• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Would it be possible to create a hack of Emerald in which it would be possible to catch every single pokemon (Gen I-V) without trading? Even better, would it be possible to implement the maps from the corresponding maps of each generation so that the gyms and such could be completed for each region, and somehow connect these regions so it somewhat mirrors that show in the sense that you are the same person going to more than one region, and kind of starting over? Sorry for the run-on, having a hard time putting my thoughts into words.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Would it be possible to create a hack of Emerald in which it would be possible to catch every single pokemon (Gen I-V) without trading? Even better, would it be possible to implement the maps from the corresponding maps of each generation so that the gyms and such could be completed for each region, and somehow connect these regions so it somewhat mirrors that show in the sense that you are the same person going to more than one region, and kind of starting over? Sorry for the run-on, having a hard time putting my thoughts into words.

The shortest answer is: everything is possible. However, you would need an infinite amount Of time, knowledge, and skills.
The first problem is that Emerald is a great base, but it isn't supported much, so you should find out stuff by yourself. Also, nobody has EVER completely inserted all Pokémon into a hack. Jambo51 has made progress, but he quite hacking.
With the maps comes the problem that gen 4&5 don't have maps like before, they have 3d models. This can especially be seen in the Distortion World, and a big part of gen5 maps.
Also, if you want al the regions, you would either have to reset progress at start of a new region which would make it like separate games, to alter the level cap, or make all Pokémon level up very slowly and edit the exp gain system. (Like Deoxys has with EV's). The last two are nearly impossible.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years

Unfortunately, many people have thought about this idea but realized how impractical it is. Going through every region would cause you to have all level 100 pokemon by at least the third region, as well as it getting boring from the same storyline every region. The short answer is no, it's just far too cray for a game. It is possible to expand the pokedex and make maps of a region, but it would take up too much space to recreate every region in one ROM and too boring to take off.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Then why do Red's palette's mess up the overworlds' palettes when I edit them in NSE Classic? :( Sorry, noob here.

Just as gogojjtech said, everything OTHER THAN NPCs (OWs) have their own palettes. That means that OWs don't have their own separate palettes, but rather have to share palettes with one another. That's why if you change Red's OW palette, you will change other OWs that share the same palette.

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Just as gogojjtech said, everything OTHER THAN NPCs (OWs) have their own palettes. That means that OWs don't have their own separate palettes, but rather have to share palettes with one another. That's why if you change Red's OW palette, you will change other OWs that share the same palette.

I'm reeeally sorry; I didn't quite elaborate that. What I really meant was this:

I was editing Red's backsprites in NSE Classic. It messed up the palettes of the overworlds. Why? :(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
The shortest answer is: everything is possible. However, you would need an infinite amount Of time, knowledge, and skills.
The first problem is that Emerald is a great base, but it isn't supported much, so you should find out stuff by yourself. Also, nobody has EVER completely inserted all Pokémon into a hack. Jambo51 has made progress, but he quite hacking.
With the maps comes the problem that gen 4&5 don't have maps like before, they have 3d models. This can especially be seen in the Distortion World, and a big part of gen5 maps.
Also, if you want al the regions, you would either have to reset progress at start of a new region which would make it like separate games, to alter the level cap, or make all Pokémon level up very slowly and edit the exp gain system. (Like Deoxys has with EV's). The last two are nearly impossible.

So then how difficult would it be to use FireRed as a base, and create it like a new ROM but just put in all of the pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2020
Hello, I'm making a ROM hack, and I was wondering how I edit the type advantage chart? I know it's possible, because I've seen it be done before... If anyone has the link for one?

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
So then how difficult would it be to use FireRed as a base, and create it like a new ROM but just put in all of the pokemon?

You meam all 649? I think the hardest things are abilities, move effects, and formes. As I said, Jambo51 was working on a 649 patch (just search for it because I can't post links yet), so if you are an ASM genius, you could try to finish it. But I don't think something like that will be done in the near future.

VioletChaos

Aspiring Fanboy
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
The guide in XSE won't open for me. It says "navigation to the website was canceled".
What should I do?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Hello, I'm making a ROM hack, and I was wondering how I edit the type advantage chart? I know it's possible, because I've seen it be done before... If anyone has the link for one?

If you're talking about changing the types for each Pokemon, you can do so in YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor).

Here is the download for that: link

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If you're talking about changing the types for each Pokemon, you can do so in YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor).

Here is the download for that: link
Changing type advantage chart has nothing to do with Pokemon themselves...
It's the table that defines type advantages and disadvantages (like Fire is strong to Grass and weak to Water)

@DJG: I believe it works if it's repointed correctly.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
You meam all 649? I think the hardest things are abilities, move effects, and formes. As I said, Jambo51 was working on a 649 patch (just search for it because I can't post links yet), so if you are an ASM genius, you could try to finish it. But I don't think something like that will be done in the near future.

When Jambo51 quit hacking, he turned the project over to me. As soon as I come off my hacking break, I will continue work on it and I will do my best to release a beta quickly. I just need to find an efficient way of reporting bugs, which there are a lot of at this stage. It is almost done, but there is still a lot of work left.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Whenever I insert my title screen and check it in-game, before it becomes the background it slides from right to left just like in the original Fire Red before staying put as the background. How do I get it to not slide and just appear as the background without movement?

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
(I ddin't find it hre so I'm posting, sorry if someone already done )

-How to rip/change de pokemon platinum logo?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Hello, I didn't find anything about my question so here goes:
I'm starting out a hack and the last time I hacked a Pokemon Rom was when Emerald was released...
What Rom do you guys recommend me? Which one is more versatile? Pros & Cons?
I do want to keep Dive in my hack so... I was thinking Emerald since it has nice features and Dive. Some help is greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back