• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Emerald Ground Mono Update:

Well thanks to the speed up feature on the emulator I was able to get through a pretty fair chunk of the game already today. I've already beaten Norman and I'm on my way to Fortree City.

- Picked Mudkip as my starter, nicknamed him Kibbles
- Ran solo with him through the first three gyms and finally caught myself a Numel, nicknamed her Lady Lumps
- Got through all the Team Magma vs. Team Aqua stuff on Mt. Chimney and defeated Flannery
- Finally got the Go-Go Goggles and caught a Trapinch which I named Jetta and a Baltoy which I named Clay on Route 111
- Went back to Petalburg City to defeat Dad Norman so I could get Surf
- Got myself a Good Rod from the Fisher on route 118, went back to Route 111 and caught myself a Barboach which I named Whimsie
- Now I shall venture all over the country side and level up my lower three Pokemon and get them caught up with Kibbles and Lady Lumps.

My Team & Badges
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
Black 2 Dragon Update:
-Deino evolved into Zweilous
-defeated Marlon
-defeated Kyurem and Ghetsis
-caught Druddigon in Victory Road

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
I'm playing Sapphire with Bug Types but I have a selection dilemna. I can choose just 6 out of the following 7.

Dustox
Beautifly
Ninjask
Shedninja
Masquerin
Armaldo
Volbeat

Which should I not include?

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Johto halfway through just gotta do kanto now

Spoiler:

fXzqnDK.png

Team After E4 heading to kanto

Spoiler:

Tekan either volbeat or shedinja
shedinja can be a force to be reckoned with if you play it right but it's still the definition of glass cannon
while volbeat has horrible horrible stats and its movepool isnt that great either

Years
Ruby Ground Monotype, Update #4

Spoiler:

So here's my team:

Spoiler:

LeafGreen Ground Monotype, Update #2

Spoiler:

Here's my team there:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2014
My first update for my fire mono:

-Chose Cyndaquil
-Got mystery egg from Mr.pokemon
-named rival butface
-caught pidgey lvl 2
-traded in shiny charmander (lvl 1)(legit no egg moves) for pidgey
Arrived at Violet City
-Trained in sprout tower
-Cyndaquil Evolved
-Barely beat Falkner
-Charmander evolved
-Got through Union Cave
-Defeated Rockets at the well
-Arrived in Azalea
-Failed to beat Bugsy
-Defeated Bugsy
-Defeated Butface in Azalea
-Got through Ilex forest
-Arrived in Goldenrod City
-Obtained Radio Card
-Defeated Whitney
On my way to National Park

Zapdos_Rider

Rider of the Zapdos
Years
Doing my Fire Monotype on Fire Red i have made a terrible mistake. my Charizard is lvl 40 after the third gym and i have no way to catch another as everything is a OHKO. So i may have to start over :P

UPDATE: Whew! i got lucky in a flash cave and caught a geodude lvl 16. i will now have an hm slave ^3^

Last edited:
Years
Well, I already beat the game on both Ruby and LeafGreen - I did them on an emulator with turbospeed access on a Windows computer. I sped through them on it because I didn't want to have to bring that computer to college with me (and i'd prefer not to bring any of my GBA games with me). I move into my dorm tomorrow, so I zipped through them. I'll post the final updates for LeafGreen later, but here are two now.

Ruby Ground Monotype, Update #5 - Final Update

Spoiler:

Final team:
Spoiler:

And I guess i'll post another LeafGreen update, because I can.

LeafGreen Ground Monotype, Update #3

Spoiler:

Here's my team at the end of this update:
Spoiler:

Years
Update coming soon, Platinum is damn hard with only 2 flying pokemons ont the first gym, I have been training a magikarp for ages and I gave up at level 13 after my game crashed

Now Im just trying to beat Roark with my Staravia lvl 15 and my level 12 zubat and some battle items

Yaay! I did it!

My Staravia solo'd Roark, It took me 3 potions a Double team spam and all the battle items I could found (Attack/Def/Crit. ones)

My team Atm:
Staravia/Starter(thats his name) Lv. 16
Zubat/xBat Lv. 12
Magikarp/Hydrobird Lv.11

Now I'll head for Floaroma (orwhatever) town for the next event!

Last edited:

BubbleBeams

Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
FINAL Update - Ground Mono - LeafGreen

Finally, after sooo much grinding and training I went up against the E4 and Champion and came out successful! Of course... with a fair amount of spamming of full restores and revives... lol
But I have finished! This puts a close on the LeafGreen chapter of my Ultimate Ground Mono challenge. :)

My Badges and Team:
Spoiler:

Video:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
LeafGreen Ground Monotype, Update #4

Spoiler:

Here's my team at the time of the update:

Spoiler:

Since i've already beaten the game (i'll post final update there later), I started on SoulSilver. Let's look at the start of that!

SoulSilver Ground Monotype, Update #1

Spoiler:

Here's my team there:

Spoiler:

Also, to make sure, I can trade over version exclusives (like Gligar and Phanpy) from an Egg or so at any time, yes? While it does seem a bit unfair to trade them over freshly caught, I would have no qualms with that in a game that's terrible for training. :/ I would have done this on HeartGold version, but my copy of that has a lot of stuff on it so I don't want to erase it.

Last edited:

BubbleBeams

Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Emerald Ground Mono Update

Managed to beat Winona extremely easily. I was actually really surprised how easily I defeated her because it always takes me multiple tries. But I won't argue against it!! lol
Got to the top of Mt. Pyre and had a run-in with Archie.
Also caught Phanpy in the Safari Zone, nicknamed him Donny. He evolved into Donphan very quickly after.

My Team & Badges
Spoiler:

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Crystal is done will start on emerald at some point (once i figure my team other than 2x moth thingies and masquerain)

So Kanto Gyms
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

MVP Johto: Ledian tanked karen to death and took down 2/3 dragonites and a gyarados from lance (WHO SAID LEDIAN SUCKS!?)
MVP Kanto: Scizor, Swords Dance + Strength and Steel Wing + Fantastic Typing = GG most major trainers

LVP (both): Ariados, learned no good moves ever had average stats and most of the time was sent out just for death fodder hell grinding it was annoying.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Finally!
Defeated the Elite Four with my two trusty companions, Nero & DarkStar (Omastar & Starmie, respectively)!

Nero/Omastar (Male) Lv. 57
Naughty Nature w/ Leftovers @ Swift Swim
Rain Dance
Blizzard
AncientPower
Waterfall

DarkStar/Starmie Lv. 58
Naive Nature w/ Leftovers @ Illuminate (sadly)
Surf
Psychic
ThunderBolt
Substitute

Onto my Ultimate Solomon Challenge with my brand new buddy, Poliwrath :D
Hey, you never signed up for this challenge, so I have no friggin clue what game you were playing here. Mind filling me in so I can put you on the list?

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Ultimate Dragon Monotype: Platinum

Finished my Platinum run, on to HG. Final team:

Skai the Altaria (Lv. 64)

Sing
Dragon Dance
DragonBreath
Fly

MVP Smasher the Garchomp (Lv. 66)

Dig
Fire Blast
Dragon Rush
Return

Ultimate Dragon Monotype: HeartGold

4 badges so far. Here's my current team.

Drake the Dragonair (Lv. 32)

Blizzard
Dragon Rage
Slam
Agility

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Water monotype - LeafGreen

Where did I stop? Whatever. I beat Surge with a level 28 Wartortle and a level 26 Gyarados. Was kinda worried that Raichu would stop Gyarados cold but for some reason, it never used Shock Wave so I was able to kill it easily. Still running around catching filler dex so that I can get exp. share (or was it amulet coin? idr).

Rock Tunnel I go
Flash I forgot once again
Welp, small circle time.

Years
Well, guess I should do the next updates.

LeafGreen Ground Monotype, Update #5 - Final Update

Spoiler:

Final team:

Spoiler:

SoulSilver Ground Monotype, Update #2

Spoiler:

And here's my team there:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back