of characters don't even have a projectile actually, even Brawl's best character doesn't have one.

Years
A lot of characters don't even have a projectile actually, even Brawl's best character doesn't have one.
What, MK? :3

I don't really enjoy characters such as Wii Fit Trainer and Villager when you have characters such as Bowser and Kirby, it just doesn't feel right. But the game still has to come out so my opinion is still yet to change, but so far it isn't looking good.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
What, MK? :3
You can make a whole article about how broken Meta Knight is.

Priority, speed, power, survivability, range...he's got it it all. He's the only character in the whole series to have a favorable match up against ALL characters bar himself, and it's pretty safe to say he's the most broken fighting game characters second only to Super Turbo Akuma, who was banned in tourney. Speaking of which, MK was also the first character to be banned (albeit only temporarily) in tournaments since ST Akuma.

Years
I don't know about everyone else, but by the looks of it, I'm excited that you can play as Wii Fit Trainer. She looks like she can combo well with air moves and is really mobile.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
I don't know about everyone else, but by the looks of it, I'm excited that you can play as Wii Fit Trainer. She looks like she can combo well with air moves and is really mobile.

I like Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion as well. Like you said, she looks like she can combo extremely well in the air. And unless the gallery on the official site for SSB for Wii U is manipulated to look that way, It looks like she'll have a special which forces the opponent to do a work out routine or something of the sorts.

It was absolutely hilarious when she was first announced.

Years
I did give out a chuckle when I saw that she was going to be in the game.

Yeah, she already has some clear advantages and disadvantages without completely knowing what the character can do. As Logie pointed out, she looks like she can combo well with air moves, and I know this has already been said and repeated, but I completely agree with it.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
How the hell can you figure out ANYTHING about Wii Fit Trainer when all we briefly saw were her smash attacks, dash attack, a mysterious soccer ball projectile from a random picture, up special and final smash. O_o And air juggler? We don't even know any of her air moves, or if Smash 4 has Brawl's hitstun and knockback scaling. (which means combos and juggles are a big no-no.)

The best thing I can figure out is that she's mobile (fast dash and long reaching double jump) and has good reach. (unless Sakurai screws the hitbox somehow.)
So how exactly do you guys think meta knight will get nerfed if at all?
Start by nerfing anything, or at least give him frame disadvantages and end lags in his moves. Also nerf shuffle loop and tornado, please. At least make them punishable. Oh, and nerf his knockback power.

Back