• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Legendary beasts or birds?

Birds or beasts!

• Bird trio of Kanto

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Beast trio of Johto

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I know some call them legendary dogs but we'll call them beasts here because that works!

Do you like the bird trio of Kanto more, or the beast trio of Johto? Remember to state a reason for your opinion in a post!

1303080932_9096_full.jpeg

1619652-pkmn___art__legendary_beasts.png

Last edited:

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
definitely birds!!! flying that is the thing that gives the birds the win!!! I dream of riding a Moltres... I'd also like to challenge an Articuno rider or a Zapdos rider to races... anything capable of flying wins!!! especially if I can ride them!!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I actually prefer the beasts. As beautiful as I think Articuno is, I think the designs of the Johto monsters are more interesting and equally cool. Raikou is my particular favorite. I like the story of their origins and goals (especially Suicune's) and that they are pure typed.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I'm not generally a huge fan of bird pokémon, but the bird trio are by far my favourite trio (the lake trio of Sinnoh coming in second). I think they're all very well designed pokémon, and interesting to use in battle too. The beast trio, while all somewhat pretty, lack something in their design for me (Suicune being something of an exception, but then I have something of an irrational love for Water pokémon). They're also terribly bland in battle, with somewhat restrictive uses. I'll give the beasts that their "story" is quite interesting, but unfortunately that doesn't make up for them being so lacking in every other area I care for.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
I'd say that I like the legendary beasts more don't hurt me! mainly because Entei was the first legendary I had the patience to catch and not just attack till' it fainted xD It's just that I find their overall designs more pleasing. But if I could choose a certain species of them, it'd be a tie between Suicune and Articuno :p One is too awesome and the other is too gorgeous :]

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
Birds fo sho. Articuno was the first legendary I ever caught, and the second I raised to level 100.

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
I like the bird trio more as they are not hit by ground attacks.But otherwise both the trios are equally good.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
Beasts all the way. Suicune is one of my favorite Pokémon, Raikou's been growing on me recently, and Entei....is Eh. I've never really found myself liking the birds, or their master, Lugia, all that much. And yes, I saw the movie. To be honest, they didn't seem all that powerful or cool in my opinion. The beast's appearance in the 13th movie, however, was awesome, and their showdown with Zoroark was remarkable. I chose the beasts.

Years
I've always preferred the legendary birds of Kanto to the legendary dogs/beasts of Johto. Not only do the legendary birds have the added bonus of having uno, dos and tres in their names, but having an Articuno that can learn both Mind Reader and Sheer Cold is one of my favorite move combinations that can't be learned by any other Pokemon.

Years
Looks like I evened out the poll again, wheeee. n~n I prefer the beasts since they have a really great back story and a slightly better design. The birds are great as well and I love them a lot, but the beasts and their history really get me.

Sirfetch’d

Out of all of them I LOVE Articuno the most however, when picking a trio I would say I prefer the Beast more. All 3 are well designed and just amazing to use. They were one of the highlights of GSC running around to catch them. Also super fun to catch and use in Colosseum.

Years
Although Johto is my favorite region, I'm inclined to choose the legendary birds. I think mostly from the nostalgia. I have strong memories of tracking them down in my Red/Blue Versions. It was a close call. They only beat the beasts by a little, in my own opinion.

Years
The birds for me. Partly because I love real birds, and if it wasn't for bugs, they'd probably be my big thing in Pokemon. But also, I just like their designs more than the dogs.

TheCollector

Merely a collector
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2014
The birds without a doubt. Ability to fly for once, plus Zapdos was the first Pokémon that really made me go "omg wtf this is so kewl!!!!1elevenone".

Back