• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
*I've already done my own Tropius
*I've already done my own Medicham back
*Personally I think Armaldo looks a bit too small, what percentage did you resize it at? If I take the Armaldo sprite from the master sheet and resize it at 88%, it still fits in 64x64, yet somehow manages to look bigger than your sprite
*there's a smoothness error on Cradily's head, and the tentacle things just look kinda weird to me
*Mantine sprites accepted
*Feraligatr sprite accepted

I also resized the Armaldo at 88%. It's definitely the right size.
I just tested it again and it aligns perfectly with the one I've sent you,
which is 64x59.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
I've redone Meganium's back sprite. The front sprite is still the same

Meganium_zps9c5daa2e.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2013
Sorry, but you used the HG/SS sprite, and the Master Sheet clearly has the B/W sprite of Scyther on it. And there are way too many problems with your outlines, it looks like you did a really rush job.

Yeah,i like the HG/SS sprite more,and i knew there were errors,it's my 1st try and i suck at doing that things

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
This is all going very well with the sprites, and the fact that the community is really contributing is awesome. So, I've decided to throw in my two cents with the fronts and shiny fronts of three Pokémon:

Groudon:
Spoiler:

Kyogre:
Spoiler:

Rayquaza:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Ah, nice. I should be uploading 1-2 Pokemon tomorrow. ^^

EDIT:
Eh, here's Gardevoir. I might of just failed on the backsprite. :/
GardevoirFront.png
GardevoirBack.png

Last edited:
Years
adipasa, there will be an update at some point, just be patient. Spriting isn't as easy as it looks, and Chaos and all the contributors have lives outside of Pokemon too. School is just about to start where I live, so maybe they're preoccupied with that, or other things.

adipasa

Amateur Hacker
Years
adipasa, there will be an update at some point, just be patient. Spriting isn't as easy as it looks, and Chaos and all the contributors have lives outside of Pokemon too. School is just about to start where I live, so maybe they're preoccupied with that, or other things.
Ok :) Thanks for the information :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Is There any update :( ??
I've been busy with real life stuff. And the last update was less than a week ago...

EDIT: @Retribution: I can't use any of your backsprites, because you resized the D/P backsprites instead of the Platinum/HG/SS ones. The reason why it matters is because the Pt/HG/SS backsprites have much better shading:
D/P backsprites: http://veekun.com/static/pokedex/downloads/diamond-pearl-back.png
Plat. backsprites: http://veekun.com/static/pokedex/downloads/platinum-back.png
I pointed out pretty clearly in the guidelines that the backsprites MUST be from HG/SS, not the crappy D/P ones. So, I'm afraid I can't use any of your contributions, except maybe Vaporeon and Flareon's backsprites simply because they were the only Eeveelutions that didn't get improved backsprites in Platinum.'

EDIT:
@dreamengine
@atif
Both of your contributions are "accepted", but for Gardevoir I will simply inspect and choose which one I like better.

@LCCoolJ95: Sorry, but you completely changed the proportions, which I don't want. And you didn't use the Kyogre sprite from the Master Sheet. Please read the Helping Guidelines, which I linked to in my signature.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
About ~10 more Hoenn Pokemon have been added, as well as Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom, Meganium, Croconaw, Feraligatr, and Houndour.

Right now I'm going to focus on Kanto Pokemon so I can progress on my hack. I will still save all of your contributions, but chances are, most Johto and Hoenn Pokemon will be updated slowly.

Also next update will see a few Unova Pokemon getting new/modified backsprites.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
@LCCoolJ95: Sorry, but you completely changed the proportions, which I don't want. And you didn't use the Kyogre sprite from the Master Sheet. Please read the Helping Guidelines, which I linked to in my signature.
Wait...what? OK, the Kyogre one makes sense, I wasn't using the Master Sheet. But Groudon and Rayquaza? Are you being serious right now? The "Master Sheet" front sprites are the exact same sprites as B/W. At least I attempted doing the front sprites. No one else is going to do them, because they're big and challenging to do.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Wait...what? OK, the Kyogre one makes sense, I wasn't using the Master Sheet. But Groudon and Rayquaza? Are you being serious right now?
yes I'm being serious lol.

The "Master Sheet" front sprites are the exact same sprites as B/W.
Yeah I know that... if you read what I said carefully, you'll notice that I only mentioned Kyogre:
And you didn't use the Kyogre sprite from the Master Sheet.
I don't see the word "Groudon" or "Rayquaza" in there.

Here's the problem with your sprites:
*You resized Groudon at a different ratio horizontally and vertically. I specifically said in the guidelines that this is not allowed. It's really obvious, because it looks squished, and I checked too
*You used the wrong Kyogre sprite
*You resized Rayquaza at a different ratio horizontally and vertically. I said in the guidelines that it's not allowed. This is what I meant by "completely changed the proportions".

Here's why I know that you didn't read the guidelines at all:
*You submitted the front and shiny sprite. I said in the guidelines that I don't want shiny sprites, I just want front and back.
*You resized the sprites at different ratios horizontally and vertically, and you squished them, altering their proportions. In my tutorial I showed exactly how I resize my sprites, using Ninetales as an example. It's clear that you didn't read it, since I pointed out very clearly that you're supposed to set the horizontal and vertical resize rates at the exact same number, which you didn't do, because your sprites are squished, and aren't proportionate to the original sprites.

In case you weren't able to find the guidelines, here it is:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7748542&postcount=503
I already linked to it in the first post and my signature, so I don't see how you were able to miss this. It is a requirement that you read the guidelines before submitting, as there is a high quality standard in this project, and I follow all of these guidelines myself.

At least I attempted doing the front sprites. No one else is going to do them, because they're big and challenging to do.
Yeah but they're not challenging for me at all. Like, honestly I don't care if "no one else is going to do them", because then that means I get to do it, which means I don't have to worry about it looking bad. I think I've already established that I'm more than capable of doing them myself, if no one wants to do them. Considering how I've already done Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Origin Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, etc... yeah, the Weather Trio will definitely be a challenge... /sarcasm

MrDollSteak

Years
At least I attempted doing the front sprites. No one else is going to do them, because they're big and challenging to do.

Lol. Even if no one wanted to do them because they were 'big and challenging', Chaos could do it.
I'd also like to point out that most of the contributors have already resized sprites that were 'big and challenging'

To be honest going from general proportions, every backsprite is resized at 80% whereas, Groudon being 77x74 would in fact only be resized at say 83%. A slight difference I know, but it's more or less the same task.

EDIT: I've completely redone the Regi's now. The front sprites are all resized to 86%.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

gunzy1

Ex Spriter
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Great work on this project so far, been wonderin if anyone else found poorly resized/pixelated sprites a killjoy for otherwise well done hacks.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
So yeah last time I said that the next update will have some updated backsprites for a couple Unova Pokemon but I lied and felt like doing more Kanto Pokemon instead, so yeah feel free to get mad at me but nothing will happen :D

All made by me, except Steelix:
Paras (if you think the colors are weird then why don't you go look at the official art)

Parasect (if you think the colors are weird then why don't you go look at the official art)

Venomoth

Golduck

Poliwhirl

Poliwrath

Politoed

Kadabra

Machoke

Machamp (if you think the colors are weird then why don't you go look at the official art)

Weepinbell

Victreebel

Graveler

Golem (if you think the colors are weird then why don't you go look at the official art)

Haunter

Gengar

Steelix, credit to 11bayerf1 (if you think the colors are weird then why don't you go look at the official art)

Slowbro

Slowking

Gyarados

Vaporeon

Jolteon

Flareon

Espeon

Umbreon

Fun fact: All Eeveelution fronts were resized at 90%, including the Leafeon and Glaceon sprites that I did over a year ago.

EDIT: I've completely redone the Regi's now. The front sprites are all resized to 86%.
Spoiler:
Great job, accepted.

@Retribution: I ended up not using any of your sprites at all, because you resized the D/P backsprites instead of the Plat/HG/SS ones. The Pt/HG/SS backsprites has much better shading on them.

EDIT: Also, I've added to the end of the first post a list of sprites that have been accepted by me, but not yet posted. I'll post the current list here as well:
Spoiler:

If you submitted a sprite and you don't see it in that list or the actual resource, it means that I chose not to accept it for whatever reason. I went through every submission, so no questions please :) This list is simply to check what sprites have already been done by other people that I've accepted, so then people won't submit sprites that someone else already did.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Great job, accepted.

Thanks! That batch of sprites is looking fantastic, I particularly like Gyarados and Machamp.
Great work getting those front sprites in.

I've just done Lairon and Glalie. Glalie I resized to the same ratio as Froslass which I believe
was 89%, whereas Lairon I resized to 91%. The DPPTHGSS sprites were all 53x45, whereas
Lairon in BW became 58x49 so I shrunk it back to what it was in Gen 4. The poses are pretty
similar so it may look like the Gen 4 sprites, but there are a few key differences, mainly the feet
and spines, and of course shading!

Spoiler:

I'll try redoing Cradily and Armaldo again. Though I'm sure that the Armaldo I'd already done
aligns with the Armaldo from the master sheet when resized to 88%.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
omg Haunter and Gengar EEEEEEEEEE

Anyway, I will attempt Quagsire's backsprite at some point. Just not now, I'm too lazy xD

p37poyF.png

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I love the sprites. Hey, I have a question, if you don't mind. Why do you use the official art and not the palette of the original sprite? Do you want to keep the legitimacy of the Pokémon?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I love the sprites. Hey, I have a question, if you don't mind. Why do you use the official art and not the palette of the original sprite? Do you want to keep the legitimacy of the Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back