• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shocks and Volts: Electric-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I do rather like the Therian forme honestly! Which design do you guys prefer? The Therian form always reminded me a tad of Raikou but I do love the design - it's what Raikou always should have been. I think Thundurus on the whole is a marvellously designed Pokémon as his design really promotes the whole "I am one hell of a badass" feeling that the Pokémon deserves. I mean, just look at him in action:

tumblr_mb1dgpivmF1rcwf0xo2_500.gif

Can you really say that's anything other than impressive? ;D

I always liked the Therian Forme better, it looks way more awesome in that design and also I don't use Dream Radar it's still a great menace in competitive play. I love that animation in its sprite as well, it like it's getting ready to fight!

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
Years
Preferred username: LolPizzaLol
Partner Pokémon:
Zapdos
Favorite Electric-type move:
Charge, it doesn't do any damage but when you use a damagin Electric-type move after charging and have STAB and do twice the damage you can say bye-bye to your opponent.
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon: I've always been fascinated by what electricity can do, like typing this. It's so useful, without it life would be really boring. Lightning also looks really cool imo.

Years
Preferred username: Cirno
Partner Pokémon: Emolga
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt! It's a staple electric attack in the anime and is really strong to boot. 100% accuracy as well, wheeeee. :) But Electro Ball + Bolt Strike come in as a very close second!
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon: My favorite Pokemon was Pikachu and, as embarrassing as this is to say, I've always wanted to be one. It started making me love electric Pokemon since I just found the element and moves so so cool.

Is it more important to you to use Electric-type moves to paralyze your opponent or deal damage to them?
Oooh, nice topic. I personally love paralysis since it gives me a huge edge in battle with the cut speed and chance for the opponent to not be able to attack, but in the end I prefer to damage my opponent. Electric moves tend to be pretty strong~

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: LolPizzaLol
Partner Pokémon:
Zapdos
Favorite Electric-type move:
Charge, it doesn't do any damage but when you use a damagin Electric-type move after charging and have STAB and do twice the damage you can say bye-bye to your opponent.
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon: I've always been fascinated by what electricity can do, like typing this. It's so useful, without it life would be really boring. Lightning also looks really cool imo.

Welcome to the club. Zapdos is an awesome choice partner. I have always loved Zapdos and how majestic and powerful it is. Not too familiar with Charge but would love to see it in action. I agree, what would the world be without electricity? Gotta love it.

Preferred username: Cirno
Partner Pokémon: Emolga
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt! It's a staple electric attack in the anime and is really strong to boot. 100% accuracy as well, wheeeee. :) But Electro Ball + Bolt Strike come in as a very close second!
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon: My favorite Pokemon was Pikachu and, as embarrassing as this is to say, I've always wanted to be one. It started making me love electric Pokemon since I just found the element and moves so so cool.

Is it more important to you to use Electric-type moves to paralyze your opponent or deal damage to them?
Oooh, nice topic. I personally love paralysis since it gives me a huge edge in battle with the cut speed and chance for the opponent to not be able to attack, but in the end I prefer to damage my opponent. Electric moves tend to be pretty strong~

Welcome to the club. Emolga's cute and quite strong if used right. Thunderbolt was my primary Electric move, loved using it to take down my opponents. Pikachu probably got alot of us into Pokémon, and I don't blame you for wanting to be one. :) Paralysis works like a charm. I personally like a Thunder Wave/Rain Dance/Thunder combo or any combination of Electric attacks, makes for a devastating finish.

I do rather like the Therian forme honestly! Which design do you guys prefer? The Therian form always reminded me a tad of Raikou but I do love the design - it's what Raikou always should have been. I think Thundurus on the whole is a marvellously designed Pokémon as his design really promotes the whole "I am one hell of a badass" feeling that the Pokémon deserves. I mean, just look at him in action:

tumblr_mb1dgpivmF1rcwf0xo2_500.gif

Can you really say that's anything other than impressive? ;D

I like both of Thundurus' forms. Heck, the whole Kami trio is awesome. They remind me of the Egyptian Gods from Yu-Gi-Oh, powerful and unstoppable.

Last edited:

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Actually, you guys have forgotten about Zekrom as well! The merging of Kyurem and Zekrom makes Black - Kyurem!

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Well yeah, but Zekrom was originally electric, meaning that it was the electric type pokemon that changed form! BOOM! Logic!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Well yeah, but Zekrom was originally electric, meaning that it was the electric type pokemon that changed form! BOOM! Logic!

It never changed form, it fused with another Pokémon. Zekrom stays the same (sort of) but it's Kyurem that does the changing. The answer to my question was Thundurus, but had forgotten that Rotom can take multiple forms.

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Do you think Electric-types should have a weakness to Rock like they do to Ground-types? Why or why not?

In my opinion, no I don't think they should be weak to the Rock Type. My reason for this is because the purpose of Electric being weak to Ground is because when lightning strikes, it strikes the tallest thing in the perimeter. This is why ground beats Electric because the ground almost never if not ever gets hit by lightning. However, I do think having one weakness is a bit unfair :|

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I have changed all the Electric-type's sprites on the original post to animated ones. I even took the liberty of adding Thundurus' Therian Forme and Rotom's 5 other forms. Unfortunately, since Helioptile is new, he does not have an official sprite, animated or inanimate, as of yet.

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
Years
I have changed all the Electric-type's sprites on the original post to animated ones. I even took the liberty of adding Thundurus' Therian Forme and Rotom's 5 other forms. Unfortunately, since Helioptile is new, he does not have an official sprite, animated or inanimate, as of yet.
Lanturn, the other forme of Thundurus and Eelektross are not animated yet. :P
EDIT: Oh now they are.

Do you think Electric-types should have a weakness to Rock like they do to Ground-types? Why or why not?
No, it may sound OP that Electric only has one weakness, but almost every Rock-type is part Ground or can at least know a Ground-type move, and there are a lot of in-game trainers who use Rock-types. And Electric isn't super-effective to most types and doesn't have resistance to most types, so they're pretty balanced.

tl;dr: Electric-types don't need a new weakness, because they're pretty balanced.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Preferred Username: Windy
Partner Pokémon: Pachirisu
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: Most of the electric Pokémon are cute, and I like how their moves often paralyzes the opponents. And they're very handy when it comes to handling Water types.

I don't think so, because Rock Pokémon usually have Ground type moves as the counter for them.

Last edited:

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
Preferred username: HeyLoro
Partner Pokémon: Luxray
Answer the current topic: No, because lot's of rock types have ground type moves.
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt obviously :p
Why do you like/love electric types?: I think they're more powerful than most people realize...just look at Elesa and how much trouble she gave you~! xD But for real, they are tough and lovable at the same time.

Last edited:
Years
Welcome to the club, HeyLoro and Wind Heart!

Now gonna answer the topic since I didn't get around to it:

I don't think Rock needs to be strong against Electric, the Electric-type looks fine as it is and most Rock-types tend to learn Ground attacks anyway.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred Username: Windy
Partner Pokémon: Pachirisu
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: Most of the electric Pokémon are cute, and I like how their moves often paralyzes the opponents. And they're very handy when it comes to handling Water types.

I don't think so, because Rock Pokémon usually have Ground type moves as the counter for them.

Welcome to the club. Pachirisu is cute. Thunderbolt is my most favored Electric move, I just loved watching it cause massive damage to my opponents. I like their paralyzing effects too, gotta have Thunder Wave and other Electric moves handy. I love Water types too but they don't stand a chance against Electric types.

Preferred username: HeyLoro
Partner Pokémon: Luxray
Answer the current topic: No, because lot's of rock types have ground type moves.
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt obviously :p
Why do you like/love electric types?: I think they're more powerful than most people realize...just look at Elesa and how much trouble she gave you~! xD But for real, they are tough and lovable at the same time.

Welcome to the club. Luxray is awesome. He should have the Dark type added to him in the new generation, it seems fitting to his nature. Another vote for Thunderbolt. :) Gotta love that move. I have never faced Elesa in the games but she was tough in the anime. I wish she wouldn't have used Tynamo though, it only used one move and was taken out too easily.

Welcome to the club, HeyLoro and Wind Heart!

Now gonna answer the topic since I didn't get around to it:

I don't think Rock needs to be strong against Electric, the Electric-type looks fine as it is and most Rock-types tend to learn Ground attacks anyway.

All three of you make a good point about Rock-types knowing Ground moves anyways to damage Electric-types. I just can't wrap my head around how electricity effects rocks anyways, real life or in the show/games.

Last edited:

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
Thanks for the welcome Cloyster.
I agree about Tynamo, it wasn't Elesa's best Pokemon. She makes up for it with the rest of her team, though.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I just posted a new topic in the original post, so be sure to check it out and answer it if you wish. I will go ahead and give my answer.

I would have a Jolteon because I am a big fan of Eeveelutions and Jolteon got me out of tight spots in the games. Its moveset would be Pin Missile, Double Kick, Quick Attack and Thunder (the same moveset I had him have in the Game Boy Color games).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back