• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
Okay so I'm kinda stuck right now. I've got a clean patched ROM and everything, and once I get past the couple who's surprised to see a real pokemon, I walk into the building and this happens. The same text just runs through the box endlessly >.> I transferred my save over from 3.6.1, do I have to start the whole game over or something?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okay so I'm kinda stuck right now. I've got a clean patched ROM and everything, and once I get past the couple who's surprised to see a real pokemon, I walk into the building and this happens. The same text just runs through the box endlessly >.> I transferred my save over from 3.6.1, do I have to start the whole game over or something?
Do you have save before this?
Try to reload and before entering this event, repatch this with 4.0 version, try to go through this event and repatch to the version you are using.

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
Do you have save before this?
Try to reload and before entering this event, repatch this with 4.0 version, try to go through this event and repatch to the version you are using.

I will definitely try that out, thanks! :) *EDIT* Worked, thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
I'm happy to see updates coming along now. I originally heard of this hack when MunchingOrange Lets Play'ed it. I was sad to see that it hadn't been updated at all and to my surprise I see its got an update :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 3, 2013
I am so not going through 202 pages to search for patch 4.0. I'm stuck at the Tangelo Island and the old lady in the house freeze me. Maybe you all who are part of the creation should add it to the first page during FAQ and download..? The search function doesn't work to search for attachments. So.... Does anybody have a 4.0 patch or a direction to what page on this massive thread it is located on?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I am so not going through 202 pages to search for patch 4.0. I'm stuck at the Tangelo Island and the old lady in the house freeze me. Maybe you all who are part of the creation should add it to the first page during FAQ and download..? The search function doesn't work to search for attachments. So.... Does anybody have a 4.0 patch or a direction to what page on this massive thread it is located on?
Yeah... it's so hard to look at 3!!! search pages...

I want to thank everyone for their patience and continued support.

Without further ado, beta 4.0:

Pokémon AshGray Beta 4.0

The beta ends after episode 98 - A Way Off Day Off. The next beta will cover through the second movie.

As always, please report any bugs or glitches and I will try to fix them as quickly as possible. I fixed a few bugs from the previous beta and changed a few things, but nothing major, but it would help to have people playing the game from the beginning to check everything (though I did beta test through the entire game before releasing).

Thanks! ^_^

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 3, 2013
Thank you, I figured it would be on some of the later ones considered that the release of 4.1 was on page 186 I found by search. Any idea when the new release will come up?

Years
Hi,
I finished the game using ROM 3.6.1 and I downloaded 4.2 but the trees are still blocking my way, how do I continue?
When I try to use the Sav with 4.2 and move a bit, the sprite is up in the trees and the game freezes.
Is there any way I can fix this and stop it happening again?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
I'm sad to say I've finished the current beta >.< Orange Islands is quite a step up in difficulty if you didn't train in Kanto...as the Islands don't have many places to efficiently use the VS Seeker.

I hope we can use our save data for the next beta ...>.<

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi,
I finished the game using ROM 3.6.1 and I downloaded 4.2 but the trees are still blocking my way, how do I continue?
When I try to use the Sav with 4.2 and move a bit, the sprite is up in the trees and the game freezes.
Is there any way I can fix this and stop it happening again?
Which trees?
And you should enter a building and go out first.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
Does anybody else have the problem of not being able to get out of the cerulean gym's center pool?
I was stuck in Cerulean city and figured maybe I had to go get the vacuum out of the pool, but when nothing was there, I discovered that for some weird reason I was unable to exit the pool. Currently stuck there.

Day 36 - My character has drowned from exhaustion. I fear I may break my keyboard from shear frustration. If anybody is reading this, know that the center pool in cerulean city is a tedious partial replay through waiting to happen, unless some kind sir has a solution, in which case it's not.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
I find bug. When you go to Cerulean City, then to gym and go swim you can't go out.
What is with Alakazam, It evolves from Kadabra when traded, but in Ash Grey ther's no possibility to trade

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
Amazing hack! But I have this one problem, I can't proceed the story on Tangelo Island. The game glitches out whenever I talked to the old lady for the first time. It said something along the line of me getting a Master Ball, 3 Great Balls and suddenly the game glitches. (I'm playing Beta 4.2 btw)

For the poster above me. Don't worry!! Kadabra evolves into Alakazam on level 31! Got myself a modest Abra and now this modest Alakazam is my team main special sweeper especially against Team Rocket. ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2018
Hi guys, just a quick question. Im past celadon and did the ice event etc and pikachu event. i go to the theatre in celadon but there is no director. anybody know how or when he appears?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
He'll appear late in the game. There is nothing there now, just move on eastward towards the Diglett Tunnel...

Back