• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Hey-lo!

Sorry for going AWOL everybody, I've started a new job and had to focus on that for a while, which unfortunately meant no time for poke-shenanananigans. Would it be alright if I re-joined with Sammy? I have lots planned for her and I'd hate to not be able to see her journey through.

Thanks!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I'm cool with pretty much anything since my class got maimed somehow tragic accident where everyone left and I'm pretty sure my actual students never made it to class. I will still be posting if I am allowed to post. XD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Synthet: Of course!

@Everyone: Seems like skipping to Christmas is pretty cool with everyone. I'll poke Megaman765 since he's more aware of the fine details of what's currently going on ICly than I and see about the details of making that happen.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
@Yellow Something I've been meaning to ask about the distorted time/holiday frequency on the island. We'll be moving directly to Christmas. Should this be played IC as a timeskip, i.e. the current IC day happened at least a few weeks ago, or do we play it as literally the next day? I'm fine with either, it's just so I know how to approach it!

Dawn

Years
@Synthet: I've deliberately kept that very vague in hopes of not stressing people with the mechanics of "HOW AM I NOT PACKED WITH LEVEL 100 POKEMON YET HAVE I BEEN SLEEPING FOR THE PAST MONTH!?".

My recommendation is to treat it as an IC timeskip, but to brush over some of the finer details in favor of a less jarring transition full of "Hey, haven't seen you in weeks!"

It's just... the alternatives are so much more painful. Jarring transitions and or repetitively boring days. There was this period of time where I was totally angsting rather hard over how to handle this because of the nature of PTA's time system.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
No problem! I'll treat it simply that during the mini-timeskip my character has been focusing more on studying and theory rather than practical training and battling. That way the Pokemon levels can stay the same, but I can justify having come up with new strategies etc.

Dawn

Years
Megaman is totally off being productive somewhere (Because he does lots of awesome stuff outside of PTA) so... I apologize on the wait. I don't quite feel comfortable ending the day due to my lack of context on what's going on. I'll see if I can't make a 'morning post' for you guys though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I'm fine for the next day to happen, Sammy isn't up to anything special at the minute.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
I'll get the time skip to chirstmas up soon! If everybody is finished up what they're doing then I'll get right on it!

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
@Megaman765: Y-You could always ask me over Skype! o3o I also totally planned to skip right to Christmas from the beginning.

...And why has that new app gone untouched for a week?! Dx Sonatron is like, sitting there wanting to join and--

@Sonatron: Looks good to me! You're approved! o3o; I believe there is a Snivy named Thyme owned by another RPer's character still in the RP~ ...Things would get very confusing if they ever met!

Oh I got approved 10 days ago 0.o sorry I've been inactive for so long, I'll be active now XD Thanks for accepting me :D
Thyme must be a popular name :S I could change it I suppose, I named my Pokémon after what I nicknamed them ingame, but I can change it.

EDIT: I changed his name to "Burdock" just to avoid confusion XD

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Sorry it took me this long to post. I'm back in action now, though!

EDIT: In case my post wasn't worded clearly enough at the beginning, my character is a few hundred feet out of the Suicune Dorm, facing the forest.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
As Pokemon X and Y approach in the next week or so I'd like to make it known that I'll have the game probably a day after launcher or so as it is pre-ordered with 1 day shipping. I'll be pouring through the game very hard, and all non-legendary X and Y pokemon will be available for catching immediately upon release. (Though, I will not be able to update the main post until I figure out how to deal with them since they don't have traditional sprites.)

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
If all Pokemon from X and Y will be available soon I'll definitely have Vanille get an Amaura when the time comes if that's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back