• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

In your opinion who was the best girl to accompany Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
May, totally May... I had a anime crush on her when I was little and she was just the coolest and I love her hahah. I don't any more but she's still one of my favourite anime characters;)

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
May. I loved her character, she seemed like a perfect fit for Ash.
For funniest, I would say Misty.
Best trainer is hard to determine since 2 of them are coordinators and the other 2 stick to just one type of pokemon.

Years
May was (quite arguably) the best girl companion in the anime. Dawn was second best in my opinion. Why? Both were Contest trainers, influencing Ash's arsenal of tactics in his own battles. They also seemed (slightly) compatible with Ash, while Iris always calls him a kid (annoying after the first couple of times, btw). And what about Misty, you may ask? I haven't watched much of the original series so I can't make a statement about her and Ash. (I would've been 2-7 years of age when the first 5 seasons aired, and I don't have the time to watch a majority of the 250-something episodes that comprise it)

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
May. I loved her character, she seemed like a perfect fit for Ash.
For funniest, I would say Misty.
Best trainer is hard to determine since 2 of them are coordinators and the other 2 stick to just one type of pokemon.

Misty was so great. The heavy nature, red hair: D But it was funny how angry: D

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
May Definitely may..She was hot :3 and a good trainer and She had a blaziken

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Definitely May. I thought the way her outlook on Pokémon changed when she met Ash was awesome. Not to mention the motherly role she played when she took care of Max. I think May is the character that matured the most throughout her time with Ash. Her and Ash made a great team AdvanceShipping FTW and helped each other to become better in their respective competitions.

Misty was awesome too, but she was already matured to the point where there wasn't a whole lot of growing up for her to do. She's a close second, but didn't have the growth that May did throughout her journey.

Dawn was alright. She seemed kind of static to me and wasn't very funny or interesting. Also the "No need to worry", followed by some mistake got old pretty quickly as well. I didn't watch a whole lot of D/P so it's hard to judge.

I wanted to throw Iris off of a bridge after she said "You're such a kid!" for the 10th episode in a row. I heard she stopped saying that all the time, so maybe I'll go back and watch some more of B/W. Maybe.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
wut i didnt post here? Odd :/

Anyway, wut how are ppl choosing May over Misty? I mean, she had Drew :/

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm not at all sure what you're referring to, ExtremeGamer. This is a thread asking which main girl was the best in your eyes. I don't see how May "having" Drew makes her a less valid choice than Misty as best girl companion.

Years
Misty all the way. My first fictional crush as a kid, the probable beginning of my attraction to redheads xD She's tough and cute and athletic. I just like everything about her.

Having said all this, Misty is the only one I've followed from start to finish. Partly from growing up, partly from hating the voice-cast change, partly from growing tired of the endless quest for the same damn goal.

I'll comment on the other girls though.
May: Love her design, and from what I've seen of her in the show, she seems like a bit of a badass at times. Probably my second favourite.
Dawn: My least favourite. I don't like her design at all, her voice grates on me, ugh, I just don't like her.
Iris: My least favourite after Dawn. I like her in the games, and I like her design enough, she just irritates me in the show.

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
Misty was the one i grew up with <3 I don't have anything against the other girls... Iris is really starting to grow on me and after that would be May then Dawn

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Misty. But only because she uses Starmie. & I use Starmie because it kicks ass.

Like, How many water Pokemon can you name that can use moves like ThunderBolt.. Psychic.. Flash Cannon.. Grass Knot.

youcantseeme_17

WWE Champion
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
Misty, she had the fiery character and when Ash or Brock did something stupid she was the one who yelled at them, It was Ash who was the unexperienced Newbie and not the female...

And at the time I loved Pokemon was only because
Ash the trainer who wanted to become Pokemon master
Not
Ash and (Insert female main character) are traveling together because one wants to become Pokemon master but he always fails so we are adding a female character that reaches the top while Ash is makng more money for us in a new region

May, Dawn and Iris are tools for the fans to see someone have sucses and a well character devolepment and Ash just losing everything and keeps traveling to fail

Thats why I liked Misty she gave me the feeling that Ash would ever become a Pokemon master aslong as she isn't traveling with Ash he won't become a master..

You are so right. I'm hoping the next girl is more experienced than ash, and maybe even a gym leader.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I guess Misty !
It was because the Anime was more focus on Her Role rather then her goal .
That why She manage to create the appeal that no other girl couldn't create !

pokefan648

< I ate your giant meatball :3
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
i say misty she was so funny and i laughed in the first few seasons her big angry face covered the screen when she yelled at people lol. and i like alot of her pokemon. and she was the first girl to accompany ash. i think shes awesome. may is ok.... dawn needs to lose the hat..... iris needs a haircut.... XD just kidding lol i like them all but i think misty is the best. i know bianca didnt really accompany ash but really just ran into him all the time like jigglypuff and sometimes team rocket, but i still like her shes funny cuz shes alway like "excuse me! get out of the way!" WAM! *she knocks ash down* "oh my goodness are you ok?" but i think misty is the best.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
I am personally open minded but just to make sure just because I am so curious I watched ALL pokemon episodes up to the latest unova episodes just to look for "shipping" I based this off the actual facts(Anime Series, Manga, Movies some real life social stuff and the japanese anime standards) not just bandwagoning or who is the prettiest of the four

First of Misty, I know the phrase "nothing beats the original" that most pokeshippers there are trying to say but even though misty obviously loves ash, misty getting jealous and stuff but did you guys ever asked did ash like her back? ash is the kind of guy that doesn't really react to girls that much unlike characters like brock. Ash never really showed that he wants to take his close friendship with Misty a step further plus come to think of it misty and ash hardly have any common traits they always yell at each other not a good way to keep a relationship and Misty is definitely older than ash.... proof? would the pokemon league allow a girl that just turned 10 to be a gym leader? and what im saying is she has to be at least 11 other proofs is that she is obviously taller than ash to society's standards a shorter guy does not look pretty good she is also a tomboyish character. I love misty too but this is the most important proof that I have. On the final episodes of Master Quest in the johto saga before ash and misty parted ways as said that "I think it was destined for us to be friends and I will forever cherish you as my friend" so basically Misty was ya know FRIENDZONED PS: I cried when he said that and when misty left. She been through a lot more than the other girls and is one of ash's top choices but let's see what I found in the other female characters!

So Second May, I really thought that she was the one for ash! I was an Advanced shipper back then but as the Hoenn saga progressed I thought that she wasnt really like Misty that shows affection to ash and It totally pissed me off when she showed her first affections (like Blushing and deeply thinking about him etc..) to a guy named Drew. I just have to accept that she liked drew and drew definitely liked her back I wasnt really surprised if they where the ones that will end up with each other they even have their own shipping, the Constestshipping which is a first non Ash shipping so you know something is up. I noticed that she is holding her feelings for ash and puts him as just a friend especially when drew came in, I looked at it closely and I think drew and may really look good together. Even may in the sinnoh saga we still see drew keeping a close eye on may on her contests I thought that was really sweet. Again I "was" an advanceshipper and ashxmay is a bit blurry to me.

Third Dawn, When I first saw dawn I really didnt get the point of adding another nice looking girl in ash's companions but slowly I realized that she was different as a character to the previous ones she shared a very interesting bond to our hero ash that was never seen to the previous sagas and ash is actually responding back to a girl relationship wise the makers of pokemon also really made her very very beautiful compared to may, may looked plain(coming from a former May fan). She was made to be the girliest of all four which again on Japanese anime standards who ever shows the most attraction/appeal to the main character and only the main character (excluding older girls with more sexual appeal) of the opposite sex suggests that they will have something later on, Not just that they have their signature high five what ever you guys call it, closed ups on their hands making contact in anime standards thats a good sign to a male and a female character. It has been proven that pokemon react to their trainer's feelings just like bunery and pikachu. Dawn and Ash have a lot of close up together stuff like shoulder to shoulder close which is again never seen before not just that sometimes their faces are close to each other on some scenes. even In the pokemon movies shipping evidence between dawn and ash everywhere stuff like dawn's look at ash when he saved her in the darkrai one or the one where just dawn and ash where beside (close up on their faces) each other while tons of pink petals flying around and japanese see that as love between two characters. Was it a coincidence? it means that the creators are trying to show that THIS is the girl! honestly they look so good together of course thats just my opinoin people heve their own. the one thing that people might say against this idea is a guy named kenny(dawn's childhood friend), he really liked dawn from the start and OBVIOUSLY jealous of ash being around with dawn. He asked dawn to travel with her and leave ash's group even having a deal when he beats ash (ash not knowing this is going on), in the end he did beat ash BUT if dawn really wants to be with kenny she would be with ash in the sinnoh league cheering her head off. She left a note to kenny that she appriciated the offer but she just want to go with ash eventhough she said kenny looked kinda handsome when he beated ash but c'mon on a note? basically like breaking up on a text... how would you feel if a girl does that to you not saying it personally that just means she was just cheering you up not really any interest to you and we know dawn is not the character that will hurt the feelings of other people. So back to ash and dawn the japanese even made a dominos comercial about dawn and ash or aka Hikari and Satoshi where I was total shocker ash ACTUALLY made a move LOL he was holding Hikari(dawn) on her waist thats a plus for ash. Again I look for proofs here are more examples: they stare at each other, cute misunderstadings, seeing a lovedisk (prove of enternal love in the pokemon world) may and ash saw luvedisks too but its because of the presence of manaphy thae prince of water pokemon and being playful with each other stuff like waking ash up, poking him, bumping/pushing him and just being beside him 80% of the time when traveling on the road. I love them to end up together especially both parents on each side have the vote

Lastly Iris, Did you ever notice after 3 nice looking girls suddenly follow by a girl like Iris dont get me wrong I think Iris is cute but first glance people will think who is this annoying wild dark skinned girl (no racial terms) that has a huge purple hair!?!? I think Iris was made to stop the pokemon shipping because there are obviously too many girls now and pokemon creators doesnt want to lose focus on who is the leading lady which seems to be (again based on real facts and anime episodes) Dawn. Iris and ash dont really have much shipping moments they treat each other like siblings. Yes some people always have that annoying sister like the kind of character Iris is with her line "Ash! youre such a little kid". I really liked the way Iris' character builded up with ash and cilan and she seemed to like dawn being around unlike if she where misty jealosy is in the air basically not seeing dawn as competition which is no competition at all because ash and Iris are just friends purpose of traveling with Ash is just to learn from him on how he handles his pokemon a purpose similar to Cilan's

In conclusion but vote in on dawn again this based on painfully watching the whole pokemon series I still love Misty,May and Iris so that is my opinion hope you guys like it I am open to other's beliefs but nobody really knows YET who will ash be with :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I would evaluate in 4 different ways:

1) Beauty - May

2) Funniness - Irish

3) Niceness (With that I mean the one I would rather have as a friend) - Irish

4) (Please give reason to this) Trainer Skills - May, simply because she had blaziken, one of the strongest pokemon I have ever seen and she was the only girl to have taken her starter to final evolution. Plus, I believe Ash saw her as a competition since he seemed to try harder that season and in my opinion did accomplish much more than in any other.

I'm agree with you about May being the prettiest !
Which piss me off because Drew mange to conquer her right from Ash nose .
Its one of my reason why I desperately want Ash to score a girl who's cuter and hotter then May !

But I disagree with Iris being funniest !
That title goes to Misty !
I mean , What so fanny about Iris ???
Whenever a GAG happen she just make little face and Say ''What A Kid ! Such a Kid ''
And dam its over !
I mean Seriously , People want much more then just ''what a Kid'' Comment .
That What make Misty better .
Misty's reaction to every GAG is different !
Sometime She say something funny Or has a physical reaction Or Sometime resort to something like this-
072.jpg
205.jpg
215.jpg
173.jpg

Therefore , She manage to create much more Hilarious Moment then any other girl .
She was .......... Just the type of Girl the Anime needed !
Compare to that , Iris & her ''What a Kid'' Is just Boring

Last edited:
Years
I would say it's a tie between Misty and May for me. May because I'm Hoenn biased (Thanks to Emerald). Misty because she's the only one to knock some sense into overconfident Ash. I haven't watched Pokemon after Hoenn, but I've seen a few episodes of Diamond and Pearl. I haven't seen Unova though, so I don't really have much to say about Iris and Dawn.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
May is my favorite, she's matured the most out of any of the girls and has the best team. Venusaur, Blaziken, Glaceon? Tch, the other girls don't hold a candle to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back