• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokemon: The Song of Jewels

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
Episode 21: "Ardea's white hot training method!" (part 2)

"How is everything in here?" Ardea asked as she returned to the training arena.

"Doing great!" Wendy replied before parrying a move from Rory.

"Yeah, Wendy's doing very well." Rory agreed before he blocked Wendy's next attack

[Pull!] Hinata called to Kitsune. Kitsune heaved a target into the air, which Hinata aimed an Ember at, shattering the target in an explosion of flames and clay shards.

"Can I shoot something else yet?" Brock sighed as he fired yet another shot from 70 feet away. "Or better yet, shoot with my own bow?"

"You can take a break now..." Ardea assured Brock before showing him his bow, which now had ivy inlays etched in it. "Okay, I first gave you a stronger string, so your arrows can go farther and faster. Then I tweaked the design a bit, into a recurved bow. This way it's easier to maintain, but requires a little more strength than what you had before."

"It's beautiful...." Brock smiled as he took the newly refurbished bow from Ardea and returned the practice bow he had been shooting with. "The decorations are a nice touch."

"Glad you like it." Ardea smiled before retrieving a tape dispenser. "Where do you put your hand when you're shooting?"

"Right here..." Brock replied, pointing out the place in the center of the bow where he usually held it.

Ardea said nothing, but put a piece of tape on the point Brock showed her and on his hand. "Okay...what I want you to do is take a few shots, making sure the piece of tape on your hand and the piece of tape on your bow match."

Brock nodded, and readied a shot, being careful to remember to match the tape on his hand with the one on his weapon. He tried this a few more times, with Ardea looking on all the while.

After he had taken about six shots, Ardea removed the tape from him and grabbed a deck of playing cards. "Well done...your hand position is very nice for someone that hasn't shot in a while..." she began. "Now...what I want you to do is try and hit the heart in the ace of hearts." She paused to set the card in question into a small horizontal pulley. "Since I saw you're a good shot with a still target, I'm gonna make this drill a bit harder by making the card move."

Brock swallowed hard--he had never tried hitting a moving target before. "A-any suggestions for h-hitting a moving target?"

"Easy--just keep your eyes on the target." Ardea assured him. "You're more often than not going to find moving targets in the Tower of Runes and in the other seven Gem locations, so better learn now than later." With that, she started the pulley, making the card slowly approach the target, travel past it, then approach it again. "When you can hit the heart consistently at a slow speed, I'm gonna speed it up a little." she cautioned.

Brock nodded, and readied his shot as the card approached, but his shot just barely nicked the card. Not to worry, let's just try again...

His next shot managed to make a hole in the left edge of the card.Maybe if I released my shot just before the heart arrives...

He gasped in awe when sure enough, his third shot hit the middle of the heart! "YES!!!"

"Do it again!" Ardea urged.

Brock nodded, and fired another shot into the center of the heart, making sure to time his shot just before the heart came into his line of sight. But after a while, the heart was now riddled with arrow holes. "I think we need a new ace of hearts..."

"Not a problem--I keep tons of boxes of playing cards for this kind of practice." Ardea assured him as she set a new ace of hearts into the pulley. "I've gone through plenty of aces--spades, clubs, and diamonds as well as hearts."

After adjusting the pulley's speed, she continued. "Now, try hitting the heart at a little bit faster pace."

"Got it!" Brock replied before readying another shot....

----------

"Thank you so much for the training." Wendy smiled. "I feel like I could take on anything, whether for real or on stage!"

"Anytime!" Ardea replied. "Consider it returning the favor for saving Kitsune."

"But before you go, I have something for you..." Rory interjected, handing Wendy a blue sword sheath. "This should protect you in the Tower of Runes--I call it the Blessed White Sword!"

Brock smiled as Wendy drew the blue and white blade and tried a few moves with it. She looks like a natural--a beautiful blade for a beautiful and brave companion.

"I just hope that you two are the first ones to return from the Tower of Runes alive." Ardea smiled. "Who knows what amazing things are in there just waiting to be found?"

"Well, when we get out of there, we'll tell you all about it!" Brock replied as he and Wendy departed the Gym and into the setting sun...

TO BE CONTINUED....

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 22: "The Tower of Runes! Seeking the song of fire!" (part 1)

"Well, this is it..." Brock mused as he and Wendy approached the Tower of Runes the next morning. "We brave the Tower of Runes and find out what wonders and terrors lie inside."

"In case we don't make it..." Wendy laid a hand on Brock's. "You are one of the best friends I've ever met."

"And to you likewise." Brock replied. With that, he gathered his gear and motioned for the Pokemon to follow him inside.

"Hello?" Wendy called as they entered the first room of the tower. "Anyone here?"

Brock noticed that the walls of the tower were covered in odd runes that faintly glowed every few seconds. "Well, now we know why this place is called the Tower of Runes..."

[But where's Meloetta?] Raku wondered.

[Yeah--if she knows we're trying to find one of her spellsongs, she should at least appear to us, or give us a test of courage--or something!] Satomi stammered, unnerved by the faintly glowing runes.

Just then, an oddly pleasant female voice singing in an alien language resonated through the large room. Cair, in cair, a chár imh gcirlalann,
Emh au bion la ghallran lig cev do slan...

[Who's there?] Tenku squawked, surprised at the voice.

As if in response to Tenku's call, a small sprite-like Pokemon appeared in the room, brushing her green music staff-like hair as she kept singing in the strange language. Hi rì him bò hill ò bha rò hò
Hi rì him bò hìrì ri ri ù
Hi rì him bo hill ò bha rò hò...

Au gcot gida mibrar ach bruin,
Neag emh au ala lel, au gcot mhagád...

Hi rì him bò hill ò bha rò hò

Hinata shook her head. [If Meloetta wants to tell us something, I don't have a clue what she's saying!] Brock just motioned for Hinata to be quiet as he listened to the song...

Ach ogod bion fe mala do bel,
Be lig la gcen en fen arnin.

Brock suddenly found himself tapping his foot in time to the song, making a slow, yet rhythmic beat echo through the room as Meloetta kept singing...

Neag au ciga chellrar fe biga la gcen,
No gorlol do ghallran ach bobrol líor ben...

La teandno nean tadh gcont gola,
Malal letha ke gceiv me ogod...

Mizuchi gasped as she heard Wendy join in the song. Hi rì him bò hill ò bha rò hò

The lightbulb went off in Terra's head. [I get it! Meloetta is testing our hearts--and if they are pure, we'll know her language and sing with her!] She listened intently as Meloetta would sing a verse, then Wendy, Brock, and seemingly hundreds of other voices chimed in on the chorus, Brock doubling Wendy an octave below:

La irian cen la min imh la horn,
Pog ilo no la daus ach la fhinn...

La irnid loran es diro remmenn
La diro remmenn imh é lirbesn limma...

La fernin len gcont tengol learlar
Neag a gcot suínda au lein la fhen...

La silag cen elorona gcoleth
Lelala he delrbid gcot ogar lef...

Hi rì him bo hill ò bha rò hò..

La muistech en an lel an fhiod,
Eg gcot heg nach, her gcot eg lain...

Hi rì him bo hill ò bha rò hò.

La bilola loran é lelfo lí,
Est chellrar gces'g cin é cain lig'n brí.

Ach pim, la ostaliv, lios an la aen
Gcot mhega é cheala cain'n brí gcen!

Kas la ben imh latha éirn resta ferbasar,
La ogod iran gcot na niroladh gelagar!

With that, Meloetta smiled. "Well done, travelers...you have proven yourself worthy to proceed further into the tower." A door on the other end of the room rumbled open to emphasize Meloetta's point.

"How is it we could sing in your language, despite not knowing it innately?" Brock wondered.

"Your hearts were in tune with mine--and your desire to find my jewels is pure and sincere." Meloetta replied. "And not a moment too soon--the seal of fire has already begun to weaken thanks to Team Elegy's attempt to take the fire guardian's Fennekin."

"Oh--you mean Ardea's sadness over losing Kitsune?" Wendy wondered.

Meloetta nodded. "The guardians in anguish , sadness, anger and fear weakens the seals holding Giratina. "The ruby at the top of this tower is the only thing keeping the seal of fire from breaking. I beg you to prove yourselves worthy of its song by braving the tower's trials."

Brock nodded. "We'll do it!!"

"If it means protecting Minami and the world, I'll do anything!" Wendy agreed.

Meloetta smiled. "Very well, then--I'll be waiting at the tower's highest room." With that, she disappeared in a flash of green light.

"Let's go!" Brock led the way to the door leading the second floor of the tower....

To Be Continued...

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 23: "The Tower of Runes! Seeking the song of fire!" (part 2)

"Here we are--the famed Tower of Runes." Brock mused as he and Wendy arrived in the first room of the tower's second floor.

"Nobody here but us Rattatas and...a harp?" Wendy was intrigued by a harp sitting by the door leading to the next room.

Brock, meanwhile, picked up a piece of paper, and examined it. "Wonder what this is...looks like a piece of sheet music..."

[Let me see!] Hinata offered. After studying the piece of sheet music in Brock's hands for a moment, she gasped. [The notes on the staff are the same notes for Brock's "fire" spellsong!]

[Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul....] Emi sang, but the door didn't budge. [It didn't work...]

[No, look...the notes here are the notes Brock usually sings for this song--low re, la, ti, do, re, ti, so, la....] Tenku explained, pointing out each note to Emi as she named them.

A thoughtful look appeared on Brock's face."Maybe If I tried playing those notes on the harp...."

"Worth a try..." Wendy mused. "Maybe this is how all those other would be explorer's died--they had no clue how to solve Meloetta's puzzles, and literally died trying to solve them."

Brock, meanwhile, hurried over to where the harp stood, and very gently plucked the strings that matched the notes on the piece of sheet music, making the door to the next room rumble open. [It worked!] Satomi squeaked.

"Onward!" Wendy led the way into the room.

"And that harp was somehow still in tune..." Brock grinned, pleased with himself for figuring out the puzzle's solution. "After Arceus knows how many years..."

"This is Meloetta's domain, so I'm sure she keeps every instrument in here tuned." Wendy replied. "The next question is how we're going to get out of here with no apparent exit besides where we came from...." Sure enough, aside from a few ragged tapestries from an era long past, and the walls filled with glowing runes, there was no obvious exit.

[Silly, just do what Link does!] Raku giggled. [Hit a switch or something with an arrow and ta da! There's a door!]

"Well, there's a huge difference from video games and the real world, Raku." Wendy explained. "Although I have a feeling some of our knowledge from Zelda and RPGs may help us here...."

"So if I have to hit something to open the door, where's the target?" Brock asked Raku.

[Yes--what is Brock supposed to hit to open the door?] Tenku asked Raku.

[Um...] Raku glanced around the room, desperately looking for something that remotely resembled a switch or a target. [Maybe one of those ancient banners has a switch!]

[Great idea!] Hinata agreed.

Tenku fluttered over to a tapestry hanging by the entryway and carefully lifted the edge with her beak. [No switches there...] She then flew over to another tapestry, where she found a dull red stone behind the ragged tapestry. [Try hitting this red stone!] she called down to Brock.

"Okay..." Brock readied an arrow, then fired. The arrow struck the stone, making a soft A note as the arrow impacted, and making part of the northern wall slide open like a door.

[What I tell ya?] Raku smiled as the group made their way through a dark passageway.

Some giggles and laughter filled the air as the group emerged into the next room. "Aw, Ralts!" Wendy gasped as an array of white humanoid Pokemon gossiped with each other and played games,all under the watchful eye of a Gardevoir.

The Gardevoir heard Wendy's cry and smiled. I commend you and your companion for finding the way into our secret place.

"We come in peace--Meloetta bade us find the Fire Ruby." Brock explained.

I know--we heard the whole song when you arrived. the Gardevoir replied. My name is Ariane--my children and I watch over the tower, and inform Meloetta on a seeker's progress.

"Can you tell us anything about what else to expect in the tower?" Wendy asked.

While I can't specifically name anything that awaits you here, I can tell you that the two of you must use your wits and battle skills as you progress. Ariane replied. As you discovered when you played the harp, not every puzzle will have an obvious solution.

"In other words, what we've used in video games is real here?" Brock wondered.

Not quite--while what you have learned in the virtual worlds may help you on your quest, no part of the Tower or the other seven sanctums is an exact replica of places you may have found in those worlds. Ariane cautioned before two Ralts brought her a ruby ring and a sapphire ring. if you should somehow perish in the sanctums, these rings will revive you in the sanctum's safe room--which is here, in the case of the Tower.

"Thanks!" Wendy smiled as she put on the sapphire ring.

[Oooh....] Emi admired her reflection in the small circular ruby surrounded in leaf and swirl inlays.

When you do earn the right to sing spellsongs, the ring can also be an option to channel the magic, as well. a Ralts added.

Wendy admired the deep blue stone surrounded in a silvery starburst design. "Thank you, again--we promise we will not lose or break these."

TO BE CONTINUED...

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 24: "The Tower of Runes! Seeking the song of fire!" (part 3)

"Let's see..." Wendy mused as she studied the hole in the middle of the floor of the next room. "I'm not the best jumper in the world..."

"I doubt basketball jumps would be any help..." Brock agreed. "Not unless we were going up or I had a running start."

[Don't be silly!] Tenku scolded. [This hole is small enough for even a Pidgey to fly across! Watch!]

With that, Tenku took off across the hole, but when Brock heard a THWACK!!!! and a weak [Ow...] as Tenku appeared to hit something solid, then slide into the dusty pit, dazed.

"Funny...how could there be something there halfway across the hole?" Wendy wondered.

Inspired, Brock readied an arrow and fired at the place Tenku had crashed. A <i>tink</i> as the arrow impacted what appeared to be a wall and fell into the dust near where Tenku was struggling to get up confirmed his suspicions. "There's an invisible wall about halfway across...."

[I know that, Captain Obvious, but would you guys hurry up and get down here?] Tenku snapped. [My head hurts!]

[We'll be right there as soon as we find a way to get to you without hitting the wall ourselves.] Hinata called back, then studied the edge of the pit for any sign of a stairway or ladder.

Wendy, meanwhile, handed Raku a Sitrus Berry. "Take this to Tenku--and while you're in the pit, let us know if there's a way to climb under the invisible wall."

[Okay!] Raku replied before taking the Berry, jumping into the pit, and hurrying to Tenku's side. [Here--this is to ease that headache.] he smiled after setting the Berry at Tenku's side.

[Thanks...] Tenku weakly replied, her head still spinning from the hard blow. [I think I see a ladder near where everyone else is standing....]

Sure enough, Raku spotted a dull brown ladder in the dust at each end of the pit. [Guys! There's a ladder at each end!]

Wendy led the way down, and after crawling through the dust, cradled Tenku in her arms. "Are you okay, Tenku?"

"She did take a hard hit..." Brock mused before holding up two fingers. "How many fingers do you see?"

[Two...] Tenku weakly replied.

Brock heaved a sigh of relief. "That's a good sign that her injury isn't serious, but we'll keep an eye on her just in case."

[I've smacked harder things before, but this is the first time I've hit an invisible wall.] Tenku stifled a weak giggle as the group climbed through the pit and into the next room.

[I'm ready to go to the next floor...] Satomi announced as the group entered what appeared to be a kind of performance hall, with a lone guitar-like instrument by a chair where a performer would sit. Sableye statues kept a watchful eye on the tranquil room.

Just then, Hinata spotted a message in the glowing runes on the wall. [A minor key will see you to the next floor...]

[That's easy!] Satomi giggled. [All Brock has to do is play two chords, and the door opens!]

Brock examined the cryptic message for a moment, causing a smile to form on his face. "It's not quite that simple, Satomi--while you're right about my needing to play two chords for the door to open, the clue also tells us exactly which two chords I need to play and open the door."

[Huh?] Raku asked as Brock settled in the performer's chair and checked to see if the guitar-like instrument was in tune.

Wendy examined the clue again. "Of course! A minor and C major!"

Sure enough, the door rumbled open as the two chords in question resonated through the room. [Two floors down, eight to go!] Hinata called as she led the group upstairs....

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 25: "The Tower of Runes! Seeking the song of fire!" (part 4)

"Some adventure this is..." Wendy grumbled as the group arrived on the third floor, which opened into a large cavern-like room. "I haven't even had a chance to use my weapon yet...."

Oh but you will. Ariane's voice assured the group. This floor is a dungeon in itself--if you can brave the traps within, and lay your weapons on Meloetta's Glimmering Baton, it will enchant it so you can face any foe, including Ghost Pokemon.

Just then, a roar startled Wendy, prompting her to draw her blade. "I don't want to know what that is..."

[Angry Rhydon!] Hinata gasped as a large gray reptilian Pokemon lumbered in the room, making the ground shudder with every step. But before the Rhydon could attack, Hinata rammed into it with a Quick Attack, but the attack barely made the earthen behemoth move.

[Look out!] Tenku screeched as she watched the Rhydon's foot land where Hinata had been standing minutes before, nearly throwing the entire group to the ground.

"Good thing you ran before that Rhydon stomped..." Brock heaved a nervous sigh of relief.

[I do NOT wanna become a Vulpix-cake...] Hinata replied.

[Aren't you guys forgetting something?] Mizuchi interjected, but her voice was barely audible as the room shook with the Rhydon's roars. [I'm a Water type, so I have an advantage over this big ol' windbag!]

"Well, why don't you try to weaken it?" Wendy called, nearly screaming to be heard over the Rhydon.

Mizuchi nodded, than fired a shining rainbow beam at the Rhydon, making it scream in pain at the cold. [It worked!] she reported when the Rhydon winced in pain from the weakening effects of the Aurora Beam.

"Thanks!" Wendy called before yelling at the Rhydon "You wanna piece of me, big shot? Come and get it!" She then dashed up to the Rhydon and slashed it in the leg, making the room rumble with another roar of pain.

Terra, meanwhile, flung some of the dust on the floor in the Rhydon's face. [Take that, you bully!]

"Take this, too!" Tenku heard the whistle of one of Brock's arrows flying and impacting one of the Rhydon's stubby fingers.

"Great shot!" Wendy smiled at Brock.

[My turn!] Tenku flapped up a large tornado that went flying at the Rhydon, carrying it high into the air.

"Brace yourself...." Brock cautioned, only wincing when the Rhydon landed on the floor with a huge thud some seconds later.

[Heads up, Mr. Rhydon!] Mizuchi called seconds before a large wave crashed on top of the Rhydon.

[Talk about hanging ten...] Raku mused as he, Emi, and Satomi watched the battle raging feet away from them.

[To be fair, splashing him with Surf seemed like a great idea!] Emi noted as the Rhydon tried to get up, which was made even harder by the Surf turning most of the floor into mud.

[Now to confuse this big guy...] Hinata fired a bright teal beam at the Rhydon, making it stumble about the room.

"Let's give it all we've got!" Wendy led the charge and slashed the Rhydon in the other leg.

[See the sword, be the sword...] Terra mused as she danced about the floor, making a red aura shaped like swords appear around the group.

[Thank you, Terra.] Hinata smiled. With that, she unleashed a Flamethrower at the Rhydon, making it fall in some charred mud with a SPLOTCH!

Wendy noticed the Rhydon struggling to get up. Maybe if I jump slashed it.... With that, she ran towards the Rhydon and jumped, delivering a large gash to one arm on the way down.

"Terra...try digging underneath the Rhydon." Brock suggested. Terra nodded, and wasted no time digging a hole in the floor.

[Round and round you go in this trial by fire!] Hinata screeched as she surrounded the Rhydon in a tornado of flames.

"Fire Spin--there's an idea..." Wendy mused.

Suddenly, the Rhydon eased itself into all fours position, then rapidly barreled at the group, making a large gash in the wall as everyone scrambled out of the way. "We forgot that Rhydon knows Rapid Spin...." Brock wheezed as he assessed Hinata and Terra, who had been sent flying by the force of the Rapid Spin.

[Shoot at it before it can attack again!] Satomi screeched.

Brock nodded, readied an arrow, and fired at the Rhydon's horn--the Rhydon's most sensitive location. That bought Hinata time to unleash another Flamethrower, Mizuchi to use some of the mud on the floor in a Muddy Water attack, and Tenku to dive bomb it with Aerial Ace. But it was Terra that delievered the final blow some moments later, when she surfaced beneath the Rhydon and sent it flying in a tower of earth.

[Good riddance...] Mizuchi muttered as the Rhydon landed on the ground some seconds later, swirly eyed.

Wendy just sheathed her blade. "Great fighting, everyone...."

"And you did great yourself." Brock replied as he motioned for the group to follow him. "Rory taught you very well."

TO BE CONTINUED....

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 26: "The Tower of Runes! Seeking the song of fire!" (part 5)

"We made it..." Wendy heaved a relieved sigh as the group entered what looked like a huge library. In addition to books of every shape, size, and subject, stone statues of Meloetta also dotted the room. Some of them depicted her dancing in Pirouette form, some depicted her singing in Aria form, and still others depicted her praying or playing on a variety of instruments.

"What I want to know is how we're going to get up to the way out of here..." Brock mused as he studied a doorway on a balcony, but there was no stairwell, rope, teleportation device to reach it.

[I'm the only one with wings, and I don't know if I can carry all of you...] Tenku sighed

"That, and there's no switch for Brock to hit so we can move on." Wendy groaned, slumping to the floor in frustration.

"Well, if you know a way to get up to the balcony, I'm all ears." Brock assured his companion, but even HE had no idea how to solve the apparent puzzle before them.

He was snapped from his thoughts by a familiar voice singing Karuto, iichiida shou..., followed by a green glow--one of the statues had apparently come to life!

"Meloetta?" Wendy gasped.

"What are you doing here?" Brock was equally surprised.

"I came to congratulate you on how well you're doing so far--not many seekers were able to defeat the Rhydon I posted to guard this floor and my baton." Meloetta smiled. "But as I'm sure you've noticed, your way out is way up there." She gestured to the door on the balcony to prove her point.

"So how do we get up there?" Wendy asked.

"There's no stairwells, ropes, teleports, switches, springs, catapults, or anything else that could get us up there." Brock agreed.

"If you answer this question of mine correctly, I will take you up there and allow you to continue." Meloetta assured the group. "Get it wrong, and you will have to battle one of the library's guardians before you can try again."

"This isn't a so-called 'impossible' question, is it?" Brock swallowed hard at the prospect of a question not even he could figure out.

"And we're not timed, are we?" Wendy added. If there's one thing I hate more than impossible questions, it's having to race the clock to figure out an impossible question!

Meloetta giggled. "Oh no, I would not pit you against the clock unless I was sure you had plenty of time to answer. As for the question--it is not impossible, but it should make you think a little--an important skill if you are seeking the other gems."

"So we can take as long as we need?" Wendy asked. Meloetta nodded. "Okay..."

"Ask us anything." Brock challenged.

"In a small village in a far away land, three innocent prisoners are sitting in a jail." Meloetta explained. "One day, the cruel jailer takes them out of their cell and places them in a line on three chairs, in such a way that person C can see both person A and person B, person B can see only person A, and person A can see none of the others. The jailer shows them 5 hats, 2 of which are black and 3 of which are white. After this, he blindfolds the prisoners, places one hat on each of their heads, and removes the blindfolds again. The jailer tells the three prisoners that if one of them is able to determine the color of his hat within one minute, all of them are released. Otherwise, they will all be executed. None of the prisoners can see his own hat, and all are fairly intelligent. After 59 seconds, person A shouts out the color of his hat, which happens to be correct!"

She pauses to make sure the group understands the circumstances of her riddle. "My question for you is, what is the color of person A's hat, and how did he know?"

"Hm..." Wendy began thinking about possible answers to the problem.

"Everyone, huddle!" Brock suggested.

Once the group had gathered around, Brock recapped what Meloetta had told them. "Okay, when the prisoners are taken out, we know that person C can see both person A and person B, person B can see only person A, and person A can see none of the others."

"We also know that they each are wearing a hat, which has an equally likely chance of being black or white." Wendy added, "They are told that if they can correctly determine which color hat they are wearing in a minute, they will be freed. If they fail, they die."

[and at 59 seconds, person A figured it out and answered right.] Mizuchi concluded. [So where do we begin?]

[Well, person B and person C didn't give an answer.] Hinata interjected.

A grin formed on Brock's face--Hinata possibly knew the key to the riddle! "Okay, let's assume person B and person C didn't answer because they didn't have enough info to go on."

"Person C had to be seeing at least one white hat on the heads of A and B..." Wendy mused. "Because if he saw two black hats, he would know that he is wearing a white hat."

[Person B therefore knows that he and/or A is wearing a white hat...] Tenku added.

[And since he can't give an answer, he must be seeing a white hat on A's head!] Terra concluded.

Wendy smiled. "You may be right, Terra--if B saw A wearing a black hat, he would know that he himself wears a white one."

"Since neither C nor B can give an answer to the jailer's question, A finally concludes that he is wearing a white hat!" Brock triumphantly concludes before hugging Hinata.

"You're a genius, Hinata!" Wendy agreed before the huddle broke.

Brock then told Meloetta "Person A is wearing a white hat."

A smile formed on Meloetta's face. "Well done--that is the correct answer!"

The group cheered at this. "As I promised, I will take you to the door up top--so close your eyes, so I don't blind you with the teleportation magic."

He wasn't sure what happened next, but all Brock remembered was a bright aura and Meloetta's spellsong: Karuto, iichiida shou....

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
For so many chapters that have been made, its hard to believe that this has not been looked at. I will review this story in the coming days!

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 27: "The Tower of Runes! Seeking the song of fire!" (part 6)

[Oh, goodness...] Mizuchi gasped at the maze of tunnels as the group arrived on the next part of the floor.

"Next question: out of all these routes, which one is the correct one that will lead us onward?" Brock agreed, both awed and confused as to the number and size of the passageways in the large and cavernous room.

[I wish we could find a way out...] Emi sighed. [What if we get lost and are wandering this tower forever?]

"We're not going to get lost..." Brock assured Emi when a bright white light got his attention. "What the..."

He heaved a sigh of relief when he saw Jirachi before him."I heard someone wish for the way out...since Meloetta tells me you are the chosen ones seeking the Gems of Song, I will take you to the route that will lead you the guardian of Meloetta's baton and the next floor."

Wendy was elated. "Thank you so much! Beats running into traps at every turn..."

"There isn't so much traps here as you will keep coming back here." Jirachi explained before flying over to one passageway on the left side of the room. "This is the way foward--but be wary of the guardian protecting the baton."

"What can you tell us about the guardian?" Brock asked.

"It is a sea dragon that somewhat resembles a Feraligatr." Jirachi explained as he lit the correct route for Brock and Wendy to follow. "His name is not known even to us Legendaries, but it is dangerous to attack up close."

He then flew over to Wendy's sword and touched the hilt, making the sword and the sheath glow a light green for a moment. "This will allow you to shoot magical beams from your blade..."

Next, he flew over to the quiver on Brock's back and touched the fletching on one arrow, making all the arrows' fletching turn a sparkling green color. "...and I have enchanted your arrows with electricity, so you will have a better chance of winning the fight."

"Thanks, Jirachi!" Wendy smiled.

"Yes, thank you so much for your help." Brock agreed, taking a deep breath to calm himself for the battle just up ahead.

"Not a problem--if you ever need my help again, I am only a wish away..." With that, Jirachi disappeared in a flash of light, but the glowing tunnel remained.

[I'm gonna sit this one out...] Hinata shuddered.

[Me too...] Terra agreed.

"Good idea--Hinata stands no chance of defeating a water monster." Wendy mused as she led the way into the tunnel.

"Nor does Terra." Brock agreed. "They can protect the little ones."

It wasn't long before the group arrived in a large room filled with vines, exotic plants, and aquatic flowers floating on the surface of the murky green water. [Hey, I don't see any Feraligatr monster in here!] Satomi protested before Hinata and Terra led her, Raku, and Emi from the room, leaving Brock and Wendy to face the guardian alone.

Suddenly, an earthshaking roar filled the air as a giant reptillian creature emerged from the water, nearly splattering Brock and Wendy with the surge. Vines and seaweed hung from the beast's dull brown scales, and rows and rows of teeth glinted in the dim room.

"Get ready..." Brock told Wendy as he readied an arrow, which began sparking with electricity as the beast roared, in hopes of intimidating the group.

"I-I'm not s-scared of you!" Wendy retorted over the beast as she shakily drew her blade.

[Bring it on, tough guy!] Mizuchi agreed.

The whistle of an arrow and the zap of electricity clued Wendy that Brock had taken the first shot, making the beast roar in pain. Inspired, she pointed her blade at the hulking monster, sending a beam of green light flying into its stomach. Another arrow landed near the beam's impact site, jolting their opponent with more electricity.

[I think you paralyzed it!] Mizuchi gasped as the monstrosity struggled to lunge at the group, but could barely move because of the two sparking arrows--one in its side, and the other in its stomach.

"HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-YAH!!!!" Wendy cried as she unleashed another beam from her blade, which arced off a wall and into the creature's back, sending it falling back in the water with another huge splash.

[Thank Arceus Hinata and Terra aren't in here....] Mizuchi muttered as she shook herself dry from the surge.

[I'll say...] Tenku agreed from her position above the battlefield. [That surge nearly got me wet, too!]

[They say you can fight fire with fire...well, I'm gonna fight water with water!] Mizuchi growled before lashing her tail at the monster, slapping its leg.

[Look out below!] was the only thing the monster heard before Tenku slammed into it with an Aerial Ace. It frantically tried to scratch Tenku with its claws, but Tenku was back near the ceiling again, making the massive prong-like claws scratch thin air.

The monster roared again, nearly making the group fly backwards into the wall. "Talk about a Hyper Voice..." Wendy groaned as her head throbbed from the attack.

"This guy makes an Exploud look like a Whismur." Brock agreed, his ears ringing from the roar. "But we're not going to let him intimidate us!"

"Meloetta's counting on us!" Wendy agreed before running to the edge of the pool and firing another beam.

Just then, Tenku noticed the monster's hand headed for Wendy! [Jump!]

Wendy complied with Tenku's call, making the giant scaly hand crash into the floor she had been standing on seconds before.

"That was a close one...." Brock heaved a relieved sigh.

[Maybe it was hoping to take advantage of us being dazed by its roar and squish us into pancakes.] Mizuchi suggested. [But I'm not ready to be a pancake yet!]

With that, she conjured a large wave of water. [Heads up!] she taunted the beast as it was doused in Mizuchi's own surge.

"See? Two can play at that game, Feraligatr reject!" Wendy taunted as she fired another beam.

Brock just calmly fired a sparking arrow into one of the beasts' legs. As another beam from Wendy let up the room, he wondered if even the four of them would be enough to take the beast down....

To Be Continued...

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 28: "The Tower of Runes! Seeking the song of fire!" (part 7)

Another sparking arrow zipped through the air as the behemoth struggled to get up from Wendy's latest attack, landing in its torso. "That should buy us time to formulate our next move." Brock replied with a grin as the group's opponent struggled painfully to get up.

[Combined with your latest shot and Wendy's attack, it's a wonder the fiend CAN get up...] Tenku noted from the room's ceiling, where she had been observing the battle.

"Well, if that last shot wasn't enough to paralyze it, I bet THIS will!" Wendy growled before firing another beam from her blade.

Brock shielded his eyes from the beam's explosion, just long enough to notice the behemoth ensnared by a ring of light--or at least he thought it was a ring of light. "Great shot, there..." he smiled at Wendy.

"You're doing wonderfully yourself." Wendy replied. "Ardea's advice on aiming is really helping, cause you haven't missed a shot yet!"

[I'll be his eyes in the air, so he doesn't miss!] Tenku called before slapping the behemoth with a wing. The behemoth retaliated by trying to knock Tenku out of the sky with a rocky paw, but she was well away from the crushing blow.

"Nice flying!" Wendy called up to Tenku as the behemoth swiped at thin air.

[Thanks...] Tenku smiled. [I knew all those ring flights when I was a Pidgey were good for something!]

She called to Wendy [Aim your next beam for the paw that tried to swipe me!]

Wendy complied with Tenku's suggestion, and Brock followed up with an arrow in the other paw. But in the safe alcove, both Eevees shuddered in fear. [Did the monster die yet?] Satomi asked Hinata.

[Not yet...] Hinata sighed as she heard the whistle of Brock firing another shot, followed by an earthshattering roar that confirmed it had hit its mark.

[If we could see a life bar, or something, how full would it be?] Raku added.

Hinata groaned. [I have no idea, guys--for all I know, we could be stuck here watching them fight forever!]

Emi gasped as the weakened behemoth heaved a rock in Brock's direction, but Brock rolled underneath it to safety. [That was close...I don't want Daddy to be a Daddy-cake from being squished by that rock!]

[He's not gonna be a Brock-cake, okay?] Terra assured Emi as she watched Brock fire another shot into the beast's torso. [He knows what he's doing.]

[Okay...] Emi stammered before a flash from a sword beam prompted her to shield her eyes in fear.

In the main hall, the behemoth was showing signs of fatigue--it tried to charge into the group, but a Hydro Pump from Mizuchi sent it flying backwards. Brock took advantage of the soaked behemoth to fire a shot into its arms, followed by a Whirlwind from Tenku carrying it high into the air.

"HAH!" Wendy fired one last beam as the behemoth fell to earth, making the entire room glow so brightly, even Hinata, Terra, Emi, and the Eevees had to shield their eyes.

[I-is it over?] Raku fearfully stammered as he tensely stepped out into the room after an uneasy silence.

[Can we come out?] Satomi called.

Her tiny eyes turned to stars when she heard Brock's voice say "The coast is clear--our foe is fallen."

[YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!] Raku cheered as he dashed into Wendy's arms.

[Victory!] Emi struck a triumphant pose on the behemoth's lifeless body.

[That's right, Emi...we won...] Mizuchi smiled as the weary group made their way into the next room, which had a strangely comforting green glow.

Sure enough, Meloetta was waiting for them in the small shrine-like room. "Well done, seekers of the Fire Ruby. You have proven yourselves in battle, and by defeating the beast that guards my Glimmering Baton, I will allow you to use its magic to enchant your weapons." With that, she showed the group a small pillow wrapped in white lay on an altar. A shining silver baton lay in the center of the pillow, periodically pulsing with a green aura.

"Thank you, Meloetta." Wendy smiled as she gently touched the tip of her blade to the tiny baton, making it gain an identical green aura.

"We promise not to abuse this power, nor any other power you have for us." Brock agreed as he touched an arrow to the baton, making his quiver refill with arrows with sparkling green fletching.

Meloetta smiled. "The baton's power allows your weapons to attack any target, including targets they would normally not be able to hit--this will come in handy as you explore the tower further, as well as the other sanctums." She let that hang as a door leading to the fourth floor opened...

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 29: "The Tower of Runes! Seeking the song of fire!" (part 8)

"Careful, everyone..." Brock cautioned as he carefully led the group down a steep slope that served as an entrance to a tunnel.

[I could use a break from adventuring...] Hinata groaned...

[You should be one to talk--I actually had to fight back there!] Mizuchi snapped

"Hey!" Brock quickly pulled Hinata and Mizuchi apart. "To be fair, there's nothing Hinata could've done to help us in the battle." he assured Mizuchi. "Water creatures defeat fire."

Mizuchi sighed. [You're right...I just hope there is a safe haven somewhere in here...]

There is, seekers--on the fifth floor. Ariane's voice assured the group. But you must figure out the secrets of this tunnel to rest.

"Good--I hope we don't run into any more monsters...." Even Wendy was exhausted from the long journey upward.

Consider the runes on the wall of the tunnel.</i> Ariane explained, Of all these runes, two of them are larger and shine brighter than the others--one leads closer to the fifth floor, and the other will lead you right back to where you started. So which one is the way forward?

Just then, Emi spotted two large runes on each end of the wall--a blue starburst, and a red flower bud-like shape. [I see them!]

"But which one do we touch?" Wendy reminded Emi. "That's what we have to figure out."

Brock dug a coin from one pocket. "Let's try flipping a coin to choose what will hopefully be the right rune." He showed Wendy the side with a Pikachu face. "This is heads..." He then showed her the side depicting the Kanto League crest. "This is tails."

Wendy watched Brock flip the coin. "Heads...."

[Tails!] Terra called.

Brock studied the coin when it landed on the floor. "It's heads...we'll try the star rune. Since you won the toss, do you want to touch it?" he asked Wendy.

"Sure." Wendy hurried over to the glowing blue star-like rune and gently pressed her hand on it, revealing an exit tunnel lined with glowing fungi and crystals.

[That's the right one.] Tenku smiled.

"I wouldn't touch those if I were you..." Wendy cautioned as she pulled Raku and Satomi away from the fungi. "You could get sick, or something."

"And I probably wouldn't know how to treat any sickness those mushrooms infect." Brock added.

The lit tunnel appeared to go on forever and wind in all directions, but when the group finally reached the stairway leading to the fifth floor, they found what looked like a lounge or a coffeehouse. Meloetta was waiting at the door with a smile. "Well done--you're now halfway up the Tower of Runes. I created this place for you to rest, so if you're hungry, thirsty, tired, or just want to relax, you are welcome to do so at no charge."

[YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!] Raku and Satomi wasted no time in playing "chase" around a pole by a table.

"Let's get a bite to eat, okay?" Brock suggested as he led Emi through a majestic buffet piled high with just about any food imaginable.

Wendy, meanwhile, sprawled on a beanbag chair with a fantasy novel. This may not be heaven, but it's the next best thing--we've earned it after all this way...

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 30: "The Tower of Runes! Seeking the song of fire!" (part 9)

After resting and restocking on supplies, the group climbed up to the sixth floor only to emerge in what looked for all intents and purposes like a forest. [Wow...wonder how they got all the plants and trees in here to grow...] Emi wondered as she looked around at the beautiful array of trees and exotic flowers.

"This is Meloetta's domain, so she probably sang all of these flowers and trees into existence." Brock explained before coming to a suspended bridge leading to the next area. "Oh great, I figured we'd have to cross a rickety old bridge hanging over a great big drop into oblivion sooner or later..."

[Who am I to think it's gonna break as soon as we're halfway across?] Raku shuddered as he looked into the huge chasm the bridge hung over.

[Or worse, monsters break the bridge?] Satomi added.

"That only happens in the movies, you two." Wendy assured the Eevees as she motioned for the group to follow her to the bridge.

"But just in case..." Brock tied some rope around an arrow and aimed for a target-shaped inlay in the crumbling stone building that lead further into the tower. "We'll make another bridge out of rope." With that, he fired, making a small rope walkway over the bridge and the chasm.

"Don't think one rope will be enough..." Wendy was unsure if Brock's walkway would hold with two humans and a variety of Pokemon on a single rope.

[Then make it two ropes thick!] Emi suggested, offering Brock another arrow with a rope tied to it.

[Or three!] Raku gave Brock another arrow with rope not long after the second one impacted.

After Brock had made the rope bridge about five ropes thick, Terra carefully worked her way across the chasm tying the ropes together. [Okay, guys!] she yelled from the other end. [Let's see if this bridge will hold you!]

Wendy watched intently as Brock swung himself up onto the five rope thick bridge and carefully made his way across, ever aware of the rickety bridge and the chasm it hung over. I can't let go from here--what if that bridge is as rickety as it looks, or triggers some kind of trap if you step on it? Either way--a long plunge into the dark would not be fun.

He looked back at Wendy and the Pokemon watching him grab sections of rope to propel himself across and grinned--an assurance that so far, the rope was holding him safely.

After he had safely made it to the other side with Terra, he whistled to the others, as if telling them "Come on, it's safe!" He watched Wendy and the Pokemon climb across, then once the entire group was safely on the other end, they went inside the ruined building, which held the stairway leading up to the seventh floor of the tower.

Once the group had arrived at a large and ornate door leading to a large foyer, Wendy noticed a block of text hidden in the elaborate jewel studded designs."Ye that seek the ruby's song,
"To get this far, you must be strong
After this, one guardian waits to fight
Then after an appropriate show of might
You will open the way with rainbow light
But what is the song within ruby red?
We'll never tell you--not even after we're dead!"

Mizuchi groaned. [I hate riddles...]

"No, it's not a riddle, it's a fortune of some kind..." Wendy mused. "After we finish the puzzle in here, we fight one last monster to pass into the upper floors of the tower."

"Then we solve one last puzzle to enter the Fire Ruby's shrine." Brock added.

[I don't get the last part....] Raku complained as the beautiful door opened. [What do the last lines m--!] Just then he noticed a skeleton in front of him. [YIPE!!!!] He scrambled onto Wendy's shoulder, shuddering in fear.

[There's bones everywhere!] Terra noted as she looked around at the variety of human and Pokemon skeletons dotting the large room. Some of them were old and rotting, while a few looked fairly recent.

Just then, Terra spotted one skeleton holding a scrap of paper. After carefully prying the yellowed paper from the bony fingers, she balked at the odd rune-like writing that only vaguely resembled English letters. [Hey guys, I found a clue!]

Wendy hurried over and examined the runes. "Gao...go...gio..." she mused. "Whatever language this is, I can't read it...."

"Here's another one!" Brock frantically waved another scrap he had pilfered from a Growlithe skeleton. "I think it says 'yiisha or 'yishpa' or something like that."

[I found one too!] Satomi dropped another paper scrap in Wendy's hands. [What does it say?]

"Looks like 'nes' or 'neis'....can't tell if that E-like rune is an E or an E and an I." Wendy told Satomi.

"So so far we have what might be 'Gao yiisha neis..." Brock mused as the Pokemon examined each of the skeletons for paper scraps.

An hour or so later....

"Okay...we found a grand total of six paper scraps." Brock explained as he finished arranging the scraps into what he felt was a complete sentence. "Gao yiisha neis..." he repeated his prediction for the first three words. "Chiel or chier; since we don't know if the last character is an R or an L..." he explained, gesturing to the fourth scrap. "The fifth scrap clearly says 'com', but the last one I'm not sure what it says."

"Gao yiisha neis chiel com...whatever the last word is." Wendy mused. "That makes zero sense."

[What if it's Daddy's gibberish song for fire spells in a story?] Emi suggested. [It could spell that!]

"It's worth a try, sweetie..." Brock cleared his throat, then sang the familiar song. Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...

[It worked!] Raku cheered as the door on the other end of the room rumbled open.

"Don't get your hopes up yet, Raku..." Wendy warned as the group started up the stairs to the eighth floor. "We'll see if that's the actual song when we get to the shrine of the Fire Ruby."

To Be Continued....

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
I've got one word for you: extensive. Great action sequence though, and I love how it's set in a region near Kanto with Brock as the main character :)

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 31: "The Tower of Runes! Seeking the song of fire!" (part 10)

"This is it...what I hope is our last combat challenge before the shrine of the Fire Ruby." Brock reminded the Pokemon. "Terra, look after the little ones, okay?"

[Got it!] Terra replied.

[I hope your electric arrows work against whatever monsters' in there...] Raku shuddered as an ominous roar echoed through the entry foyer.

[That sounded like a dragon...] Tenku noted as the group entered a large and spacious courtyard lined by fountains and trees.

Hinata's eyes widened when she noticed a dragon that shone in every color of the rainbow awaiting them on the courtyard's other end. [It IS a dragon!]

Hold, seekers... came an oddly pleasant male voice that echoed through the group's minds. For what reason do you seek the Fire Ruby?

"We come because the seal of fire is weakening against Giratina's hold, and Meloetta has seen us worthy to undertake the quest all seekers must take." Wendy explained, figuring it was the majestic glittering dragon that spoke to them.

The dragon closed its eyes for a moment. You have indeed been proven worthy by Meloetta, and braved many trials on your way up here...but as guardian of the Shrine, no seeker will pass through to the Fire Ruby unless they prove themselves to me in combat and with their mettle.

[But if you die, then who will protect this place?] Hinata asked.

We prism dragons cannot die, for we guard the Legendary Pokemon of heaven, and so are immortal like them. the dragon explained. I have been mortally wounded many times over, and yet I now stand before you, unharmed.

Wendy thought for a moment. Since we can't defeat it per se...maybe it will let us through after a few rounds! "How many rounds of combat shall we engage?" she asked the dragon as she drew her blade.

Since your quest is urgent, I will not delay you any more. the dragon explained. So fourteen rounds will be acceptable.

[Then I will have the honor of taking the first shot!] With that, Mizuchi fired an Ice Beam at the dragon, but despite the chilling attack, the dragon did not even flinch at the cold blast.

"Hah!" Wendy fired a beam from her blade at the dragon, but aiming too low caused the beam to ricochet off the stone courtyard and off of a wall before finally disappearing.

Mizuchi next ran at the dragon and bit its leg, but for all intents and purposes, she may have been biting pure steel. [Now I remember why I don't bite dragons that often--their skin is tough!]

"Then again, not even an Ice Beam can faze this guy!" Wendy agreed as she fired another beam. This time, the beam landed in the dragon's stomach, but the blast of energy at the beam's impact only made the dragon stumble.

"Well, if blades and beams aren't helping, let's try a bow." Brock suggested as he readied a shot. Wendy watched as the arrow raced towards the dragon's shoulder, but only barely penetrated the skin before falling to the ground. "Then again, the point of this isn't to kill he dragon--just to see how our combat ability has grown over our adventure in here."

Not one to be deterred, he fired another arrow, only for that to bounce off the dragon skin as well. A second arrow fared no differently.

But what caught everyone off guard was a blast of rainbow light from the prism dragon! [It's bright!] Hinata gasped as the bright rainbow explosion caused everyone to shield their eyes, hoping to Arceus they would not be blinded by the harsh attack.

Yet Tenku hurled a whirlwind, Mizuchi fired another Ice Beam, Wendy fired another beam, which Tenku used as a guideline for an Aerial Ace, Brock tried an arrow, and Hinata hurled a Flame Burst before the prism dragon finally conceded All right...I concede defeat--you are all quite skilled at your weapons. Now only one puzzle remains... He let that hang as the door to the ninth floor rumbled open...

To Be Continued...

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 32: "The Tower of Runes! Seeking the song of fire!" (part 11)

"Almost there..." Brock assured the group as they arrived in the large open room that took up the entire ninth floor. At the other end of the room stood a large door with four spherical indentations and a box of balls nearby.

Wendy recognized the indentations in the door. "Our final challenge is a giant game of Mastermind!" She hurried over to the door and set two purple balls and two yellow balls in the door. "I love playing this with the Eevees..."

[Yeah, she's stumped us with some hard ones before!] Raku smiled.

Brock watched as three red lights and a yellow light under one of the yellow balls appeared under the code. "Purple ones are wrong outright, yellow ball A is right, but in the wrong place, and yellow ball B is wrong."

Maybe if I moved the yellow ball to the second place... After replacing the other three balls and moving the yellow ball to the second place, her eyes lit up as three green lights appeared under her new code.

"Three of those are correct and in the right place, but the question now is which one is the wrong one." Brock reported.

[The green one's wrong!] Satomi suggested.

[Yeah, the green one has to be wrong.] Raku agreed.

Wendy grimaced after replacing the green ball with an orange ball and only two green lights appearing. "Sorry guys...it's not the green one."

After replacing the first blue ball with a red ball, the group cheered as the door lit up and rumbled open into a large, open room seemingly made of crystal, where a large ruby hovered over an altar.

[Is this the heavens?] Tenku asked as she admired the sparkling crystal decorations in the room.

[I'm not sure, but it's the next best thing!] Terra smiled as she looked out on the treetops, city buildings, and mountains from a balcony.

[You can see the whole region from here, I bet!] Mizuchi smiled as she allowed Emi on her head to get a better look at the view.

"Congratulations." Meloetta smiled as Brock and Wendy arrived on the top floor. "You have done well passing the Tower's trials, and have arrived in the shrine of the Fire Ruby. By accepting this power, I trust you will not use it for your own selfish gains."

"We would have never battled our way up here if we didn't know the conditions and risks involved." Wendy replied.

"We also understand the quest we accept with this power, and what will happen if and when we ever have to do what you did many millenia ago." Brock added. "Arceus hoping we don't have to."

"Very well...which of you will accept their power first?" Meloetta asked.

After a few tense seconds, Brock stepped forward. "I will."

"Stand before the Fire Ruby." Meloetta commanded. When Brock was facing the glowing red stone, she continued. "It will judge your heart, and if you are found to be pure, it will allow you to sing the song that will awaken the magic in your heart."

Wendy and the Pokemon watched in awe as a red beam of light streaked from the Fire Ruby and into Brock's heart. After a few tense seconds, a red aura formed around Brock's entire body. [What's happening?] Raku screeched, worried that Brock was dying.

Just then, Wendy heard Brock start to sing a haunting melody. Gatrandis favel secret, edena...
Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis...
Kacoradis favel siicletu edena...
Emusto koron zen fine, si...

Brock's aura glowed even brighter on his final E note, prompting the Pokemon to shield their eyes.

When the aura finally faded, everyone heaved a sigh of relief when they saw Brock was all right. "You did it...you awakened the magic in your heart." Meloetta smiled.

"Although...what did I just sing?" Brock asked, still a little woozy from the ordeal. "Does it mean anything we mortals can know?"

"It is a promise to the Fire Ruby, the other Gems, and Arceus." Meloetta explained. "So you only have to sing the song this one time. As for what it means, it translates to 'I open my heart to accept this secret power, and I promise to end evil's rule. The song in my heart becomes this power. Will I fight even to the end? Yes."

"Wow!" Wendy gasped.

"I have my magic, now it's your turn." Brock assured Wendy.

Wendy swallowed hard and closed her eyes as she stepped before the majestic red jewel. After a few tense seconds, a red beam of light streaked from the Fire Ruby and into her heart.

[Is Wendy gonna die?] Satomi worried as the single red beam expanded into a bright red aura around Wendy's body.

"I did this too, and I feel just fine, okay?" Brock assured Satomi.

Inside the aura, Wendy heard the Fire Ruby speak to her in a gentle voice. Thy heart is pure, and you have proven thyself worthy of receiving my song and the songs of my fellows.

"Thank you." Wendy replied.

But there is one more thing you must do. the Ruby continued. Sing me your promise that you will wield our power respectfully, so help you Arceus.

Wendy nodded, and began singing the same melody Brock had sang before. Gatrandis favel secret, edena...
Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis...
Kacoradis favel siicletu edena...
Emusto koron zen fine, si...

As Wendy's final Bb rang through the room, she felt the aura glowing brighter as a mysterious power flowed through her. I don't know what's going on, but I feel like I could shoot fire through my blade--or my fingers! Or run faster than even the Guardian Beasts! Or lift more than a Machamp!

The aura around her faded a few moments later. "What was that?" she wheezed as Brock ran to embrace her. "I feel like I've ran ten miles!"

"That's normal that both of you would feel tired...you both have immense power flowing through you now, and your bodies are not used to it yet." Meloetta smiled. "But the more you hone and train your power, the less tired you'll feel."

"At any rate, we're done here." Brock smiled. "The first in recent memory to brave the Tower of Runes and survive."

Meloetta nodded. "I will return you to the entrance so you don't have to make a perilous journey down."

With that, Brock, Wendy, and the Pokemon disappeared in a flash of green light as Meloetta sang Karuto, iichiida shou...

To Be Continued...

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 33: "Taking Team Elegy by surprise! A familiar spellsong turns the tide!"

As the group materialized at the entrance of the Tower of Runes, a familiar voice sneered "So, we meet again, Squinty-eyes..."

Brock whirled around and gasped when he recognized the Team Elegy grunt he had battled back in Crystone Town. "What are you doing here?" he growled.

"And what do you guys want?" Wendy added.

"Well, since you two are the first two to ever climb the Tower of Runes and survive, I was wondering if you could tell us what's in there so we can climb it too." the grunt explained.

"H-how did you know we were here?" Wendy gasped, amazed that Team Elegy had somehow learned of their location.

"Oh, informants in Honoru and the radar at our base in Akari City." the grunt explained. "So talk and we'll let you go on your way."

[Like we'd ever tell you guys anything!] Mizuchi snarled before dousing the grunt with a Water Gun attack.

The grunt just grimaced as Brock nocked an arrow and Wendy drew her blade. "Why do we always have to fight?" he sighed. "All I want to know is info about the tower and what secrets it holds..."

"Because then you'd destroy the Fire Ruby!" Wendy snapped back. "And we're not gonna let you do that!"

"Besides, you're the only one here, so it's five against one!" Brock taunted. After discretely motioning for Terra to led Emi and the Eevees to safety in a nearby bush, he added "And that's no fair fight!"

"So its a fair fight you want?" The grunt whistled, and roughly ten more grunts climbed out from rocks, trees and other bushes. "That better?"

Wendy swallowed hard--she hadn't counted on Team Elegy members hidden in the brush. But Brock studied the other four grunts that had now joined their leader on the battlefield. "That's an even match, but we're not going down without a fight."

"We'll see how fast you change your tune and tell us about the tower or the other gems once Loudred's done with you." the grunt smirked.

"Tenku, take down the Kricketots and Kiricketunes on the left..." Wendy began, pointing out Tenku's target.

"Hinata, help Tenku." Brock told Hinata.

"Mizuchi, you take those Roggenrolas over there..." Wendy next pointed out a gaggle of Roggenrolas some other Team Elegy grunts had summoned. "We'll deal with the Loudred."

[Got it!] Hinata replied.

The grunt confidently grinned as he heaved a Poke Ball skyward. "Come on out, Loudred!"

Chaos ensured as Hinata burned a Kricketot with a Flame Burst, but Brock studied the mammalian Pokemon with large speaker-like ears before him--how best to fight off a Loudred with minimal injuries?

A Beedrill hive hanging over the Loudred's head spurred an idea. Maybe if I can knock the hive down, the angry Beedrill swarm should scare Team Elegy away!

He fired a shot at the hive, which tumbled to the ground, making panicked screams fill the air as the angry Beedrills streamed from the hive.

The Loudred, undeterred from the Beedrill stings dotting its hide, took a deep breath and unleashed a deafening roar, knocking Brock to the ground. He tried to get up, but the repeated roars knocked him back down again and again.

"You've got nowhere to run now, and unless you have some surprise up your sleeve, we're taking your friend to interrogate her on the locations of the remaining Gems of Song." the Team Elegy grunt growled as Brock struggled to get up. "Unless you wanna be a sport about it and tell us yourself."

"I will...not...allow...the gems...to fall into evil hands..." Brock groaned, his head still spinning from the force of the Loudred's Hyper Voice and his body aching from the impact on the ground.

"Brock, no!" Wendy screeched as more Team Elegy grunts surrounded her in preparation to take her away. "You can't take another attack!"

"In fact..." Brock continued. "I DO have another...surprise up my sleeve..."

"Oh, really?" the grunt asked. "What is it?"

Ruby of fire that burns in my heart, grant me your power to save me...and my friend. Brock silently prayed before slowly and weakly singing Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul..., making a red aura form around him and Wendy as the crowd of Team Elegy grunts gasped in surprise.

[No way!] Mizuchi gasped.

[One of Daddy's gibberish spellsongs is actually magic????] Emi was just as surprised.

"Gibberish or not, I suddenly feel a whole lot stronger..." Wendy mused, awed by the aura surrounding her. "And I feel like giving someone a knuckle sandwich..." she growled as she whirled around and punched the head grunt, sending him flying into the crowd of other grunts.

Brock eased himself to his feet as he sang Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... again, conjuring glowing red needles from his fingers.

"Retreat!" one grunt called as the needles went flying, Wendy looking on wide eyed all the while.

[I can't believe it...] Tenku mused as the Team Elegy grunts fled. [Brock actually cast an actual magical spell!]

"Well, I was already mad at them for battering me with Hyper Voice, and madder still for their wanting to destroy the Fire Ruby..." Brock explained. "So I channeled my anger into two spells--one to boost our strength, and another to create the fire needles."

"In fact, the spellsong can do many different things depending on the singer's mood and the current situation." Meloetta explained as she appeared before the group and healed the damaged Beedrill hive. "I commend you for using yours well."

"Well, since Team Elegy's gone..." Wendy paused to sheathe her blade. "I wanna see what I can do with my power."

"You may train here all you like." Meloetta assured the group. "It is safe here, and you're not likely to damage anything."

"Okay..." Wendy looked out on the lights of Honoru City in the distance. "We've had a long day, and it's getting late...and I'm sure Ardea would love hearing about our adventure...."

A playful smile formed on her face. "Last one to the city's a rotten Exeggcute!"

"But--!" Brock started to protest over Wendy singing Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... "No fair using magic!" he complained as he struggled to keep up with Wendy's blazing aura....

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 34: "Becoming a beloved friend! Character Karaoke! (part 1)"

"Let's see...if we keep following the road, we should arrive in Seikaku Town very soon." Wendy assured the group. After their harrowing encounter with Team Elegy at the Tower of Runes, Ardea had told them to keep moving and find the other seven Gems of Song. Not to mention the main PokeTheater is in Akari City too... she reminded herself.

[We're not going somewhere boring, are we?] Satomi sighed.

"Oh no, Satomi..." Wendy smiled as she gently picked up the antsy Eevee in her arms. "Remember the last time we came and the Character Karaoke?"

The lightbulb went off in Satomi's head. [Oh yeah...the karaoke contest where people sang cartoon and game songs as the characters that sang them!]

[You wanted to try it so bad the last time we were there, but it was getting late, and the lines were getting long.] Tenku added.

"The only time that ever happens in Kanto is around Halloween--and even then there's no prizes involved unless it's being hosted as part of a big party." Brock noted. "That, and you had to sing in English, so no songs from other versions."

[That's a silly rule.] Emi agreed.

"Then again, they probably want everyone to understand what's being sung." Brock mused. "So although it's a silly rule, that's why it's there."

"The Character Karaoke in Minami is VERY different..." Wendy assured Brock. "One, you can sing in any language you want, and two, there's often prizes involved--and Seikaku Town hosts possibly Minami's best competition."

"So I can hypothetically sing 'Concert of Love' as Emerald Leaf in the original Italian if I wanted?" Brock gasped as the rooftops of the town came into view.

"If that's the song you want to sing, go for it!" Wendy smiled.

[I've always wanted to know what Emerald Leaf's original voice sounds like!] Raku pleaded. [Say something as Emerald Leaf in Italian!]

A sly look formed on Brock's face. I have just the line--the original incantation to Emerald Leaf's arrow attack, Gaia's Arrow, with a little dose of spellsong to actually pull it off!

With that, he took an arrow and nocked it. Freccia della furia della terra, prendere il volo! he intoned as Emerald Leaf as he drew the bowstring.

After a few tense seconds, he announced in English "Gaia's Arrow" before firing his shot.

Raku gasped as Brock sang Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... making the flying arrow gain the same sparkling green aura a Gaia's Arrow was seen to have! [Wow!] he gasped as the sparkling arrow landed in a tree stump with a small flash.

Brock just grinned. "What I said translates to what they used in English--'Arrow of the fury of the earth, take flight!'"

[COOL!!!] both Eevees chorused.

Wendy giggled at the starry eyed Eevees. "If these two loved that, then I can't wait to hear you sing as Emerald Leaf!"

Later, in the Sekaku Town square....

"Here you are--the costume change area." an attendant explained as he led Brock into a backstage area filled with costumes of every shape and size. "Good luck!"

Brock nodded as the attendant departed, then located the Emerald Leaf costume nearby the changing screen.

He heard the crowd roaring for the performer before him when he emerged and put on the headset mic that would protect his own ears and allow him to hear the karaoke track at a reasonable level. Okay, Raku and Satomi...get ready for the show of a lifetime! he smiled as he made his way to the wings. Even if I'm limited to two minutes at the maximum. he thought as the crowd applauded for him.

Once in position on the dark stage, he signaled the stagehand to cue his music, then located Wendy and the Pokemon near the center of the massive crowd. Here we go...

The crowd roared as the familiar driving beat of "Concert of Love" started playing. True to his character, Brock decided to mimic Emerald Leaf's swaying dance for a few beats before singing in character:

Luce brillante di stelle,
fari luminosi lassù...

Vi chiamiamo tutti a raccolta,
costruiamo un mondo migliore insieme noi, da qui,
Ripariamo terra e mare perché,
lo scrosciare della pioggia così si fermerà,
Finirà!

He started mimicking Emerald Leaf's jumping and twirling as he sang the chorus. E' un concerto d'amore per
vivere, sperare in una grande emozione
da un palco di luci e ombre
sentirò la melodia del nostro cuore...

In the audience, Wendy watched, awestruck, at just how well Brock could mimic Emerald Leaf's original singing voice and the dance he did in the show. "Wow! He wasn't kidding when he said he could do the original voice!"

[It's like the real Emerald Leaf is up there onstage!] Raku sighed dreamily.

[Well, why didn't you sign up?] Satomi wondered.

Wendy hung her head. "First, I wasn't sure if they had any open spots, and two...I'm afraid of singing onstage."

[All this about being an actress, and now you're afraid of going onstage?] Tenku was surprised. [Listen...you may end up doing a musical on your PokeTheater journey--and that requires you to sing]

[Yeah--just pretend it's your big scene in a musical!] Hinata suggested.

"You're right...maybe I do need to face that fear, if only for the PokeTheater." Wendy smiled as Brock concluded his performance to thunderous applause. After applauding her friend, she whispered to the Pokemon "Whatever you do, don't tell him I've signed up too--I want it to be a surprise."

[Promise!] the Pokemon chorused as Wendy made her way to the sign up table...

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 35: "Becoming a beloved friend! Character Karaoke!" (part 2)

After changing out of costume, Brock strolled back to the spot near the sign up tables where the Pokemon were waiting, but Wendy was nowhere in sight. "Guys? Where did Wendy go?"

Hinata froze--she couldn't let Brock know about Wendy's plan to surprise him! [She said she wanted to look around at some of the other performers.]

Thankfully, Brock bought Hinata's lie. "All right...did you see which direction she went? I'll go look around what route she didn't take so we can both meet back here.

[She went that way.] Terra replied, pointing off to the left

[Nice cover, Hinata.] Tenku whispered as Brock departed. [If you had used your original idea of Wendy shopping or buying food, Brock would panic after he checked every stall]

[And the last thing we want is Daddy mad.] Emi agreed. [Especially now that he can cast magic.] The Pokemon nervously giggled as they pictured what would most likely happen when--or if, Brock figured out Hinata had lied.

Meanwhile, in the backstage area...

Okay...hopefully Brock bought the Pokemon's distraction... Wendy thought as she was escorted into the backstage area. Now to see if they have any wigs for the Idolmaster characters back here...

She stepped over some canes, feather boas, top hats, and other props scattered about the floor before finding a box marked "WIGS" Ah ha!

After digging through the wigs in the box, she found a familiar royal blue haired wig. This is Chihaya's hair, all right!

She tucked the wig under her arm and started looking through the bewildering array of costumes by the changing screen. There's the costume Brock wore... she smiled as she discovered the Emerald Leaf costume. A purple dress with silver fleur-de-lis print lay underneath. How pretty! I'm gonna wear this for my performance as Chihaya!

Once satisfied that the costume and the wig fit her and she had procured some white gloves and matching boots, Wendy admired herself in the mirror for a moment, then stepped out in the middle of the floor to practice her performance:

Shiranu ga hotoke hottokenai
Kuchibiru poker face...
she sang in her best mimic of Chihaya.
Yo toudai moto kurashi Do you know!?
Uwasa no funky girl!

After spinning and twirling about the messy room for a moment, Wendy continued singing:

Shinobi komareta atashi no kokoro Yabure kabure no yoru
Tokihanatsu wana Yudan wa taiteki

Sasurau PETEN Shi no aoi toiki (Ah...)
Tegakari ni I wanna Koi dorobo Oh!
Itomeru nara Kakugo yoidore

Onna wa tenka no mawari mono
Shibireru kubire
Iwanu ga Hana to nari chiriru
Himetaru karada...

Some applause startled her from her performance. "Bravo! I thought you said you weren't going to participate this time..."

Wendy whirled around and gasped when she saw Brock framed in the doorway. "I-I had a change of heart after the Pokemon gave me a little heart to heart talk...I wanted to surprise you!"

"Ah, so that's why the Pokemon told me you went to look around." Brock replied as he joined Wendy in the room. "But I could hear you singing all the way out there."

"Y-you're not mad?" Wendy stammered. "For lying to you?"

"Not at all--the real surprise is your working up the courage to do this, even if you had to make sure I didn't know." Brock assured her. "By the way...you make a very convincing Chihaya, voice and all, but let me touch up the costume a bit before you go on."

Wendy nodded as Brock brushed some dust bunnies from the costume and carefully adjusted the wig so it wouldn't fall off. "There...now you're ready to meet your public."

"Thank you..." Wendy heaved a huge sigh of relief as she hugged Brock.

"Remember--be the character." Brock whispered as Wendy got into position on the dark stage.

He heard cheers as the song began and Wendy started singing and dancing in character. Shiranu ga hotoke hottokenai
Kuchibiru poker face...
Yo Toudai Moto kurashi Do you know!?
Uwasa no Funky girl

Shinobi komareta atashi no kokoro Yabure kabure no yoru
Tokihanatsu wana Yudan wa taiteki

Sasurau PETEN Shi no aoi toiki (Ah...)
Tegakari ni I wanna Koi dorobo Oh!
Itomeru nara Kakugo yoidore

Onna wa tenka no mawari mono
Shibireru kubire
Iwanu ga Hana to nari chiriru
Himetaru karada...

Amaku mitaraba Massakasama Fly away
Karamaru SURIRU CHAAJI
Yofukashi no neko Madowasu

Sayonara
Ototoi oide
Oh, saraba
Awayokuba mata (Au!)

Shiranu ga hotoke hottokenai
Kuchibiru poker face
Yo Toudai Moto kurashi Do you know!?
GIRI GIRI de Oazuke Funky girl!
The crowd roared with applause...

That night...

"I'm so proud of you..." Brock smiled as Wendy admired the silver medallion around her neck. "Second place on your very first try is no small feat!"

"I was shocked too...it made it worth trying to keep it a surprise." Wendy agreed before noticing the bronze medallion Brock had received."You did very well yourself, but that guy that did Arran Seluna to beat you out for gold really had the character down!"

Yeah--he put my portrayal of Arran to shame." Brock agreed before changing the subject. "Whether this was beginner's luck or true talent, I don't know yet, but it will really help you in the PokeTheater."

"Really?" Wendy asked.

Brock nodded. "Just be aware that the PokeTheater may not be so forgiving..."

EmeraldSky

Years
Episode 36: "A hero takes flight! Tenku's rescue!"

Meanwhile, in a unknown location in Minami....

A brown haired woman studies the endless streams of information that appear on the massive computer screen before her. As the boss of Team Elegy, the massive machine--whose screen alone nearly took up an entire wall-- allowed her to keep tabs on any Team Elegy admin and the millions of operatives anywhere in Minami.

"Boss!" The frantic cry of an admin snapped her from her bemused trance. "Spellsongs have been heard at the Tower of Runes!"

"Really?" the woman asked as she turned to address the dull purple haired girl in a nicer navy blue outfit with a little silver trim on the torso and the pants. "Where did you hear this rumor, Hibiki?"

"The commander in charge told me two explorers came out of the tower, and when the commander asked them to disclose the wonders inside, they decided to fight." Hibiki continued. "The commander battered one with his Loudred, but just before he could deliver the final blow, the explorer sang one of the holy spellsongs!" Hibiki explained.

"Did he tell you what this song sounded like?" The woman is still skeptical of Hibiki's story.

Hibiki thinks for a moment. "From what I understand, the spellsong sounded like 'Vao wiisho nas chier com yutuu' or something like that...very strange words none of us have heard before."

The woman contemplates what Hibiki has told her as she gets up from the computer. "If what you say is true, we need to have the spellsingers appear again and demonstrate their art for me."

"But how will we find them, boss?" another admin asks as he joins Hibiki in the room. "We've lost all trace of them since the incident."

"I have a multi-pronged strategy to capture them..." the woman explains. "First, we could try capturing a Pokemon. If they elude us or defeat us there, we can try cornering them on Mt. Taka. If that still doesn't work, we can either capture one of their own Pokemon or lure them to our warehouse in Akari City."

The male admin grins. "You think of everything, boss."

"That's why we love you." Hibiki agrees before turning business-like again. "I'll dispatch a stealth team to Poke-nap a Pokemon right away."

Elsewhere, on the road to Akari City...

[Just think, we're getting close to Mt. Taka!] Raku smiled as he looked over at Wendy studying the map. [You think we can mine gems there?]

"Maybe, if we can find one of the rivers the public can use." Wendy replied as she wrapped Raku's ribbon around his neck like a scarf. "There...now you won't trip and fall."

A male voice calling "Cobalt, where are you?" snapped her to attention. "Someone lost a Pokemon!" She hurried over to a nearby field, where a male cooltrainer was tearfully searching the grass for any sign of his Lucario.

"Need some help?" Brock asked as he joined the cooltrainer in the grass.

The cooltrainer heaved a relieved sigh. "I need all the help I can get right now. "I stopped to camp here in hopes I could travel through the Moonlight Forest and on to Mt. Taka in the morning. I turned my Lucario, Cobalt, loose to train so he could keep the wild Mightyenas that roam in the area away. But when I got back from fishing for our dinner, Cobalt was gone."

"Do you know who took him?" Wendy asked as she and the Pokemon combed the grass for any clues.

"The only clues I have to go on is this odd crying eye sign I found in my camp, and some charred grass, probably where Cobalt tried fighting his attackers." the cooltrainer explained before realizing he had not introduced himself to his Arceus sent helpers. "My name's Kendall, by the way."

"Nice to meet you." Wendy replied before assigning her Pokemon an area to search. "Raku, Satomi, stay with Brock and Kendall and help them look for stuff in the grass."

[Okay!] Raku replied before eagerly bounding into a patch of flowers.

[You know, it's times like this I wish I was an Espeon.] Satomi sighed. [I could telepathically sense where Cobalt went, and we wouldn't have to work this hard....]

"Mizuchi, ask the river Pokemon if they saw anything." Wendy continued doling out instructions.

[Roger!] Mizuchi replied as she hurried off to a river flowing just past a hill.

[I'll look from the air!] Tenku volunteered before fluttering off into the forest canopy.

A few hours later...

Tenku made good time through the forest, but her powerful eyes yielded no sign of Cobalt. She had seen pawprints of Lucarios, but they all were from wild ones--a trained Lucario's strides were farther apart than a wild one's.

She landed on an oak tree branch with a sigh. [I've looked through this whole forest from top to bottom, and no sign of him anywhere!] she screeched in frustration.

[Hello?] a weak voice asked. [Have you come to help me?]

[Who's there?] Tenku called. [Friend or foe?]

After a few tense seconds, a Lucario crawled out from some bushes, every so often picking burs from his blue, black and cream fur. [I mean no harm to you, and hope you came to help me.]

The lightbulb went off in Tenku's head--this exhausted and afraid Lucario was indeed Cobalt! [I came to help you, Cobalt--your master's worried sick!]

The Lucario mustered a weak smile, pleased the Pidgeotto in the tree knew him. [Where is my master? I want to find him before those blue people with the crying eye return.]

<i>Team Elegy!</i> Tenku thought. [Just follow me, I'll guide you to him, okay?] With that, she took off towards the forest edge, making sure to fly slowly so as not to tire the Lucario further.

Back at the forest edge...

"No sign of him in the grass..." Brock sighed.

[The river Pokemon didn't see anything like a struggle...] Mizuchi reported.

Kandall thought for a moment. "I think I know why those owners of the crying eye wanted Cobalt--they wanted to force him to transform into the legendary spirit Kimal."

"Kimal?" Wendy was interested.

"Who's he?" Brock was just as intrigued.

"Kimal was a very powerful Lucario that lived long ago." Kendall explained. "One day, he saved Meloetta from some Mightyenas, and in her plight, Meloetta sang one of her songs of power. This powered up Kimal even more, making him grow even taller, changing his markings, and turning his paws and ears red with fury. Needless to say, those Mightyenas got a beating they never forgot! But they say that Kimal's spirit sleeps in all Riolus and Lucarios to this day, only to be awakened by the song of Meloetta or one of her chosen."

"Wow..." Wendy was impressed.

Just then, Tenku emerged from the brush, with Cobalt not far behind. [I found him!] Tenku announced. [He's very tired and hungry, but alive.]

Kendall raced into the grass and embraced the Lucario. "Oh, Cobalt...I'm so glad you're okay!"

[I'm just as glad to see you too.] Cobalt wheezed. {Arceus knows what my captors had planned for me...]

"Speaking of captors, we've got company!" Brock called before nocking an arrow and aiming at a gaggle of Team Elegy grunts running up the hill.

"There he is!" one grunt called, but before she could pull Cobalt away, Tenku sent a gust of wind flying, knocking her to the ground.

"Run for it!" Wendy instructed Kendall as she drew her blade to face the crowd of Roggenrolas the grunts had summoned. "Take Cobalt somewhere safe!"

"I'll stay with them and support you and Tenku!" Brock volunteered as he led Kendall and Cobalt towards some bushes at the forest entrance, about 40 feet from where the battle raged.

[You sure you know what you're doing, Sir Brock?] Cobalt asked as Brock readied an arrow to fire at a Roggenrola about to use Smack Down on Tenku.

"Sure I do." Brock replied before firing his shot, which knocked the Roggenrola to the ground. "I had training from Ardea."

[The archer of flame???] Cobalt gained star eyes. [They say her skill at the bow rivals many heroes of legend!]

"I know...I had to save one of her Pokemon too." Brock replied before firing another shot at a Beedrill hive, making the grunts scatter in panic.

Wendy meanwhile, cut a large gash in another Roggenrola, making it faint. Mizuchi doused three more in a Water Pulse, making it easier for Brock's next shot to hit. But Tenku saw her chance as a Boldore lumbered up the hill. Bringing out the big guns, are we?

She dove and rammed the Boldore with a hard Aerial Ace, but the Boldore hardly batted an eye. Not even Mizuchi or Wendy's blade made a dent in the massive rock Pokemon's skin, and Brock's next arrow only bounced off with a tink

Brock sighed when he saw his arrow merely bounce off the Boidore. "Cobalt...I know you're weakened right now, but I need your help to protect us and your master."

[How?] Cobalt asked. [I know I have an advantage over that Boldore, but even at my normal strength, such a Pokemon is tough to defeat!]

"Just let me lay my hands on you--I'm going to try and awaken the spirit of Kimal that sleeps within all Riolus and Lucarios." Brock explained.

Cobalt nodded and closed his eyes as Brock laid his hands on Cobalt's chest, being careful to not be poked by the spike in the middle. Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...

Kandall gasped in awe as Cobalt was surrounded by a red aura, making him grow several inches taller. When the aura from Brock's spell faded, his markings were more pronounced, and the tips of his ears and paws had turned red. "I don't believe it--Cobalt's become Kimal!"

[And I will save you, Master.] Cobalt replied, his voice now deeper sounding.

With that, he dashed into the crowd of Roggenrolas, his paws a mere red blur as many of them were sent flying. When all the Roggenrolas were defeated, he spotted the Boldore. Wendy and the Pokemon watched in awe as the Bodore fired a Power Gem, but Colbalt countered with a giant Aura Sphere.

The two attacks met in a giant explosion of light. but when the light faded, the Boldore had fainted, and only Colbalt was still standing. [My captors have fallen...] he assured the group. [We have won.] With that, the transformation wore off, shrinking Cobalt back to normal size and with his normal markings.

Kendall ran to embrace Cobalt. "Not only were your rescuers Arceus sent, but one of them is Meloetta's chosen, at least!"

He smiled at Brock and Wendy. "Thank you so much for everything! I know it's not much of a reward, but if you're traveling to Mt. Taka too, you can spend the night with us."

"We would be honored." Wendy replied as she and Brock followed Kendall and Cobalt to their camp...

Back