• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forever the Pikachu Race

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Or how about the 100-person decides what the next race will be? That's fun, exciting and non-repetitive.

I like this idea very much and I'll be sure to put up a reminder and such when we get closer to 100 (or 0 haha).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The Pokemon Race! Currently: Pikachu Lovers vs Haters

I'm guessing Peaches forgot her number? if this ain't the right number, please correct me :)

And I do like the idea of the 100th or the 0th person choosing the next race. and if that person doesn't include it in his/her post, the following person could decide!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

My number was in the quote.

And yep sounds good to me. Already changed the title and I'll see about editing the first post with the info as well.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Ohh I love the new idea, and it also means we won't have to put up with that annoying yellow rodent any more! We should keep a list of which Pokémon 'won' and which Pokémon 'lost', too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

What is it about that thing that you like so much though? I honestly can't see it as anything other than a slightly cute average boring Pokémon - there's nothing interesting about it. XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I like it because I do and I don't really feel like explaining myself right now.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

Cute, yellow, powerful (But hard to use), Nice design, voice♥ and franchise's mascot!

There's some of my reason! :)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017

Pikachu can be very good in the earlier generations, or early on in the newer gens.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

oh my gosh yes. Pikachu's voice eeee. ♥ Doesn't help that in another series (Tales of the Abyss) the japanese seiyuu for my favorite character is actually the same as Pikachu's. Ikue Otani yesss.

Emolga voices is adorable too, but bias.

Years
At this point I don't even care about the anime really. They botch up pronunciations, they make poor decisions and there's like a bajillion plotholes. The only thing I really enjoy about the anime is the Keldeo movie.

Pikachu though, I like, because it's an Electric type, and evolves into the actually really good if not really underrated Raichu. Now granted, Raichu got way nerfed after the split (even despite the introduction of Light ball and Volt Tackle), but it's still kinda good. It's in RU I think? Bottom line, I like Pikachu because of its utility, not because of its popularity. I liked Pikachu before it was cool, okay dammit!

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
63 <-One of my favorite numbers :D

I like Pikachu mainly because of Raichu. Although I don't use them often, I just can't say I hate them. So I liek dem Pikachus.

The anime is horrible. There's the same cast for a whole straight 10+ (?!) years, besides the first, what, three episodes of the first season Ash hasn't had much character development, and then when they actually do something well, they botch it up later. Which is why I rarely watch it.

Years

Ash and character development? God help us. ASH and CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
The Nostalgia Critic, yes, I went there, proclaimed once that Ash has the personality of sandpaper. Now granted, he also said, if I do vaguely so remember, that Brock has the personality of a frying pan, which I don't believe, but so help me, he is right about Ash. Sandpaper, don't get me wrong, has a wonderful personality. And Ash completely matches it in more than a few points.

With that said, I like the Keldeo movie because for once it's not ASH who's supposed to be the target of character development, and it works out in the end. So there's that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

The only people in the anime who have a little bit of character development seem to be Jessie, James and Meowth. Jessie the wanna-be-princess was born in a rather poor family and only wishes to get her rich prince to get lots of money. James on the other hand was rich and could have gotten all he wanted but his future was decided by his parents and so in order to be free and not marry this beast of fiance he one day decided to flee his destiny and got stuck with Team Rocket. And of course Meowth who learnt the human language and only wishes to be Pokemon No. 1 for Giovanni.

Don't know how their attitude changed in the later seasons since I lost interest when they got to Johto, though.

The only character development Pikachu had was that it learnt to like Ash and that it doesn't want to evolve. And with Ash...well we already know what character development he has (it's like the circle of life).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'm not going to partake in this Pokemon Anime conversation. Half the time when these conversations happen it's with people who haven't watched the anime in years anyways so it's a bit pointless in my perspective haha.

Back