Meet & Greet New forum users, start here! Introduce yourself to the community, welcome your fellow members, and discover all of the cool things you can do around PokéCommunity.

Closed Thread

Old August 5th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
  • Administrator
  • Silver Tier

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0wChas3r View Post
Just joined a half hour ago, and after briefly researching the rules and guidelines to the site. I finally made an introduction thread, and posted in a few other locations. I'm used to vBulletin sites, so most of this is pretty easy for me to understand.

Just figured I'd say hello, especially to my fellow newcomers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeMasterSinarian View Post
Hey. I am new to this forum, but have been a pokemon veteran for years. The reason that i am finally posting is because i have finally created the ultimate pokemon. Through months of work breeding pokemon, i finally did the impossible. I created a Spiritomb with the Wonderguard ability. And now, since i still have its parents, i can hopefully make more. And just to be clear to those who don't know. Spiritomb with its ghost/dark typing has no weaknesses. With Wonderguard it is immune to all but weather and status moves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperhat545 View Post
Hey guys. I've just joined PC yesterday, and am really enjoying this site. I'm so happy to be apart of a warm and welcoming community and can't wait to get more and more involved :)
Hey lovelies! Welcome to the forum and glad you're all enjoying it so far. <3 Congrats on the Wonderguard Spiritomb, Sinarian! That's really impressive and I honestly didn't even know it could have that ability.

. pair family twin mal lv llsif .

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 5th, 2013 (10:32 AM).

Thanks for the welcome Cirno. And as for Spiritomb, it's all about taking a long slow breeding route with compatible pokemon until you get the ability to the right egg group. Or you just get lucky. Whatever works right?
    Old August 5th, 2013 (11:06 AM).
    The Pokémon Master

Nature: Quiet
      A Spiritomb with wonder guard.. sounds hard to beat, haha. Well, thanks for the welcome, Cirno.I'm glad to feel so welcome on this site
      Old August 5th, 2013 (11:31 AM).

Yeah Paperhat, try impossible to beat.
        Old August 5th, 2013 (11:49 AM).
        The Pokémon Master

Quote:
          Yeah Paperhat, try impossible to beat.
          Well, it would be hard to beat, but not impossible. That is, unless your Spiritomb is immune to poisoning, in which toxic would be able to whittle it down. Same goes for will-o-wisp. And if a Pokemon with the ability Mold Breaker were on the field, your Pokemon's wonder guard woul be negated. Also I heard that Fire Fang could break through Wonder Guard, though I don't know if that is true or not. I believe some moves, such as Seismic Toss, or Night Shade would also be aable to break through your wonder guard.

Impossible to beat? I think not.
          Old August 5th, 2013 (11:58 AM). Edited August 5th, 2013 by Aeroblast.
          • Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
          Sorry to burst your bubble, PokeMasterSinarian, but Spiritomb with Wonder Guard is not a legitimate combination, therefore it is hacked.
          Old August 5th, 2013 (12:29 PM).
          Casual Fan

Hello everyone, I'm jakelikescake, and I have to admit I'm really bad at online forums, or any online community where users chat with one another. Other users usually end up disliking me after awhile. Kinda how it goes IRL too. It's normally because I state my opinion no matter what. Even when I know other users will hate my opinion. I'll give online forums another shot though!
            Old August 5th, 2013 (12:29 PM).

It is not hacked. I simply spent a long time moving the ability from one pokemon to the next and from one egg group to the next. It all started when a buddy of mine traded me a female shedinja. I didn't ask where he got it, but from that point on i went to work, and legitimately bred a Spiritomb with Wonderguard. As for mold breaker i have a strategy for beating that every time. I lnow it's not truely invincible, but it is closer than anyone else legitimately has.
              Old August 5th, 2013 (12:34 PM).
              The Pokémon Master

Also, a Pokemon who knows the move Skill Swap will give your Spiritomb a hard time. It is pretty impressive, though, that you got a Pokemon like this legitimately. What version do you have it on?
                Old August 5th, 2013 (12:34 PM).
                git gud or get r e k t
                • PokéCommunity Daily
                • Crystal Tier
                • Social Media

Nature: Brave
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jakelikescake View Post
                Hello everyone, I'm jakelikescake, and I have to admit I'm really bad at online forums, or any online community where users chat with one another. Other users usually end up disliking me after awhile. Kinda how it goes IRL too. It's normally because I state my opinion no matter what. Even when I know other users will hate my opinion. I'll give online forums another shot though!
                I know the feeling. But you don't have to worry about people like that though. ;3 Usually our Debate section here in the forums is a lot more of a friendly debate rather than HARDCORE "OMG UR OPINION SUX" debate. Glad to see you're giving forums another chance, especially since you just joined PC! <3 Welcome aboard! Have a wonderful time and hope things go well for you :)

discord ~ blog ~ steam ~ daily
                I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
                Old August 5th, 2013 (12:40 PM).
                • Administrator
                • Silver Tier

Quote:
                I agree with Meganium! You probably won't have to worry much about that here. :D I find PC to be one of the more accepting forums out there. So honestly, don't let it bother you and just get postin'! Let me (or another moderator) know if we can help you in some way and have fun~

. pair family twin mal lv llsif .
                Old August 5th, 2013 (12:44 PM). Edited August 5th, 2013 by PokeMasterSinarian.

Quote:
                  Also, a Pokemon who knows the move Skill Swap will give your Spiritomb a hard time. It is pretty impressive, though, that you got a Pokemon like this legitimately. What version do you have it on?
                  I have it on White version and plan to move it to x and y when they come out.

Quote:
                  Also unless my opponent also had a spiritomb that had skill swap their pokemon would have a weakness i can exploit.
                  Old August 5th, 2013 (1:00 PM).
                  • Platinum Tier

Quote:
                  It is not hacked. I simply spent a long time moving the ability from one pokemon to the next and from one egg group to the next. It all started when a buddy of mine traded me a female shedinja. I didn't ask where he got it, but from that point on i went to work, and legitimately bred a Spiritomb with Wonderguard. As for mold breaker i have a strategy for beating that every time. I lnow it's not truely invincible, but it is closer than anyone else legitimately has.
                  I'm not trying to be mean, but unless you're cheating with some sort of device, getting a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard is impossible as Spiritomb can only have Pressure as its normal ability or Infiltrator as its hidden ability. Unless you share the method with us, it's impossible to prove that you haven't cheated or hacked somewhere along the way.
                  Old August 5th, 2013 (1:14 PM).

I took my friends female shedinja and bred it with pokemon with multiple egg groups and continued this until i reached spiritomb's egg group and then used a female spiritomb and the result of all of the breeding, which SHALL remain secret) to get a Spiritomb with Wonderguard. To tell you the truth, i never thought it would work, and it hasn't repeated. The other 3 eggs i had are just normal spiritombs. Call it a fluke, a glitch, or breeding skill. The point is that it happeded and i didn't cheat. My friend might have with the shedinja female, but i never did.
                    Old August 5th, 2013 (10:16 PM).
                    see meee?
                    • Platinum Tier
                    • EOEvent Organizer

Nature: Quirky
                    Quote:
                    And a big hello from me too Jake, welcome!

Nice to see you giving forums another go, and given PC's large size you'll probably stick around for ages. I'm always happy to get to know you so pop down by my profile anytime and leave me a visitor message, or if you need help you can ask Cirno (or another staff member) and I'm sure they can assist you with anything. Hope to see you around!
                    Old August 6th, 2013 (12:31 AM).
                    • Platinum Tier

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
                    And a big hello from me too Jake, welcome!

Nice to see you giving forums another go, and given PC's large size you'll probably stick around for ages. I'm always happy to get to know you so pop down by my profile anytime and leave me a visitor message, or if you need help you can ask Cirno (or another staff member) and I'm sure they can assist you with anything. Hope to see you around!
                    Pretty much this, i'm always open to new users as well, and PokeCommunity is a lot nicer and more patient than other places on the web, the moderators and staff actually do their job and members who are here to troll/abuse others get banned quickly if they don't learn their lesson! Everyone is super nice, unlike some other forums I've been on, so you should be fine
                    Also Jake, here's some cake:

mmmmm, I want some... Although Hikari's Swirlix would be a tasty treat as well!
                    Old August 6th, 2013 (8:57 AM).
                    • Platinum Tier

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by O07_eleven View Post

mmmmm, I want some... Although Hikari's Swirlix would be a tasty treat as well!
                    The cake... is a lie.

Sorry, I just had to.
                    Old August 7th, 2013 (6:53 AM).

Nature: Naive
                      I'm Umbra

My favorite Pokemon is Tyrogue. Then Sneasel and then Espeon. Umbreon is around#15 for me but I based my name off of it because of a conversation I had on Facebook.
                      Nice to meet you all.
                      Old August 7th, 2013 (7:42 AM).
                      git gud or get r e k t
                      • PokéCommunity Daily
                      • Crystal Tier
                      • Social Media

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by 13Umbra View Post
                      I'm Umbra

My favorite Pokemon is Tyrogue. Then Sneasel and then Espeon. Umbreon is around#15 for me but I based my name off of it because of a conversation I had on Facebook.
                      Nice to meet you all.

I will admit that Tyrogue is pretty adorable in the anime! :3 And UMBREON :D I love that Eeveelution so much! <3 Nice to meet you too and welcome to the PokeCommunity! I know you'll have a wonderful time and hope things go well for you :D

Old August 7th, 2013 (10:20 AM).
                      Student Linguist

Nature: Quirky
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post

I will admit that Tyrogue is pretty adorable in the anime! :3 And UMBREON :D I love that Eeveelution so much! <3 Nice to meet you too and welcome to the PokeCommunity! I know you'll have a wonderful time and hope things go well for you :D
                        Tyrogue scares me sometimes haha! His face can be very serious :o But the Pokemon that probably scares me the most is Hitmonlee, he just stares at you with his huge eyes...kind of like an evil mister Potato Head .
                        Old August 7th, 2013 (11:05 AM).
                        So shiny!

Hello everyone~
                          I just joined a little while ago and I saw this thread so I thought I'd drop in to chat.
                          Have to go in a few minutes so if I poof, sorry.
                          Old August 7th, 2013 (11:15 AM).
                          git gud or get r e k t
                          • PokéCommunity Daily
                          • Crystal Tier
                          • Social Media

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Normal Spirit View Post
                          Tyrogue scares me sometimes haha! His face can be very serious :o But the Pokemon that probably scares me the most is Hitmonlee, he just stares at you with his huge eyes...kind of like an evil mister Potato Head :P.
                          I agree with Hitmonlee. It's missing a mouth. My favorite of the Hitmo-volutions is Hitmonchan. Punching ftw. xD

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by HeyLoro View Post
                          Hello everyone~
                          I just joined a little while ago and I saw this thread so I thought I'd drop in to chat.
                          Have to go in a few minutes so if I poof, sorry.
                          If you need to poof, no need to be sorry for that! We'll be waiting for you when you come back and have all the free time in your hands. Let me take the time to welcome you to the forums! <3

Old August 7th, 2013 (12:34 PM).

Hey everyone my name is Pharaoh 721 and I'm new here, I also have a youtube channel under the same name! Instead of calling me Pharaoh you could just say Pharaoh
                            Old August 7th, 2013 (12:39 PM).
                            • Platinum Tier
                            • GTGet-Together Event Management
                            • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Jolly
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Pharaoh721 View Post
                            Hey everyone my name is Pharaoh 721 and I'm new here, I also have a youtube channel under the same name! Instead of calling me Pharaoh you could just say Pharaoh
                            Hey Pharaoh, welcome. to PC! if you don't mind me asking, what was your motive in joining us? Just a little curious.. Anyways hope you really have a good time here! My name is Zach and it's nice to meet you!
                            Old August 7th, 2013 (1:12 PM).
                            So shiny!

I have returned from another wonderful adventure~
                              Closed Thread
                              Quick Reply

Sponsored Links