• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Wasn't Fairy supposed to be the 4th Gym leader? Wasn't it also supposed to be a Male Gym Leader?

I don't really find any credit, especially with the guy pretty much whining as he starts the leak.

I don't believe anything he says especially if he's trying to push the Dark, Psychic, Fighting thing since its not a triangle and completely unbalanced.

Also looks like he took a lot of Fakemon from my site. I don't think Gamefreak would have that many coincidental copies of type and base.

I also can't tell if everyone is being serious and believes this guy or sarcastic >>;;

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
This kinda backs up those rumors, and they were correct before with some BW details.

Although it all could be fake but I'm choosing to believe this, for now. <:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Wasn't Fairy supposed to be the 4th Gym leader? Wasn't it also supposed to be a Male Gym Leader?

I don't really find any credit, especially with the guy pretty much whining as he starts the leak.

I don't believe anything he says especially if he's trying to push the Dark, Psychic, Fighting thing since its not a triangle and completely unbalanced.

Also looks like he took a lot of Fakemon from my site. I don't think Gamefreak would have that many coincidental copies of type and base.

I also can't tell if everyone is being serious and believes this guy or sarcastic >>;;

Nope!The second gym was supposed to be fairy.The rumors about the male gym leader have been proven false.
How is Dark/Fighting/Psychic unbalanced?I dont think GF cares about balance(See Gen 4)
Also can i see the fakemon?

My soulmate. <3

But I'm very skeptical about rumors since most of the crap posted on 4chan and other sites has been proven false. So far I don't think a single one of those whistleblowers was fully correct.

It was on Pokejungle not on 4chan

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This kinda backs up those rumors, and they were correct before with some BW details.

Although it all could be fake but I'm choosing to believe this, for now. <:

Those rumors and the rumors posted are two different sets. They also have non-convencing portions in those that conflict with possible ideas. They make Froakie out to be a Ninja esque. The "Ninja" Pokemon that have been shown so far are Grass/Dark and Bug/Flying. Only thing that supports is that Froakie can be Water/Dark or Water/Flying, neither support Froakie being Water/Fighting.

The only support Froakie had was in the beginning when people thought he used a Fighting attack that turned out to be a Normal Typed Quick Attack. Froakie has not been shown to use Fighting attacks or even hinted to being able to use them.

Fennekin has 1 solid support for Psychic type, but this support also then in turn means that Chespin is Rock as he learns a common Rock attack as Fennekin learns a common Psychic attack.

Based on the descriptions given and a leak that went hand in hand with the link you posted, Chespin would be Rock type and not Dark. Based on the Magical reference for Fennekin it would be Fairy typed as that is more Magical than Psychic is. Froakie hasn't seen any real support for a secondary type so it may be just Water Typed.

None of these rumors are very credible and this one seems to go against the rumor that everyone was supporting up until the Professor's name was released. Fairy was supposed to be the 4th Gym according to that leaker who was supposedly the most accurate leaker because he was the one that leaked Gen 5 for us.

Viola also having a fully evolved Bug type with Silverwind seems way too out there as well. Silver Wind is one of the end all Bug attacks that is learned way late for almost all of them. Especially for the early bugs. With Gen 5 bugs evolving at such a late level I can't really say I see them going back to the 7-10 cap for the bugs.

All we've got now is more conflicting information.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Those rumors and the rumors posted are two different sets. They also have non-convencing portions in those that conflict with possible ideas. They make Froakie out to be a Ninja esque. The "Ninja" Pokemon that have been shown so far are Grass/Dark and Bug/Flying. Only thing that supports is that Froakie can be Water/Dark or Water/Flying, neither support Froakie being Water/Fighting.

The only support Froakie had was in the beginning when people thought he used a Fighting attack that turned out to be a Normal Typed Quick Attack. Froakie has not been shown to use Fighting attacks or even hinted to being able to use them.

Fennekin has 1 solid support for Psychic type, but this support also then in turn means that Chespin is Rock as he learns a common Rock attack as Fennekin learns a common Psychic attack.

Based on the descriptions given and a leak that went hand in hand with the link you posted, Chespin would be Rock type and not Dark. Based on the Magical reference for Fennekin it would be Fairy typed as that is more Magical than Psychic is. Froakie hasn't seen any real support for a secondary type so it may be just Water Typed.

None of these rumors are very credible and this one seems to go against the rumor that everyone was supporting up until the Professor's name was released. Fairy was supposed to be the 4th Gym according to that leaker who was supposedly the most accurate leaker because he was the one that leaked Gen 5 for us.

Viola also having a fully evolved Bug type with Silverwind seems way too out there as well. Silver Wind is one of the end all Bug attacks that is learned way late for almost all of them. Especially for the early bugs. With Gen 5 bugs evolving at such a late level I can't really say I see them going back to the 7-10 cap for the bugs.

All we've got now is more conflicting information.

Can i see the rumor that says that the 4th gym is fairy because i swear everyone said the second one is.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Can i see the rumor that says that the 4th gym is fairy because i swear everyone said the second one is.

It was the one that was corrected later. Original posting said Second was Fighting and 4th was Fairy. WPM corrected it sometime after.

Nope!The second gym was supposed to be fairy.The rumors about the male gym leader have been proven false.
How is Dark/Fighting/Psychic unbalanced?I dont think GF cares about balance(See Gen 4)
Also can i see the fakemon?

Gen 4's was balanced out. Torterra's Ground type was to combat Infernape's Fire, Infernape's Fighting was to combat Empoleon's Steel, and Empoleon's Steel was to resist Torterra's Grass. Even with Ground, Torterra was still weak to Fire attacks, Empoleon had an arsenal of Flying attacks to take on Torterra. There was an unfortunate side effect of Ground and Fighting both being strong against Steel, but they could have done Flying in that case. Why didn't they? Because Flying is immune to Ground and would have been more unbalanced.

Dark is IMMUNE to Psychic. There is no balance in a Resist, Resist, Immune set. Dark, Fighting, and Psychic is not a triangle due to one having extreme advantage over the other.

As for the Fakemon

e657534.png
Electric/Dark Cheetah
e656240.png
Ice/Rock Sabretooth
e656856.png
Velociraptor
e656857.png
T-rex
e658295.png
Rock/Dragon that does look like it can evolve from the T-rex....never noticed until now XD

Oh lol found one more that was submitted but never approved
Oiseau2.png
Supposed to be a Peacock. Designer was trying to make an ugly, angry one.

EDIT:

Serebii just updated three new pictures. Seems like the PSS takes place of the bottom screen like how the C-Gear did. Though I would like to pull attention to the very bottom.
fulllumiose.jpg

Pokeball, Pokedex, Bag, What looks like a computer, paper and pencil (Save) and Options.

Seems like the Menu is back on the bottom screen. Dunno what the computer looking thing is, most likely the player's Trainer Card, though I wonder if that will allow you access to the PSS online quick battle feature and GTS?

Last edited:
Years
I wouldn't say the leaker, if false, (which he likely is) is primarily inspired by one person or group in particular. Rather, the inspirations seem to be base on speculation, popular fan "wants", as well as common fan art.

There are dozens upon dozens of grass peacock fakemon for example. So either the guy is looking at what the fan-base wants on a broadened scale or GF is pandering to the fan-base, maybe even skimming through forums. Though, I'd like to think GF tries to go for unique pokemon rather than predictable ones. For instance, no where will you find any pokemon like Chespin in the fan art concepts. Even popular animals such as bats don't resemble pokemon such as Noivern, or squids that evolve and are turned upside their heads. These pokemon are very creative and don't seem to be by popular demand. This, I believe is a good thing. It separates GF concepts from the fanart submissions. That is why I am guessing this one is a false leak. Even the more unique concepts are based on fan speculation, such as Litleo -> Manticore as we as digging bee (the leaked japanese names).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I wouldn't say the leaker, if false, (which he likely is) is primarily inspired by one person or group in particular. Rather, the inspirations seem to be base on speculation, popular fan "wants", as well as common fan art.

There are dozens upon dozens of grass peacock fakemon for example. So either the guy is looking at what the fan-base wants on a broadened scale or GF is pandering to the fan-base, maybe even skimming through forums. Though, I'd like to think GF tries to go for unique pokemon rather than predictable ones. For instance, no where will you find any pokemon like Chespin in the fan art concepts. Even popular animals such as bats don't resemble pokemon such as Noivern, or squids that evolve and are turned upside their heads. These pokemon are very creative and don't seem to be by popular demand. This, I believe is a good thing. It separates GF concepts from the fanart submissions. That is why I am guessing this one is a false leak. Even the more unique concepts are based on fan speculation, such as Litleo -> Manticore as we as digging bee (the leaked japanese names).

Ya I agree that the over abundance of constantly repeating Fan Favorites really hurt the chances of these being real. The more its being asked or done over the internet the less likely its going to be an actual leak.

Look at Jellicent. We've been waiting for a Ghost/Water type. Did we ever expect a jelly fish? I certainly never did and I can't say I've seen many in the fandom. Noivern being a Bat like Wyvern too shows how unique they are getting with their design and concepts.

Would I be mad at some of these being real? Not really. I do find them to be incredibly stupid. Only reason everyone is pushing Fire/Psychic is because they do not want Fire/Fighting. There are better combination potentials that were mentioned but Fire/Psychic is what majority of what people want so to add some possible credit the fake leaks are going to say what we want them to say. There is less chance we won't believe it. Only people that will not believe it are those that don't want the type combination or set group to appear.

Just rewatched the original trailer, Chespin did indeed use Aerial Ace against Golurk (which is odd). Why would they have originally have had Chespin use Aerial Ace? He's got a fairly random assortment going on with Rock, Flying, Grass, and Normal attacks. Its very nice to see him get so much as now we have 2 potential attacks to use against the first Gym starting with Chespin depending on when he learns both Rollout and Aerial Ace.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Just rewatched the original trailer, Chespin did indeed use Aerial Ace against Golurk (which is odd). Why would they have originally have had Chespin use Aerial Ace? He's got a fairly random assortment going on with Rock, Flying, Grass, and Normal attacks. Its very nice to see him get so much as now we have 2 potential attacks to use against the first Gym starting with Chespin depending on when he learns both Rollout and Aerial Ace.
Well, Diglett (a Pokémon specifically known to dig) can learn Aerial Ace (god that's hard to spell) so I wouldn't be too weirded out by a Grass-type being able to learn it, though of course it doesn't make any sense.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well, Diglett (a Pokémon specifically known to dig) can learn Aerial Ace (god that's hard to spell) so I wouldn't be too weirded out by a Grass-type being able to learn it, though of course it doesn't make any sense.

Diglett learn it because its actually a cutting like attack. Diglett can learn a bunch of Scratch/Slash/Cutting based attacks since its based off a mole who uses its claws as primary defense. Its base is from a sword style which is why there are a lot of non-flyings that learn it. I mean I can see why Chespin can use Aerial Ace, but I don't think many Pokemon learn it and moves like Rollout, and then go on to use moves like Leech Seed as status hitters or even Wood Hammer as if Chespin is intended to be a tank.

Based on the moves I've been seeing I see a focus on damage and some defense as Rollout is used by a lot of defensive Pokemon. Sandshrew and Sandslash are the only other Pokemon I think learn both Aerial Ace and Rollout which is pretty cool as it gives a rough idea of what we can expect Chespin to be able to do physically.

Years
Diglett learn it because its actually a cutting like attack. Diglett can learn a bunch of Scratch/Slash/Cutting based attacks since its based off a mole who uses its claws as primary defense. Its base is from a sword style which is why there are a lot of non-flyings that learn it. I mean I can see why Chespin can use Aerial Ace, but I don't think many Pokemon learn it and moves like Rollout, and then go on to use moves like Leech Seed as status hitters or even Wood Hammer as if Chespin is intended to be a tank.

Based on the moves I've been seeing I see a focus on damage and some defense as Rollout is used by a lot of defensive Pokemon. Sandshrew and Sandslash are the only other Pokemon I think learn both Aerial Ace and Rollout which is pretty cool as it gives a rough idea of what we can expect Chespin to be able to do physically.

I agree to an extent. I think that Chespin will be high attack AND high defense, with lower special stats.

Also, yes, aerial ace is a cutting-like attack that many many many non-flying types can learn and it makes logical sense.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I like the ideas represented but it seems to good to be true. I sense fakeness.

Alexial

I'm having a hard time believing the leaker's legitimacy. I wouldn't be heartbroken if some of these rumors ended up being true, but a lot of them seem to be -as stated- fan favorites. Doesn't have much to stand on in terms of credibility either.

A lot of unorthodox pokemon learn Aerial Ace (I can wrap my head around Diglett learning it, but Porygon2 just seems far too blunt lol), so it's not a far stretch for Chespin.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I was looking back at Pokebeach, and found this disclaimer: "Around when the source was discovered, his friend began going around online trying to cast doubt on all the information. This may have been to try to take the heat off his friend or an attempt to make amends with Nintendo and cause confusion so people wouldn't know which information to believe. So, here is a list of the bullet points that were sent to me around the time he was discovered / felt Nintendo was about to knock on his door. The reliability of everything else above should be considered just as reliable as the confirmed information he sent. These two bullet points below may still be just as reliable."

It seems like they don't the infomation to look wrong. There's also several other justifications for the slightly wrong things. I wonder if any of the source's other rumors will come true...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I was looking back at Pokebeach, and found this disclaimer: "Around when the source was discovered, his friend began going around online trying to cast doubt on all the information. This may have been to try to take the heat off his friend or an attempt to make amends with Nintendo and cause confusion so people wouldn't know which information to believe. So, here is a list of the bullet points that were sent to me around the time he was discovered / felt Nintendo was about to knock on his door. The reliability of everything else above should be considered just as reliable as the confirmed information he sent. These two bullet points below may still be just as reliable."

It seems like they don't the infomation to look wrong. There's also several other justifications for the slightly wrong things. I wonder if any of the source's other rumors will come true...

The fact they even tried to make an excuse to cover up why they are wrong makes it even worse honestly. They knew they'd get found out so they create a false cover. If TPC were involved with stopping them then they would have been arrested or another cease and dissist order would have circulated to fan sites like last time.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
pokemon_xy_insider_leak.png

Wow!Talk to Pokemon , over 130 new ones and old pokemon evos!Hope these are true
Which side will we take?It sounds like the whole Ruby/Saphire-land or sea.

Last edited:
Years
Okay that is a "believable" leak.

Their is some context as to how the information was given to him, also, it isn't overly detailed or contain a multitude of information that only a handful of people possess (and can only make money if it's kept that way.) Though, there is no proof.

Let's just pretend it's real:

Hmm, this could mean several things by "which path will you take?"

1) Maybe you choose to be good, evil, or other.
2) Lumiose is the central hub of the region. Which supports different variations of the game. If so, the gym leader difficulty and order would be changed.
3) There are three different pokedexes. Perhaps you may choose the order to do the mountain, coastal, and central sub-regions. This goes along with the previous speculation.

Also, I hope 130+ is the number. It's not too small or big.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I actually believe this one. It sounds pretty accurate and looks like it is a mirror of Hoenn. However we still cannot yet prove it. I guess it be about 135 pokemon. Don't think it would be over 139 new ones though.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Perhaps there are more than one way to go when collecting your badges? All previous games had pretty much only one path you could pick in which you could get your badges, maybe this time around we get different variations? I don't know, that's just kinda what popped into my head when I read "which path will you take?"

As for the dex number, I'd be totally okay with 130-ish. It's more or less the number I was speculating at.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
There might be more than 8 badges and we get to pick which ones we will obtain.
I dont think that going evil will be an option in a Pokemon game.Maybe it has something to do with a Legendary.
Nobody says anything about the talk to Pokemon?

Back