• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCG Challenge

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Edwardo, if you could let me know which games you'll be using for your ultimate, that'd be great. :) Thanks and congrats on completing Red!

Years
I'll be using Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, and White.
Gonna have to hack all the way through White. xD I'll hack in the starter, and then another Pokémon after every 2 Gyms, so I reach the E4 with my team of 5.
I will only hack in other games for the starter, or if necessary (For example, if I cannot get a second Pokémon until after the 4th Gym, I'll probably hack one in after the 2nd Gym)

Edit: UPDATE!

After defeating Clair, I needed a HM Slave for Whirlpool (And Waterfall for later) so I caught a level 19 Magikarp in Dragon's Den, and evolved it into Gyarados.
After obtaining the final of Johto's Gym Badges, I surfed East of New Bark Town, and went to face the Elite Four.

My team consisted of a level 36 Growlithe, a level 40 Machoke, a level 43 Dratini, a level 44 Rattata, and a level 49 Charmeleon. (I boxed the Gyarados as soon as I got there)
Suffice to say, I could not defeat the Elite Four.
I went backwards, and trained within Victory Road.

During my training, I stumbled across a level 32 Shiny Golbat. I caught him immediately with the Master Ball, and boxed him. (Let me off, it's a shiny!)
After my training, I had a level 38 Growlithe, a level 44 Machoke, a level 53 Dratini, a level 46 Rattata, and a level 65 Charmeleon.
I adopted a similar strategy to the Elite Four as I did to when I faced the E4 in my Pokémon Red runthrough (See previous post)

Dratini was able to defeat 2 of Lance's Dragonites however. He was more powerful than he seemed.

I defeated the Elite Four and Champion, and made my way to Kanto by boat.
Arriving in Kanto, I immediately went and defeated Lt. Surge, Sabruna, Erika, and then Janine, in that order.
My team after doing so was a level 44 Growlithe, a level 49 Machoke, a level 54 Dratini, a level 47 Rattata, and a level 68 Charmeleon.
I did the Power Plant quest, and defeated Misty. After all that, my Growlithe had become level 49.
Found Copycat's Lost Doll, and got the Magnet Train Pass from her, as I forgot to get the radio back in Johto. Doh! xD
Upon returning to Kanto, I immediately went and defeated Brock, and then Blaine.
My team after the Gyms was made of a level 52 Growlithe, a level 49 Rattata, a level 51 Machoke, a level 57 Dratini, and a level 68 Charmeleon.

Before facing Blue, I decided to get in a small amount of training.
When I faced and defeated Blue, my team consisted of a level 55 Growlithe, a level 53 Rattata, a level 54 Machoke, a level 59 Dratini, and a level 71 Charmeleon.

I went to Pallet Town, collected the ticket from Prof. Oak, and made my way towards Mt. Silver.
Upon reaching my final opponent, my team was a level 56 Growllithe, a level 53 Rattata, a level 55 Machoke, a level 60 Dratini, and a level 71 Charmeleon.
Charmeleon was able to defeat Red's Pikachu, but his Blastoise OHKOed every single member of my party.

I did some massive training outside Mt. Silver, by the PokéCenter, and made all 5 members of my party level 75.
Upon next facing Red, my Charmeleon was able to defeat his Pikachu with Flamethrower.
I then swapped to Rattata who was able to defeat his Blastoise with a mixture of Super Fang and Hyper Fang.

Growlithe faced off against Red's Espeon, using his own Flamethrower attack, but fainted before Espeon did. Charmeleon finished Espeon off in revenge for defeating a fellow Fire-type.
Dratini defeated Snorlax with a couple of DragonBreath attacks, and then finishing him with a Hyper Beam.
Machoke faced off against Charizard using Submission and Seismic Toss. Unfortunately, Machoke was not up to the task, so Rattata finished of Charizard with a Hyper Fang.
Red sent out his final Pokémon, a Venusaur, who promptly fell before the wrath of my Charmeleon's Flamethrower.

FINAL PARTY

Charmeleon lvl 75
Fire Spin
Flamethrower
Slash
Cut

Rattata lvl 75
Iron Tail
Super Fang
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang

Growlithe lvl 75
Flamethrower
Ember
Bite
Flame Wheel

Dratini lvl 75
Outrage
DragonBreath
Hyper Beam
Surf

Machoke lvl 75
Submission
Seismic Toss
Vital Throw
Karate Chop
I shall start Pokémon Ruby on Sunday, most likely.​

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I started my adventure on May 26th. I named my trainer Karli, which means covered with snow. I named my rival Aiden, which means fire. I picked Oshawott as my starter, who happened to be female on my first try. I didn't have a nickname in mind for her, so I named her Winter.

I just beat Burgh today. I started the match with Skitty, which I captured around the Castelia sewers. I had transferred in Keldeo and Snorlax by the time I faced Roxie. Skitty's Doubleslaps were not dealing much damage on Swadloon, so I used Snorlax for the rest of the match. The best healing items I had were Potions and one Fresh Water, ugh. I really appreciate having a non-water type and something with Rest on my team, now! Snorlax couldn't keep stomaching the critical hit'd Razor Leaf attacks from Burgh's Leavanny, so I used Snorlax's Yawn to allow Keldeo to finish off the match.

Congrats on the shiny find, Edwardo. :) I'd be very excited if I found a shiny during my adventure. Here's the team so far:

OT: Karli - ID: 21385 - Badges: 3

Winter the Dewott

Level 17
Quiet - Female - Torrent
Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Razor Shell

Keldeo

Level 21
Rash - Genderless - Justified
Aqua Jet, Take Down, Bubblebeam, Double Kick

Gluttony the Snorlax

Level 21
Relaxed - Male - Thick Fat
Yawn, Tackle, Rest, Earthquake

Lust the Skitty

Level 20
Docile - Female - Cute Charm
Copycat, Attract, Sing, DoubleSlap

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
049.gif

Ace Trainer Ridge
White 2
Eeveelution (Skyridge)
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png
50px-Jet_Badge.png

059.gif

Brushfire lv. 43
Intimidate | Serious
[ Flamethrower, Crunch, Outrage, Thunder Fang ]

135.gif

Frost Ray lv. 43 @ Amulet Coin
Volt Absorb | Timid
[ Thunder Wave, Discharge, Echoed Voice, Dig ]

134.gif

Trouble lv. 43 @ Leftovers
Water Absorb | Quirky
[ Surf, Aurora Beam, Aqua Ring, Bite ]

136.gif

Necrum lv. 42 @ Scope Lens
Flash Fire | Jolly
[ Return, Bite, Fire Fang, Sand-Attack ]

217.gif

Recon lv. 43 @ BrightPowder
Guts | Lonely
[ Slash, Rock Tomb, Ice Punch, Faint Attack ]

628.png

I went through the worst cave ever and beat some hooker that can fly airplanes. It was p awesome. I evolved Brushfire into Arcanine and taught her some cool new moves. Now we're in gear. btw challenge mode hasn't been challenging since Burgh lmfao.

Years
Finally posting the first update from my Ruby run! Not much has been done though. I've been busy recently with exams and revising. :/

RUBY TCG CHALLLENGE (2-Player Starter Deck) Update #1:
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
049.gif

Ace Trainer Ridge
White 2
Eeveelution (Skyridge)
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png
50px-Jet_Badge.png
50px-Legend_Badge.png

059.gif

Brushfire lv. 52
Intimidate | Serious

135.gif

Frost Ray lv. 52 @ Amulet Coin
Volt Absorb | Timid
[ Thunder Wave, Discharge, Thunder, Shadow Ball ]

134.gif

Trouble lv. 53 @ Leftovers
Water Absorb | Quirky
[ Surf, Aurora Beam, Aqua Ring, Shadow Ball ]

136.gif

Necrum lv. 52 @ Scope Lens
Flash Fire | Jolly
[ Return, Bite, Fire Fang, Dig ]

217.gif

Recon lv. 53 @ BrightPowder
Guts | Lonely
[ Slash, Rock Tomb, Ice Punch, Shadow Claw ]

131.gif

Lockdown lv. 53
Water Absorb | Gentle
[ Surf, Body Slam, Psychic, Ice Beam ]

We got our final party member Lockdown the Lapras after hours of looking for him. After that, we spent hours playing catch up with levels. Then another hour grinding them all to 52. Drayden's whole team went down in one hit and it was no biggie at all. So once I leave, the town will be frozen. Oh boyyyyy.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I am going to sign up:

Username: Jdthebud
Game: Storm Silver
Mode: Set
Set: Call of Legends

Going to use Donphan, Flareon, Mismagius, Zangoose, Skarmory, and Relicanth.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
049.gif

Ace Trainer Ridge
White 2
Eeveelution (Skyridge)
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png
50px-Jet_Badge.png
50px-Legend_Badge.png
50px-Wave_Badge.png

059.gif

Brushfire lv. 63 @ Draco Plate
Intimidate | Serious

135.gif

Frost Ray lv. 63 @ BrightPowder
Volt Absorb | Timid
[ Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Shadow Ball ]

134.gif

Trouble lv. 63 @ Leftovers
Water Absorb | Quirky
[ Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, Shadow Ball ]

136.gif

Necrum lv. 61 @ Amulet Coin
Flash Fire | Jolly
[ Return, Bite, Fire Fang, Dig ]

217.gif

Recon lv. 63 @ Scope Lens
Guts | Lonely
[ Strength, Rock Tomb, Ice Punch, Shadow Claw ]

131.gif

Lockdown lv. 62
Water Absorb | Gentle
[ Surf, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Ice Beam ]

Just want to mainly comment on how challenge mode became relatively tame like...after Burgh. Seriously, I had the most trouble with Burgh this entire playthrough. Even the Elite Four and Champion weren't much different than in normal mode. I mean, I did grind ten levels before fighting Elesa back then, but still. After that...easy stuff. That being said though, challenge complete, birds!

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I think I'll sign up for this. Been looking for an excuse to play Heart Gold again and mess with the Pokewalker, and it looks like with the pack of cards I got, I'll have plenty of chances to use that fun little gizmo.

Username: PekoponTAS
Game: Pokemon HeartGold
Mode: Booster Pack
Set: HGSS Undaunted
Optional Rules: #2

Booster pack images:
Spoiler:

Not sure about the rules of if you have more than six Pokemon, so I'll just assume I can limit it to six. My team will (eventually) be Muk, Togekiss, Espeon, Hitmonlee, Gliscor, and Aggron

Supporter: Team Rocket's Trickery: Cannot deactivate the alarm in Team Rocket's Mahogony hideout.
Stadium: Ruins of Alph: Must eventually capture all 26 Unown
Energy Exchanger: Must level up all six Pokemon at least four times in the Pokewalker at some point after level 30. (I exchange my energy for energy for my Pokemon. Get it? : P)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not sure about the rules of if you have more than six Pokemon, so I'll just assume I can limit it to six. My team will (eventually) be Muk, Togekiss, Espeon, Hitmonlee, Gliscor, and Aggron

Yeah, you can limit it to six. :) I love that Togekiss card btw! So jealous! And have fun searching for Unown. :P

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
As a reminder, I am using the Call of Legends Set, with Donphan, Flareon, Mismagius, Zangoose, Skarmory, and Relicanth.

Update #1 on Storm Silver.

Name: Legend
Rival: Call
Starter: Cyndaquil

• Was able to get Hotshot the Eevee (gift from Cynthia) and catch Roland the Phanpy (Route 46) before the first gym.
  • Got a Fire Stone in Sprout Tower, and evolved Hotshot into Flareon!
  • The first two gyms were pretty easy, and then I caught Missy the Misdreavus in Ilex Forest.
  • Roland evolved into Donphan before I beat Whitney, then I caught Scar the Zangoose on Route 37.
  • Scar soloed Morty with Shadow Claw, then I went to Olive City, where I traded for Moxxi the Skarmory.
  • Moxxi defeated Chuck with Brave Bird and Pluck, then I did the Team Rocket Safari Zone event.
  • Defeated Jasmine mostly with Hotshot, then found a Dusk Stone in Mt. Mortar to evolve Missy into Mismagius!
  • Beat Team Rocket in Mahagony Town, then defeated Pryce as well.
  • Eradicated Team Rocket at the Radio Tower, including Giovanni.
  • Got the Super Rod in Blackthorn City and fished up Aquarock the Relicanth in the Ruins of Alph.
  • Trained Aquarock up, then defeated Clair after a couple tries.
  • Defeated the Kimono Girls in Ecruteak City, then explored the Whirl Islands to kill Lugia.
  • Moved on to Victory Road, where I beat Call again, then took on the Elite Four.
  • Will pretty much soloed by Missy.
  • Koga was defeated by Moxxi and Scar.
  • Moxxi almost soloed Bruno, but Roland had to finish against Lucario.
  • Scar did most of the damage against Karen with Close Combat.
  • Finally Lance was up, and he required a team effort to defeat, but I was able to pull it out in the end.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
tcgjohtohof.png

Notes on game changes:
  • Flareon has a redistributed BST - HP: 110, Atk: 130, Def: 65, SAtk: 60, SDef: 65, Spd: 95.
  • Mismaguis has some minor BST changes.
  • Everyone also has new levelup moves and a couple can learn some new TMs.
  • Strength is Rock-type and is now 75 power, Rock Smash is 60 power, and Hypnosis has 70% accuracy.
  • Also, most Pokémon have access to Hidden Abilities whenever possible and/or appropriate (i.e. Flareon, but not Zangose).

Team Legend:
Spr_4d_369_m.png

Aquarock the Impish Relicanth, ♂ - L52 @ Hard Stone
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Waterfall, Double-Edge, Rock Tomb, Surf
Spr_4d_335.png

Scar the Naughty Zangoose, ♂ - L55 @ NeverMeltIce
Ability: Immunity
Moves: Crush Claw, Ice Punch, Close Combat, Swords Dance
Spr_5b_136.png

Hotshot the Naughty Flareon, ♂ - L53 @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
Moves: Fire Fang, Rock Slide, Dig, Rock Smash
Spr_4h_227.png

Moxxi the Impish Skarmory, ♀ - L54 @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Fly, Steel Wing, Brave Bird, Spikes
Spr_4h_232_m.png

Roland the Impish Donphan, ♂ - L53 @ Muscle Band
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Headbutt, Strength, Earthquake, Thunder Fang
Spr_4p_429.png

Missy the Hardy Mismagius, ♀ - L58 @ TwistedSpoon
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Hypnosis

Last edited:

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Well why not, I just started to get back into the card game so I'll try this out...gonna use an online booster I got recently

Username: TrollShammy80
Game: Pokemon Blaze Black
Mode: Booster Pack
Set: Plasma Storm
Optional Rules: 3

RecentTCGPulls_zpsd832a2fd.png

Team: Magnezone/Giratina/Lucario/Chandelure/Crobat/Sharpedo

Others: Weezing/Beartic/Liepard (will be included as temporary members if I can use them)

Quick Question: Can I rotate my team around, as need with Pokemon gotten in the booster...or does I have to use 6 I picked ot use?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can rotate them, as long as you got that Pokemon or something in its line in your pack.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Dang, been over a month since anyone posted in here!

Just beat Burgh, yada yada yada. My next team mate is gonna be Dwebble on Route 4.

Team:
Spoiler:

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Username:LiteSandwich
Game: Prestigious Platinum
Mode: Set!
Set: Platinum: Supreme Victors
Optional Rule: Number 3

my picks/pulls:
428.gif
006.gif
403.gif
149.gif
395.gif
407.gif

VS Seeker:I will use this as my primary training method for pokemon.(When I'm able to get it)
Palmer's Contribution:One of Palmer's Pokemon has to be used in my team.
Cynthia's Guidence:One of Cynthia's Pokemon has to be used in my team.
Cyrus's Initiative:Since he considers himself a ruler,I have to get a pokemon of king like stature and nickname it"Cyrus"
Note: Shinx is getting evolved.it got a dark type slapped onto it in the game,which I think it needed when I saw Luxray!

It was very tough picking which set to use,but in the end,it winded down to the pokemon I've never used in a challenge,with Charizard being the exception(I can never escape my favorite pokemon :3)

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
TCG Challange - Noble Victories Booster: Black Version 2
4/8

Elesa was really easy with both Dwebble (oh, I caught a Dwebble) and Landorus. Not much to say except I feel like there's more to do before this badge in White 2 rather than Black 2. Oh well.

Team:
Spoiler:

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Spr_DP_Ace_Trainer_F_2.png

Ace Trainer Vicki

Badges:2/8

394.png

Cyrus the Prinplup
Lv.25
Quick Feet