• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yeah, and funnily enough both were the Water-types of their respective trio. Very sad for what happened to Fennekin's fanbase though, I don't think Delphox is as ugly as Emboar, the one starter that many claimed to be the worst of all.

Emboar said to be the worst starter....Ranked higher than gen 1 and 2's Starter in competitive play.

Personally Delphox for me is the worse Fire Starter to date.

Years
I'm kinda surprised that some people actually want to box their Kalos starter upon seeing the final evos, presumably because they were so hyped only to feel like they got let down. Apparently 10% of those who voted on the poll that Xander posted were apparently disappointed in all three.

I do like all three's designs, Delphox doesn't look that terrible to me. Greninja took time for me to warm up to but still that tongue scarf irks me a bit. Chesnaught is definitely the standout one here, it's design is quite drastically different from its pre-evos compared to the other two.

I notice that according to most of the posts I've seen from fans on some Pokemon forums, as well as Tumblr, they claim that they are more likely to box the newer generations' starters in comparison to the earlier generations. Maybe they think that starter designs got worse with every generation?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Only problem I have with them is they don't have a mega evolution making them less wortth to keep than a Charizard or Blaziken.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I sincerely hope that Frogadier is dark type.
I think Quilladin will be rock or steel and will have to do with a knight.

I want Chespin's final to be Drak because they have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more options for designs if he is a dark knight and not a paladin because there isn't any "Light" type.
And to make it even, itll be as follows:

Grass/Drak to counter Fire/Psychic to counter Water/Fighting.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
Chesnaught and Delpfox are probably my least favorite starter final evolutions. Greninja on the other hand looks pretty damn awesome.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Honestly none of the starters this time around interest me. The first and second stages are really good but the final ones are just????

I might just ditch my starter and ask someone to trade me over an Inkay as my starter or something...

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
After seeing the finals, Froakie definitely for me now. As someone mentioned before, he has gone from my least favourite to my favourite. After seeing Frogadier you could sort of tell it was going to be dark type as well. I think Chesnaught looks hideous, more like a digimon or something. As for Delphox, a nice concept, but I don't like it as a starter, I can't really see it being a fan favourite or anything like that, and quite disappointing after how much potential Fennekin had. Each to their own though!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
I used to go for Fennekin but Delphox was a bit off-putting, Chesnaught freaking rocks though so I'm planning to use one.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I have to say, I've only taken a glance at the final starters, but it seems that they've wasted the chance to make some of the best starters we've seen. I mean, Fennekin, Chespin and Froakie were the most solid starters we've seen in years, and well from what I hear, they've stuffed them up.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Final decision: NONE OF THEM. This generation, I'll stowing away my starter or trading them away. Instead of picking Fen, Ches, or Froak, I think I'll take in a Skitty as my team lead <3

Unless, however, it's true that each of them will receive an alternate evolution. And I really, really, really hope that's true. This was a huge disappointment for me, a fiasco even. If I were going to rank them accordingly...

Meganium > Venusaur > Serperior > Torterra > Sceptile > Chesnaught

Samurott > Blastoise > Swampert > Feraligatr > Greninja ≥ Empoleon

Charizard > Typhlosion > Blaziken > Emboar > Delphox > Infernape

Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Years
I can understand how some people are disappointed in the final evolutions, but I can't find that a reason to box your Pokémon away. I've always been a true rp fan of the game and view my starter as one of my most valued Pokémon. You wouldn't throw it away if that's what it became if it was a real adventure. I mean, that's your first Pokémon. I find that one gets less disappointed if you don't make high expectations from the start. Take things for how they truly are and not how you wish they would have been.

Unlike most, I think that Fennekin's final evolution is gorgeous. I'm glad they went more mage instead of witch. It's so majestic looking. Froakie's is a little creepy with the scarf design and overly pointy features, but like all Pokémon, I will grow to love it. Chespin's is a bit much, but I have to admit that I find it awesome at the same time.

I'm still going with my original choice of Fennakin. I will have a Charizard most likely take her place later in the game since I'm 100% in love with the X mega, but it will be months down the road after we can transfer Pokémon from older games.

P.S.
My apologies for this being so long. I guess it's a mini rant due to my disgust with reactions and all that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Like I said what make it less atractive to use gen 6 starters is they don't have mega and doesn't look that impressive in their final also.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Spoiler:

If this is truly the male version of Delphox I'll be HAPPY. I'll be getting that male Fennekin!

Years
Spoiler:

If this is truly the male version of Delphox I'll be HAPPY. I'll be getting that male Fennekin!

Wow so Delphox is apparently getting gender differences? If that is true I'm guessing the Fennekin fanbase is sorta saved, but I'm guessing they'll only want the males from now on. The Delphox that leaked earlier was female according to one of the screenshots I saw. People seem to be disappointed in the female Delphox but maybe they might not be disappointed in the male if that's the case.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
That Delphox is likely fake since I've seen the fanmade sprite somewhere before. It slips my mind now though...

Years
That Delphox is likely fake since I've seen the fanmade sprite somewhere before. It slips my mind now though...

You know, I could see it being fake but I'm still hoping it will get gender differences. The one that was leaked yesterday was female according to a screenshot showing it battling Hawlucha.

D Dog master of war

In the heart of battle!
Years
The starters look amazing to me! They look different from others and the knight all the way! I NEED THIS GAME!

Oh I see what it is. You guys had your hopes way to high so you are mad when they don't look like how you wanted it.

Still I hated them at first but I love them all now.... Th-th-there so beautiful *crys heavy tears of joy*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back