• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Dragon/Fairy Type Pokémon, Good Idea or Bad Idea

Dragon/Fairy Type Pokémon

• Good Idea

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Years
Aww man, immune to dragon eh? I think it would be a great idea. Fairy dragons have always been cool to me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't know the type charts by heart these days :D but if anything, I think the Dragonair family should be changed into Dragon/Fairy. Compared to the dragons of the other generations, they look a lot more fairy-like and less vicious. It would suit them well.

But a Dunsparce evolution being Dragon/Fairy would be so cool too.

dunsparce__s_evolution_by_yt_05-d59m868.png

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I have no qualms about the typing combos. Show me the design and then we'll talk haha.

Years
They've made numerous other type combinations that you wouldn't think would go together, so I don't see why we shouldn't have a Dragon/Fairy type at some point. It might seem a little overpowered at first with 8 resistances/immunities, but then you look at Pokemon like Magnemite who have 13, and it doesn't seem so bad.

Whether I'd use one or not I don't know, but having the option at some point would be nice.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
A Fairy/Dragon would be cool. I mean, we already have a Dark/Psychic in X and Y which is the same thing in terms of type synergy. Plus, they could make some great designs with a Fairy/Dragon typing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Sure, it would still be weak to Ice moves along with Steel and Poison moves so it won't be invincible now.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It sounds like quite an awesome combination, but competitive-wise, it would be a bad idea. If dragon is its primary type and fairy is its second, then it would be super-effective to ice, dragon, fairy, poison, and steel—a total of five weaknesses. If you ask me, that's a lot! If fairy is its main type, though, and dragon is its secondary, it would pretty much have the same weaknesses, but the only difference is that it'd have an immunity over dragon-types. d: If a dragon- and fairy-type Pokémon was ever introduced, then I'm not totally sure if I'll be using it. If it does have good stats though, then I may consider it. Haha.

Last edited:
Back