Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old August 5th, 2013 (8:03 AM). Edited October 20th, 2014 by awipe1.
awipe1's Avatar
awipe1 awipe1 is offline
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 215


    Introduction


    Hello everyone and welcome to my ROM hack called Pokemon Battle Brown! Battle Brown is a ROM hack of Pokemon Fire Red and it is the first hack that is being created by me, awipe1. This thread is where I will be posting updates, posting new versions of the ROM and listening to the communities requests for bug fixes and prefrences.

    Story
    You begin the ROM three days after a giant war has taken place. The war was between two regions, Manitoba and Sask The war was fought in the far off land over a Pokemon called Deoxys. Since the region is now safe, you and the other two young boys in your home town of 'Winnipeg' will now be able to pick your very first Pokemon and be able to go on your very own Pokemon Journey. Soon after you start traveling, you find out that your father never makes it back home form the war.

    Gameplay


    My game will include the following:
    *The Ability to catch all the Pokemon from the 1st/2nd/3rd Gen games.
    *Every legendary Pokemon will have a story to follow them; whether it be unique, from a movie or from and older game.
    *The game will involve many optional sidequests
    *Pokemon from gen IV (evolve forum and legendaries)
    *Unique puzzles that I have yet to see in any Pokemon game before.
    *New TMs of moves that were only learnt by certain Pokemon
    *Moves from Gen 4/5/6
    *New Music (Still unsure if I will add these)

    Screenshots
    Spoiler:




    Downloads

    There are currently no downloads for this ROM yet. As soon as I make enough progress for one gym, I will release the first version to the public to test out for bugs and feedback.



    Most Recent Progress
    I am currently adding data for the new Pokemon being added into the game (Gen 4 Pokemon)

    I am currently adding to the story line right now and adding trainers to Route Alpha.

    - Oct 20th, 2014

    Questions for the Public

    Alright so I would like your guys opinion. Do you want me changing the tilesets of EVERYTHING in the game (like inside of buildings) or just the outside of buildings? I could change the inside of buildings but it would take a lot of work. I'm unsure if I am going to do this or not but I know if I am going to do so, I will have to do so early on. It will also take a long time to finish. So my question to you guys is, do you want me to make a whole new tileset for the inside of buildings? It will make my game more unique but It will take a LOT of time, and if I do so you guys probably won't see a BETA for atleast another year.


    Credit

    A big thanks to everyone on this community that makes it what it is, you guys rock.
    Thanks to all the people who have created the tools I am using.
    A special BIG thanks to
    karatekid552 and iLoveHate for pretty much teaching me everything I know!

    I have gotten all my tiles from the following people
    Spoiler:
    Zinc, zeo254, Kyledove, Alistair, Zeikku, TB Pro, FM, FlaerKnight/Flyer, PrinceLegendario, Zien, PokemonMasters, NzFury, Alucus, Manipulation, Chibi Robo, Wesley FG, newtiteuf, Kyledove, CNC, Alistair, alucus_of-borg, lalo0101, kyledove, sab


    Beta Testers

    These are the people who wish to beta test my game form time to time. If you wish to be a part of this list, let me know!

    latias190
    JoseFigGaming
    Gen III
    kkxd
    Deltara9091
    Dylan
    Zebz213
    yveltal113
    Zabuo
    tiggytiggy122
    flamebot
    adidasmagic6542
    __________________
    Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old August 6th, 2013 (3:32 AM).
    slim spazzy's Avatar
    slim spazzy slim spazzy is offline
    Kik: spazzyda59
       
      Join Date: Aug 2009
      Age: 20
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 349
      Hmmmm... the storyline seems interesting.... I think you should find a good mapper and improve the graphic appeal of your hacks btw FIRST POST !!!
        #3    
      Old August 6th, 2013 (4:37 AM).
      Varion Bluefire's Avatar
      Varion Bluefire Varion Bluefire is offline
      A.K.A The Glitch
         
        Join Date: Apr 2013
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 663
        If this takes place 3 days after a giant war.

        You may want to change tiles alot, because at the moment it doesn't look post-war times.
        Also, the story seems pretty good, let's just hope it turns out good in gameplay.

        Also, you've not used the [Red_FR] command in XSE to make the font red from talking to a female NPC.
        Also the name WINNIPEG sounds strange and not very town-like?
        __________________

        Just strollin' to my next destination...
          #4    
        Old August 6th, 2013 (5:41 AM). Edited August 6th, 2013 by awipe1.
        awipe1's Avatar
        awipe1 awipe1 is offline
           
          Join Date: Aug 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 215
          Thanks a lot for the feedback! I really apperciate it!

          I am going to change the tiles, the game still has A LOT of work to do. I'm focusing mostly on the game play right now which I think is more important.

          This 'war' is something that happened in a distant land, not in the actual region of (haven't decided if I want to call it manitoba or arsena yet).

          With the mother text thing, I never realised that mistake. I made that script when I was new to scripting so I guess I just missed the textcolor 0x1, thanks for point it out.

          That's why I want to start working on my gameplay, so while people test it out and discover the bugs, I can work on graphical things such as tilesets and sprites.

          Once again I appreciate any critizism! Thanks a lot!

          EDIT: Also the reason why I named it WINNIPEG is because that is the name of the city I live in. I am naming all the towns after cities that are in Manitoba (the province I live in).
            #5    
          Old August 12th, 2013 (5:33 PM).
          Dylan's Avatar
          Dylan Dylan is offline
             
            Join Date: May 2013
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 6
            Wow ! This looks cool awipe1 !! Thanks again for helping me out in my rom hack :D
              #6    
            Old August 12th, 2013 (9:00 PM).
            awipe1's Avatar
            awipe1 awipe1 is offline
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 215
              No problem! If anyone want's to try out my ROM, PM me and I will send you a copy.
              __________________
              Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!
                #7    
              Old August 24th, 2013 (2:36 PM).
              dudebot's Avatar
              dudebot dudebot is offline
              Glowing Yellow
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2012
                Location: Nomnom Town
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 127
                The thing about that war is that you didn't exactly specify it's relevance to the story that takes place in the game. So, it's easy to confuse the war as happening in this region.

                Although, I'm curious as to how father not returning ties into the game. That's definitely difficult to pull off. Worst case scenario, you end up having the story be completely unrelated to the Pokemon Journey.

                So far, things look well. And you have an interesting prospect, bring war into the world of Pokemon. Can't wait to see the finished project.
                __________________
                  #8    
                Old August 25th, 2013 (6:38 AM).
                awipe1's Avatar
                awipe1 awipe1 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2012
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 215
                  Thank you for the feed back.

                  The War is related to the story in a few ways, and I don't want to spoil any of those ways. However, I have thought it through and I have related it to your Pokemon Adventure in a unique way.

                  The father not returning is also an important plot point to the game. It gets explained along the way. It's also an important part to the game.

                  I really appreciate any and every feedback you guys give me.
                  __________________
                  Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!
                    #9    
                  Old August 25th, 2013 (5:17 PM).
                  Frosty~'s Avatar
                  Frosty~ Frosty~ is offline
                  Pancakes are a girl's BFF
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2009
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 44
                    Your titlescreen is awesome, and I also think a graphics change would be good here. I can't wait to see how your game develops, and hopefully it won't turn into an abandoned project. So you have my support. Not that my support means much.
                    __________________
                    "The world's changing at lightning speed,
                    but the faster you move the narrower your vision becomes.
                    That's why you've got to stop and look around you.
                    Other wise you'll lose yourself."
                    - Megaman

                    My deviantArt
                      #10    
                    Old August 25th, 2013 (7:51 PM).
                    awipe1's Avatar
                    awipe1 awipe1 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 215
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by CayCay98 View Post
                      Your titlescreen is awesome, and I also think a graphics change would be good here. I can't wait to see how your game develops, and hopefully it won't turn into an abandoned project. So you have my support. Not that my support means much.
                      I really want you to know two things.

                      1) I didn't make the title screen myself, I had a friend (karatekid552) make it for me.

                      2) your support means ALOT to me. I can't stress enough how happy seeing this comment made me. Saying a few simple things like this just makes me want to work on my ROM more. the more support like this I get, the less likely It will turn into an 'abandoned project'. Even though I am very passionate about my ROM and don't see it becoming an abandoned project anyway.
                      __________________
                      Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!
                        #11    
                      Old August 26th, 2013 (1:47 PM).
                      GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                      GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                      (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2012
                      Location: Earth
                      Age: 19
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 2,477
                      Nice storyline, I must say. You plan on changing the OWs anytime?
                      __________________
                      I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                      The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                      Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                      Support me at my site!
                      Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                        #12    
                      Old August 26th, 2013 (4:34 PM).
                      awipe1's Avatar
                      awipe1 awipe1 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 215
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                        Nice storyline, I must say. You plan on changing the OWs anytime?
                        Thanks for the feedback!

                        Yeah I am! I am currently working on changing the tilesets for my ROM and after that is done I am planning on changing the heros OWs and the second rivals OWs, I am going to keep Garys because ... welll you know ... He is a bad ass!

                        But I have completely new gym badges/gym trainers and they have thier own OWs and trainer sprites.

                        Here is one that I finished earlier
                        DylanGoodAgainThePsyducked6.png

                        Thanks for the feedback! I am planning on releasing a beta when I finish my tilesets, make some new OWs and get to the first Gym.
                        __________________
                        Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!
                          #13    
                        Old August 26th, 2013 (8:36 PM).
                        Orifiel's Avatar
                        Orifiel Orifiel is offline
                        Priestess
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2013
                          Location: Tokyo, Japan
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 421
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
                          Thanks for the feedback!

                          Yeah I am! I am currently working on changing the tilesets for my ROM and after that is done I am planning on changing the heros OWs and the second rivals OWs, I am going to keep Garys because ... welll you know ... He is a bad ass!

                          But I have completely new gym badges/gym trainers and they have thier own OWs and trainer sprites.

                          Here is one that I finished earlier
                          Attachment 69427

                          Thanks for the feedback! I am planning on releasing a beta when I finish my tilesets, make some new OWs and get to the first Gym.
                          So which trainer sprite is that one? well done!
                          __________________
                          ~ Pair | Character | Previously L96 ~
                            #14    
                          Old August 26th, 2013 (9:07 PM).
                          awipe1's Avatar
                          awipe1 awipe1 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 215
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by L96 View Post
                            So which trainer sprite is that one? well done!
                            That is going to be a Psychic elite four member. I am thinking of making him levitating a Pokeball. Actually he is one of the commenters on this thread, he is dylan.

                            If you want I can show you guys the overworld I have created for him.
                            __________________
                            Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!
                              #15    
                            Old August 27th, 2013 (12:11 AM). Edited August 27th, 2013 by latias190.
                            latias190's Avatar
                            latias190 latias190 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2013
                              Location: Australia
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Quiet
                              Posts: 62
                              Here's the things I found out during my little short play through.
                              - When you talk to Travis to get the Pokeball, he walks away while he is still talking.
                              - When you restart the game each time, your rival and Brendan will choose different Pokemon either stronger or weaker to yours. (Not sure if this was meant to happen.)
                              - Gary's sister, May (both in their houses) and the old guy (sitting at the desk in the Pokemon Centre) won't talk or move at all.
                              - The yellow building in the starting town takes you to route 2 not allowing you to return home. When you re-enter the house from route 2 it takes you to the inside of an empty gym.
                              - After beating Team Rocket grunt and going towards Emerson, Brendan wants a battle (he has 3 Pokemon), how did he catch pokemon out of the blue like that? Anyway, during the battle with him, it says 'Gary' throughout the whole battle instead of Brendan.


                              I stopped there because Brendan kept using potions while the player doesn't have any so it's impossible to beat him right now.

                              Sorry if this was not what you wanted. It's my first time beta playing.
                              Overall, I like the idea of having all the 3 generation starters to choose from.
                              Keep it up.

                              PS:
                              I think the first battle with Brendan should not be so early (after beating Team Rocket grunts) since we don't have a Pokemart, we can't buy any supplies we need therefore we can't heal in battle. I think you should put a Pokemart in the players town. (Just a thought)
                                #16    
                              Old August 27th, 2013 (6:20 AM).
                              awipe1's Avatar
                              awipe1 awipe1 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2012
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 215
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by latias190 View Post
                                Here's the things I found out during my little short play through.
                                - When you talk to Travis to get the Pokeball, he walks away while he is still talking.
                                - When you restart the game each time, your rival and Brendan will choose different Pokemon either stronger or weaker to yours. (Not sure if this was meant to happen.)
                                - Gary's sister, May (both in their houses) and the old guy (sitting at the desk in the Pokemon Centre) won't talk or move at all.
                                - The yellow building in the starting town takes you to route 2 not allowing you to return home. When you re-enter the house from route 2 it takes you to the inside of an empty gym.
                                - After beating Team Rocket grunt and going towards Emerson, Brendan wants a battle (he has 3 Pokemon), how did he catch pokemon out of the blue like that? Anyway, during the battle with him, it says 'Gary' throughout the whole battle instead of Brendan.


                                I stopped there because Brendan kept using potions while the player doesn't have any so it's impossible to beat him right now.

                                Sorry if this was not what you wanted. It's my first time beta playing.
                                Overall, I like the idea of having all the 3 generation starters to choose from.
                                Keep it up.

                                PS:
                                I think the first battle with Brendan should not be so early (after beating Team Rocket grunts) since we don't have a Pokemart, we can't buy any supplies we need therefore we can't heal in battle. I think you should put a Pokemart in the players town. (Just a thought)
                                THANK YOU SO MUCH!
                                This feedback means a lot tome and this is my reply to all this!

                                - Thank you for that travis thing, I never noticed. I will fix that right away.
                                - For the starters, Yeah I made the script completely random. I like the idea of always having a random outcome no matter what starter you pick.
                                - For the NPCs that don't talk yet, It's because I have a script for them that is going to be big, and I haven't had time to work on it yet. However the old man SHOULD talk, I will get that fixed right away!
                                - The yellow building, I forgot about that! I did that so I could beta test a certain part of the game! I will get that fixed right away!
                                - The rival saying 'Gary' is something I have known but just haven't had time to fix it!

                                So what I gathered form this is:
                                I need to work on fixing BRENDAN up a bit. From what you have told me (and I completely agree) I made him TOO strong for the situation right now, because you don't have many places to train and you don't have many Pokemon to catch! I am going to take away BRENDANs potions, put a pokemart in town, and maybe take away one of his pokemon.

                                SUPER SPECIAL THANK YOU TO YOU! If you ever need any favor or anything let me know!
                                __________________
                                Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!
                                  #17    
                                Old August 28th, 2013 (7:30 AM).
                                GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                                GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                                (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                                • Gold Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2012
                                Location: Earth
                                Age: 19
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Jolly
                                Posts: 2,477
                                I think BW overworlds will suit the game better than those 3rd gen ones. It makes it seem like you're not willing to do work by changing them. But either way it's your hack.
                                __________________
                                I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                                The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                                Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                                Support me at my site!
                                Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                                  #18    
                                Old August 28th, 2013 (9:08 AM).
                                awipe1's Avatar
                                awipe1 awipe1 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2012
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 215
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
                                  I think BW overworlds will suit the game better than those 3rd gen ones. It makes it seem like you're not willing to do work by changing them. But either way it's your hack.
                                  I am going to change the overworld eventually, but there are some that i'm going to keep. Like I plan on changing the hero and the rival and other OWs but with like the bug catcher and stuff, why fix something that works perfectly fine? I'm already adding a bunch of tilesets and trainersprites to change my game up

                                  But thanks for the feed back!

                                  P.S I would never use the BW overworlds cause I hated BW
                                  __________________
                                  Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!
                                    #19    
                                  Old August 29th, 2013 (4:21 AM).
                                  latias190's Avatar
                                  latias190 latias190 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Aug 2013
                                    Location: Australia
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Nature: Quiet
                                    Posts: 62
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
                                    THANK YOU SO MUCH!
                                    This feedback means a lot tome and this is my reply to all this!

                                    - Thank you for that travis thing, I never noticed. I will fix that right away.
                                    - For the starters, Yeah I made the script completely random. I like the idea of always having a random outcome no matter what starter you pick.
                                    - For the NPCs that don't talk yet, It's because I have a script for them that is going to be big, and I haven't had time to work on it yet. However the old man SHOULD talk, I will get that fixed right away!
                                    - The yellow building, I forgot about that! I did that so I could beta test a certain part of the game! I will get that fixed right away!
                                    - The rival saying 'Gary' is something I have known but just haven't had time to fix it!

                                    So what I gathered form this is:
                                    I need to work on fixing BRENDAN up a bit. From what you have told me (and I completely agree) I made him TOO strong for the situation right now, because you don't have many places to train and you don't have many Pokemon to catch! I am going to take away BRENDANs potions, put a pokemart in town, and maybe take away one of his pokemon.

                                    SUPER SPECIAL THANK YOU TO YOU! If you ever need any favor or anything let me know!
                                    No problem If you need someone to test your new Battle Brown updates / Hacks, let me know. I'll be happy to help out.
                                      #20    
                                    Old August 31st, 2013 (6:20 AM). Edited August 31st, 2013 by awipe1.
                                    awipe1's Avatar
                                    awipe1 awipe1 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2012
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 215
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by latias190 View Post
                                      No problem If you need someone to test your new Battle Brown updates / Hacks, let me know. I'll be happy to help out.
                                      Alright sounds good! Whenever I finish something big or release a beta, I will PM you to let you know!

                                      HELP WANTED!

                                      I
                                      need help inserting tilesets! Would anyone like to insert the tileset for me? I made the tileset but I need someone to correct the palette and insert into my ROM. You would get full credit for doing the work! Message me here or PM me if you are interested!
                                      __________________
                                      Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!
                                        #21    
                                      Old August 31st, 2013 (9:57 AM). Edited August 31st, 2013 by Zebz213.
                                      Zebz213's Avatar
                                      Zebz213 Zebz213 is offline
                                      Travelling Insomniac
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2013
                                        Location: Milton, CA
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Modest
                                        Posts: 42
                                        This looks like a really promising hack :D and I can see you need help with tile insertion so PM me if you want any help with that and if you don't, I'm also interested in beta testing.
                                        __________________




                                        White 2 FC: 3955-5631-8786
                                        Add my FC if you want to battle, trade, or just hang out.
                                          #22    
                                        Old August 31st, 2013 (9:20 PM).
                                        awipe1's Avatar
                                        awipe1 awipe1 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Aug 2012
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 215
                                          Awesome!

                                          I also i'm going to start informing people what stage my ROM is at.

                                          It will be under the first post.
                                          __________________
                                          Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!
                                            #23    
                                          Old September 5th, 2013 (2:29 AM).
                                          yveltal113 yveltal113 is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Aug 2013
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 13
                                            The hack looks great, so i was wondering if you needed a beta tester? I'm willing betatest it and then report you all the bugs and stuff.
                                              #24    
                                            Old September 5th, 2013 (4:21 PM).
                                            awipe1's Avatar
                                            awipe1 awipe1 is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Aug 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 215
                                              If I need a beta tester I will let you know! However right now I am just focusing on creating a tileset so I don't need anything tested yet, dang I think i'm going to make a list of people who want to beta test my game
                                              __________________
                                              Check out my Pokemon Rom! Click the Image Below!
                                                #25    
                                              Old September 15th, 2013 (6:40 PM).
                                              designmadman designmadman is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Dec 2012
                                                Location: USA
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Adamant
                                                Posts: 13
                                                Looks good and sounds very Canadian keep up the great work!
                                                Closed Thread

                                                Quick Reply

                                                Join the conversation!

                                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:18 AM.