• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Legendary beasts or birds?

Birds or beasts!

• Bird trio of Kanto

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Beast trio of Johto

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I prefer the Legendary Beasts more because I never really liked the birds much. The're design looks way better than the birds imo, though the beats were harder to get.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Beasts.

1. They were actually plot relevant when they were introduced in GSC, tying in with the legend of Ho-Oh. I felt as though the legendary birds being connected to Lugia was a shoe-in, which didn't factor in to either RBY or GSC's stories. Only the anime went in-depth with them in a movie.

2. They were themed after the three wildcats: lions, tigers, and leopards/cheetahs. These animals are usually thought of as trio to compare to in real life.

3. Roaming legendaries were a brilliant idea. Some people thought they were ridiculously difficult, but face it, shouldn't legendaries be?

4. We're given a backstory for these pokemon, along with reasoning for their types--the tower was struck by lightnining into fire on a rainy day. As for the birds, they're just... there.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The beasts have a lot more fluid design. Less like GUESS WHAT ELEMENT I AM. Much more elaborate.

I still prefer the birds though :X

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Game-wise, the dogs are better. Since they're all assigned with one type, they don't have too many weaknesses. The birds have dual types, so they are at a big disadvantage. The birds are better anime-wise, however, because they have the ability to fly high and avoid hits. I prefer the dogs though, only because their designs look better to me. =)

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I prefer the wildcats/beasts by a long stretch. They're my favorite trio of Pokemon ever, their designs are perfect.

The birds look cool and simple, don't get me wrong, but they don't have the most innovative designs... plus, I just prefer cats over birds, what can I say :D

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I prefer the beasts. Mostly for their story, how they tie into the history of Johto, adding more depth to the world. They have that mystery behind them. Plus, their designs are pretty great.

Although Articuno is pretty. I'll give it that. It's just that all three of the beasts interest me compared to only one bird.

Years
I am only a fan of Articuno as far as the birds go. It is beautiful and elegant and expresses ice in a more nuanced fashion. Also, just look at all of their tails, Articuno's is gorgeous, the others are just...there. Moltres, is just blah to me. It's just so literal, I am a fire-bird. Zapdos, I just feel ambivalent about it. It's just a bunch of generic lightening zigzags that form a bird. Though I prefer the beast, I did enjoy the Pokemon: 2000 better! But I would only attribute that enjoyment to Articuno and Lugia.

Suicune is just beautiful. Arguably one of my favorite Legendary's along with Cresselia, Mew, Reshiram, and Virizion. With flowing wisps, diamond accents, purple head piece and cape, it should equal a messy disaster, but Suicune looks flawless and tranquil. Entei is also a great pokemon, but he's not as perfected like Suicune, though I still love the handle-bar mustache, yellow crown, and red facial features against his brown coat. I am not terribly fond of Raikou, nor am I totally off put by it. The purple cape, blue tail, and grey face fur clash with the beautiful stripes, blue whiskers/gray headplate, and fangs. It doesn't feel cohesive. As a trio, the beasts seem better designed.

Years
I went with the birds because collectively, I like that trio more than the entire beast trio. (I just love Raikou and don't really care for Entei/Suicune). Articuno & Zapdos are two of my favorite Pokemon ever, and Raikou is literally top 5 all time.

Nakala Pri

Beast or Buzzard... beasts! They are just so awesome and the design usually rules all! Birds are fine but in the end, riding Entei would be better then riding Zapdos. :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
On the whole, I prefer the designs of the Beasts over those of the Birds. I love Articuno but I think Moltres is really ugly and I've never been a fan of the black part of Zapdos's wings. When it comes to the Beasts, though, the only part of any of their designs that I dislike is that little dangling thingy under Suicune's chin. Aside from that, I think all of them look really interesting and cool.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
BIRDS. The only dog I like is suicune. the others are meh. But I jsut love th birds. especially the pheonix moltres. plus I like them for nostalgic reasons too lol finally I pick birds cuz I dontl like dogs to begin with.

Back