Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Old September 26th, 2013 (6:33 PM).
That useless reptile

Nature: Quiet
    We've all heard about the impending government shutdown orchestrated by the Republicans in the Senate and the House; although we've been told that crucial services such as the transportation of mail and the funding of social security will be maintained, what does a government shutdown mean for average Americans?

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 26th, 2013 (8:34 PM).
    Kicking against the earth!
    • Silver Tier

I've never heard of it, what is it? Ok I don't keep track of political stuff, at all.
    Old September 26th, 2013 (11:06 PM).
    3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
      Americans too?
      And I thought our European governments were bad!
      At the moment, every country part of the EU (European Union) has a terrible leader, only wanting to be seen positively in Brussels, and to do so, they need to rip off their own countries as much as they can, and beyond that.

Not only Economical, but on every single thing, countries are slowly becoming Provinces, money flows away to Greece, Brussels, Cyrus, and Africa (which doesn't change their Economies at all), and borders are widely open for terroristic attacks, and all this while the normal resident barely has any money to buy food anymore.
      And what's the worst part of it? The EU decides what country has to be destroyed.
      So if they say, "We're going to destroy France", they will destroy France in one click.
      Old September 27th, 2013 (4:39 AM).

countries are slowly becuming curropted with its own goverment rule
        Old September 27th, 2013 (8:25 AM).
        That useless reptile

For those that don't know, the Republicans in the House are going to force a government shutdown due to their refusal to allow "Obamacare" (more fondly known as the Affordable Care Act) to become enacted in October. This is mostly the brainchild of Ted Cruz, whom many other Republicans are coming to regard as "crazy" for trying to repeal Obamacare yet again when it's obvious that the president would never repeal his own main achievement in his five years as leader of the country. It may or may not happen, but it certainly seems as if these radical right-wingers are willing to shut down the government for the sake of holding onto a ridiculous and impossible ideal.
          Old September 27th, 2013 (9:29 AM). Edited September 27th, 2013 by Entermaid.

Nature: Adamant
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by paraz View Post
            countries are slowly becuming curropted with its own goverment rule
            There have been corrupted governments since the conception of the polis in Athens. We choose to live in societies that have some corruption as it relates to the our governors, and submit some of our freedoms that we would be afforded in nature, in order to increase our freedoms. Paradoxically.
            I would 't say there is a trend of governments becoming more corrupt, especially as it relates to the United States and Britain. We often take for granted the 'good' things the government does for us.

Quote:
            "For those that don't know, the Republicans in the House are going to force a government shutdown due to their refusal to allow "Obamacare" (more fondly known as the Affordable Care Act) to become enacted in October. This is mostly the brainchild of Ted Cruz, whom many other Republicans are coming to regard as "crazy" for trying to repeal Obamacare yet again when it's obvious that the president would never repeal his own main achievement in his five years as leader of the country. It may or may not happen, but it certainly seems as if these radical right-wingers are willing to shut down the government for the sake of holding onto a ridiculous and impossible ideal."
            Again, this is a skewed account for the events unfolding. Without dragging in partisan politics, here is the actual situation. I will put it in simple terms:

The United States government doesn't have the funding available for several Federal agencies. These agencies cannot operate without funding, and therefore will be out of operation, shutdown, if money is not allocated to them.

Now, the legislature is then forced to look at other programs or agency expenditures to cut in order to free-up funding for these agencies, raise the debt ceiling again (lower credit rating and providing a short-term solution), or allow these agencies to become non-operational.

The GOP is looking at option number one.

Now, we could certainly say the GOP is not putting forth the best solution for option one, but we cannot say they are forcing a shutdown because they are radicals with dogmatic ideals and the President is an advocate of the good and welfare of the people. This is playing right into partisan politics, and is really not a responsible way to voice an opinion since it is spreading contorted information especially adding in the language such as radical or crazy right-wingers, just like it is obfuscating the issues when we refer to Democrats as radical left-winger liberals. Come on, we can't really identify one party as being the advocate of good and the other being the advocate of evil. Furthermore, the situation is a STALEMATE. The president is refusing to look into the option of defunding, reduce funding, or putting off the funding for the Healthcare Bill AND the house members are continuing to advocate for the bill's repeal rather than exhausting other options. Again, there are not many other options available though.
            Old September 27th, 2013 (10:12 AM).
            #FutureSun&MoonMod
            • Gold Tier

Nature: Serious
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MKGirlism View Post
            Americans too?
            And I thought our European governments were bad!
            At the moment, every country part of the EU (European Union) has a terrible leader, only wanting to be seen positively in Brussels, and to do so, they need to rip off their own countries as much as they can, and beyond that.

Not only Economical, but on every single thing, countries are slowly becoming Provinces, money flows away to Greece, Brussels, Cyrus, and Africa (which doesn't change their Economies at all), and borders are widely open for terroristic attacks, and all this while the normal resident barely has any money to buy food anymore.
            And what's the worst part of it? The EU decides what country has to be destroyed.
            So if they say, "We're going to destroy France", they will destroy France in one click.
            What on Earth? European leaders aren't as bad as you may think, and they're not as EU-obsessed as you think. Even Angela Merkel is well-known for doing her best to tow the line with the German public. Funds go to the struggling EU countries because if they fail the entire system collapses and nobody with any sense wants that. Africa is a different thing, but the amount of aid that goes there is miniscule in comparison to the amount of money needed to boost the EU economy anyway.

I won't even get into the terrorism thing. As regards "destroying countries" - your government could decide to do that on a whim too. What difference does it make if it's Amsterdam or Brussels deciding to eradicate Uganda? You act like that's some sort of possibility anyway - war is not on the EU's agenda.

Old September 27th, 2013 (12:10 PM).
            That useless reptile

Republicans have tried to repeal the Affordable Care Act thirty-seven times. To me, that's exceptionally partisan. That's what politics is; partisanship. We may not like this division of loyalties, but it is part of American politics and there's no true way to sneak around them when trying to discuss an issue.
              Old September 27th, 2013 (12:24 PM).

François, you don't read the Newspaper, or similar?
                If Irelands' situation is different, I can understand your disagreement, but look how it goes here in NL, where our Prime Minister literally doesn't give a **** about what happens, as long as Brussels is happy.
                And to make Brussels happy, they use him as a marionette.

And just look at it realistic, almost all South-European countries are corrupting quickly, especially Greece.
                In Spain, people go to the Airport, because they don't have money to pay their bills.
                In Cyprus, many Banks steal money from customers, to save themselves.
                Meanwhile, East-Europe gets a bit of support.
                To conclude this fact, are all said countries and more richer than they were 5 months ago? Nope!
                Poorer? Possibly.
                How about West-Europe and North-Europe, getting ripped off? Hell yes.
                Old September 27th, 2013 (1:55 PM).
                #FutureSun&MoonMod
                • Gold Tier

Quote:
                François, you don't read the Newspaper, or similar?
                If Irelands' situation is different, I can understand your disagreement, but look how it goes here in NL, where our Prime Minister literally doesn't give a **** about what happens, as long as Brussels is happy.
                And to make Brussels happy, they use him as a marionette.

And just look at it realistic, almost all South-European countries are corrupting quickly, especially Greece.
                In Spain, people go to the Airport, because they don't have money to pay their bills.
                In Cyprus, many Banks steal money from customers, to save themselves.
                Meanwhile, East-Europe gets a bit of support.
                To conclude this fact, are all said countries and more richer than they were 5 months ago? Nope!
                Poorer? Possibly.
                How about West-Europe and North-Europe, getting ripped off? Hell yes.
                I do read papers, but I think you're being a tad sensationalist. I really am not at all educated on Dutch politics so I won't argue with your point. I will say that if your politicians care about keeping the EU happy, then that's probably the best thing for your people. But like I said, I'll trust your judgment on your own nation's politics ^_^

You're right that Southern Europe is in trouble, but the question is how much worse off those countries would be without the EU. Just because things are bad does not mean they can't be worse. You're right that the richer parts of the EU have a price to pay in this scenario, but I think it's a time when European solidarity is needed, rather than national solidarity. You may resent having to divert funds co countries who largely made their own problems (and it can't be denied that most struggling EU nations dug their own graves), but in the end it'll work out, and those countries who you're paying to run now will pay off their debts eventually.
                Old September 27th, 2013 (2:17 PM).

The truth is, since we're all part of the EU, part of the money we have earned fair and square has to flow to Brussels, and they decide where it goes next.
                  If you look at Switzerland or Norway, both countries have never been part of the EU, and currently have the best welfare in Europe.
                  They simply keep their stuff in their own country, and don't even care what happens in their neighbouring countries.
                  Old September 27th, 2013 (2:53 PM).
                  naughty biscotti
                  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
                  Haha I'm studying EU integration for my next lesson. Maybe I'll get back on this once I'm more knowledgeable. But first one should study how these institutions are working and it's been taking me a week just to get the principles down, let alone what they mean practically.
                  Old September 27th, 2013 (4:38 PM).
                  #FutureSun&MoonMod
                  • Gold Tier

Quote:
                  The truth is, since we're all part of the EU, part of the money we have earned fair and square has to flow to Brussels, and they decide where it goes next.
                  If you look at Switzerland or Norway, both countries have never been part of the EU, and currently have the best welfare in Europe.
                  They simply keep their stuff in their own country, and don't even care what happens in their neighbouring countries.
                  But you act as if being in the EU hasn't meant more money flows to your country, too. Why would any country join something that doesn't benefit them?

Ireland has hugely benefited from EU funding in the past. Towards the end of the last decade, we began to pay more into the EU than we got out. The result? People wanted to leave. But that's not how things work. You have to put money into the EU if you want money out of it. Holland is definitely getting money out of it (maybe not now, but in the past and likely the future). It doesn't even need to be via EU funding like Ireland - the EU is a massive trading bloc that benefits all exporting nations within to a huge degree. That alone justifies some of your taxes flowing to Brussels.
                  Old September 27th, 2013 (4:48 PM).
                  • Silver Tier

Shutting down a government isn't a good idea. I can't speak that much about what's happening in Europe, but in America the last time the government was on the brink of shutdown we lost a lot of the economic momentum we'd been building up to that point. It cost a lot of money to get started even after a potential shutdown.

In America, we've had a lot of fights in the last few years about funding this and that, or not funding this and that, and it's mainly down political lines with the two main parties, Democrats and Republicans, at odds. Right now the fight is over the Affordable Care Act (a.k.a. Obamacare) and how the House of Representatives (which is one half of the lawmaking branch of government controlled by Republicans; the other half, the Senate, is Democratic contoled) won't pass a budget to fund government services unless the funding for the ACA is taken out, essentially starving it to death.

As much as I'd hate to be on the other side with a Republican-supported law that I hated, I don't think it's right to hold the running of the government hostage because they don't like a certain law. Because that's what is going on. They say that the ACA shouldn't be funded. Okay, well, the other side says, no, we want it funded and it's law. Really, that's that. We'd never have anything done in government if any time there was a split in power one side said "We want everything and if you don't give it to us we won't fund the government."

Ugh.
                  Old September 27th, 2013 (5:12 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Silais View Post
                    For those that don't know, the Republicans in the House are going to force a government shutdown due to their refusal to allow "Obamacare" (more fondly known as the Affordable Care Act) to become enacted in October. This is mostly the brainchild of Ted Cruz, whom many other Republicans are coming to regard as "crazy" for trying to repeal Obamacare yet again when it's obvious that the president would never repeal his own main achievement in his five years as leader of the country. It may or may not happen, but it certainly seems as if these radical right-wingers are willing to shut down the government for the sake of holding onto a ridiculous and impossible ideal.
                    but i thought That US was a Awesome Countrey with non corruption,and Obama were Makin country Better And US have no Problem as in a International View but Somehow Like Peoples Like From africa Are Not treated equal...As They do discrimination with Them....why so??They are also a citizen of America....
                    Old September 27th, 2013 (5:23 PM). Edited September 27th, 2013 by Entermaid.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Silais View Post
                      Republicans have tried to repeal the Affordable Care Act thirty-seven times. To me, that's exceptionally partisan. That's what politics is; partisanship. We may not like this division of loyalties, but it is part of American politics and there's no true way to sneak around them when trying to discuss an issue.
                      Yep. And partisanship implies two or more parties. Whereas, many people assessing this issues are focusing on either the 'liberals' or 'conservatives', rather than how both are forcing a gridlock. Portraying that one side is at fault while the other is not is simply not true.

Granted that the programs, entitlements, and government institutions are already not able to be funded, how is it that the Federal Government will be able to afford funding to the Healthcare program. The only way is to increase revenues, taxes, or cut other programs or expenditures.

It seems logical not to enact the healthcare bill until there is funding for it. It's a great idea, but other expenditures are going to need to be cut in order to fund it. Higher taxes are not an option either, that is a big 'no' during economic stagnation. It doesn't mean the law should be repealed altogether.

Both sides are going for all or nothing.
                      Old September 27th, 2013 (10:02 PM).
                      • Platinum Tier

ACA is the law of the land. That will not change. The 2012 election was partially about the healthcare law, and the American people soundly chose Obama, and by extension, the law itself, over Mitt Romney and the option of repealing it. So in addition to it being law, being upheld, etc, the people voiced their support for it. The current shutdown fight is nothing more than more republican obstructionism and the latest brinksmanship scheme. Obama should not, and will not budge on this. And he shouldn't even have to. Utterly ridiculous behavior.
                      Old September 29th, 2013 (11:19 PM). Edited September 30th, 2013 by Entermaid.

Voting in a Presidential Election isn't a form of voter referendum in which the voters endorse the entirety of that candidate's public policies. Voters may have elected the President for a variety of other reasons, and may even oppose the ACA in part or in whole. Not to mention, the voters do not always take into account how issues are related. The economy and the ACA are completely intermingled, and should be carefully addressed rather than decided on emotional whims as they are contextualized by advocates of both ends of the political spectrum.

Further, the US debt is 73% of our GDP, the highest since World War Two. Granted the President inherited a difficult task, he has not taken the pro-cyclical economic policies such as slashing taxes across the board and lowering expenditures which promotes economic growth. He is taking a counter-cyclical approach, which is the appropriate discourse during high economic growth relative to debt, which entails more revenues, higher/sustained taxes in relation to higher expenditures. This is thought to slow the rapid boom cycle, in order to avert a subsequent bust cycle.

Timing is everything. The ACA is a great idea, but it needs to be put in place when out GDP per revenues is significantly lower. In that case, it could actually assist the stability of the country's economy in mitigating the boom-bust effects, as I explain, since it is a counter-cyclical tactic. Therefore, the law should be enacted once the GDP per debt hits a certain percentage which should be pre-determined.

(If only Republicans controlled government during economic stagnation and Democrats controlled government during economic incline.)

Of course everyone should have health care, but even more important than healthcare is to ensure the country has a stable economy, secures foreign markets and investments, and stabilizes the currency (avert inflation). Excessive expenditures needed to fund this program will aggravate the current state of the GDP to Debt Ratio granted the extensive expenditures needed to enforce the laws. If money is allocated to this program, either taxes will be hiked, other government operations slashed, or an increase in deficit spending, which would lower our nation's wealth and credit rating. So, going back to the point, of course everyone would love for everyone to have healthcare coverage, but right now, the negative consequences of the law's enactment outweighs the benefits of coverage. Thwarting the growth rate as it relates to our debts will collectively affect the entirety of the population, we could expect more job loss, loss of foreign/domestic investors up and leaving the united states, hyperinflation, among other economic ills that affect the affordability for housing, food, childcare, education, among other family expenditures.

Granted the House Republicans are probably seeking to kill the ACA law and are not actually being reasonable and thoughtful as to how the ACA law should be addressed; they often will say it's unconstitutional or invasive, those are garbage principled and non-substantive arguments. However, the law does need to be held off for the reason aforementioned, and hopefully, once the debt ratio is lowered then, the law should be enforced. SO, I am not siding with the House Republican's reasoning at all, just to clarify, just as I don't agree with the President, reasoning based primarily on emotional appeals.

I hope everyone on here acknowledges, at least acknowledges, that there is more to the ACA than helping others, it's more complex and dynamic, and could possible adversely affect the population at large. Compassion should not be addressed by short-sighted emotional appeals (subjectivity), compassion needs to be addressed by well-though out rational appeals that employs weighing and balancing policies (objectivity). Neither side has effectively done so, and we should cast blame for our economic woes on both parties' accord; it's a simplistic and one-dimensional approach to only blame one party (especially while praising the other), and speaks as to why our citizens, not only government, are so blinded by their own hyper-partisan viewpoints.
                        Old September 30th, 2013 (8:20 AM).

This Government Shutdown came up on TV, this morning.
                          All of the West is now really in a big trouble.
                          Old September 30th, 2013 (8:30 PM).
                          the spirit of the fighter
                          • Platinum Tier
                          • Developer

Nature: Brave
                          Mostly, just the USA. I think Canada is fine.
                          Old September 30th, 2013 (8:52 PM).
                          It's... kinda effective?
                          • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                          House Republicans and Senate Democrats could not reach agreement by the midnight deadline on a spending bill to keep the government operating, triggering an immediate shutdown of nonessential services and the furlough of nonessential personnel potentially affecting hundreds of thousands of federal workers.

It will be the first government shutdown since 1996, when President Bill Clinton was in the White House.

The Senate leadership had insisted on accepting only a "clean" continuing resolution, as the stopgap spending bill is known. But House Republicans stood their ground, insisting on using the continuing resolution as a vehicle to accomplish their long-held goal of derailing President Obama's signature Affordable Care Act.

The final inning of the drama came Monday afternoon, as the Senate rejected yet another version of the House's spending bill that would have delayed Obamacare for a year and President Obama addressed reporters at the White House, accusing GOP lawmakers of threatening to throw a "wrench" into the economy "just because there's a law they don't like."

The House countered again, voting 228-201 to pass another bill that would avert a shutdown of the federal government but also delay a key part of the Affordable Care Act. The Senate quickly tabled the amendments and sent the bill back to the House.

"I think what the speaker is doing is doubling and tripling down a path that was always intended to take us to shutting down government," Rep. Nancy Pelosi, the House Democratic leader, said in a press conference minutes before the deadline.

As the minutes ticked away toward the midnight deadline, no compromise appeared and the White House budget office directed federal agencies to begin shutting down.

The shutdown means not only will government workers be involuntarily laid off but national parks, with daily attendance of some 750,000, will be closed.

After the deadline passed, President Obama sent a pre-recorded video message to U.S. troops and Department of Defense staff assuring them that they would get paid.

"If you're serving in harm's way, we're going to make sure you have what you need to succeed in your missions," the president said.

As The Associated Press writes, the government shutdown is expected to inconvenience millions:

"Many low-to-moderate-income borrowers and first-time homebuyers seeking government-backed mortgages could face delays. ...

"About 800,000 federal workers, many already reeling from the effect of automatic budget cuts, would be ordered to report to work Tuesday for about four hours — but only to carry out shutdown-related chores such as changing office voicemail messages and completing time cards. Once they departed, they would be under orders not to do any government work.

"Some critical services such as patrolling the borders, inspecting meat and controlling air traffic would continue. Social Security benefits would be sent, and the Medicare and Medicaid health care programs for the elderly and poor would continue to pay doctors and hospitals."

Anticipating the likely shutdown, investors on Monday turned in a disappointing day. The Dow Jones industrial average fell 128.57 points, off 0.8 percent, to close at 15,129.67. The Standard & Poor's 500 dropped 10.20 points, or 0.6 percent, to 1,681.55.
                          http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/09/30/227873883/shutdown-begins-after-congress-fails-in-spending-compromise

What I find ironic about this is how similar it was to the last - Democratic President, Republican controlled House, and a fight (in part) over health insurance.

Ironic is that this shutdown won't stop the ACA - It's already funded, and will start tommarow. Choosing to shut down the government is a middle finger, spiteful retaliation for them not getting their way.

In as simple terms as I can put it - The baby didn't get the food it liked, so it decided to throw up over everything.
                          Old September 30th, 2013 (8:52 PM).
                          Welcome to the Federation Starship: USS Buttcrack
                          • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
                          Whelp, it's happened. Let the moaning commence and most of it with good reason.
                          Old September 30th, 2013 (9:00 PM).
                          • Crystal Tier

I'm saving my obligation to get angry for when my boss calls me in the morning and tells me I'm being furloughed.
                          Old September 30th, 2013 (9:04 PM).

For now all I have to say is this since I am exhausted atm. Are you ****ing kidding me?
                            Old September 30th, 2013 (9:31 PM).
                            • Crystal Tier

Here's a short list of things that are or might get shut down. And by "short" I mean "I'm a liar":

Access Board
                            Administration for Children and Families
                            Administration for Native Americans
                            Administration on Aging
                            Administration on Developmental Disabilities
                            Administrative Committee of the Federal Register
                            Administrative Conference of the United States
                            Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts
                            Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
                            Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
                            African Development Foundation
                            Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
                            Agency for International Development
                            Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
                            Agricultural Marketing Service
                            Agricultural Research Service
                            Agriculture Department
                            Air and Radiation Hotline Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
                            Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Bureau
                            American Battle Monuments Commission
                            AmeriCorps Recruiting
                            AMTRAK
                            Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
                            Antitrust Division
                            Appalachian Regional Commission
                            Architect of the Capitol
                            Archives
                            Arctic Research Commission
                            Arms Control and International Security
                            Army Corps of Engineers
                            Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Interagency Coordinating Committee
                            Atlantic Fleet Forces Command

Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation
                            Bonneville Power Administration
                            Botanic Garden
                            Broadcasting Board of Governors
                            Bureau of Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade
                            Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
                            Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
                            Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection
                            Bureau of Economic Analysis
                            Bureau of Indian Affairs
                            Bureau of Industry and Security
                            Bureau of International Labor Affairs
                            Bureau of Justice Statistics
                            Bureau of Labor Statistics
                            Bureau of Land Management
                            Bureau of Prisons
                            Bureau of Reclamation
                            Bureau of the Census
                            Bureau of the Public Debt
                            Bureau of Transportation Statistics

Capitol Visitor Center
                            Census Bureau
                            Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
                            Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
                            Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
                            Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board
                            Chief Acquisition Officers Council
                            Chief Financial Officers Council
                            Chief Human Capital Officers Council
                            Chief Information Officers Council
                            Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee
                            Citizenship and Immigration Services
                            Civilian Radioactive Waste Management
                            Commerce Department
                            Commission on Civil Rights
                            Commission on Fine Arts
                            Commission on International Religious Freedom
                            Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
                            Committee for Purchase from People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled
                            Committee for the Implementation of Textile Agreements
                            Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States
                            Community Oriented Policing Services
                            Community Planning and Development
                            Compliance, Office of
                            Computer Emergency Readiness Team
                            Congressional Budget Office
                            Congressional Research Service
                            Constitution Center
                            Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
                            Consumer Product Safety Commission
                            Coordinating Council on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
                            Corporation for National and Community Service
                            Corps of Engineers
                            Council of Economic Advisers
                            Council on Environmental Quality
                            Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency for the District of Columbia

Defense Acquisition University
                            Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
                            Defense Commissary Agency
                            Defense Contract Audit Agency
                            Defense Contract Management Agency
                            Defense Field Activities
                            Defense Finance and Accounting Services
                            Defense Information Systems Agency
                            Defense Intelligence Agency
                            Defense Legal Services Agency
                            Defense Logistics Agency
                            Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board
                            Defense Security Cooperation Agency
                            Defense Security Service
                            Defense Technical Information Center
                            Defense Threat Reduction Agency
                            Delaware River Basin Commission
                            Denali Commission
                            Department of Agriculture
                            Department of Commerce
                            Department of Defense
                            Department of Defense Inspector General
                            Department of Education
                            Department of Energy
                            Department of Health and Human Services
                            Department of Homeland Security
                            Department of Housing and Urban Development
                            Department of Justice
                            Department of Labor
                            Department of the Interior
                            Department of Transportation
                            Domestic Policy Council
                            Drug Enforcement Administration

Economic Adjustment Office
                            Economic Analysis, Bureau of
                            Economic Development Administration
                            Economic Research Service
                            Economic, Business and Agricultural Affairs
                            Economics and Statistics Administration
                            Education Department
                            Election Assistance Commission
                            Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of
                            Employee Benefits Security Administration
                            Employment and Training Administration
                            Endangered Species Committee
                            Energy Department
                            Energy Information Administration
                            English Language Acquisition Office
                            Environmental Management
                            Environmental Protection Agency
                            Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
                            European Command
                            Executive Office for Immigration Review
                            Export-Import Bank of the United States

Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
                            Farm Credit Administration
                            Farm Service Agency
                            Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board
                            Federal Aviation Administration
                            Federal Communications Commission
                            Federal Consulting Group
                            Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
                            Federal Emergency Management Agency
                            Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
                            Federal Executive Boards
                            Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council
                            Federal Financing Bank
                            Federal Geographic Data Committee
                            Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
                            Federal Housing Finance Agency
                            Federal Interagency Committee for the Management of Noxious and Exotic Weeds
                            Federal Interagency Committee on Education
                            Federal Interagency Council on Statistical Policy
                            Federal Judicial Center
                            Federal Labor Relations Authority
                            Federal Laboratory Consortium for Technology Transfer
                            Federal Library and Information Center Committee
                            Federal Maritime Commission
                            Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
                            Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission
                            Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
                            Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)
                            Federal Railroad Administration
                            Federal Reserve System
                            Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
                            Federal Student Aid Information Center
                            Federal Trade Commission
                            Federal Transit Administration
                            Financial Management Service
                            Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, National Commission
                            Fish and Wildlife Service
                            Food and Drug Administration
                            Food Safety and Inspection Service
                            Foreign Agricultural Service
                            Foreign Claims Settlement Commission
                            Forest Service
                            Fossil Energy
                            Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board

General Services Administration
                            Geological Survey
                            Global Affairs
                            Government Accountability Office
                            Government Ethics, Office of
                            Government National Mortgage Association
                            Government Printing Office
                            Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration

Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation
                            Health and Human Services Department
                            Health Resources and Services Administration
                            Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control Office
                            Helsinki Commission
                            Holocaust Memorial Museum
                            Homeland Security Department
                            House Leadership Offices
                            House of Representatives
                            House of Representatives Committees
                            House Office of Inspector General
                            House Office of the Clerk
                            House Organizations, Commissions, and Task Forces
                            Housing Office

Illinois and Michigan Canal National Heritage Corridor Commission
                            Indian Affairs, Bureau of
                            Indian Arts and Crafts Board
                            Indian Health Service
                            Industrial College of the Armed Forces
                            Industry and Security, Bureau of
                            Information Resource Management College
                            Information Resources Center
                            Innovation and Improvement Office
                            Inspectors General
                            Institute of Education Sciences
                            Institute of Museum and Library Services
                            Institute of Peace
                            Inter-American Foundation
                            Interagency Alternative Dispute Resolution Working Group
                            Interagency Council on Homelessness
                            Interior Department
                            Internal Revenue Service
                            International Labor Affairs, Bureau of
                            International Trade Administration
                            International Trade Commission
                            Interpol

James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation
                            Japan-United States Friendship Commission
                            Job Corps
                            John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
                            Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries
                            Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies
                            Joint Fire Science Program
                            Joint Forces Command
                            Joint Forces Staff College
                            Joint Military Intelligence College
                            Judicial Circuit Courts of Appeal
                            Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation
                            Justice Department
                            Justice Programs, Office of
                            Justice Statistics, Bureau of
                            Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of

Labor Department
                            Labor Statistics, Bureau of
                            Land Management, Bureau of
                            Legal Services Corporation
                            Library of Congress

Marine Mammal Commission
                            Maritime Administration
                            Marketing and Regulatory Programs
                            Mediation and Concitiation Service, Office of
                            Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission
                            Medicare Payment Advisory Commission
                            Merit Systems Protection Board
                            Migratory Bird Conservation Commission
                            Military Postal Service Agency
                            Millennium Challenge Corporation
                            Mine Safety and Health Administration
                            Minority Business Development Agency
                            Mississippi River Commission
                            Morris K. Udall and Stewart L. Udall Foundation
                            Multifamily Housing Office

National Aeronautics and Space Administration
                            National Agricultural Statistics Service
                            National AIDS Policy Office
                            National Archives and Records Administration
                            National Bipartisan Commission on the Future of Medicare
                            National Capital Planning Commission
                            National Cemetery Administration
                            National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform
                            National Constitution Center
                            National Council on Disability
                            National Counterintelligence Executive, Office of
                            National Credit Union Administration
                            National Defense University
                            National Drug Intelligence Center
                            National Economic Council
                            National Endowment for the Arts
                            National Endowment for the Humanities
                            National Gallery of Art
                            National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
                            National Indian Gaming Commission
                            National Institute of Food and Agriculture
                            National Institute of Justice
                            National Institute of Standards and Technology
                            National Institutes of Health
                            National Interagency Fire Center
                            National Labor Relations Board
                            National Marine Fisheries Service
                            National Mediation Board
                            National Nuclear Security Administration
                            National Ocean Service
                            National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
                            National Park Foundation
                            National Park Service
                            National Railroad Passenger Corporation
                            National Reconnaissance Office
                            National Science Foundation
                            National Security Agency
                            National Security Council
                            National Technical Information Service
                            National Telecommunications and Information Administration
                            National Transportation Safety Board
                            National Weather Service
                            Natural Resources Conservation Service
                            Northwest Power Planning Council
                            Nuclear Energy, Science and Technology
                            Nuclear Regulatory Commission
                            Nuclear Waste Technical Review Board

Oak Ridge National Laboratory
                            Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission
                            Office for Civil Rights, Department of Education
                            Office of Compliance
                            Office of Disability Employment Policy
                            Office of Elementary and Secondary Education
                            Office of Government Ethics
                            Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
                            Office of Management and Budget
                            Office of Mediation and Concitiation Service
                            Office of National Drug Control Policy
                            Office of Personnel Management
                            Office of Refugee Resettlement
                            Office of Science and Technology Policy
                            Office of Scientific and Technical Information
                            Office of Special Counsel
                            Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
                            Office of the Director of National Intelligence
                            Office of the Pardon Attorney See Pardon Attorney, Office of
                            Office of Thrift Supervision
                            Open World Leadership Center
                            Overseas Private Investment Corporation

Pacific Command
                            Pardon Attorney, Office of See Office of the Pardon Attorney
                            Parole Commission
                            Peace Corps
                            Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
                            Pentagon Force Protection Agency
                            Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
                            Policy Development and Research
                            Political Affairs
                            Postal Regulatory Commission
                            Postal Service
                            Power Administrations
                            President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports
                            Presidio Trust
                            Prisoner of War/Missing Personnel Office
                            Public and Indian Housing
                            Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs

Radio and TV Marti
                            Radio Free Asia
                            Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
                            Railroad Retirement Board
                            Reclamation, Bureau of
                            Refugee Resettlement, Office of
                            Regulatory Information Service Center
                            Rehabilitation Services Administration
                            Research and Innovative Technology Administration
                            Research, Education and Economics
                            Risk Management Agency
                            Rural Business and Cooperative Programs
                            Rural Development
                            Rural Housing Service
                            Rural Utilities Service

Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation
                            Science and Technology Policy, Office of
                            Science Office
                            Scientific and Technical Information, Office of
                            Secret Service
                            Securities and Exchange Commission
                            Selective Service System
                            Senate
                            Senate Committees
                            Senate Leadership
                            Small Business Administration
                            Smithsonian Institution
                            Social Security Administration
                            Social Security Advisory Board
                            Southeastern Power Administration
                            Southern Command
                            Southwestern Power Administration
                            Special Forces Operations Command
                            State Department
                            State Justice Institute
                            Stennis Center for Public Service
                            Strategic Command
                            Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
                            Surface Mining, Reclamation and Enforcement
                            Surface Transportation Board
                            Susquehanna River Basin Commission

Tax Court
                            Taxpayer Advocacy Panel
                            Tennessee Valley Authority
                            Trade and Development Agency
                            Transportation Command
                            Transportation Department
                            Transportation Security Administration
                            Transportation Statistics, Bureau of
                            TRICARE Management
                            Trustee Program

U.S. AbilityOne Commission
                            U.S. Access Board
                            U.S. Capitol Visitor Center
                            U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
                            U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
                            U.S. Election Assistance Commission
                            U.S. Geological Survey
                            U.S. International Trade Commission
                            U.S. Mission to the United Nations
                            U.S. National Central Bureau - Interpol
                            U.S. Postal Service
                            U.S. Sentencing Commission
                            U.S. Trade and Development Agency
                            U.S. Trade Representative
                            Unified Combatant Commands
                            Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences

Veterans Benefits Administration
                            Veterans Day National Committee
                            Veterans' Employment and Training Service
                            Vietnam Educational Foundation
                            Voice of America

Washington Headquarters Services
                            Weather Service
                            Western Area Power Administration
                            White House
                            White House Commission on Presidential Scholars
                            White House Commission on the National Moment of Remembrance
                            White House Office of Administration
                            Women's Bureau
                            Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
                            Quick Reply

Sponsored Links