• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the weakest Pokémon (stat wise) (not level wise) you've taken on a Champion with?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Dwebble. My Dwebble had Sturdy at the time, and I leveled it up to give it Stealth Rock. Such a great combination to guarantee one set of entry hazards.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The weakest Pokémon that I've ever taken on a champion with was Mawile. It was at level sixty-seven, and I used it to take on Steven. Mawile was able to defeat only his first Pokémon, and then was taken down by his Aggron instantly with a single Earthquake. I've also taken on Cynthia with a Quagsire in Pokémon Platinum once, but within just a blink of an eye, her Garchomp was able it down by using Dragon Rush.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Used a Sunkern once. That was before I got myself a cozy Sun Stone... he DID give some help against Lance, though. I think he Sunny Day'd the day, and got me ready for the other guys.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Interesting question... Never actually thought about it...
*stat searching*
Zigzagoon as HM Slave and if it doesn't count and need to be someone who actually battled then Pikachu in Yellow.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2015
the weakest i guess would be a archeops i used in white i just couldt get past his defeatant ability

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Kept a Lombre to the end in my first Sapphire playthrough. I never visited the abandoned ship and got a water stone.

Years
For me, it's probably the generic early-game bird Pokemon. I used Pidgeot in Soul Silver, and in terms of BST and the other Pokemon I had (Typhlosion, Gyarados, Ampharos, Machamp, etc) it was probably the 'weakest' out of the bunch. Still did a great job though, with Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, etc.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ahh it's hard to say I believe. I've gone in with Gloom, Furret, and many other Pokemon that don't have too high of a BST that I'm not quite sure what would have been my 'weakest'. Though I guess it would have to be Cyndaquil that I used in a Challenge not too long ago. I didn't finish the challenge completely but I did beat the Elite Four in the Challenge so it works with this thread I think.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I've actually beaten Lance in Pokemon Red with a level 20-something Weepinbell. Lance had taken out my main hitter Pokemon, so I sent out Weepinbell to use a revive. I noticed that Lance's Dragonite, which was currently out at the time, would not whatsoever attack Weepinbell, instead opting to continually use Agility (I think it was Agility). Weepinbell ended up taking out Dragonite, along with about 2 other Pokemon of his. It was a fun time. xD

He also took out 1 of Blue's Pokemon as well, because it wouldn't attack Weepinbell either.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Vibrava in RSE once since I like its design.

Delcatty and Beautifly in another RSE run because they're cute Pokemon.

Wartortle in FRLG and Croconaw in Crystal because I like these middle stage evolutions. I especially prefer Croconaw over Feraligatr.

In my first push through the E4 in Gold, I had a Graveler, Nidorino, and Furret on my team lol.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
I've recently used a Dunsparce and Maractus on the same team in BW2. Dunsparce was a beast with Coil though, so i wouldn't call him very weak.

This probably goes to Beautifly. I used one in Platinum. And oh my was that a big mistake. I still used it throughout the whole game... but let's just say its usefulness overall was questionable.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I went all Ash and took a Pikachu to the Hoenn Elite 4. His speed was decent but everything else was pretty bad. The rest of my team was alright though so it didn't really matter. I don't think he even KOed Sealeo in one hit haha.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I've actually beaten Lance in Pokemon Red with a level 20-something Weepinbell. Lance had taken out my main hitter Pokemon, so I sent out Weepinbell to use a revive. I noticed that Lance's Dragonite, which was currently out at the time, would not whatsoever attack Weepinbell, instead opting to continually use Agility (I think it was Agility). Weepinbell ended up taking out Dragonite, along with about 2 other Pokemon of his. It was a fun time. xD

He also took out 1 of Blue's Pokemon as well, because it wouldn't attack Weepinbell either.

Oh yes, I know this one. You see, Agility is a Psychic type move and Weepinbell is a Poison type, so the AI thinks Agility will be "super effective" on Weepinbell, without giving respect to the fact that it doesn't deal damage. This is why Haunter, Arbok etc. would be a good choice to beat Dragonite. I also faced this with Venusaur XD

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
I recently tried to take on the Hoenn Elite Four with just a Magikarp.

Needless to say, it did not end well. Never got past trainer 2 without using others in the team.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
Years
I know it's cliche, but I took a Level 99 Magikarp.

It knew Tackle, Flail, Splash, and Bounce.

It was an embarrassment to show my Hall of Fame to others.

And it did evolve into a level 100 Gyarados. But it still knows only those four moves...

Back