• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Favorite Move

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
Leaf Blade, the animation is so cool and I loved using it with Sceptile on my first Emerald playthrough (where I started Pokemon).

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
First generation depictions of BubbleBeam and Aurora Beam. A lot of the old moves looked and sounded epic at the time, and were coupled with that screenshake that I miss. The original super effective sound made Vine Whip sound nice too.

Years
Though I guess only one of them should technically count, my two favorite moves are Metronome and Surf. I've always loved Metronome because of the sheer randomness of it (including some Pokemon getting moves that shouldn't be physically possible), and it gives me the opportunity to see moves that I don't often see otherwise.

As for Surf, it's one of the more powerful Water-type moves, and arguably the second most useful out of battle move behind Fly. In fact, Fly and Surf are the only two HM moves that I never feel bad about teaching Pokemon in my party, unlike something like Flash or Rock Smash in the past.

Nakala Pri

Mine is Heart Stamp. :3 It is just so cool and I feel like a female Casanova after using it. xD

Years
I think Thunderbolt and Flamethrower are my favorite moves. I also like Psychic and Draco Meteor :)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I have a few attacks I love to use. My most favorite would have to be Surf, some of my other favorites would have to be Aqua Tail and Razor Shell... those 3 are the reason why water type moves are my favorites.

I also like Drain Punch and Detect (my favorite fighting type moves)... and the combination of Work-Up & Retaliate (for my favorite normal type moves).

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Scald is my favorite damaging move, and it the Water-type move that causes a burn, A great combo of uniqueness and realism. As for a non-damaging move, Shell Smash or Swagger. I love high-risk moves, and these are two of them.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
My favourite Pokémon move has to be Rest. Why? It explains what I am doing most of the day ... c:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
That's a pretty good question actually.

My favorite move would be recovery. I'd be spamming that all day everyday x3

Foxing Buizel

*Turns head* *Bui!"
Years
Well I like Grudge. Need I say more? I also enjoy using Sheet Kiss because it causes confusion, misses quite a lot. My favourite type of Pokémon has to be water with Water Pulse being my favourite move there. Needles to say electric attacks helped me when battling Water types but Rayquazza has Surf and Thunder, he's alright with it and it does miss on occasion. To reiterate, Grudge is my overall favourite move because it will make you lose all the PP on the next move you make, different story if the opponent switches. A couple of times on the Pokémon Online Simulator I was watching some Ghost types, Grudge was used and his opponent didn't switch so I typed "lmao" into the chatbox.

I quite enjoyed reading others views on moves, it was really interesting.

Sérene1

(Now Hibicakes)
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
Skill Swap is a favorite move of mine when it comes to double battles. After watching others use it, I've tried to adopt or create techniques. Getting away with swapping Levitate from a Gengar while there's an Earthquake-r on the field or stealing an Intimidate to use against the opponent is always fun.

By appearance/animation though, I'm beginning to love Thunder especially with how it's looking in Gen. 6!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
Trick when they're down to their last Pokemon and just used a non attacking move and have to watch while you beat them slowly. Or when they just used a ground move and you switch to a flying type. It's good for forcing switches, too.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Skill Swap is a favorite move of mine when it comes to double battles. After watching others use it, I've tried to adopt or create techniques. Getting away with swapping Levitate from a Gengar while there's an Earthquake-r on the field or stealing an Intimidate to use against the opponent is always fun.

By appearance/animation though, I'm beginning to love Thunder especially with how it's looking in Gen. 6!

I think I had someone use skill swap on my Regigigas once. Once, koff~

That was embarrassing, as the rest of the team was steamrolled thereafter. It's nice to see a wide variety of moves and not just attack moves. I might have to stop using selfdestruct because of the nerf they put on it. I remember it giving me the hardest time trying to get through caves and Gravelers kept popping up to say high in the most explosive way imaginable. I used explosion the other day and it performed less than stellar. They need to put it back as the sacrifice move that it was. Actual people rarely use it, so it irritates me that I can't KO Pokemon simply by detonating, koffi~

Random Man2

Banned
Years
Mine is Blue Flare, due to its immense, destructive power when fired under harsh sunlight, as well as the fact that it is the signature move of one of my favorite Pokémon ever.

Back