• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
You can use playsong 0x(song you want). You can find the song numbers in the header tab in advance map. :)

After battle the battle it will revert, so you need another playsong. Plus if you extended the song table, the a-map ones will be wrong.

GoGoJJTech

Years
So I guess there's no command, then? Ah well, thanks anyways crunch :/

You could:
playsong (song) 0x0
trainer battle (blah blah)
playsong (song) 0x0

so the song starts again after battle, just it will not continue from before, even the normal game engine doesn't support this.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
Is there any way to change the original trainer/pokemon ID for a gifted pokemon given by using the givepokemon command? I've been searching on the net for a while and have not been able to find anything that helps.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
I am currently updating a pokemon blue hack, and I'm basically trying to find the correct offset to change the prices of items using a hex editor. For example, to change the price of a nugget from 10000 to 20000, or an Iron from 9800 to 100.
Which would be the offset to change the item price in a pokemon blue rom? Or is there another specific way to change the item price?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I am currently updating a pokemon blue hack, and I'm basically trying to find the correct offset to change the prices of items using a hex editor. For example, to change the price of a nugget from 10000 to 20000, or an Iron from 9800 to 100.
Which would be the offset to change the item price in a pokemon blue rom? Or is there another specific way to change the item price?
If that kind of info is not documented in the Red/Blue ROM Map (look for one with google), I would personally take a look at the disassembly next.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
I know this question has been asked quite some time ago in this thread, but it was never answered completly. I am very very far into making my rom hack right now, and all of my maps were done and everything until i tried making just one average script. Once I finished copying and pasting the offset in advanced map, half of my maps were corrupted. When I clicked on the corrupted maps, they give me this message: "Invalid pointer to map footer", and:"Invalid data pointer in eventheader on load eventheader". Some corrupted maps only give the first error message, when others give both.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I really really dont want to have to remake my whole entire hack... Even the backup is corrupted.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I know this question has been asked quite some time ago in this thread, but it was never answered completly. I am very very far into making my rom hack right now, and all of my maps were done and everything until i tried making just one average script. Once I finished copying and pasting the offset in advanced map, half of my maps were corrupted. When I clicked on the corrupted maps, they give me this message: "Invalid pointer to map footer", and:"Invalid data pointer in eventheader on load eventheader". Some corrupted maps only give the first error message, when others give both.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I really really dont want to have to remake my whole entire hack... Even the backup is corrupted.

What version advancemap are you using? This happened to me when I was using a firered rom and I switched advancemap versions and it still wasn't working either way. You obviously overwrite something that you weren't suppose to and it corrupted your hack. Having one backup is good but I recommend having two or three. Personally I have four and I save them every four steps to ensure no errors are carried forward. I've tried fixing this problem myself and I can tell you personally I had to stop with that hack and start over. What offset did you use for your script? You used 720000+ didn't you?

GoGoJJTech

Years

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
What version advancemap are you using? This happened to me when I was using a firered rom and I switched advancemap versions and it still wasn't working either way. You obviously overwrite something that you weren't suppose to and it corrupted your hack. Having one backup is good but I recommend having two or three. Personally I have four and I save them every four steps to ensure no errors are carried forward. I've tried fixing this problem myself and I can tell you personally I had to stop with that hack and start over. What offset did you use for your script? You used 720000+ didn't you?

Nope, I used 0x800000. I literally CANNOT start a new hack now this one has been designed and worked on for years... Is there any way possible for me to fix it?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Wait, even the back-up is corrupted? Redownload A-map. You may have broken the ini by accident or by some hard disk error.

Also, always keep every back-up. If you need to save space, just use 7zip. I compressed 100 roms down to 4 mb once with it. You could also do what LaZ does, and create an ips for each version and log it.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Wait, even the back-up is corrupted? Redownload A-map. You may have broken the ini by accident or by some hard disk error.

Also, always keep every back-up. If you need to save space, just use 7zip. I compressed 100 roms down to 4 mb once with it. You could also do what LaZ does, and create an ips for each version and log it.

Yes, the backups also crashed because when I went to test my script, I saw how if was corrupted. Not thinking, I went to advanced map to see the problem and then it overwrote the backup with the corruption.
Guess I am gonna have to start all of my hard work all over again. Thanks for the help though.

And yes, I re-downloaded advanced map and it didnt do anything??????????????????
But ya I will take time and remake my hack game, so thanks again karatekid552 and Le pug!

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Based on my experience, it's always best to uncheck this feature...
Spoiler:

That always corrupts my early maps...

A piece of advice, don't rely on tools' back-ups.
It's also great to have back-ups you manually created, like create a folder and copy your ROM, and detail something about it like...
Code:
My Hack (before adding new music).gba

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Based on my experience, it's always best to uncheck this feature...
Spoiler:

That always corrupts my early maps...

A piece of advice, don't rely on tools' back-ups.
It's also great to have back-ups you manually created, like create a folder and copy your ROM, and detail something about it like...
Code:
My Hack (before adding new music).gba

Sounds good, i'll be sure to do these when I remake the hack, thanks for the advice!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
This is a bit more than a question but the thread wasn't approved so...

Spoiler:

I HAVE already done tons of research on my own. I just can't find enough details without playing all of the hacks. That's why I'm asking y'all, since y'all have prob played the hacks, to please help me with this ^^

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
When using an evolutionary stone (any of the three thunder, fire, or water) on eevee my game lets me select eevee and does the little animation where the stone goes into it or something, but then after that the screen goes blank and nothing happens. Did I mess up the stone routine?

Years
I have many problem at using Advance Map that i can't solve. Sorry before for my RIP English & it's not mean i haven't read so many post that will help me to answer this question Please your help.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
ok a pretty simple question i want a sprite to disappear after beating the pokemon league second time what kind of script would it be ? i mean i dont knw how to make a script check another event if its happened or not and make it say anything before the league isnt beaten the second time

GoGoJJTech

Years
When using an evolutionary stone (any of the three thunder, fire, or water) on eevee my game lets me select eevee and does the little animation where the stone goes into it or something, but then after that the screen goes blank and nothing happens. Did I mess up the stone routine?

Yeah!

I have many problem at using Advance Map that i can't solve. Sorry before for my RIP English & it's not mean i haven't read so many post that will help me to answer this question Please your help.

Spoiler:

1: In the header tab, there are two spaces for names. The left allows you to choose the name, the right allows you to rename it. on the left, choose what you want.

2: tileset 1 is the max size. In the block editor (looks like a puzzle piece) click tilesets then change amount.

3: It's an a-map error. Just refresh or open the ROM again. MAKE SURE YOU'RE USING A-MAP 1.92 OR YOU'LL END UP LIKE THESE PEOPLE ON THIS PAGE. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7781039&postcount=304

ok a pretty simple question i want a sprite to disappear after beating the pokemon league second time what kind of script would it be ? i mean i dont knw how to make a script check another event if its happened or not and make it say anything before the league isnt beaten the second time

There's a magical thing called "flag".
.....(first script)
setflag 0x200

.....(second)
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @it_happened_man
#org @it_happened_man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back