• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Seeing as I recognize a handful of those names, I'm more inclined to believe this guy. And I'm pretty sure the Fossils were on that list too, the Rock/Dragon T-Rex and the Apatosaurus one, IIRC.

I wonder if this is the multi-formed Cat we got? I don't recall seeing its name.

And that 'moonlight moth' and wolf Pokemon sound really cool. I may have to use those two.

There's a possibility the species the name leaker is speculating are wrong like the digging bee which was actually a bunny.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Oh woops, I accidentally bolded an extra Pokemon. I didn't mean to bold Gekkouga(I thought it was Froakie's evolution at first), so I edited it.

I have a feeling that although the translations may seem off, the names of these Pokemon are more than likely to be legitimate.

Years
Is he wrong because on account of it being bad information, or, could it simply be a translation issue? I think that would explain how some of the names were spot on and others (Like that bee/rabbit) were not.

I think it's a translation issue. It feels like someone gave this list leaker the names but not the actual Pokémon hence why there's no description of the Pokémon and what seems to read as guesses of what they mean.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
One pokemon on the list that caught my attention was Gekkouga (Moonlight Moth). Could it be that this is the Bug counterpart to Vivillion? Also Moonlight Moth tells me that this could be our first Bug/Dark. I know what your going to say, the Moon has been more reminiscent with Psychic types than Dark types but I still believe is possible.

Years
@ BeefTaco well thus far the moon has been associated with Dark (Umbreon), Normal (Skitty, Clefairy, ect.), Fairy (Jigglypuff which doubles as normal, Sylveon), and psychic (Lugia, Lunatone) so it could be any of those four. Maybe the moth could even be Ghost as moths can symbolize death and departure oppose to the butterfly which represents revival and spiritual awakening.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
Dianshii (ディアンシー)
Jigarude (ジガルデ)
Mafokushii (マフォクシー)

I think Borukenionis Pyroar. Gekkouga might be Froakie's final evolution. Burigaron might be Chespin's final evolution. Fuupa might be Fennekin's final evolution. The other three ould be anything imo.

blue

gucci
Years
So he guessed these lot correctly;

Hariboogu (Chespin's Evolution)
Teerunaa (Fennekin's Evolution)
Gekogashira (Froakie's Evolution)
Borukenion (Pyroar)
Dedenne
Nyaonikusu
Torimian

All of those have been revealed either been revealed in this month's CoroCoro or in the past couple of months, odds are the rest of that list are likely to be legit.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
@ BeefTaco well thus far the moon has been associated with Dark (Umbreon), Normal (Skitty, Clefairy, ect.), Fairy (Jigglypuff which doubles as normal, Sylveon), and psychic (Lugia, Lunatone) so it could any of those four. Maybe the moth could even be Ghost as moths can symbolize death and departure oppose to the butterfly which represents revival and spiritual awakening.

A ghost bug would be pretty awesome too not gonna lie. Shedninja just doesn't cut it.

I think Jigarude and Mafokushii might be of the same evolutionary line, Jigarude being the basic pokemon and Mafokushii being the evolution. Since Jigarude apparently has to do something with Ego I would assume its a some type of smug stylish pokemon, with this in mind when you think of the word Foxy you think of a stylish person. My theory is sort of a reach but I can see it happening with the Region being based on France.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
The names of the starters evolutions suggest that the rumors will come true for their final evolution's basis.

You mean these rumors right?

• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
• Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
• Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
• The professor's English name is Patrice.
The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
• The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
• A few attacks will be dual-typed.
• There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
• You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

and these also are from the same guy I think

• Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/Dark.
• A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.
• A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
• Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
• Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
• Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
• HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.
• Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
• A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
• Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
• If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If dual-type moves do become real, then I could see Muddy Water becoming a mixture of water and ground. I don't know if that will increase its usage though, because its accuracy will still remain kind of low. I also see Earth Power turning into part fire-type, since it allows you to hit your opponent with magma from below the earth.

I love the idea of playing mini-games to raise our Pokémon's EVs. This will make the process of EV training much more fun. (:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Here's to the dual-type move rumor being one of the few false claims in the mix. I really don't see how that would work. There's a lot of moves that can be classified as two or more types, but actually making them so would unnecessarily complicate things.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Yeah let's hope it's like th Patrice rumor...false...

Has it been proven false? I mean sycamore doesn't give us our starters and he does give us Kanto starters. Look at the preview of the anime Ash isn't introduce to the Kalos starters by sycamore but a women professor ( could be Patrice ) so maybe it isn't false. Maybe how bel gave you the starters in BW2 but they are from juniper is how your friend gives you the starters but they are from Patrice . I'm actually willing to bet there is a female professor named Patrice

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Dual-type move could just mean that two types get a STAB bonus, like Ice-types getting STAB on a freezing Water-type move or a chilly wind Flying-type move, while the actual move is still considered one type.

IDK, it could mean a few other things, like Hidden Power/Weather Ball type stuff.

Years
Has it been proven false? I mean sycamore doesn't give us our starters and he does give us Kanto starters. Look at the preview of the anime Ash isn't introduce to the Kalos starters by sycamore but a women professor ( could be Patrice ) so maybe it isn't false. Maybe how bel gave you the starters in BW2 but they are from juniper is how your friend gives you the starters but they are from Patrice . I'm actually willing to bet there is a female professor named Patrice

The idea of Patrice giving them to the players friends never came to me...it's certainly possible...but one would think we would've heard of her (officially) by now...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Only issue with the rumors is, We seem to have more than just 2 Rivals. Trevor has been said to be a rival, then there is the generic NPC Serena, and Shauna which has the weak starter. While Trevor and Teirno may not have the same starters can you really not call them your rival?

Meostic is supposed to be an evolved form as well according to the rumors. The cat twins don't really look like evolutions. I can't see them having a pre-evo.

As for Patrice, according to the rumor "She" was the regional professor who gave you your pokemon. The leak indicated that they were directly given. Official sources conflict this on two points, 1 Sycamore was said to be the regional professor for Kalos and Trevor gives you your Pokedex/Pokemon. (assuming Trevor since he does give the Pokedex.

Sycamore also takes the role to send the Player on their gym traveling journey.

Second gyms seems to be the Lumoise Gym. If the Anime has any indication, its ran by Clemont who uses a Dedenne. Although it is part Fairy, Clemont's hobby of building electrical devices and the gym's background looking very electronic/data-ish. You can pretty much say he's an electric gym. So that kinda breaks that rumor as well.

It also got the "Mewtwo forms" descriptions wrong. The revealed Mewtwo was small and somewhat Mewish, yes, but not that much that it doesn't resemble more of Mewtwo. Many fans even expected a more mew-esque form because of this. The newly revealed one that appeared after the other Mewtwo form does not look like Mew in the slightest bit.

So he said that the form that was already leaked looked like Mewtwo and the newer one would look more like Mew, that part is obviously wrong and can be debunked on the spot. Both came out after the actual image leak hence why they specifically said "Not just 1 but 2."

This doesn't seem to be the case of making false info to cover up and create a safety net. He got some right but the others are conflicting with what is being said officially.

The Professor's name according to the leaker was Patrice. The Professor's name according to Gamefreak is Sycamore.

Before we even found out about the Kanto Starters from Sycamore officially, his official page said that he was the one that entrusted you with your starter. This can mean that he gave Trevor the starters to hand out to you and your new friends which would mean he does give you both the Kalos and Kanto starters.

Back