• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Shining Waters and Hazing Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Fakemon To Be Revealed Soon
We will reveal several Fakemon associated with the hack on Friday, September 13th. Remember to check back for the release of these Fakemon! You may even see some new evolutions to old Pokemon ;D

Sorry for the mistake :/

Last edited:

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
Nice bw tiles. well, I kinda hate fakepkmn but it depends if they look cool and all :\
but good luck!

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2018
Looks interesting, i dont know how far along you are, but can you give us a heads up on whhat the prominent differences between the 2 versions shall be? The story section does not reveal a large amont of detail but you did mention that both versions would be very different in the intro section (excuse typos on phone lol)

Edit: Lol, I didn't notice the main post was updated, thanks Reshilegend for the heads up. Sounds interesting and can't wait to see how this all progresses, good luck guys keep at it!

Last edited:

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
This hack seems pretty good..The tiles are epic But you might want to change the OW Sprites..And Is it going to be only Fakemon or Pokemon and Fakemon?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
@Darkrai666

reshilegend said:
We'll change the overworld sprites eventually.

papayaperson said:
It'll be mostly fakemon, but a few original pokemon will be in it

We're still looking for many new team members including OW spriters, and maybe someone who can design/sprite protagonists. So new OWs will be there when we found someone for it.

Years
Progress Report
(Actual update begins on the third paragraph)
It's been a long time since we've updated this thread, so to all who are following the hack, thanks for being patient. We've been struggling finding team members that continue to respond, and so we've been unable to complete any scripting, and thus, we cannot present you with more screenshots yet :/ Our new member, Zoro, has begun working on scripts so we should start to see progress in that field. I'd expect to give (at the very least) two new screenshots by the end of September.​
As far as the rest of the hack goes, I'm happy with our progress :D. Considering how many consistent team members we have, we've made a very fair amount of progress with Mapping, the Pokedex, Fakemon, Sprites, and, of course, the Plot. We still lack progress in Music and Scripts so any help with those is needed. Now, since I'd hate to leave you all with absolutely no updates for such a long time, this update includes very small things about the game.​
For those of you that are wondering about whether or not there will be any original Pokemon featured in the game, the answer is yes! There will be several original Pokemon featured in the game's Pokedex, which, at the moment, has 125 confirmed entries. Some original Pokemon that are being featured include the Poliwag, Dunsparce, Drifloon, Starly, Carnivine, Munna, Lunatone & Solrock, Plusle & Minun, Magnemite, and Lapras. Keep in mind that these aren't simply random Pokemon; they each play a role in the story in some significant way. As for Fakemon now... We have several Fakemon that are being featured in the game. I do not want to reveal sprites or images until the 13th, like I had promised in an earlier update, but for those of you wondering, one of the new Pokemon is named Cryolite. It is a Rock/Psychic-type and is the Star Pokemon. Another is named Veilump. It is the shortest Pokemon in the game, and it is a Ground-type. More Fakemon and even more sprites are coming soon, but something else I will reveal is that most original Pokemon featured are going to have new additions to their evolutionary lines or similar additions. For those of you wishing to see more, the hacks deviantART page is accessible at http://pokemonswhf.deviantart.com/ and it features things that have not been revealed on this page, and we will continue to update it with exclusive content, so I suggest that those of you following the hack Watch our dA page. Please keep in mind that we are not artists, and we do not have any artists. The art is perfect.​
The next update is about Team Next, our hack's evil organization. Team Next is a rebellious group of workers from the NextClear Power Co., a company in Charpa that provides the entire region with clean, all-natural electricity. Their intent is to convert the company's electricity sources from all-natural sources to a type of nuclear power that would save them money and allow them to perform dangerous experiments using the waste of their energy production. This experimentation has led to the "discovery" of many new species of Pokemon. The goal of these experiments is not currently known to the citizens of Charpa, but more reports indicate that the experiments are causing many Pokemon to flee from their natural environments.​

That just about does it for this update! Thanks to anyone following the hack, I'll try to update the thread more regularly. Our next update is coming Friday, September 13th, and it may just be something evil ;D​

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Hm. The trees looks weird. Also the fake pokemon aren't that nice.
It could use a little work? Is this a complete fake pokemon hack?
Hope not.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Hm. The trees looks weird. Also the fake pokemon aren't that nice.
It could use a little work? Is this a complete fake pokemon hack?
Hope not.

The tree shading has been fixed, as well as some other tiles.
crystal_clear_water__tile_preview__by_pokemonswhf-d6h8z3j.png

Also I added transparent shadows for the houses.
Don't worry if you don't like these few Fakemon, in the final game there will be many more and we're trying our best to make them look good. If you (or anyone else) want to see more Fakemon, I'd suggest waiting for the Fakemon reveal (coming soon) or visiting our dA page. It's the link in my sig.
Nope, not completed. Otherwise there would be a download link.

Years
Well, this is it! Friday the 13th, the day riddled with misfortune from Jason xD IT also happens to be the day of our Fakemon reveal! We have removed certain sprites from the post temporarily, we will place them back in again once they have templates as well. We added a scetion featuring concept art, so that you can get an idea for certain Fakemon before we finalize the designs and make sprites. So, without further ado, welcome to our Fakemon reveal!

catenna_sprite_by_pokemonswhf-d6la25f.png
beadle_by_3d_papaya-d6d1ukh.png
salaqua_sprite_by_pokemonswhf-d6kd2fp.png
orslit_by_3d_papaya-d6kgvvg.png

Here I'm sure there are some familiar faces and some new. Like 1st gen, our game will have two early-game insects. Beadle has been shown already, and Catenna is new. Catenna is the Antenna Pokemon, and is a pure Bug-type, like Beadle. Catenna is exclusive to Shining Waters version while Beadle is exclusive to Hazing Flames version.
Salaqua is another new face. He is a Water-type Pokemon, and it is extremely rare. It only lives in two lakes of the Charpa region, and is in danger of extinction. It is commonly called the Walking Fish Pokemon.
Orslit has been featured on this thread for a while now. Orslit is a Ghost/Steel-type Pokemon, and it has the abilities of Lightningrod and Arena Trap. It is incredibly defensive and will not let anything near its home. It is known to be a ghostly Pokemon, and when seen, it is just a manifestation of this ghastly energy.

Now regarding the conceptual artwork! Please refer back to the original post to see these, I hate to post large images again...

The first Pokemon is called (as of right now) Leamuril. It is the Lemur Pokemon. It lives in the deciduous areas of Charpa. Its typing is fairly obvious.

Pippeck is our early-game bird Pokemon! It's a Normal/Flying-type.

The next design is a concept sketch of a Fakemon that is in the design process. We don't want to reveal a better sketch or the final design until the game is released, so just interpret this one however you chose to!

Scrabug is a Bug/Ground-type. It is the Pinch Pokemon and lives near beaches.

Draguard is a Dragon/Steel-type, and it lives in dark caves where it protects its young.

Shearise is a design in progress. It is the sweet Pokemon, and it is based on a cherry. It is a Grass/Fire-type, and it has the Ability Flash Fire or Levitate.

Well, that is it for now! We updated the thread today, so you can see some more information there now as well. Bye for now!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
In addition to the Fakemon reveal, here's the first full map revealed:

Spoiler:

The first route of the game. This map is pretty much final, I'm currently working on some adjustments for the "really tall grass" animation so that there will be 2 types of tall grass in the game. ;)

Again, if anyone wants to help with the hack, please let us know! New team members are needed in order to make sure the game progresses. Thanks everyone for reading!

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
The tree shading has been fixed, as well as some other tiles.
crystal_clear_water__tile_preview__by_pokemonswhf-d6h8z3j.png

Also I added transparent shadows for the houses.
Don't worry if you don't like these few Fakemon, in the final game there will be many more and we're trying our best to make them look good. If you (or anyone else) want to see more Fakemon, I'd suggest waiting for the Fakemon reveal (coming soon) or visiting our dA page. It's the link in my sig.
Nope, not completed. Otherwise there would be a download link.

Oh, It looks better now. (Of course, it should)
Anyways, the update. Well, I don't really like fake pokemons. (I hate them alot)
But aside that, I think it looks great. Rather, I'll be waiting for a full pledge update again.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021

Anyways, the update. Well, I don't really like fake pokemons. (I hate them alot)

There are also regular "real" Pokemon in the game so you'll have more options than just Fakemon. For example, as of now Starly and my Fakemon Pippeck are available in Route 1.

Years
Hi, my name is OPSdoesLPS, or SacredFireNegro on Youtube, but I do Pokemon Rom Hack Let's Plays and starting to do Pokemon Rom Hack Showcases and I was going around the forums looking for new and upcoming rom hacks and I saw this rom hack and after reading each little thing about the rom hack, I would like to be apart of any BETA test teams, or any news updates because there's A LOT of rom hacks and I can't stay up to date on them all.

DBKHD

Elite Saiyan
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2022
So, any update to this? This is looking pretty good so far.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Guys, please try to be patient. Now that we have a new scripter (welcome to the team ep!c) we'll try to make the game progress faster but we don't have unlimited free time, XY are coming out very soon and we don't want a rushed, horrible hack.
In the meanwhile how about some more feedback? What do you like about the game and what could be improved? We'll be reading all comments and maybe change a few things in the hack here and there, it depends on how people react.

To give you at least a few minor status updates because hey, it's better than nothing:

- Physical/Special split implemented
- BW2 repel system implemented
- Eggs now hatch at level 1
- Some new Fakemon sprites

Things we're planning to add in the near future:

- New OWs
- Fakemon backsprites & icons
- New evolutionary stones
- And of course plenty of scripts.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
Hey if i "design" a fakemon you will think of adding him??
Sorry for poor english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back