• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Physical or digital?

Physical Copy or Digital Copy?

• Physical Copy

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Digital Copy

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I voted for digital but I think it really depends on the situation. For example, I'd rather put songs in my Laptop then rather buying an entire CD since there might be some songs I won't like but on the other hand if you want to watch a Movie through your TV then obviously you'll need a psychical copy. Even for Video Games you'll most likely need to buy the physical copy for that but since things are getting more advanced maybe you wont need to buy games in the future. But it just feels awesome to have a physical copy since you can claim it as yours.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Why would I buy something physically if I can get it for free digitally?

I love you for this. That quote pretty much sums up my thoughts though, free is the best thing ever. And because it's digital I can transfer it between my many electronic devices.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
It depends. When it comes to music, I'm all digital. It's easier to just have it all stored on a computer than to have a disc. Plus, if your hard drive goes bad, you just have to redownload it once you solve that problem. If you lose a disc, you're out of luck and have to buy a new one.

When it comes to movies and games (minus PC games), I usually go physical. High Definition movies and games are usually above 4GB, and with my internet speed, it's just easier to purchase a physical copy. It would take me upwards of 10 hours to download an 8GB game, and when I want to buy a game, I want to buy and play. Not buy and wait. However, with the new feature in the next-gen consoles where you can play as you download, I might just go all digital on everything.

Years
Why would I buy something physically if I can get it for free digitally?

Free games? I'd love to know where I can get those.

Or are you talking about something different? I don't get it but I can go all-out dumb sometimes so there must be something I'm missing.

Back