• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Got a couple more Platinum/Diamond solos for you to add:

407.gif

Diva
Level 77 | Lonely | Female | Natural Cure
Giga Drain | Sludge Bomb | Leech Seed | Shadow Ball.

424.gif

Terrence
Level 73 | Adamant | Male | Technician
U-Turn | Double Hit | Shadow Claw | Ice Punch.

417f.gif

Annie
Level 80 | Bashful | Female | Pickup
Super Fang | Discharge | U-Turn | Dig​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
First Update
Luke| White

50px-Trio_Badge.png
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png

So far this has been really easy. Hermes has been great and has just been destroying everything to the ground. Don't think it will honestly be changing that much but I suppose we'll just have to see. It has Download and damn when it downloads Special Attack he's even more of a beast. Currently the Chargestone Cave and currently taking a break but I'll certainly be picking this back up and possibly finishing it up soon!

233.gif

Hermes (Porygon2) | Modest | Level 48 @ Lucky Egg
Recover, Psybeam, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Got the first 4 badges and so far it has been relatively easy.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
5.png

Jason the Charmeleon (M) @ Lv.35
Item: Charcoal
Scratch
Flamethrower
Ember
Smokescreen

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Update 2!
-Burgh was a pain! By the time his last pokeman was sent out, I only had 6 take downs left (now I hate both swadloon and dwebble). After a little struggle (quite literally!), I managed to stamp on his little bugs. He then cried and gave me the badge.

-Colress was almost as annoying, thanks to the combination of steel types and paralysis. I only won because of a crit

-Some randomer game me 10 red shards; more than enough to teach Bender iron head once I beat Clay (IF I beat clay).

-Grinded to level 33

374.gif

Bender @Eviolite (Level 33)
Take down

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Been a while but I final made some progress with my challenge.

Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png
50px-Dynamo_Badge.png

120.gif
Spoiler:
003.gif

Belladonna @Miracle Seed
Level 36 | Female | Adamant | Overgrow
Tackle | PoisonPowder | Leech Seed | Razor Leaf​

Years
First of all I have to apologize for being gone for a while :( I had some troubles with this pc so I had to use my old one in the mean time - and of course I forgot to move all my games etc. onto that computer >_>

Anyways before I lost my pc I remember taking on both team rocket hideouts - and I am about to face sabrina - but guess what? Last time I opened the game I was lost in the middle of her gym D: So I ll beat Sabrina later today and than I ll continue on my journey with Vaporeon :D

Years
The Fire Red leg of my solo challenge is complete!

Here's my update:

Spoiler:

Oh and here's a video if you feel like you wanna watch:
Spoiler:

Spr_5b_359.png

Korra the Absol (F)
Serious Nature
-Bite
-Swords Dance
-Return
-Aerial Ace

This leg was seriously so easy for me to do with Absol, I mean Absol is just so freakin good so

Moving on to the next leg (hopefully I can get Absol hacked in)!!

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png
50px-Dynamo_Badge.png
50px-Heat_Badge.png

121.gif
Spoiler:
003.gif

Belladonna @Miracle Seed
Level 45 | Female | Adamant | Overgrow
Strength | PoisonPowder | Leech Seed | Razor Leaf​

Years
Red is down! I trained a little and took down E4 once again and challenge him to rematch and with a luck and Toxic, I was able to took down all of his Pokemon (It's sad that I didn't make video of epic fight with Charizard)

Aaaaannnddd, here is last screenshot:

Spoiler:

But It's not all for today... I started Sapphire run and... and... and completed it in few hours (I just love Gen III. games). What can I say? Only Metagross was a problem and even beat me, so I had to beat E4 twice... (First time, I didn't learn Ivy Earthquake)

So, here is update:
Spoiler:

Ivy
Lvl. 68
Poison Point
- Ice-Beam
- Earthquake
- Double Kick
- Bite​

What now? I really don't like Gen IV. games, so I think I will skip it for now and play Black... To be continued...

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Turns out, when I was breeding chimchar, I forgot to save (coz I'm a genius).
So, I'll be continuing with beldum. Besides, how hard can it be?

Update 4:
Elesa was surprisingly easy. I had about 12 castelia cones to get rid of paralysis and her zebstrika with flame charge wasn't too bad at all. In fact, emolga was the hardest to beat (whoever made every emolga in the game know double team is a dead man)

Grinded to level 40

I can see you already changed it to Infernape, and I apologize if its annoying for you to change it, but just to let you know I'm continuing with beldum

374.gif

Bender @Eviolite

Badges: 4

Years
Ok I am finally done with Vaporeon solo run through FireRed <3 I beat Sabrina with ease - and same goes for last two gyms (fire and ground) - went through Victory road and beat both elite 4 and rival with ease - So I am done <3

Final team:

Raindrop (vaporeon) (M)

134.gif

Level 85
Naive nature
Ability: Water Absorb

Aurora Beam
Bite
Hydro Pump
Surf

I have few more runs in plan to start :3 I started typhlosion solo run on FR now - I also plan on doing seadra on FR, flareon and sceptile on ruby and sapphire, leafeon and glaceon on Pearl and snivy and garchomp on blaze black 2 :3 So this should be interesting :D

So I started off with another solo run - cyndaquil. I chose cyndaquil as my starter (used randomizer for that)- and I made my rival chose bulbasaur.
For first time I lost battling him in the lab - but the second time I battled him I won with ease (I really hate the fact that cyndaquil learns ember at so late level - tackling bulbasaur isn't fun at all >_> )
We went through Viridian forest with ease - burning one bug after another- We took on Brock and it took us quite a while to beat his onix - but we won - went through Mt. Moon and got a fossil I will never revive. Beat Misty with a bit of trouble - she was keep confusing my poor little Jimmy :( Beat rival again without any problems and got SS Anne ticket from Bill - beat the team rocket grunt and got dig- went to SS Anne and got cut - and I am about to take on the electric gym leader - I got the right trash cans in the first try! Yay for me lol xD Got all the way to rock tunnel :D So I am going to continue tomorrow ^^

My team:

Jimmy (Typhlosion)
157.gif

Lvl 38
Ability: Blaze
Sassy nature
Tackle
Flame Wheel
Quick Attack
Ember

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
I easily bet Brock with Absorb, and I am now on my way to Cerulean.

Current Team:

Kabuto

Bold Nature
Swift Swim
Lvl 15. Absorb, Rock Tomb, Scratch, Harden

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Update 5...
I venture into driftveil city and teach Bender iron head. About time!

I walk into the hell known as driftveil city gym and beat Satan's Clay's n00bs. I decided to train a little more because I have a phobia of clays excadrill. I'll fight clay later

374.gif

Bender @Eviolite
Level 41
Take Down
Iron Head

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I would like to join

Username:cooloctober3
Pokemon of Choice:Dragonite
Challenge:Ultimate
Game(s):Firered, Emerald, Hearthgold, diamond, Black

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Hey, sorry for not updating in some time. I have A LOT of screens to show you... :D

EDIT: Yeah, the thumbnails sucks, I don't want to change all the links. Sorry :)

First, the Elite Four. (Sorry for not screening the Rival Battle, I kinda forgot sometimes that he exist lol)

i4c.png
0vtw.png

oku4.png
3pn5.png

tbzg.png

xp35.png

Then, Kanto Gyms. (Again, not showing Rival).

u9wa.png
qczw.png
jtq.png
if27.png

1agv.png
ea72.png
c57v.png
969k.png

And finally... Him.

uvuw.png

What else to say? Starting a new Solo run... soon.

126.png
Lv. 74 @ Leftovers - Flamethrower, Headbutt, Iron Tail, Thunderpunch​

Last edited:

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
Username: Gfx
Pokemon of Choice: Alakazam
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single
Game(s): FireRed

Update 1:
BDG85uc.png

Q9nXup1.png

3uVPoyh.png

GBDOoKW.png

Going to bed now, will see how far I get tomorrow.

Last edited:
Years
Ok I completed typhlosion solo run with no problem at all - The only problem I had was champion's gyarados that had hydro pump and it was keep getting crits on me. But in the end I managed to win wich was great :D I had no troubles with any of the gym leaders and team rocket was really easy to take down (including Giovanni). Rival gave me no troubles at all - I managed to defeat him by OHKO every pokemon pretty much every time I battled him lol - except for his gyarados in elite 4 - He was keep using hydro pump on me and I didn't even have time to land a hit - I had to use full restore on me every time he hit me - than he finally ran out of pp on hydro pump and I managed to take him down with swift :3

Final team:

Jimmy (Typhlosion)
Lvl 83, Ability: Blaze
157.gif

Flamethrower
Flame Wheel
Swift
Ember

I started two new solo runs: Horsea/Seadra and Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile

First I started horsea - and than I realized that I am going to have problems with this one because of horsea's poor moveset - but I ll finish it eventually.
I chose horsea as my starter and my rival chose charmander. I defeated him in lab without any problems and same goes for defeating him on the road to pokemon league. I had some troubles getting through the forest because I got poisoned so many times >_> But eventually I made it and I challenged Brock - and defeated him using bubble :D I went to Mt. Moon and I ll take on Team rocket soon.

Current team:
Ariella (Horsea)
116.gif

Lvl 17, Ability: Swift Swim
Bubble
Smoke Screen
Leer

Than I started Sceptile solo run - I chose treecko as my starter and my rival picked up bulbasaur. I lost to him in lab but I defeated him on the way to pokemon league. I ran through the forest without getting poisoned and I took on Brock and defeated him without any problems. After defeating Brock my treecko evolved into Grovyle. I am on my way to Mt. Moon now.

Current team:
Geeckee (Grovyle) (Funny word I made out of geecko- which shows my imagination for nicknames lol)
253.gif

Lvl 16, Ability: Overgrow
Pound
Pursuit
Absorb
Quick Attack

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
Updated and Completed!

fGNA3xL.png

8tLPR6W.png

JbF4SIZ.png

0rDoBIi.png

Houdini the Alakazam's final level was 74.
I had 4 rare candies that got it from 65-69 to really help me to start it out.
The Jynx was really hard because it attracted and then kept doing lovely kiss. I ended up winning after a few Shock Waves.
Bruno was really easy. 1 hit everything with Psybeam.
Same with the Ghost Elite 4 Member.
Lance or Drake or whoever it is in this one was also very easy.
I first shock-waved his Gyrados in one hit.
Aerodactly took 2 Psybeams.
Then I crit hit Dragonite with Psychic for a one hit kill.
The two Dragoniars OHKO'd by Psychic.
Gary (Green) was a little tricky.
2 Hit kill his Pidgeot with Shock Wave.
One hit the Gyrados with Shock Wave.
One hit Venusaur with Psychic.
Arcanine was 3 hit because of a full restore, but I killed it with like 37 hp.
Then Alakazam came and it basically spammed Psychic and when that ran out, spammed Recover. I lost all my PP with Shock Wave and Psybeam and I ended up defeating it with 2 Psychics.
Rhydon came and I One hit it. And that was the game.

This kinda makes me wonder how people struggle with FireRed.
An Alakazam and Blastoise combination would be indestructible.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png
50px-Dynamo_Badge.png
50px-Heat_Badge.png
50px-Balance_Badge.png

122.gif