• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gen 1 Pokémon Fan Club

Which starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Which is your least favourite Gen 1 Pokemon?

Oh wow, a bit of a tough decision. The first generation is so nostalgic, and all the memories, all the Pokemon, are things I keep close to hard, so choosing my least favourite between them. Not an easy choice. It's not like I really dislike any of the Pokemon, so I guess I'd have to go with the one I've been the most disappointed with, in which case I'd probably have to go with Moltres.

Moltres was the one of the three birds, I genuinely just didn't care about. It had a terrible moveset in the first generation games, its design was less than impressive, and it was the least out-of-the-way legendary of all in the first generation games, like it was such a mediocre legendary, it didn't even deserve a maze or a puzzle to be found, and was just conveniently placed on your way toward the E4. Kinda like the Sword of Justice trio in B2/W2. And it wasn't really worth picking up either, since its moveset when its caught consists only of Peck and Fire Spin, two very mediocre moves that wouldn't get you anywhere in the league. And it doesn't learn any other good moves apart from Sky Attack, which it doesn't learn until level 60, which I really never had the patience to train it to before taking on the league. So all in all, a very disappoint Pokemon. It was one of the Pokemon I caught, just because it was legendary.

They've improved on it as the generations has gone by though, it still wasn't much in the third generation games, and I've yet to use it in any fourth or fifth generation games, but I hear the addition of certain moves has made it a much more reliable Pokemon. But yeah, I guess that's the one of the first generation Pokemon I hate the most, just because of how big a disappointment it was :( And it was even a bird :(

Which is your least favourite Gen 1 starter?

I believe I've already talked quite a bit about the starters, so I'll just cut it short. Squitle is my least favourite first generation starter, because of how little I've used it. I've found all of the starters to be pretty awesome, but I've just not used Squirtle nearly as much as the two others, just because it didn't stand out as much. I used it a lot when I was younger, but that was just because I thought Grass was weak to Rock as well (it seemed logical to me), so I chose Squitle just because it'd be easier to get past Brock. I later came to realise that Bulbasaur was the best choice for that, and have used it for that reason pretty much ever since. If I want challenge, I've chosen Charmander. So Squirtle just kinda became left and forgotten, which is why it's my least favourite. But that's not to say I don't like it, since Squirtle is one of my favourite of Ash's Pokemon to this day, due to how great of a character it is :p

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Pin150.png

Pin150.gif
Your username:
Trozeiani150.gif

ChucklesLucifer, call me chuckles
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon:
Mewtwo
Why did you choose to join this club?:
I love Generation one above all the other's
Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon?
The first Pokemon movie I saw featured Mewtwo, and when I got the game... Boy did I look for him everywhere I finally beat the E4 WHEN I was running through cerulean and saw the unknown dungeon was open. After a long SPAM run I reached the center... and there he stood the mighty Pokemon I scavenged all of Kanto for with my Masterball I immidiatly through it, he was caught. My Pokemon journey was complete or so I thought...

Spr_3e_150.gif

Last edited:

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Hey, finally remembered this club... Listen, a Pokémon special is airing Oct. 2nd in Japan, all about Red and Green! Called: Pocket Monsters: The Origin. (Pokémon Origins)

Olli

Years
Pin150.png

Pin150.gif
Your username:
Trozeiani150.gif

ChucklesLucifer, call me chuckles
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon:
Mewtwo
Why did you choose to join this club?:
I love Generation one above all the other's
The first Pokemon movie I saw featured Mewtwo, and when I got the game... Boy did I look for him everywhere I finally beat the E4 WHEN I was running through cerulean and saw the unknown dungeon was open. After a long SPAM run I reached the center... and there he stood the mighty Pokemon I scavenged all of Kanto for with my Masterball I immidiatly through it, he was caught. My Pokemon journey was complete or so I thought...

Spr_3e_150.gif
Welcome to the club Chuckleslucifer! Finally we got one of the Mewtwo fans in here. I mean, there were tons of people obsessing about Mewtwo back in the day, I mean he was practically considered a Pokegod, a legitimate one that is :p But with Arceus stepping into the scene, Mewtwo was kinda degraded to just being a really strong Pokemon, because who can compete with an actual God, right? I hardly ever see people use Mewtwo anymore, and it just goes to show what 16 years can do to someone :( Great to see people still like him though :D

Hey, finally remembered this club... Listen, a Pokémon special is airing Oct. 2nd in Japan, all about Red and Green! Called: Pocket Monsters: The Origin. (Pokémon Origins)
Yeah, really looking forward to it! I'm just hoping it's gonna be a full-fleshed anime, seperated from the current one, though chances are it's probably just gonna be a few episodes. But it's definitely a great move on GF's part, because fans have been wanting this for years, and it may just catch the eyes of part of the original Pokemania crowd.

I'm really excited to see how they tackle the story though, ie are they gonna follow the games exactly as they were intended, or put their own twists on it like what was done with the PokeSpé manga. I'm just generally excited ;D

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Yeah, really looking forward to it! I'm just hoping it's gonna be a full-fleshed anime, seperated from the current one, though chances are it's probably just gonna be a few episodes. But it's definitely a great move on GF's part, because fans have been wanting this for years, and it may just catch the eyes of part of the original Pokemania crowd.

I'm really excited to see how they tackle the story though, ie are they gonna follow the games exactly as they were intended, or put their own twists on it like what was done with the PokeSpé manga. I'm just generally excited ;D

Yeah, I think it's hinting at a RGBY remake!

Olli

Years
Perhaps, but I don't think that's actually what they're aiming for. I mean, it might happen, since even though it's already gotten a graphical update, it's still the only generation that hasn't been introduced to the capabilities of the DS yet. But again, I think they're mainly trying to get back the old crowd into Pokemon, and as well as give some of the people who hate Ash as the main protagonist in the anime something to be excited about.

But yeah, we'll just have to see. There's not much we can actually draw any conclusions from yet, because it may either just be some marketing scheme, or it could be they're actually foreshadowing a remake. I mean, they left numerous hints to the remake of HG/SS throughout several games, but I just feel like this might be too obvious? :p

Olli

Years
Oh wait, I forgot R/S/E was on the GBA, but no, I actually meant Kanto. I consider the Kanto version of HG/SS to be kinda like the second generation Kanto, since there are several things that have changed within the region, as well as it isn't really story driven. Also I actually said that it was the first generation that hadn't been introduced to the DS, not Kanto, and there is a difference :p

But yeah, I am actually hoping for a remake of R/B/G/Y or FR/LG or whatever, but R/S/E remakes are still at the top of my list. I've already played through Kanto soooo many times in my life, counting all the times I've played through my Blue version, Leaf Green version, and I guess Silver could count too :p And I just kinda want something new, ie R/S/E remakes, rather than having to play through it once more. It's not that I like it, because it's easily my favourite region, and I would still be happy if we got an R/B/G/Y remake, but R/S/E are great games as well, and they just haven't touched on them in just about 10 years now :p But either way I'll be happy :D

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Your username: kirou12

Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Charizard

Why did you choose to join this club?I join this club because I want to hang out with Gen 1 lovers like me. I choose Gen 1 because, it is the first Pokemon game I played , which is Yellow version. And for me Gen 1 pokemons are awesome and cool, unlike the later gens. (well I am not saying I hate the later versions)

Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon? Well Charizard Is my Favorite Pokemon of all time.

Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle). Charmander, because he is the basic stage of Charizard.

Which was better to you - Rattata or Zubat? At first Zubat is annoying because when you enter a cave (except Diglet Cave) it is the most random encounter, and some of them block your escape or can't escape with them. For Ratata, well he is one of the first Pokemon I caught (together with Pidgey) and I like his move sets like Hyper Fang and Super Fang. So my vote goes to Ratata.

What is your least favorite

1. Gen 1 Pokémon Hmm, Zubat I think... because as I said it is annoying.

2. Gen 1 Starter: Well I love all Gen 1 Starters, but my least favorite is Bulbasaur. Well I don't dislike Bulbasaur he is just my least favorite.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
1. Gen 1 Pokémon
Wigglytuff it scared the pants off of me have you seen it's sprite?
Spr_1g_040.png

2. Gen 1 Starter
Squirtle by far I didn't like the look of blastoise. it just seemed off.
Spr_1b_009.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Your username: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Charmeleon. Probably. But I love most others as well.
Why did you choose to join this club?: Because I wanted to join a pokémon club and didn't feel like the singular type clubs were interesting enough, haha. Plus, I've always liked gen I so.

I've always loved Charmander and it's evolutions, and I have a thing for middle evos in starters. Bulbasaur is love, but Charmeleon is a bit cooler than the rest. Plus, fire is great and I like slashing pokémon, like Charmeleon is.

Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle).
Bulbasaur or Charmander. I can't decide because it depends now and then.

What Pokémon did you see most prominently in your Pokémon Gen 1 play through? Do you like this Pokémon?
Pikachu, haha. I mostly played Yellow. Yeah, I liked it but I would have liked it better if it evolved :( Other than it, maybe Hypno or Primeape. Always had those on my team, only changing them for Hitmonlee or Kadabra now and then. But Hypno is better. I like Hypno. And Primeape feels like an old friend by now, haha.

What was your favorite legendary in Gen 1 and why?
Hmmm. Maybe Mewtwo. It's cool looking and really strong. The birds are okay, but I always liked the Johto beasts more and Mewtwo is a bit more badass than those birdies :]

Which was better to you - Rattata or Zubat?
In gen I definitely Rattata! Or rather Raticate, haha. Hyper Fang <3 Zubat was too derpy in gen I. Really didn't like that until gen III.

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Did you guys watch the Pokemon Direct? they revealed that there is a Mega Evolution for the Gen 1 Starters.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Did you guys watch the Pokemon Direct? they revealed that there is a Mega Evolution for the Gen 1 Starters.
I saw! Not sure I like it, haha. I do think it's cool that they include the gen I starters into X & Y somehow (professor Sycamore will give you one) and the more Mega evos, the merrier imo. But I think they could have been designed better. So far I've loved all the Mega evos except for these.

Mega_Charizard-X-and-Y.jpg

Charizard is pretty okay though. Does anyone notice the weightloss he seems to get upon evolution? xD

Now we know why Ash brought him back onto his team. He's gonna evolve! ^^

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
I saw! Not sure I like it, haha. I do think it's cool that they include the gen I starters into X & Y somehow (professor Sycamore will give you one) and the more Mega evos, the merrier imo. But I think they could have been designed better. So far I've loved all the Mega evos except for these.

Mega_Charizard-X-and-Y.jpg

Charizard is pretty okay though. Does anyone notice the weightloss he seems to get upon evolution? xD

Now we know why Ash brought him back onto his team. He's gonna evolve! ^^

He looks like more of a Dragon Type now, wow can't wait to get my hands on Pokemon X and Y.

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
Hello!
I'm Black Dynamite :D or Ash (yes thats my real name)
my favorite gen 1 pokemon is Arcanine, when i was much younger it was a toss up between zapdos and scyther.
I love generation 1, it has the best theme song, starters, memories and pokemon. aswell as a badass legendary in mewtwo.

I just love arcanine, its powerful, graceful and awesome looking. arc's also my go to pokemon, i make sure to have one in every generation i play :D

Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle).
bulbasaur definitely

umm.... maybe articuno? it's a powerful tank and is my go to against dragon types

rattata, it never gave me an issue. zubat trolled me in caves, having a higher speed then most of my pokemon early on it always seems to use confuse ray as its first move!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Your username: Perdition Haze.
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Vulpix.
Why did you choose to join this club?: I was searching for more clubs to take part in, and this seemed perfect for me since I'm a big supporter of first-generation Pokémon.

Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon?!
Vulpix is one of the cutest Pokémon to ever appear in the Pokémon world. It's small, it's fluffy, and it evolves into one of the most widely-used Pokémon in competitive play. If I ever had this Pokémon as a pet in the real world, then I would always keep it in my arms whenever I got the chance. (:

I like Squirtle more, because it looks more cute to me than the other two. Plus, I love Blastoise. Its design is quite epic, and I love how it's able to take its cannons in and out of it shell whenever it wishes to.

I would have to say Zapdos. I found it to be one of the most useful Pokémon when it came to competitive battling. It had better-than-average Speed, a decent Special Attack stat, and with its high defensive stats, it was able to stall many of your opponent's Pokémon. Plus, it had access to Rest and Sleep Talk. With Rest, it had the chance to fully restore its health by making itself fall asleep for a couple of turns. Sleep Talk allowed it to continue to attack the opponent while it was still sleeping.

Probably Zubat, because they weren't able to annoy me as much since I wasn't in caves very often. xD

Last edited:

DarkEmeraldRarity

Love-Crazy and Music Mad
Years
Your username:
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Lapras or Gengar I can't choose
Why did you choose to join this club?: Even though my least favorite over all,i do like Gen 1
And remember to answer one of the current topics.
Lapras- Cause she was my favorite pokemon when i first played,screw the starters this camel can haul her own
Gengar- Her actually gave me nightmares as a kid but now he's just so cool looking and original
Bulbasaur, the other two didn't appeal to me more than a four legged dino plant
What Pokémon did you see most prominently in your Pokémon Gen 1 play through? Do you like this Pokémon?
I saw alot of Koffing and Zubat/Golbat and no i don't like Koffing but Zubat i adore
Articuno- I only used Articuno
Zu-Zu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back