• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The CoD isn't as large lately, mainly because the fandom for the games hasn't been as...audacious, and thus it hasn't had the biggest effect on the industry as of late. Which is good, methinks. If the sales for the game stabilize then it really shouldn't have any effect on other games, and I've noticed that lately gamers have had less biased views on what they're interested in, especially in terms of Western gamers and Japanese games.

And all of this is good. I'm fine with annual CoD as long as the sales aren't as high as they were during the post-MW era. I mean, I personally don't play the games, haven't played since MW1, so the annuals could possibly be getting worse and worse, but that's always a call to innovate.

Years
I completely agree with you. Hopefully this will give other good FPS games a chance to stand out more and increase in popularity, because there are quite a few that deserve it. I think that Battlefield will start to rise quite soon, because it has been recently, and it's fanbase is growing. Same with games such as Borderlands 2, they deserve more popularity, there are a number of people that play it and they love it. Both of my examples are of popular games, but you don't see that much gameplay of it on YouTube, CoD is everywhere. Hopefully as the fanbase starts to lose it's touch, YouTubers will realize that there is opportunity with games such as BF and BL and more people will want to buy it.

TY

Indeed... If i go through my friends list on my PS3, i barely see anyone play a game like BF or BL... Its always CoD or FIFA. However i can understand both, since they can be fun. But the communities just ruin everything... If CoD had a good single player i wouldnt be so negative about it, but MW1 was the last CoD that had a decent single player.

Also the huge ammount of people (not only little kids) complaining you use a sniper they way you actually should use it is ridiculous...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
And hopefully, the decreasing popularity of CoD would help wear down the Modern Military Shooter fad that's been going around this past couple of years, and we'll finally have more colorful and unrealistic/creative FPS games like Borderlands 2.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
And hopefully, the decreasing popularity of CoD would help wear down the Modern Military Shooter fad that's been going around this past couple of years, and we'll finally have more colorful and unrealistic/creative FPS games like Borderlands 2.

This ... there definitely should be some creative shooters out there rather than pseudo-modern shooters that draw in hungry kids to shoot some pixels and complain when they get shot. I'm not saying CoD is comprised of only that, but I think there should be more room for those fancy shooters out there. I wanna see more sci-fi shooters!!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Sci-fi shooters would be great. I'm starting to get tired since most FPS CoD are from World War. I plan on getting BF3 and BL2 soon. Are those worthy of being bought? I'd like to get some more critics on them before actually buying them.

Years
Battlefield is a game where you have to play it quite a bit to be good at it. The maps are generally quite big, the time for one game to finish can be very long, more than half an hour for the majority of games I've played. A lot of teamwork is required, because the general team sizes are quite large and enemies tend to stick around in groups so going solo will normally result in imminent death. If you like realism in FPS games, Battlefield is your go to game, it even has vehicles in most maps. Borderlands 2 I would recommend to anyone. There is a lot of action, customization, upgrades and hours of fun. The campaign is definitely not short and it is a game you can get easily hooked to.

TY

I agree with Pave Low... BF3 is a game full of realism and destroyable stuff... I like it but the update times were so long i quitted it.
Borderlands 2 is so much fun. You have different characters with different skills, a level up system for your characted, level based guns and equipment, and loot sorted by rarity... This game will consume a lot of time if you plan to hunt down the rarest weapons.

Years
All Battlefield games were brilliant, in my opinion. I remember playing BF2 and 1942, big, big games and BF3 came and it got bigger. There is so much action on BF3 though it really gets you involved, calls you into action. I think it's the second best FPS of late, with Borderlands 2 ahead. Honestly, those 2 over CoD any day.

TY

Indeed. I loved killing people in BF:BC2 by just blowing up a house till it collapses, it was my favorite way to kill enemies. As for BF3, there are guns i do like a lot, like the F2000 and G36C.

Borderlands 2 is a game with a lot of different weapons with prefixes so its impossible to find your fave weapon as there are million other versions of it. But the legendary, pearlescent and unique weapons do have the same name, and i LOVE the Unkempt Harold... Such a powerful pistol.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Yeah idk i think BO2 wasnt that surprising, but it wasnt bad, rly. Also I like the online in Bo2. But gotta admit, BF2 is so much beter than CoD.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Wasn't BF3 considered to be the worst of the series due to EA stripping out all the features and content that made the first two good in order to cash in with the CoD bandwagon?

Years
Well, yes and no to that, in my opinion. They did remove some good features of the game, however the game still feels as it should. They've done well in keeping it a Battlefield game rather than being more shifted towards the CoD side, because when you play the game, at least for me, there is a distinct difference between it and CoD. You get the same sort of "vibe" in this game as you do with all the other games in the series, and there definitely a lot similarities than there are differences between them.

TY

Something i missed in BF3 is making buildings collapse, killing everyone who was in the structure... I loved doing that in BF:BC2 and they still have the destructible area in BF3, but not the collapsing houses... and that is a shame...

Years
Ahh yes, the collapsing buildings and houses was something that was missed. But then again, in maps that have more buildings there are more vehicles, so to speak, and there would be a lot more people running out in the open knowing that one or two shots from a tank/jet etc. could wipe them and possibly a few teammates out if they were in a building. That's the only real disadvantage there is it, though, otherwise the collapsing buildings added more realism, made it more fun and we were more cautious when playing, getting us involved in the game more.

TY

I once got 6 kills in BF:BC2 cause of a collapsing house... But BF3 had jets and i couldnt fly them at all, resulting into crashing them into tanks and enemies and my allies raging at me for wasting a jet...

Years
Yep, that's a downside to BF players. They expect you to be able to know everything and do everything and if you don't they will rage at you. It's best to start off playing with friends, being together, getting to know everything better and then you will start making more friends than enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back