• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah it seems like one of the fake rumors.
Also it sounds like he got the Mega Mewtwos upsidedown with the one we already saw (Y) being the more Mew like of the two and the yet to be revealed (X) to be more Mewtwo like...wonder if he did that on purpose...still don't think he's that good of a guesser...either that or someone feed the leaker himself false info...

blue

gucci
Years
Not sure if that has been covered in here since it was posted a couple of weeks ago online, but there's a rumor that the total amount of Pokémon you're able to catch in Pokémon X & Y is 650 which would be over double the amount found in Black 2 & White 2. Idk whether I believe that or not but either way I think that would be brilliant.

Years
Not sure if that has been covered in here since it was posted a couple of weeks ago online, but there's a rumor that the total amount of Pokémon you're able to catch in Pokémon X & Y is 650 which would be over double the amount found in Black 2 & White 2. Idk whether I believe that or not but either way I think that would be brilliant.
I really doubt that number...but it would leave two parts 220 Pokemon with one having 210 which sounds like a good number for three individual regions...
However that number will practically be 6/7th's of all the Pokemon thus far if not more...

Years
Do you think Deoxys will get mega evo?
Just recently I watch a video about pokemons that need some love and it was first on the list.
And I completely agree, deoxys such a cool pokemon, much more than mewtwo that everyone seem to like(and I say this as a gen 1 fan).

Beside, it got the letter X and Y in its name(deoXYs), so why not? :P

Years
Just recently I watch a video about pokemons that need some love and it was first on the list.
And I completely agree, deoxys such a cool pokemon, much more than mewtwo that everyone seem to like(and I say this as a gen 1 fan).

I would like to see one or two...tbh. They could make it a MegaEvolution for Normal Deoxys only but with the benefit that it's well rounded, being both fast, strong, and bulky.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
What will be revealed in the special announcement tomorrow? Pokkén Fighters? X/Y information?
The aesthetics used in the video match the leaked Gotta catch em all remix video. What's with the website anyway?

One last thing; tomorrow will mark the 9th anniversary of the release of Pokemon Emerald in Japan. Coincidence? Perhaps...

Years
What will be revealed in the special announcement tomorrow? Pokkén Fighters? X/Y information?
The aesthetics used in the video match the leaked Gotta catch em all remix video. What's with the website anyway?

One last thing; tomorrow will mark the 9th anniversary of the release of Pokemon Emerald in Japan. Coincidence? Perhaps...

Really?! Woah so Pokémon Emerald release day is the same as Mexico's independence...funny as Rayquaza is based off an Aztec god in terms of design and namd xD.
Maybe it'll be Mega Rayquaza! It can be a feathered serpent :3

Or maybe MegaDeoxys! (which got a speed forme in Emerald)...
Or nothing related to Hoenn...

There is a good chance it can be Pokkenfighters...there was that rumor of a wii U game being announced close to XY's release...forgot where I heard it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Since Deoxys already has 4 forms, I think its safe to say he won't be getting any Mega forms. They'd have to make a Mega for all four of his forms if they did and I just can't see them doing this so anything with a form change is pretty safe from getting a new Mega Form.

Years
@ Xander. Not necessary at least for Deoxys. It's Mega could be it's perfect stage, no longer needing to transform to adapt as now it can be well rounded with high stats in all areas so it can lose it's ability to transform in said Mega Evolution. Out of all Pokémon with formes...I think Kyurem will be the least likely to have a Mega as it's foorme comes from Fusion...unless they have normal Kyurem Mega evolve in it's husk state...and not be able to fuse of course...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
The other thing I can think of tomorrow is Emerald available in the 3DS Shop as downloadable software.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The other thing I can think of tomorrow is Emerald available in the 3DS Shop as downloadable software.
I know it's a coincidence about Emerald's release date falling near the day of Pokémon's special announcement, but I think the announcement may be something unrelated. I can't see them unveiling something about another game, much less an older one, when they're currently promoting X and Y.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I could totally see normal Deoxys getting a Mega... eventually. I don't think it'll be something we see this generation (or at release... who knows, maybe mega-forms are what they have in mind for DLC.)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
The ONLY legends listed on that poster were Mewtwo and Celebi. (if the poster is to be believed.)

Deoxys is the worst idea for a mega. 1. He cant get more powerful - each form has at least 1 stat that is the highest of all pokemon. 2. He has more forms than any other pokemon.

There is no motivation to give him a new form, because he has 4. There is no way to make him more powerful because he is the most powerful in at least 1 areas in each form.

Dunspace would be the ULTIMATE Mega-Evolution!

Years
The ONLY legends listed on that poster were Mewtwo and Celebi. (if the poster is to be believed.)

Deoxys is the worst idea for a mega. 1. He cant get more powerful - each form has at least 1 stat that is the highest of all pokemon. 2. He has more forms than any other pokemon.

There is no motivation to give him a new form, because he has 4. There is no way to make him more powerful because he is the most powerful in at least 1 areas in each form.

Deoxys mega evo is a bad idea because he is strong? than what would you say about mewtwo?!
Also his mega evo can be perfect form, where he find the balance between all his form.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019

If they have enough of an interest in the Pokemon, I'm sure they'd figure something out to give him a Mega. Look at Mewtwo or even Garchomp... did they REALLY need a Mega? They're already pretty jacked to begin with. I'm not saying he'll have one, nor that he really needs one... but I just don't think you can absolutely rule it out that he'll maybe get one in the future.

Dunsparce would be pretty cool to have a Mega. Would make for an interesting choice. Personally, I'd love to see some more Ghost type Pokemon get Megas. Gengar, Mismagius, Sableye and Spiritomb to name a few.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
The reason I suggested normal Deoxys to get a Mega evolution wasn't because he is weak, I suggested he get an evolution because his other forms completely outclass him in terms of usability. The lack of focus in his stats make him unable to perform certain task at the same level as his other forms can since their stats are indeed focused.

A Mega-Evolution wouldn't give him a new form exactly, it would just make for a viable and recommended Normal Deoxys set which is not present at this time. I would like to say that I don't think this is absolutely necessary, even if they are different forms Deoxys as a whole is viable with said forms.

Years
Deoxys mega evo is a bad idea because he is strong? than what would you say about mewtwo?!
Also his mega evo can be perfect form, where he find the balance between all his form.
Exactly! He can be a lightning bruiser. It seems to be the one missing as current it has Jack of all trades, master of none (normal), Fragile speedster (speed), Glass Cannon (attack), and Stone wall (defense). Though I guess it's Mega could also be a Mighty Glacier (great attack and defense but horrible speed).

@ Snowpoint Actually Rotom has the most, or possibly Arceus if you count it's Multitype transformation as forms (not counting Unown who can't change between it's different shapes).

Years
Mega Deoxys is a terrible idea. Sure, Garchomp and Mewtwo may already be overpowered but they don't have four forms either. The selling point of Deoxys is that it has variation in its other forms. To make Deoxys mega would make all its other forms redundant. What's the point?
Argue for your case all you like, but there are many pokemon more deserving of a mega evolution. Mega Deoxys will not happen.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Deoxys mega evo is a bad idea because he is strong?

Deoxys isn't strong, he is actually the Absolute best in every category. Each form breaks the record for the highest stats relevant to that form. He can't get stronger because he is already #1. There is no room for growth.

Luvdisc, on the other hand, can only get better with a Mega Evolution.

Back