• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long have you played?

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I have started playing properly since 2012 when I had Pokemon White, although I did briefly play Pokemon Yellow and Pinball about 12 years ago, until my Game Boy Color stopped working. Don't know what happened during my absence of Pokemon playing. I must've lost interest or something like that. ~_~

consider it a vacation lol.

Elixir.

Fly Away
Years
I played since Fire Red and Leaf Green were released in late 2004. They're still are some of my favorite games of all time.

Years
The role playing games were the last ones I got into - I couldn't play them until I saved up enough money to buy a gameboy and one of the games, and since I was a kid, it took me a couple years of doing craft fairs with my sisters. I was finally able to buy them when I was nine, so I've been playing for nine years.

For a long time before that, though, I played the Nintendo 64 games - my favorites were Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium. I believe that I started playing those at age five, so I've been playing some kind of pokemon game for thirteen years.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
I bought the Base Deck from the TCG at around 98'? And thought I was the king when my friend gave my all 3 of the original starters, along with a spare Machamp and Gyarados. On that Red flex yo, Blastoise was the one. My first video game was Gold in 2000ish, and I haven't looked back since then.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I started playing when R/B first came out in the US... I was 10 or 11 at the time (old lady over here). So I've been playing for 15-16 years! I haven't really taken a break, either, though I did slow down quite a bit starting in college. I wish I had more time to play. I started playing a bit more recently, though.

It's crazy how long it's been! I don't think (aside from other video games) I've stuck with any other hobby this long :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I started playing when R/B first came out in the US... I was 10 or 11 at the time (old lady over here). So I've been playing for 15-16 years! I haven't really taken a break, either, though I did slow down quite a bit starting in college. I wish I had more time to play. I started playing a bit more recently, though.

It's crazy how long it's been! I don't think (aside from other video games) I've stuck with any other hobby this long :)

lol you are old? i turn 24 in a few days lol. i am the one that is old.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I've been playing since Christmas Eve 1998.
I got red!
My starter was Charmander.

15 years later. . .
Still playing!

oh and I'm 28 now!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I got Red, along with a Game Boy at 8 years old. I'll be turning 23 in November.
So 23 - 8 = 15 years playing Pokemon :D That's...a long time, and that does not include my hiatuses & stuff. I'm really glad to see that Pokemon has stuck with me ever since. I still have my Silver copy that I was gifted when I was 10. It should work now. ;3

My very first starter was Bulbasaur and it made my first playthrough of Red extremely easy.

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I got Red, along with a Game Boy at 8 years old. I'll be turning 23 in November.
So 23 - 8 = 15 years playing Pokemon :D That's...a long time, and that does not include my hiatuses & stuff. I'm really glad to see that Pokemon has stuck with me ever since. I still have my Silver copy that I was gifted when I was 10. It should work now. ;3

My very first starter was Bulbasaur and it made my first playthrough of Red extremely easy.

wow you are one of the first people ive met that chose Bulbasaur as a starter. Everyone around here (I live in TN) chose the other 2. the only reason we ever chose bulb was to trade him to our main games lol.

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
Years
I started with RBY of Gen I. Yes I had all three and yes I played them all through to the end. So I've been playing since Pokemon was released.

Years
I've been playing Pokemon since 1999 when I received Pokemon Yellow (and a Gameboy Color!) as a gift. Ever since then I've been a fan of Pokemon games!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My dad gave me Pokémon Blue as a Christmas present back when I was five, and I was a fan of the series ever since. My favorite game so far has gotta be Pokémon Emerald. According to my save file, I've spent a total of 548 hours playing this game. Haha. Pokémon Crystal is my favorite, too. I used to play it a lot when I was nine. I was completely addicted to it. Black and White are also my favorites. I love all the new features that they've introduced to us... maaaybe except the Dream World.

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I am suprised to see how many people have started at the beginning and stuck with it! that makes me feel better!

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
been playing since 2004, my cousin gave me a yellow copy and a game boy, i was hooked to the game. Bought a Gamboy advance SP , a DS, a DSi and in a few days i will order a 3DS XL from ebay in order to get pokemon X and Y (i also promised my younger brother i will give him my DSi for his birthday in october so i need SOMETHING my games could be compatible with :) )

Years
My first Pokemon game was SoulSilver three years ago. So yeah, I haven't been playing very long. XD I also played Pokemon Snap many years ago, but I don't actually count that since it was a spin-off and I only played for maybe two days. I got into Pokemon through the anime during the craze in the United States. At the time, I didn't have any video games whatsoever, so I was pretty oblivious to the fact that Pokemon ones existed. Now I am a fan of the games, but not the anime. >.>

Years
My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Blue version. I got it with my yellow gameboy pocket in 1999. I was 17 years old. I've played and beat every single one. I wish I didn't trade them in to gamestop! :(

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
I think 2004 I played yellow. Literally the first video game I've ever played.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
Since yellow but i had red and blue later on so thats about 15 years.

Back