• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Lost my interest—stopped playing this game ages ago."

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Sometimes, we grow out of a few of our favorite video games and move onto others.

I once used to be a big fan of Battlefield. I used to play it with my dad all the time on his old Xbox. I loved how big the maps were, the range of weapons that you had access to, how you were able to get into vehicles and ride them, the variety of downloadable content that it had provided you, etc. It was extremely fun. When my friend got me into Call of Duty though, I began to adapt its fast-paced gameplay, which caused me to start liking it more than Battlefield. Eventually, I had forgotten all about Battlefield games and stopped following the franchise completely. I still would've played Battlefield, maybe, if my dad was still into it, but he doesn't play shooter games anymore. The last time he's played these kind of games was two years ago, if I remember correctly, which was a very long time. If EA decides to make some major shake-ups to Battlefield one day, and implement some CoD-like aspects to it, then I may jump back into the game. If not, then chances of me going back to Battlefield would remain quite slim. d:

Anyway, how about you? Are there any games that you used to play, but don't play anymore? What games are they? Why did you stop playing them? What forced you to lose your interest in them? Would you ever play these games again at some point in the future, if you had the chance?

TY

I used to play it a lot, untill something happened (long story) and my interest died out completely
I dunno if ill play them in the near future, i got tons of other games i like a lot

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Persona 3 Portable. I've played it for 6 months to know the change of events when you choose different choices. The endings, battle, concept and like you're just talking to people when choosing choices. But somehow, I already know what will happen that force me to stop playing the game. Lost interest because I already know the events and the un-lockable persona's. Because of knowing everything. I decided to play different rpg or simulation game. By any chance, I kinda miss Persona 3. So I may play it again once I feel like it.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
The Pokemon Franchise in general.
I just haven't picked it up since and have no interest in X and Y at all. It's what I describe as a "dead franchise". That's from my point of view though.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Guardian Heroes. I bought it expecting an in-depth Action RPG. However, I was sorely mistaken.

Bioshock. After beating it on hard, seeing all possible endings, there's really no need to play it anymore.

Minecraft. Didn't take long for creative mode to bore the crap out of me. Built an exact replica of the Empire State Building. And found nothing else to do.

and Skate 2. I enjoy skateboarding video games and this one was great. But when I bought some more, uh, distracting games. I haven't played it since.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Pokémon, oddly enough.
I enjoyed my recent playthrough of SoulSilver, but after getting access Kanto, I just lost interest in playing through it. Truth to be told, it's because I've been recently playing games with more gripping stories (and less tedious gameplay).

The Pokemon Franchise in general.
I just haven't picked it up since and have no interest in X and Y at all. It's what I describe as a "dead franchise". That's from my point of view though.
Hmm, Pokémon is far one would normally call a dead franchise; Megaman, on the other hand...

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I'd have to say Minecraft. The game just overall got boring and I lost interest. Now I rarely play it unless I go over to a friend's house. Also League of Legends. I played the game nonstop for a few months back in '09 but I'm not a big strategy buff. The game just got bring for me after a while.

icklebug

Champagne Supernova
Years
Fallout 3/New Vegas I played religiously for hours and hours a day every day. But to be fair, I beat the hell out of them both. I want a new one :(

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2021
So you want them to add recycled content, broken spawns and player hosting games instead of dedicated servers? No thanks

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
So you want them to add recycled content, broken spawns and player hosting games instead of dedicated servers? No thanks

What game are you talking about?

I would like a new Fallout as well. I beat the third one and just purchased New Vegas last week.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Animal crossing new leaf. it got too boring after only 2 months! plus I got sick and tired of people spamming the life outta me asking "oooh give me that" "ooh help me do something". nowdays my 3ds has collected dust lol.

Pokemon as well. I still play it yes. but I feel that well gamefreak has slacked of recently. I really miss the console ones and the older main pokemon games. heck I even miss pokemon snap and pokemon channel! I haven't even got x and y yet. dont feel like wasting dough on it.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
I've really got out of Minecraft. I play from time to time, but usually for like 20 minutes. I feel it gets boring really quickly, which is strange to think since I usually have a lot of patience when it comes to games.

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2021
What game are you talking about?

I would like a new Fallout as well. I beat the third one and just purchased New Vegas last week.

sorry, i was replying to OP. I was talking about Call of Duty

Fallout 3/New Vegas I played religiously for hours and hours a day every day. But to be fair, I beat the hell out of them both. I want a new one :(

i have over 400 hours on steam for new vegas and 200 plus for FO3

Last edited:

TY

sorry, i was replying to OP. I was talking about Call of Duty

This game too, my god its just... blegh. MW2 was okay, World at War was the most hacked game i ever seen, and after MW2 was a huge ball of disappointment and lag. The zombies mode of Black Ops 1&2 is okaay, but other than that i never wanna play this game ever again.

Also everyone keeps inviting me to their dumb private matches >.>

Years
Prototype, I played up until you meet your sister. The lack of emotion in this game is horrendous and repulsive. Seeing your sister without so much as a heartfelt "How've you been" was the last straw.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Minecraft. Didn't take long for creative mode to bore the crap out of me. Built an exact replica of the Empire State Building. And found nothing else to do.

I was the same way, I guess pokemon too but I actually anna buy pokemon X or Y.

And CoD I used to love that game now I cant stand it, I couldnt even finish single player on black ops 2 getting rid of it. Im just gonna stick with battlefield

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Well, typically the video games that I lose interest to nowadays are the ones that have almost replay value - in which if you beat the game once.. you'll probably turn it down for a really long time. For example, I don't really play some megaman games and some phoenix wright games.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Minecraft. When I got it I was able to play it for a few short bursts but then I grew bored.

Battlefield. I loved the crap out of Bad Company 2, but wasn't a big fan of 3 to the point I didn't want to pick up the franchise ever again.

Mario Kart DS. I threw hundreds upon hundreds of hours into that game. I eventually became extremely burnt out, and wished to never play it again.

Animal Crossing. The series was basically my childhood, but recently my interest has declined in favour of speedrun/competitive land.

Back