• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Mirage Island

Years
Despite having more than 300 hours of game-play on my emerald, I STILL haven't been to mirage island. Now I can't because my internal battery has run dry. Even if there wasn't anything to do there, it would have be fun to go there at least once.

Last edited:

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I've never been there, sadly enough. I don't think it's worth the time.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I went there once, but I left after getting a berry and catching a Wynaut. Nothing really to do on it, nor is it that remarkable.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
Nope, never been to it and I don't expect to visit anytime soon... It is apparently harder to find then a shiny.

[TTOTD]maxie526

Leader of the TTOTD clan
Years
I haven't been there, but I didn't ask the old man every day. I first heard about it on Serebii but didn't think it was worth my time.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I've been there once. I was just surfing, going to pocifilog (or however it's spelt) one day and BOOM! Mirage island appeared on the route. (I haven't talked to the guy before hand either.)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I've never been to Mirage Island. I don't think there was ever one time where it did appear. Getting the Leichi Berry would have been great.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
40px-Stone_Badge.png
MIRAGE ISLAND
40px-Stone_Badge.png

About it more descriptively :
Mirage Island is found on Route 130 in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. However, it can only be visited under highly rare circumstances. It is visited mainly for the one Liechi Berry that it hosts.
Every day, a random number between 0 and 65535 is generated by the game. If this number matches the last two bytes of the personality value of any of the Pokémon in the party (that is, the remainder when their personality value is divided by 65536), Mirage Island will appear for that day. The number is generated at 0:00 hours every day and it is active for 24 hours. Even though play time has nothing to do with the real-time clock, a game that has reached the maximum time of play (999 hours and 59 minutes) will not generate Mirage Island numbers anymore.[citation needed]
Whenever a Mirage Island number is generated, it will not change within the time it is valid, and the player is able to freely move Pokémon from the boxes to the party or vice-versa until the Pokémon that has the same personality value as the island appears. This makes Mirage Island's appearance even rarer than encountering a Shiny Pokémon, although the probability of making it appear increases with the number of Pokémon the player has.
A man in Pacifidlog Town will tell the player whether or not he can see Mirage Island each and every day, thus determining if the player can reach the location.
The island is inhabited by Wynaut which range from level 5 to level 50. It also bears a tree where one Liechi Berry can be picked. This is the best Berry for Pokéblocks, and will produce Gold Pokéblocks.

Differences :

120px-Mirage_Island_RSE.png

Mirage Island

120px-Mirage_Island_location_RSE.png

same place without the Island

item obtainable :

Bag_Liechi_Berry_Sprite.png
a Liechi Berry

Pokemon :

360MS.png
Wynut with a 100% Of encountering rate.

My experience :

Well i haven't got a chance to went there. Cause i didn't even knew how to went there but now i know cause i have found it in PC. Well since i knew it I Have started to search it every time i try to talk the old man but nah... not at all. Though I know that a 50 lvl (Or something) Liechi Berry is obtainable there and the Pokemon Wynaut in a rate of 100% of encountering it. But i didn't get the chance as of now... but I am trying to find it, I always talk with that old man.. just it depend on my luck right ? well maybe someday i'll find it. And whenever I found it i will take the Liechi Berry and give it to My Blaziken as it made a high level PokeBlocks, Maybe a gold Pokeblock right ? and i think i can won many tough Contest with it.

Back